Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Ridge 60 - Letcher Central 57
Congrats to the Warriors! Seems like they are starting to get a little more of an identity and establish their team as one of the best in the 15th!
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
E.ridge Wrote:whats going on is tony leaving or something?

Gah man, NO. lol, you know better.

Mr. Onion Head Wrote:Good win for East Ridge, but still a lot of unknowns about this team. I'm more convinced that Wolter will be a game changer than Kasongo. A good PG will take you farther than anything else (See SV 2 years ago). The schedule doesn't look extremely difficult from here on out as they don't appear to play any other Kentucky teams of signifigance.

East Ridge will run up a nice record this year, but it will be hard to compare them to teams from outside this area. The 8th Region may be the only other Region as weak as the 15th and the top team from that Region beat them by 11. (early in the season though).

I think what is pushing a lot of people's buttons right now (haters) is a bit of arrogance from East Ridge fans, and the fact that they are winning primarily because of 2 high profile transfers from out of the country. Anytime this happens, you are going to have a lot of attention put on you. Should be a fun year though, but I don't look for East Ridge to lose again for a while with that schedule.

For once, I agree with you mostly. Without Tony, this team isn't at the top of the Region. He enables Ray to be as open as he is, and is usually the cause of all the fast breaks the Warriors go on and absolutely rip the rim down. Tony is the key, and he will show everyone in Eastern Kentucky what he's made of.

I don't really agree with the arrogance bit, probably because I haven't seen it. When I do hear it though, I always try to say something, because we don't need that after last year. We are going to be low-key and down to earth, just like our boys on the team. And we're going to try and be the best fans possible for them, they feed off of the fans. I'd love to see the ER gym, which is probably the best in the Region by the way and beautiful, as full as it was for the 02'-03', 03'-04' and 04'-05' seasons, when the top bleachers were packed. I think that will be the case come mid-late season, and definitely tourny time.

These boys have everything in front of them...they can win all they want, SV is beatable for once, Pikeville is competitive, and the Region is wide-open but still packed with good teams that play great basketball, especially for us to watch. I can't wait.
OnB I believe I have underestimated some of LCC's abilities just going from what I seen last year..

This is a pretty good LCC team this year. Should handle Cordia pretty easily.