Poll: Who wins ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Hazard
52.54%
Pikeville
47.46%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville @ Hazard 2011 State Semis
HarleyD Wrote:Let's go Panthers!

Pikeville and Belfry head to Bowling Green to represent the mountains and Pike Co!

:Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs:
I think the Dawgs will come out hitting hard from minute one. Mark Dixon and his boys are pumped and ready to play.
Can Pikeville pull the upset? hmm, they got lucky and squeezed one out at Fairview... I say they keep rollin.. 31-28 PIKEVILLE
I think that Pikeville's heart keeps them in this one and if Hazard comes out a little flat in the second half the Panther's will hang one on'em. The Bulldog's gotta take care of business and play with a fire in both halves. I think Hazard needs to put up a lot of points in the first half and cause Pikeville to play catch up in the second half. They can't let the Panther's hang around cause they are hungry for this one. It's gonna be a great game. I'd like to be there for it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
GOOD LUCK PANTHERS..
In a one game series you never know.
If the PANTHERS kicker and QB are on their game. This could be a battle that Hazard might not be able to handle in a one game series.
Rooting for you guys from Raceland!!
Backwoods Wrote:I think that Pikeville's heart keeps them in this one and if Hazard comes out a little flat in the second half the Panther's will hang one on'em. The Bulldog's gotta take care of business and play with a fire in both halves. I think Hazard needs to put up a lot of points in the first half and cause Pikeville to play catch up in the second half. They can't let the Panther's hang around cause they are hungry for this one. It's gonna be a great game. I'd like to be there for it.

Heart can be under estimated, but I'd venture to say that Hazard will play with just as much heart. Heart won't determine the outcome in this one, it will be talent!
What would make anyone think that Hazard won't be pumped for this game with a third trip to the state finals on the menu. I just hope you Pikeville fans enjoy your trip over, because you won't enjoy the trip back. Hazard has eleven seniors that are hungry to make the trip back to BG and they will not let up for one second...You can count on that.
I have a few fellow players on my facebook. and they are hungry for a return trip to state.
hornaplenty Wrote:What would make anyone think that Hazard won't be pumped for this game with a third trip to the state finals on the menu. I just hope you Pikeville fans enjoy your trip over, because you won't enjoy the trip back. Hazard has eleven seniors that are hungry to make the trip back to BG and they will not let up for one second...You can count on that.

Heh heh, you think they're the only ones thats hungry? These Panthers have been hungry all season. I'll promise you one thing, you will be in a game come friday eve. Have your dinner ready, these Panthers will be there more than pumped.
Contain the pikeville QB. Without him the aren't much.
RAMBAIT Wrote:Contain the pikeville QB. Without him the aren't much.
It was enough to beat Fairview. Goodness, you're a fickle dude. We beat Raceland and Fairview. Get over it.
Just an observation. I've seen you play 3 times. The qb is the Man period. Stop him and you win the game. Obviously Raceland and fairview didn't do that. Sttle down dude. Are you getting nervous before the big game?
RAMBAIT Wrote:Just an observation. I've seen you play 3 times. The qb is the Man period. Stop him and you win the game. Obviously Raceland and fairview didn't do that. Sttle down dude. Are you getting nervous before the big game?

Hall and Estep had over 300 yards vs. Fairview. But I wouldn't worry about those guys lol.:dontthink
........And it was all because of the QB. Defenses pay so much attention to him that other players flourish. Take him off that team an they are 4-6 at best.
RAMBAIT Wrote:Just an observation. I've seen you play 3 times. The qb is the Man period. Stop him and you win the game. Obviously Raceland and fairview didn't do that. Sttle down dude. Are you getting nervous before the big game?

Nope, not at all nervous. You see, we (Pikeville and Hazard) actually have been here before at this point in the season (and beyond this point), something you Raceland fans know little about.

You say "stop him and win the game", well, other than Belfry and Swain, no one has been able to completely shut Randy down this year. And really, outside a HORRIBLE 2 minute sequence to open the second half against Belfry, Pikeville did a fantastic job against a much deeper 3A team that is most likely going to the 3A finals in Bowling Green. You don't do that if you have just one player. You're entitled to your opinion, I respect that, but you Raceland and Fairview fans (some of you not all) have a tendency to hijack threads and make it all about your teams. So forgive me if I'm quick to try and shut it down, your reputation precedes you.
Your nervousness about the big game scares me. Just my opinon dude. Don't get so wired up about it.
RAMBAIT Wrote:Your nervousness about the big game scares me. Just my opinon dude. Don't get so wired up about it.
LOL. Whatever, dude. You really need a life if you think a little dig like that gets us worked up. Last response to you, you are nothing more than a Topix-like troll.
Dude!!! No need to get nasty over a simple observation of your...... what i think.....Mediocre football team. It's people like you who give this site a bad name.
too close to call. this one really could go either way. good luck to both. whoever wins will need a lot of luck the following week.
Go bulldogs !!!
Great matchup of two tradition-rich programs. Should be good weather and a great ballgame. To be "the man", you gotta beat "the man", and right now, Hazard is "the man". We'll see if the Panthers have what it takes. Hope everybody can enjoy a great rivalry game. Could go either way.
Lets go Pikeville!

A big fan from BL is rooting for you. The community should be closed on Friday, oh no wait it is black friday. I think it should be changed to Maroon friday, pull it out!
Stardust Wrote:Heart can be under estimated, but I'd venture to say that Hazard will play with just as much heart. Heart won't determine the outcome in this one, it will be talent!

Stardust,are you telling me that if Pikeville pulls this one out it won't have nothing to do with their heart and determination? I have seen both team's play this season and I know that Hazard has slightly more talent on their team but,that's not to say that Pikeville has no talented. On the contrary,Pikeville has enough talent to win this game and if Hazard doesn't come out and take care of business from beginning to end the Panther's will win. Pikeville hasn't come this far to lay down now. I'm going with Hazard in this game cause they are in my team's district but I have tons of respect for Pikeville too and I know what both are capable of. Good luck to both teams Friday night.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Would like to see P-Ville win this one and see two teams (assuming Belfry wins at Garrard) from Pike County head to Bowling Green. Though once they get there both will have tall tasks to overcome (Mayfield & Central).

That being said, I just don't know who will win this game. Going to be a great game.
Saw Hazard play Campbellsville & Pikeville play Fairview.

Pikeville is better than I thought & Hazard is about where I expected.

Put Maynard & Hefner from Pikeville with the Hazard skill players (Combs, Olinger, Blanton, Jones, Johnson & Higgins) and either teams line & they beat Beechwood or Mayfield. My opinion!

Neither team is "physically impressive". Lot of people going both ways. Both have good high school speed, but Hazard has more. Two of the better kickers in high school.

Hazard by 10 - probably something like 45 - 35.
Yes Whoever makes will have there hands full with central, mayfield, beechwood or ft campbell.
Hazard By 4... WITH A KISS!
less than 24hrs gametime!! cant wait!! Do It Pikeville!! believe in each other and make it happen!! Hail Pikeville!!
Officer Farva Wrote:Hazard By 4... WITH A KISS!

:yikes: