Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central vs Rowan County (Updates)
Blau Vogel Wrote:None of my comments have been derogatory toward JC. I don't like the onside kick in that situation. Not by JC, HHS, Male, or Fred's Lube and Dance Academy (I had to throw one private school in there)
Calm down. I told you it was on a penalty with JC kicking from the Rowan 45. I'm sure Coach Mueller would have done the same thing.
Armchair QB Wrote:Questioning the character or class is not derogatory? Anyways great defensive effort by JC tonight. I think they held Wing to less than 50 yards passing.

Wing was getting a lot of praise before this game. Curious what JC fans thought of him?
livewire220 Wrote:Calm down. I told you it was on a penalty with JC kicking from the Rowan 45. I'm sure Coach Mueller would have done the same thing.

It has happened to HHS this year and he kicked it through the endzone. I really do not have a problem with what JC did in this situation though.
sstack Wrote:Wing was getting a lot of praise before this game. Curious what JC fans thought of him?

He appears to be an excellent athlete. JC held him in check all night. It was really hard to tell.
Old School Wrote:Good sportsmanship? Score 40 points in the first quarter and have a running clock most of the second quarter while keeping the starters in until halftime, you think that's good sportsmanship.

The starters need to get in a little work...Tonight for example, in the first quarter, Highlands had 5 possessions. They ran exactly EIGHT plays.

1 - 65 yard TD pass (1 play drive)
2 - 15 yard pass
3 - 65 yard TD pass (2 play drive)
4 - 20 yard TD pass (1 play drive)
5 - 55 yard pass
6 - 10 yard pass
7 - 15 yard TD run (3 play drive)
8 - 7 yard pass
end of 1st quarter 28 - 0
1 - 50 yard TD pass (2 play drive)
sstack Wrote:It has happened to HHS this year and he kicked it through the endzone. I really do not have a problem with what JC did in this situation though.

Shew!!! You just cant believe how relieved we all feel for that!!
Wing definitely was not 100% but I think anyone at that game would give JC credit for a big defensive effort. Had no doubt JC would score on Rowan but wondered about their D. Don't know bout others but it looks like the game to watch next week will be at Putnam. JC better have a couple extra TD's to overcome the home field advantage in Ashland.
livewire220 Wrote:Calm down. I told you it was on a penalty with JC kicking from the Rowan 45. I'm sure Coach Mueller would have done the same thing.

What sstack said...Mueller would have had his kicker blow it through the end zone. If I had to guess, he has great confidence in his D and has never seen a touchback run back for a touchdown.
Bob Seger Wrote:Shew!!! You just cant believe how relieved we all feel for that!!

This is a board to discuss sports is it not? Boy you sure work hard at trying to be an ass!
sstack Wrote:I know they will be ok, but don't you want your program, coach,and school to be respected across the state? Or do you just want to win football games and not teach sportsmanship and character?

I can tell you this pal we could care less what you and the rest of these self self righteous pricks on here think about our program,coach or school. We just don't care. Our main goal is getting OUR program ready for the playoffs this season and for the upcoming seasons. It's after every stinking game you blowhards get on here and try to tell our Coach and our fans how our program should be ran and it's getting old. I can remember a time when Johnson Central football was just plain awful and now that we have a top team now all the so called experts have to chime in with there two cents. I see where teams like Highlands,Conner,Nicholas County, and Breathitt put up big numbers tonight and I could care less about how or why they did it. It's their team and why should I care how they play their games. I guess some of you were also outraged and loss sleep when South Carolina embarrassed poor little ole Kentucky last Saturday.
sstack Wrote:This is a board to discuss sports is it not? Boy you sure work hard at trying to be an ass!

Just following your lead SS. Once upon a time you were a pretty good guy, and you didn't try so hard yourself. What made you become so quite the jerk??? Huh??? Now you know what it's like. You know the old saying about imitation and flattery??
Coach Booth Wrote:I can tell you this pal we could care less what you and the rest of these self self righteous pricks on here think about our program,coach or school. We just don't care. Our main goal is getting OUR program ready for the playoffs this season and for the upcoming seasons. It's after every stinking game you blowhards get on here and try to tell our Coach and our fans how our program should be ran and it's getting old. I can remember a time when Johnson Central football was just plain awful and now that we have a top team now all the so called experts have to chime in with there two cents. I see where teams like Highlands,Conner,Nicholas County, and Breathitt put up big numbers tonight and I could care less about how or why they did it. It's their team and why should I care how they play their games. I guess some of you were also outraged and loss sleep when South Carolina embarrassed poor little ole Kentucky last Saturday.

And just think they own their own little website over at Bluegrasspricks, yet they just have to come over here to this one.
Calm down boys. No name calling. We all know Highlands is going put Johnson out of the playoffs and it's going to be fun again in a few weeks to see Highlands eliminate the good folk of Paintsville again. Just like in the Sweet 16 in 1997.
Blau Vogel Wrote:The starters need to get in a little work...Tonight for example, in the first quarter, Highlands had 5 possessions. They ran exactly EIGHT plays.

1 - 65 yard TD pass (1 play drive)
2 - 15 yard pass
3 - 65 yard TD pass (2 play drive)
4 - 20 yard TD pass (1 play drive)
5 - 55 yard pass
6 - 10 yard pass
7 - 15 yard TD run (3 play drive)
8 - 7 yard pass
end of 1st quarter 28 - 0
1 - 50 yard TD pass (2 play drive)

Boy thanks for adding that to the thread. I can sleep better now that I've seen what Highlands did on their first eight plays especially since I saw it in the Johnson Central and Rowan County thread.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Calm down boys. No name calling. We all know Highlands is going put Johnson out of the playoffs and it's going to be fun again in a few weeks to see Highlands eliminate the good folk of Paintsville again. Just like in the Sweet 16 in 1997.

Wrong school, moron!!!
sstack Wrote:It has happened to HHS this year and he kicked it through the endzone. I really do not have a problem with what JC did in this situation though.

Since a Highlands fan is okay with the kick I can now make it through the weekend without feeling depressed. It just makes me feel all warm and tingly on the inside.
Bob Seger Wrote:Wrong school, moron!!!

LOL. Same town. Same thing. Johnsonville, Paintsville. Dorton, Virgie. It's all the same thing.
Coach Booth Wrote:Boy thanks for adding that to the thread. I can sleep better now that I've seen what Highlands did on their first eight plays especially since I saw it in the Johnson Central and Rowan County thread.

This IS the Johnson Central and Rowan County thread, so I am glad you saw it here.

Some posters say Highlands starters should be pulled sooner. I showed this so maybe they could make some recommendations for how early coach Mueller should pull his starters. If the can score 35 points in nine plays, maybe they should come out of the game after 4 or 5 plays.
Wideleft01 Wrote:LOL. Same town. Same thing. Johnsonville, Paintsville. Dorton, Virgie. It's all the same thing.

Yeah, that's about how bright you are.
Bob Seger Wrote:Yeah, that's about how bright you are.

Maybe I'll move down there and instantly be the smartest guy in town.
Come on Bob. I'm just funnin with y'all. I root for Johnson every week. I hope Jude blows the record away and you guys roll Covcath. I love the Johnson Highlands game. I also love the barbs on here the week leading up to the game. Johnson is on the map in Ky high school football. Don't take everything so seriously.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Maybe I'll move down there and instantly be the smartest guy in town.

It's impossible to make chicken salad out of chicken #$%&.
I mean really who cares how Highlands, Boyle, Bell, or JCHS does it? They all win. Scores don't matter. A win is win and other than that who really cares? Teams do it different ways. Those ways don't make this coach or that coach a prick or bad sportsman. Really, c'mon man. The world would be a much better place if people would just take care of theirselves and stop worrying about what others do.
Blau Vogel Wrote:This IS the Johnson Central and Rowan County thread, so I am glad you saw it here.

Some posters say Highlands starters should be pulled sooner. I showed this so maybe they could make some recommendations for how early coach Mueller should pull his starters. If the can score 35 points in nine plays, maybe they should come out of the game after 4 or 5 plays.

It's Mueller's team and I could care less what he does with his team. That's my whole point. Why should Coach Mueller care about what every Tom,Dick,and Harry with a computer thinks about the way he runs his team.
I expect Jude to roll up another 1500 yards in the next 4 games against the ducks he plays before Highlands. He may go for another 2000 by then at tonights rate.
When Highlands and Johnson play Jude will run about 25-100yd wind sprints if he's playing defense and trying to cover the Highlands receivers.
Wideleft01 Wrote:When Highlands and Johnson play Jude will run about 25-100yd wind sprints if he's playing defense and trying to cover the Highlands receivers.
Exactly thats why he must play late in games now. Even your coach realizes that. He leaves his starters in as long as he feels he needs to to give his team the best chance to win another state title. Matney leaves his in to get them in the best possible shape to go as far as possible in the playoffs. As far as the record goes as long as it doesn't comprimise wins ,I would be upset with Matney if he didn't give JJ every opportunity to break it. He has worked very hard and deserves it. Ask Wales coach if he would allow him to break it. In an earlier interview he said he pulled him in the state championship game lacking 6 yards of 2000 and he would not fall short of anything this season.
I have no problem with Jude rushing for 1000 yards a game against Corky Co. Who cares. The risk for Johnson Central is Jude getting hurt. He should play, but coach needs to make sure of the pulse of the game.If it gets Chipper, you take him out. The guy impressed me last season.

That said, Johnson Central can't afford to sacrifice Jude's health for a record. If some team has a bad sport and he twists Jude's ankle out of frustration, it could ruin any chance Johnson has. There's absolutely nothing wrong with Jude getting 900 yards on 10 carries for 10 TD's in the first half.
Wideleft01 Wrote:I expect Jude to roll up another 1500 yards in the next 4 games against the ducks he plays before Highlands. He may go for another 2000 by then at tonights rate.

i say in 2weeks he wont get all those yards, he wont run on Belfry like last year, he will get his yards but not like last year..
cuppett777 Wrote:i say in 2weeks he wont get all those yards, he wont run on Belfry like last year, he will get his yards but not like last year..

OH NO YOU DIDN'T? :Shaking:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis