Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will win the 4a state title.
I guess we should start talking about the 4A runner up.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Boyle should never be brought up when we're talking teams with a state championship in their future. Boyle will never win another state football title.
They're done.

I've heard that before. You're stinking up the forum with all that arrogance. :blabbermo
hardworktoday Wrote:Isn't that what you said about the cov cath game. Last I remember Johnson cent was within a td in the playoffs last year. Highlands is such a good team it's a shame they have people like you to make them look like punks.you're not 35 points better than any team we've talked about good luck and get real. I guess u think you're 35 points better than trinity as well ? Oh yeah they kicked the crap out of you

If Trinity played Highlands in a real game, it would be 80-0, in favor of Trinity. But that's nor here nor there.
For the record, I have no problem with Highlands fans, except for the arrogant ones. I do think that Highlands is the favorite but if they think they got it locked then they really should think twice. It's more open than they think. Good luck to all teams and hoping for a healthy season.
BoyleCounty Wrote:If Trinity played Highlands in a real game, it would be 80-0, in favor of Trinity. But that's nor here nor there.

Wrong Boylefan. Clutch your Trinity blanket all you want, it's not helping Boyle. As good as Trinity is this year, they wouldn't walk all over Highlands this year or any year. Would they beat Highlands? Some years they would. Likely this year. Can Boyle ever beat Highlands again? Not likely anytime soon.
Nov 14, 2008 1rd playoff game Highlands vs Bryan Station 28 - 22 (W) Highlands had to come back to win it. Maybe one of the best games that nobody saw. So with that said when it comes to the playoff it doesn't matter but winning that one game and moving on...yeah Highlands maybe in front...no way can you count out the others not yet...
Wideleft01 Wrote:Wrong Boylefan. Clutch your Trinity blanket all you want, it's not helping Boyle. As good as Trinity is this year, they wouldn't walk all over Highlands this year or any year. Would they beat Highlands? Some years they would. Likely this year. Can Boyle ever beat Highlands again? Not likely anytime soon.

Go back and look at the all-time record of Highlands vs Boyle. I'm not sure the exact numbers, but i'm pretty sure it's right around .500 Boyle and Highlands are always top tier teams because of their coaching and fan support, this year Highlands just has the better talent.

Back on topic, nobody will stop Highlands this year. Towles will score at will against the LexCath defense, and they will hold the LexCath offense in check for the most part.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Wrong Boylefan. Clutch your Trinity blanket all you want, it's not helping Boyle. As good as Trinity is this year, they wouldn't walk all over Highlands this year or any year. Would they beat Highlands? Some years they would. Likely this year. Can Boyle ever beat Highlands again? Not likely anytime soon.

Wow. You're killing me! Confusednicker:

It wasn't a blanket, it was a simple response to a poster.

Trinity would dominate Highlands this year and next year, by ALOT.

And yes. Boyle County will beat Highlands again, eventually. Keep thinking you're team is invincible pal. You'll be eating crow soon enough.

.....:yawn:
Yes, Trinity would dominate Highlands this season if they played. They have already beaten better teams than the Birds badly this season and there is no reason to think that Highlands would play them any closer.
rockfan11 Wrote:seems like everyone forgot about the cov cath and highlands game. 42-37. its extremely difficult to beat a team twice in one season. last year highlands played ryle twice beat them once and lost to them once. anything can happen

Not so much...

Starting with the 1998 season, Highlands has done pretty well in rematches.
Of eleven rematches, Highlands has gone 2 - 0 in nine, 0 - 2 in one and split one.

98 2 - 0 vs CovCath
99 2 - 0 vs Dixie
00 2 - 0 vs CovCath
01 1 - 1 vs CovCath
02 2 - 0 vs Scott
03 2 - 0 vs Oldham Co
04 2 - 0 vs CovCath
05 No rematches
06 0 - 2 vs CovCath
07 2 - 0 vs CovCath
08 No rematches
09 2 - 0 vs Dixie
10 2 - 0 vs Dixie

Source: http://scoreboard.khsaa.org/scoreboardfb.htm
chance_rollin Wrote:Highlands is an Independent school not a public....school boundaries for a public school are the county lines....Independents are city limits

Independent means INDEPENDENT of the county school system. IT IS STILL A PUBLIC school. There are five independent school districts in Campbel County.

http://www.fortthomas.kyschools.us/admin...spx?aid=30
rustyankle Wrote:well i guess KHSAA might as well give Highlands the TITLE the way everyone talking

Sounds good to me...:Clap:
Blau Vogel Wrote:Not so much...

Of eleven rematches, Highlands has gone 2 - 0 in nine, 0 - 2 in one and split one.

98 2 - 0 vs CovCath
99 2 - 0 vs Dixie
00 2 - 0 vs CovCath
01 1 - 1 vs CovCath
02 2 - 0 vs Scott
03 2 - 0 vs Oldham Co
04 2 - 0 vs CovCath
05 No rematches
06 0 - 2 vs CovCath
07 2 - 0 vs CovCath
08 No rematches
09 2 - 0 vs Dixie
10 2 - 0 vs Dixie

Source: http://scoreboard.khsaa.org/scoreboardfb.htm

You're missing two stats.

2003 0-2 vs. Boyle County
2004 2-0 vs. Boyle County
Many of the Boyle County and Highlands posters are more arrogant than I thought!

Highlands is not unstoppable and Boyle County is not going to beat Highlands this season.

Highlands can be beaten. Will they? Probably not, can they? Yes!

Boyle County is not the Boyle County of the past few years, almost every team goes through it, the rebels will rebound.

Both of these teams will be competitive and great for a long time. I don't know how they do it, but they always field a good team, that wont change.

It is good to see Boyle, Lex Cath, Highlands, Rock, and Cov Cath all very good again. That is the way it should be.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LWC Wrote:Many of the Boyle County and Highlands posters are more arrogant than I thought!

Highlands is not unstoppable and Boyle County is not going to beat Highlands this season.

Boyle County is not the Boyle County of the past few years, almost every team goes through it, the rebels will rebound.

Both of these teams will be competitive and great for a long time. I don't know how they do it, but they always field a good team, that wont change.

It is good to see Boyle, Lex Cath, Highlands, Rock, and Cov Cath all very good again. That is the way it should be.

Very true on all the above IMO. I'm a diehard Rebel but I think we are good this year, better than most but not the same team of the last 3 seasons. I do think what is really missing is a consistent passing game. If Boyle had that, I believe everything else would raise them to the level of contention.

My remaining hope is that we get a chance to play Highlands again because that would mean we have advanced to the semi-finals which is a great place to be.
chance_rollin Wrote:Nov 14, 2008 1rd playoff game Highlands vs Bryan Station 28 - 22 (W) Highlands had to come back to win it. Maybe one of the best games that nobody saw. So with that said when it comes to the playoff it doesn't matter but winning that one game and moving on...yeah Highlands maybe in front...no way can you count out the others not yet...

I saw it. We sat by the Bryan Station parents and they were almost as shocked as we were. Couldn't believe that was a #4 team in their district.:rockon:
Highlands !!!!
rockfan11 Wrote:So many good teams with alot of talent.

Highlands
Lexington Catholic
Boyle County
Covington Catholic
Rockcastle County
Russel County
Johnson Central
Knox Central

Thoughts?....
Anyone who has seen Collins play knows that they...

1.They have arguably the best linebacker in the state!!! (Michael Brooks)
2.They have an outstanding Sophomore RB (Deandre Farris) who can go the distanc
at anytime. Mid-Season Highlight Video
3.They have a legitamite shot to make it to the 4A Title Game
4. ... they start 6 sophomores on offense and defense, so the are only going to get
better.
rockfan11 Wrote:seems like everyone forgot about the cov cath and highlands game. 42-37. its extremely difficult to beat a team twice in one season. last year highlands played ryle twice beat them once and lost to them once. anything can happen

Awesome point. CovCath is a secret santa in 4A this year. They will be the 'Birds biggest road block with LexCath a couple steps behind. If the CovCath Highlands rematch was at CovCath it would be a tripple OT crazy slugfest. The birds will win a little more comfortable at home.

How do the districts match up in the playoffs for 4A? Will Highlands and LexCath's divisions be together for the first rounds?
I think Highlands will take it this year. There are a lot of good teams in 4a that have the potential to win it, but right now I'm taking Highlands. It's going to be very interesting to see how it all plays out. The playoffs will be very exciting to watch this year in 4a.
Somebody in 4A will win it.
Hatz Wrote:You're missing two stats.

2003 0-2 vs. Boyle County
2004 2-0 vs. Boyle County

FIXED

Of thirteen rematches, Highlands has gone 2 - 0 in ten, 0 - 2 in two and split one.

I know this is only one team, but in this case, whichever team won the first game also won the second game 12 of 13 chances.

98 2 - 0 vs CovCath
99 2 - 0 vs Dixie
00 2 - 0 vs CovCath
01 1 - 1 vs CovCath
02 2 - 0 vs Scott
03 2 - 0 vs Oldham Co
03 0 - 2 vs Boyle Co
04 2 - 0 vs CovCath
04 2 - 0 vs Boyle Co
05 No rematches
06 0 - 2 vs CovCath
07 2 - 0 vs CovCath
08 No rematches
09 2 - 0 vs Dixie
10 2 - 0 vs Dixie
trublue_1 Wrote:Anyone who has seen Collins play knows that they...

4. ... they start 6 sophomores on offense and defense, so the are only going to get
better.

No kidding on Brooks. He is the best linebacker I have seen in a while. He has a real knack for the ball and is hardly ever out of position. I just wish Collins would let him be a defensive player only.
trublue_1 Wrote:Anyone who has seen Collins play knows that they...

better.

Collins does have a shot to make it to the 4A Title Game. As you said they have one of the best linebackers in the state in Michael Brooks, who is also a great offensive player. DeAndre Farris is an excellent running back as well. Collins also has a bunch of other weapons on offense and a much improved defense from last year. I'm not sure that Collins will make it to the championship this year, but they do have a chance if they play their best.
LWC Wrote:Many of the Boyle County and Highlands posters are more arrogant than I thought!

How are the Boyle County fans arrogant? I think all the Boyle County fans agreed that Highlands would win it this year. I even said that Lexington Catholic would win it next year. Neither of which has to do with Boyle County.

Everything else, you are right on the money. I just can't wait til playoff time. Hopefully the Boyle County offense will continue to get better.
Blau Vogel Wrote:FIXED

Of thirteen rematches, Highlands has gone 2 - 0 in ten, 0 - 2 in two and split one.

I know this is only one team, but in this case, whichever team won the first game also won the second game 12 of 13 chances.

98 2 - 0 vs CovCath
99 2 - 0 vs Dixie
00 2 - 0 vs CovCath
01 1 - 1 vs CovCath
02 2 - 0 vs Scott
03 2 - 0 vs Oldham Co
03 0 - 2 vs Boyle Co
04 2 - 0 vs CovCath
04 2 - 0 vs Boyle Co
05 No rematches
06 0 - 2 vs CovCath
07 2 - 0 vs CovCath
08 No rematches
09 2 - 0 vs Dixie
10 2 - 0 vs Dixie

These are all one regular season and one post season. There is also the 2010 two regular season split. In 2001, who won the post season and where was it?
Wise one Wrote:These are all one regular season and one post season. There is also the 2010 two regular season split. In 2001, who won the post season and where was it?

IIRC, CovCath won at Highlands when a late Highlands field goal missed. On the play before the kick, the Highlands QB took a sack for a big loss instead of throwing the ball away. I think the kick fell just short.
Nothing I hate more in sports than seeing the CovCath fans storm the field at Highlands.:rage:
Cov. Cath is legit. If Birds don't play flawless, they'll get beat.
Blau Vogel Wrote:FIXED

98 2 - 0 vs CovCath
99 2 - 0 vs Dixie
00 2 - 0 vs CovCath
01 1 - 1 vs CovCath
02 2 - 0 vs Scott
03 2 - 0 vs Oldham Co
03 0 - 2 vs Boyle Co
04 2 - 0 vs CovCath
04 2 - 0 vs Boyle Co
05 No rematches
06 0 - 2 vs CovCath
07 2 - 0 vs CovCath
08 No rematches
09 2 - 0 vs Dixie
10 2 - 0 vs Dixie

I hate to do this because you've already fixed it but I thought of another "2 times in one season" record.

Didn't HHS play Ryle twice last year and maybe also the year before? Problem was that they were both times in the regular season.
Highlands