Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky 14 - Western Kentucky 3
Jon419 Wrote:A 14-3 win when you are a SEC team and you played WKU is NOT a win!

Yes you get the W and the record will say you won but come on!

WKU is one of the 5 worst teams in D1 year in and year out.

I dont understand why Kentucky just flat out refuses to go out and pay for a big time coach, or at least a coach that is somewhat proven.... You cannot expect to compete in the SEC while making hires like Joker, this is the SEC you gotta have the best or you will be at the bottom every single year.

We wont go pay for a big coach because a big coach wont come for a few reasons 1. We are a basketball school. 2. You cant recruit this state ky produces very few d1 players so therefore its more travel time for the coach unlike fla ga alabama which produce players in abundance......3. A big name coach doesnt want to be second to anything and lets face it basketball is first and always will be................these are my opinions
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I can't argue with you here, but like I said, UK was without starting their starting center (Matt Smith), Warford got hurt early in the game, and we are starting a freshman fullback.

No matter what the conference is, D1 football is still D1 football. Kentucky is always in the bottom 3 of the SEC in football, so saying we're going to win because we're from the SEC is irrelevant. We aren't going to intimidate anyone.

You have to win something to gain any respect from fellow SEC schools and the bottom feeders of the division 1 football.

I have no rebuttal to this fantastic point :Clap:
Jon419 Wrote:A 14-3 win when you are a SEC team and you played WKU is NOT a win!

I dont understand why Kentucky just flat out refuses to go out and pay for a big time coach, or at least a coach that is somewhat proven.... You cannot expect to compete in the SEC while making hires like Joker, this is the SEC you gotta have the best or you will be at the bottom every single year.

to make it worse wku has only been in d1 for 2 years i think and they have just won 2 games..................we should have been down 17-0 at 1 point in that game
Newton will be fine. He'll get better as the season goes on.
JOKEr needs to leave
Ahh Boys. Im gonna laugh when Joker has more succes than any other coach in UK history. Kentucky has to have the most impatient fanbase in the world. THIS ISN'T F****** BASKETBALL. You can't recruit five good black kids from the inner city every year and expect to win. No coach would do any better than this at kentucky. There is no talent in this state. We have to get everyone else's leftover's. No other coach would change that. Joker had the best recruiting class iv ever seen at kentucky, and yet you guys find reason to complain. We are not going to win the sec not now not in this day and age. And Im still waiting for someone to give me a reason charlie strong would be better. Because he is a amazing coach according to you guys. Western played as hard as they could in this game they made two big mistakes but you take away mistakes and we win this game at least 35-14. We aren't florida guys. we have to accept that and realise this will take many more years of building.
It's gonna be a long season!
MVP2 Wrote:Joker isnt going anywhere.
Yeah, Joker will get a fair chance before they get rid of him.

Agreed.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Ahh Boys. Im gonna laugh when Joker has more succes than any other coach in UK history. Kentucky has to have the most impatient fanbase in the world. THIS ISN'T F****** BASKETBALL. You can't recruit five good black kids from the inner city every year and expect to win. No coach would do any better than this at kentucky. There is no talent in this state. We have to get everyone else's leftover's. No other coach would change that. Joker had the best recruiting class iv ever seen at kentucky, and yet you guys find reason to complain. We are not going to win the sec not now not in this day and age. And Im still waiting for someone to give me a reason charlie strong would be better. Because he is a amazing coach according to you guys. Western played as hard as they could in this game they made two big mistakes but you take away mistakes and we win this game at least 35-14. We aren't florida guys. we have to accept that and realise this will take many more years of building.

Good Post.
Westside Wrote:Jarons, I think our Colonels could have should up in Nashville last night and beat both teams. I'm glad UK won though. There's nothing worse than a Hilltopper.

Yeah, suuuuurrrrre.

Anyway, this is one game, the first of the season and everyone is sloppy. You people are talking like it's the end of the football program when we won, no matter how shitty! At least we didn't lose! Newton is not the worst player on earth, he and the other new guys WILL get better.

We have to have faith in our boys, because the enemy sure as hell isn't.
Im regretting these season tickets.....
IDK what to think anymore. As most of you know ive never been a fan of Joker, but i dont understand why the guy is so high on Newton. He looked WORSE than he did last year, not better.
Im still trying to figure out why Moss wasnt chosen instead of Newton. We should have made a RB out of Newton.
It's gonna be a LONG year. 4-8 at best.
Joker will get his fair shot. Newton had some really bad first game Jitters going and seems like they just couldnt get a rythm going. I'd love to see the team get a good rythm together and see what they could do.
Going to be a LONG season.
Well Auburn Is struggling against Utah State so I guess they need to scrub the program?
MVP2 Wrote:Newton will be fine. He'll get better as the season goes on.

Can not get much worse, so that he has going for him.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Don't be too surprised if WKU doesn't go 6-6 or better with 3 of the losses to UK, Navy, and LSU.

WKU does have a decent defense and they have a very good RB.

They will give Navy a great game and I have them winning 5 in the conference.

Here's thinking very positive: Maybe UK's defense is just dag-gum good and maybe WKU's defense is just as good.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Im regretting these season tickets.....
IDK what to think anymore. As most of you know ive never been a fan of Joker, but i dont understand why the guy is so high on Newton. He looked WORSE than he did last year, not better.
Im still trying to figure out why Moss wasnt chosen instead of Newton. We should have made a RB out of Newton.
It's gonna be a LONG year. 4-8 at best.

IF you decide to get rid of some of those tickets you let me know.
JarrBill525 Wrote:Don't be too surprised if WKU doesn't go 6-6 or better with 3 of the losses to UK, Navy, and LSU.

Here's thinking very positive: Maybe UK's defense is just dag-gum good and maybe WKU's defense is just as good.

How dare you bring logic into this.
JarrBill525 Wrote:Don't be too surprised if WKU doesn't go 6-6 or better with 3 of the losses to UK, Navy, and LSU.

If our defense is indeed just as good as a team in the Sun Belt conference, then we are definitely not going to win a single game in the SEC.
Our D is better than any D in the Sun-Belt.
People keep saying that UK needs to ante up for a big time coach. Like a few have said, it just isn't that easy. The reason we hired Brooks a few years ago was more do to the fact that no one wanted to come here than we really wanted him. If it was just about money, then we would have a big name coach. Money is not the answer to this question!!
64cat Wrote:People keep saying that UK needs to ante up for a big time coach. Like a few have said, it just isn't that easy. The reason we hired Brooks a few years ago was more do to the fact that no one wanted to come here than we really wanted him. If it was just about money, then we would have a big name coach. Money is not the answer to this question!!

Once more there is no SEC level talent in this stat eso it is just more work on a coach to try and bring it in. That Is why we will never have a big name coach. People can't realise that simple fact though. If it was a question of money all UK would have to do is call up the boosters end of story. We will be fine this year, and WKU is going to be alot better than people on here think.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Once more there is no SEC level talent in this stat eso it is just more work on a coach to try and bring it in. That Is why we will never have a big name coach. People can't realise that simple fact though. If it was a question of money all UK would have to do is call up the boosters end of story. We will be fine this year, and WKU is going to be alot better than people on here think.

Agreed!