•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike Central 2011
If the kids live in Pike County I don't see what the problem is. If the KHSAA is going to take the time to do an investigation then they"ll get it right. If it's right it's right. You can't argue with that. Thats why we have the KHSAA. If you don't like the system then work to change it. But don't go to someones thread and try to bash'em. That will get you nowhere. Good luck to the Hawks.
It be nice to get this back to football. The situation is over so drop it and let's talk about how the Hawks will do this coming season.
Sometimes people luck out.
this is in regards to COMMON SENSE's comment... I know your trying to sound intelligent..not really working for ya!! did ya stay up all night to come up with a witty comment.. you can dish out dirt,,do ya know anything about football?..you sound more like a gossipier than a football fan.....NEWS FLASH..boys ruled elligible..over with..get over it...leave the boys and their parents alone...expect Chapman to take the Hawks in higher flight..looking for a great season
loyalhawkfan Wrote:this is in regards to COMMON SENSE's comment... I know your trying to sound intelligent..not really working for ya!! did ya stay up all night to come up with a witty comment.. you can dish out dirt,,do ya know anything about football?..you sound more like a gossipier than a football fan.....NEWS FLASH..boys ruled elligible..over with..get over it...leave the boys and their parents alone...expect Chapman to take the Hawks in higher flight..looking for a great season

Man just let them go people are going to run their mouth. Our payback will come on the field when the Hawks are winning ball games.
common sense Wrote:Did the Khsaa drive down the Mountain Parkway early enough to pick-up any of Pike Central's students on their way down? I mean if you're going to condon it, you might as well participate in it.

Preach it brother! No, I think they traveled 119 through Mingo County but didn't see anyone out. Must have been too early. Why are you complaining. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
Why is everybody worried about Pike Central ? I was told they are no good. With all of this talk somebody sounds worried lol . But I guess I would be also, they do have last years state leading passer. They also have one big linemen from Ironton, OH, who squats almost 600. They did get 2 transfers from Shelby Valley, one has been approved, the other they are saying there is like a 90% chance he will be approved. One of those had 2500 rushing yards last year. So I dont see why everyone is so worried about Pike Central..lol
FWIW,
I am fairly certain "common sense" is not a Belfry fan.
hawkeye Wrote:Why is everybody worried about Pike Central ? I was told they are no good. With all of this talk somebody sounds worried lol . But I guess I would be also, they do have last years state leading passer. They also have one big linemen from Ironton, OH, who squats almost 600. They did get 2 transfers from Shelby Valley, one has been approved, the other they are saying there is like a 90% chance he will be approved. One of those had 2500 rushing yards last year. So I dont see why everyone is so worried about Pike Central..lol

I know a school that has over 3 guys squatting over 600. I mean around 650+

Good luck PC on your upcoming season. I personally can't for football time to roll around!
Football Fans get ready, this season will be exciting, it will be a war and you better be ready. With the realignment of districts and regional playoffs. District 7 will be the best district in 3A from top to bottom,anyone could win this district and anyone team could beat the other on a given night. Should be an exciting season.
Mr Mountain Man Wrote:Football Fans get ready, this season will be exciting, it will be a war and you better be ready. With the realignment of districts and regional playoffs. District 7 will be the best district in 3A from top to bottom,anyone could win this district and anyone team could beat the other on a given night. Should be an exciting season.

No it wont. Everyone outside of Buckley's Creek knows how it will go down. If I may...

1.Belfry/LC/SC
4/5 PCC/ER
Real Badman Wrote:No it wont. Everyone outside of Buckley's Creek knows how it will go down. If I may...

1.Belfry/LC/SC
4/5 PCC/ER

Do they? Big assumption. When you're at the top the only way you can go is down. I guess time will tell, all Friday nights are not the same. Anything can happen. If I may.....LOL.
If I may how many games did belfry win on the road last season. Home cooking is nice.
Real Badman Wrote:No it wont. Everyone outside of Buckley's Creek knows how it will go down. If I may...

1.Belfry/LC/SC
4/5 PCC/ER

I would say that Pike Central will do better then 4 or 5. SC will be in the bottom if they can gett by ER.:please:
hawkeye Wrote:I would say that Pike Central will do better then 4 or 5. SC will be in the bottom if they can gett by ER.:please:

:lmao: just wondering how u figure sc at the bottom :dontthink
hawkeye Wrote:I would say that Pike Central will do better then 4 or 5. SC will be in the bottom if they can gett by ER.:please:

IMO, I think Sheldon Clark will do a little better than fourth or fifth. Granted they lost a large group of players last year; however, they are returning some talented ones in 2011, and admittedly, they need do develop a good line so as to be competitive.

Maybe I'm an optimist but I think they will surprise a few people in 2011. As we know, anything can happen on a given evening in HS football.

So, I guess we'll have to wait and see how it shakes out in this extremely tough district.
Hey how about you all drop the bullshit and let it go. No one wants to hear about the mountain parkway anymore or stupid stuff you all come up. Seriously if you all worried about your team as much as you do what's going on up Buckley's Creek then you'd be number 1 fans. Just talk football damn
Well,

PCC should be MUCH IMPROVED with the addition of the Smith kid from Shelby Valley. That kid (from what I saw on youtube highlights reels) looks to be a very good tailback!

I was very impressed with Boggs last season and I fully expect PCC to be fighting for a state championship. As EKU alluded to, it will come down to weather or not PCC has the studs on the LOS. Of course, Lawrence Co. and Sheldon Clark will field good talent and well coached teams.

Belfry has a tremendous amount of talent returning from a state runner up squad, but also has to fill some holes on the LOS.

The games will be won in the trenches folks. Almost always comes down to that.

I for one, as only a fan, not a parent of a kid or what have you, am fine with whatever the KHSAA decides. Let the kids play IMO. Settle it on the field.

Looking forward to a great year in District 8. I honestly think 1,2,3 seeds will advance with the 4 seed having a legitimate chance against Mason Co.
PaytoPlay Wrote:Well,

PCC should be MUCH IMPROVED with the addition of the Smith kid from Shelby Valley. That kid (from what I saw on youtube highlights reels) looks to be a very good tailback!

I was very impressed with Boggs last season and I fully expect PCC to be fighting for a state championship. As EKU alluded to, it will come down to weather or not PCC has the studs on the LOS. Of course, Lawrence Co. and Sheldon Clark will field good talent and well coached teams.

Belfry has a tremendous amount of talent returning from a state runner up squad, but also has to fill some holes on the LOS.

The games will be won in the trenches folks. Almost always comes down to that.

I for one, as only a fan, not a parent of a kid or what have you, am fine with whatever the KHSAA decides. Let the kids play IMO. Settle it on the field.

Looking forward to a great year in District 8. I honestly think 1,2,3 seeds will advance with the 4 seed having a legitimate chance against Mason Co.

I know nothing about the PCC case to the KHSAA, what I do know is that I would not trust in their investigation on any matter . IMO they are the HS NCAA
Anyone know what the deal is with Tim Smith? Last years roster for SV had him listed as a senior. Whats up with that? If he plays at PCC wow what an addition. This kid is a bullett & very elusive. With a RB like him & the passing game PCC had last year.... look out.
Shelby Valley lists him as a senior,but doesn't show if he played the 2009 season. Who did he play for before he played at SV,if he played?
Mr Mountain Man Wrote:If I may how many games did belfry win on the road last season. Home cooking is nice.

The games Belfry lost were to 5A schools. I do believe Belfry won at Mason Co.(away) to advance towards the state tournament. Yes, they got beat but being class 3A state runner-up is NOTHING to complain about.
long_time_pirate Wrote:The games Belfry lost were to 5A schools. I do believe Belfry won at Mason Co.(away) to advance towards the state tournament. Yes, they got beat but being class 3A state runner-up is NOTHING to complain about.

THEY LOST TWO 3A GAMES ONCE TO SCHS AND THEN TO LOUISVILLE CENTRAL.
JUST CLARIFYING :Thumbs:
They a did lose home game to a 2A school Pburg. That Pike CEntral beat at pburg home. This here is about Pike Central not Belfry are Schs. How about them Hawks.
[quote=loyalhawkfan]this is in regards to COMMON SENSE's comment... I know your trying to sound intelligent..not really working for ya!! did ya stay up all night to come up with a witty comment.. you can dish out dirt,,do ya know anything about football?..you sound more like a gossipier than a football fan.....NEWS FLASH..boys ruled elligible..over with..get over it...leave the boys and their parents alone...expect Chapman to take the Hawks in higher flight..looking for a great season[/QUOT

No actually I have a quick grasp of the obvious. I don't know want knowledge of the game has to do with questioning the motives of large #s of students suddenly transferring to a less than stellar football program with average facilities and an unproven head coach. However, I did play for 8yrs, coached 4, and took a coaching of the game(football) class in college.
common sense Wrote:[quote=loyalhawkfan]this is in regards to COMMON SENSE's comment... I know your trying to sound intelligent..not really working for ya!! did ya stay up all night to come up with a witty comment.. you can dish out dirt,,do ya know anything about football?..you sound more like a gossipier than a football fan.....NEWS FLASH..boys ruled elligible..over with..get over it...leave the boys and their parents alone...expect Chapman to take the Hawks in higher flight..looking for a great season[/QUOT

No actually I have a quick grasp of the obvious. I don't know want knowledge of the game has to do with questioning the motives of large #s of students suddenly transferring to a less than stellar football program with average facilities and an unproven head coach. However, I did play for 8yrs, coached 4, and took a coaching of the game(football) class in college.

wow those are some pretty harsh words, considering Central is a program that is currently on the rise and IMO their facilities are not bad at all. While they may not compare to that of CAM. In no way are they poor. IMO Chapman has proven quite a bit while at Pike Central. Took a program that essentially had nothing and in one year molded them into a district/regional contender. In addition they had NEVER won a playoff game. Not only that but his record before head coaching speaks for its self. In addition many players from Breathitt have been on record telling me he did more coaching and was more respected by them than Holcomb.

Also that must have been one hell of a hard class. Really? Coaching the game (football) 101, I am amazed. :please:
Just wondering you dont have to answer but what school do you support?
William Boggs Wrote:I do have it in writing.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

I,m glad (really am) that PHS will be a state champion type of team,This only makes friday nights that much better.It already gives me something to look forward to when we(Belfry)play you guys.But, tell me this? Does PHS have a good feeder program now and what do you expect out of your Hawks next year after Boggs and company leaves.Not arguing-just wondering:thanks:
Get Ready Wrote:I,m glad (really am) that PHS will be a state champion type of team,This only makes friday nights that much better.It already gives me something to look forward to when we(Belfry)play you guys.But, tell me this? Does PHS have a good feeder program now and what do you expect out of your Hawks next year after Boggs and company leaves.Not arguing-just wondering:thanks:

I'm not sure about PHS but PCCHS is looking pretty good for next year. :lmao:
Get Ready Wrote:I,m glad (really am) that PHS will be a state champion type of team,This only makes friday nights that much better.It already gives me something to look forward to when we(Belfry)play you guys.But, tell me this? Does PHS have a good feeder program now and what do you expect out of your Hawks next year after Boggs and company leaves.Not arguing-just wondering:thanks:
Was unaware that Pike Central has switched to a single A independent school and had changed from the Hawks to the Panthers. But I guess were supposed to follow Coach Mac where he goes, once a Hawk always a Hawk? To answer your question though, the feeder program has really grew since Chapman has came in and the consolidation of programs w/ Mullins and Johns Creek now sporting the Central across their chest. While once and Boggs leaves their could be a slight drop off I think the program will continue to improve. They now have a grade school league that goes into the 3rd grade if im not mistaking. Thanks to the current leadership at all schools their has been an emphasize placed on all sports. i.E the "Central" middle school team just won the county championship in baseball. Winning by a pretty large margin. Future is bright for all sports up on the hill.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next