Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bill: No smoking if kids in car
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I said myself it would be very difficult to enforce. But i like the idea.

I like the idea of Government getting their hands out of things they have no business with
What it boils down to is the Government trying to have a say with EVERYTHING!

I do agree that you should NOT smoke in a car with a child in the back....but ****...do we really need the federal government coming in and preventing it?

What's next....are they going to regulate how many double cheesburgers you can feed your kid in one week?

There are some on here that would be okay with the government coming in and taking your chlid if he/she is overweight.
goscots56 Wrote:What it boils down to is the Government trying to have a say with EVERYTHING!

I do agree that you should NOT smoke in a car with a child in the back....but ****...do we really need the federal government coming in and preventing it?

What's next....are they going to regulate how many double cheesburgers you can feed your kid in one week?

There are some on here that would be okay with the government coming in and taking your chlid if he/she is overweight.
It's coming next. Already has started on the West Coast
goscots56 Wrote:What it boils down to is the Government trying to have a say with EVERYTHING!

It's only a portion of the Government that does, and the should be "Left-Wing" in the Nations Capital building!
Stardust Wrote:It's only a portion of the Government that does, and the should be "Left-Wing" in the Nations Capital building!

Id blame the Democrats To, Although im pretty sure this law was passed in similar cases all about the country in 2007.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Id blame the Democrats To, Although im pretty sure this law was passed in similar cases all about the country in 2007.

What am I missing, what was going on in 2007?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Id blame the Democrats To, Although im pretty sure this law was passed in similar cases all about the country in 2007.

Yeah and in those democratic strongholds like Texas and Arkansas. You can bet that if the Ky General Assembly is considering something, then someone else (maybe everyone else) has already been there.
BillyB Wrote:Yeah and in those democratic strongholds like Texas and Arkansas. You can bet that if the Ky General Assembly is considering something, then someone else (maybe everyone else) has already been there.

Don't forget Louisiana, Puerto Rico, Bangor,and Rockland County, N.Y.

I don't see why u guys are so opposed to keep people from harming their children.
Stardust Wrote:What am I missing, what was going on in 2007?

The first Smoking in car laws was passed,

This bill is being presented by a Republican am i not correct?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Don't forget Louisiana, Puerto Rico, Bangor,and Rockland County, N.Y.

I don't see why u guys are so opposed to keep people from harming their children.

OK, I can understand why you are in favor, but if a parent is dumb enough to smoke in the car with their child, then that is probably the LEAST of the bad things that that parent is subjecting that child to! Pix problems, don't put band-aids over them. This is a law that is not saving children's lives. Throw all of the statistics out the window, this will do NOTHING to save a life due to 2nd hand smoke. The smoke to the child is not the problem, it's the parent! Keeping a cigarette out of the parents hands in the car does not keep at cigarette away from the child! As I said, let's not add band-aid laws! If you want to save people from 2nd hand smoke, then outlaw smoking altogether, ;et's see how far lawmakers would get with that attempt!
Wildcatk23 Wrote:The first Smoking in car laws was passed,

This bill is being presented by a Republican am i not correct?

Nope, Greg Stumbo - Democrat from Prestonburg.
Stardust Wrote:Nope, Greg Stumbo - Democrat from Prestonburg.

MY bad, i got the Smoking and the Food Stamp Law bill makers confused, sorry
I love it.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:MY bad, i got the Smoking and the Food Stamp Law bill makers confused, sorry

I think you have spent too much time around too much 2nd hand "Donkey" bile that spews from the land of "Liberal" and can affect those who hang out too close to the "Left-Wing"!TongueirateSho
Stardust Wrote:I think you have spent too much time around too much 2nd hand "Donkey" bile that spews from the land of "Liberal" and can affect those who hang out too close to the "Left-Wing"!TongueirateSho

Or i have gotten use to hearing the same old Right winged stories since bush destroyed the country. But then again i could have just posted in the wrong thread Smile
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Or i have gotten use to hearing the same old Right winged stories since bush destroyed the country. But then again i could have just posted in the wrong thread Smile
I looked for your "thank you" button, but I can't seem to find it.
^ Oh, so now I know where the land of "Donkey" bile comes from! Smile
Stardust Wrote:^ Oh, so now I know where the land of "Donkey" bile comes from! Smile

Right next to Dust and Hoots full of "liars and war starter" land. Which is beside the weapons of mass destruction :argue:
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Right next to Dust and Hoots full of "liars and war starter" land. Which is beside the weapons of mass destruction :argue:
let's not even go down the WMD path since both sides of the isle was in on that

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
-- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I agree with everything that you said but somebody would have to be an absolute moron to commit perjury to avoid paying a small fine for texting. It is possible to prove which phone you were using at the time your were pulled over. Not cost effective for the state but it is definitely possible and I would not want to take a chance on becoming their example by lying under oath.

Agreed and i understand what youre saying.
They could get the ping off the towers to see. But i dont see a judge in district court ordering that to be done.
Id say it will have a lot to do with where you live.

That one may not actually be a bad idea lol
Our government can't balance a budget, regulate the mortgage industry, or improve the job sector, but they sure as **** can spend our $$$ and time telling us what we can and can not do.