•  Previous
  • 24(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central Gets a BIG Transfer?
wood_chuck Wrote:Jaysean will get eligible and the last person I know to be ruled ineligible then appealed and became eligible was Corey Martin at PCC. KHSAA has ruled Jaysean ineligible without hearing anything from Perry Central's side. After the appeal, which is when PCC will get to have their lawyer talk who has I think won an appeal 7 out of the 8 times he's been involved in one, Jaysean will be eligible

^not trying to rain on your parade or nothing. But if ny shows he wasn't eligible to participate in athletics at the end of last year an no summer school was attened to help his acedemics then theres hardly a chance for him being ruled eligible. Martins grades were you up to par. Housing can be arranged someones transcript cant be tampered with.
KHSAA12 Wrote:^not trying to rain on your parade or nothing. But if ny shows he wasn't eligible to participate in athletics at the end of last year an no summer school was attened to help his acedemics then theres hardly a chance for him being ruled eligible. Martins grades were you up to par. Housing can be arranged someones transcript cant be tampered with.

what if his grades where up this semester? could they rule him out this semester and him be eligible next semester?
^not for sure. It would seem possible if he was going to able to graduate and also if not ruled permantly ineligible by then if appealed. if I was jaysean id keep my nose in a book this semester and hope for the best.
Yes Cordia did get 3 players eligible but they went to school and kept there GPA up. They was eligible to play in Texas, this boy was not eligible in New York. Even with a legitiment move, it's near impossible to become eligible when you wasn't even eligible to play in your home state. Two different situations with PCC and Cordia
Has anyone actually confirmed that he is ineligible because of his status in NY?

Or are we just taking my word for it?
lol
Just got on and saw this, this is terrible for this young man. I wish him well in his appeal.

PCC fans, don't worry you guys are still on the mountain top without the guy.
I bet he is still practicing with PCC. When he does get ruled eligible he will already know the 400 walk-it-up plays Hatcher calls in a game.
zaga_fan Wrote:Has anyone actually confirmed that he is ineligible because of his status in NY?

Or are we just taking my word for it?
lol

Derek Forrest posted it on facebook and twitter. Also, there is this article.

http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/jaysea...-kentucky/
thats not even right! cordia gets 3 or 4 players elgible but perry cant get one!
ole_blue_sack_15 Wrote:thats not even right! cordia gets 3 or 4 players elgible but perry cant get one!

Perry has plenty of times in the past, as a matter of fact several players in the past. This was because of the kid being ineligible in his own state before he even tried getting in at Logan.

I hope the appeal works out.
Jaysean was not ineligible to play in NYS. Don't know where that came from. He was on the path to graduate.

No idea why he was ruled ineligible. Don't know if grades have anything to do with it but I thought he was being taken care of in Perry. Could be something to do with the actual "transfer"?

I sincerely hope he gets to play.......anywhere. He is very talented.
^
Just is what many of us were told.
Grades?
Jaysean had some grade issues in NY.

After I talked to a few coaches around the 14th they all didn't seem to be to worried about Jaysean getting eligible. When someone like that tries to transfer into the region everyone starts digging up dirt. I think a few coaches already knew that Perry was going to have a problem getting him eligible. I know theres a lot of Perry people on here but the rules are the rules.... Yes I am a Hazard guy but I do know Jaysean personally and he's a very good basketball player and for right now this is good news for the rest of the region. You never know what can happen tho, Jaysean still might get to play for Perry.
Perry is going to try going again November 1...IMO Jaysean will miss a game or two then be right in with the 14th.
kryptonite Wrote:I bet he is still practicing with PCC. When he does get ruled eligible he will already know the 400 walk-it-up plays Hatcher calls in a game.

I bet he isn't.
And Hatch's offense is better than anything you could come up with.
zaga_fan Wrote:I bet he isn't.

:Thumbs:

I agree. I don't like his offense because it is boring basketball, but it wins ball games.
kryptonite Wrote:I bet he is still practicing with PCC. When he does get ruled eligible he will already know the 400 walk-it-up plays Hatcher calls in a game.

WALL2WALL Wrote:Derek Forrest posted it on facebook and twitter. Also, there is this article.

http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/jaysea...-kentucky/

We know he is ineligible....
I'm asking if we know for sure why.
Irish said he was eligible in NY.
zaga_fan Wrote:We know he is ineligible....
I'm asking if we know for sure why.
Irish said he was eligible in NY.

IDK, I was going by what he was saying. If ya find out why let us know zaga.
Someone told me he was just ruled Ineligible..Any info?

I would BET he is....and zaga don't get your panties in a bunch when someone comments on Hatcher's style.
With no one knowing for sure if it was Jayseans grades being the reason for his ruling id say with an appeal Jaysean will get eligible IF its was due to the move, but if it is for sure his grades then Jaysean won't play a game here in ky. If anyone has word if it was due to grades or move let us know because that about give you your answer.
^IMO it doesn't matter.
Only one ruling matters and that's the KHSAA's.
So really you can spout out how he won't be eligible or will be eligible all you want, but the only ruling or opinions that matters is the KHSAA's.

Irish supposedly knows a lot more than people think about Jaysean. He says he had the grades to back it up before he left I believe? Either way - These things take time.
kryptonite Wrote:I would BET he is....and zaga don't get your panties in a bunch when someone comments on Hatcher's style.

I just don't see how it's so offensive to people that Hatcher has played slowball the past few years.
I guess everyone is raw because they've had to sit and stare while Perry dribbles with the lead.
Ballers Wrote:^IMO it doesn't matter.
Only one ruling matters and that's the KHSAA's.
So really you can spout out how he won't be eligible or will be eligible all you want, but the only ruling or opinions that matters is the KHSAA's.

Irish supposedly knows a lot more than people think about Jaysean. He says he had the grades to back it up before he left I believe? Either way - These things take time.
s
He's just saying that ineligibility due to a move is very easy to overturn...
Especially considering his parents live and work here.
But if he is ineligible in NY the chances of eligibility are slim.
zaga_fan Wrote:I just don't see how it's so offensive to people that Hatcher has played slowball the past few years.
I guess everyone is raw because they've had to sit and stare while Perry dribbles with the lead.

Confusedinglepar
:yes:
If it's Grades he can do a recovery for each one that's say an "F" and bring it up to a "D"...No Big Deal. Shouldn't take him no more than 2 weeks to get this done and more than likely counselor and Hatcher have already seen that this has been done. I'd say that his GPA has improved & if he's been going to class & doing his work, he should be fine. More than likely there's something else & it's "Politically Motivated". That's just My Opinion & Opinions are like AzzHoles...Everybody's Got 1. I agree it's not Fair to this Young Man especially with Everything Cordia has pulled this year, even Knott; then you have everything Hazard & Breathitt have done in the Past along with EVERYBODY else who do it EVERY YEAR & yet get by with Year after Year? :please: KHSAA CHOOSE Who they want to let fly under the radar ALWAYS. Considering how far this young man & his family have moved, I certainly hope he wins his appeal!!
zaga_fan Wrote:I just don't see how it's so offensive to people that Hatcher has played slowball the past few years.

Like I said earlier he wins games, and nobody can say he don't. The man has proven that his still puts him in games that he shouldn't be and helps him win game he shouldn't win. Like when they beat Shelby Valley, a MUCH BETTER team than the commodores but Hatcher's style is what won them that game. But when you score like 4 points in 1 quarter that is BORING basketball. I would honestly rather watch paint dry.
zaga_fan Wrote:s
He's just saying that ineligibility due to a move is very easy to overturn...
Especially considering his parents live and work here.
But if he is ineligible in NY the chances of eligibility are slim.

I hope those rumors of his ineligibility in NY are wrong. I would really like to see the kid play.
  •  Previous
  • 24(current)
  • Next