Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 75 Magoffin Co 72
You just had to be there UKgirl to understand how poorly officiated it was. The ten point lead should have been kept but when you have refs missing calls the gives the possession back to Paintsville, momentum shifts FAST. And that was the case tonight.

The Hornets however will only continue to improve and we could be seeing this team playing for a district title if they continue to progress. Paintsville will also continue to get better I think and proved tonight how smooth they can be offensively when they play as a TEAM.
Speaking of momentum, I gotta give the kid credit for his efforts tonight, BUT Wes Helton should have just made the layup INSTEAD of trying to dunk the ball which he missed, Magoffin had a good run going and he got on a breakaway and tried to dunk it which woulda put Magoffin up two more points, but instead it ended up in being a loose ball foul on Magoffin after the miss.
Not so. It was a loose ball that went out of bounds on Paintsville - Magoffin's ball under their own basket. Wes Helton got the inbounds pass and made the basket. No harm done by the missed dunk.

I don't blame him at all for trying to dunk it. How many kids want to dunk the ball in a high stakes game - or any game for that matter. I would have thought he wimped out if he didn't try to slam it home. Besides, he was absolutely dominating the whole game. Why not go for it?

By the way PC U KNOW 98, you've shown great class in your posts in this thread!
PC and I talked during and after the game and we both agree that Magoffin deserved this game. Not because of the refs, but because they played harder.

Paintsville just is not a very smart team right now. If they would protect the basketball, take better shots, and play better team ball, they would be 15 points better.

BMR has a problem on this team that needs to be taken care of. But remember, BMR had a similar problem before. That team settled the problem and won a state championship. Granted, that team had mega talent and 2 SENIORS to help BMR take care of the problem. This team doesn't have that kind of talent and has NO leadership whatsoever.

There is plenty of time for the Tigers to turn their season around. Just making it to the Sweet 16 will make it a GREAT year for the Tigers. They need to win the All A region first. If they can just improve a little every game, they can make it to the Sweet 16.
This game was taken from Magoffin.
Anyone know the standings in the 57th as of right now
All I can say is this should be a very interesting district tourny.....
Good play for the Hornets 1-3 quarter.... Few bad breaks and you all would have had a good win finish that out.. Good game Helton throw that down with 2 hands....
The 57th is still wide open. I may try and make it home for the district. Should be some great games. Where is it being played this year?
"JMac" Wrote:The 57th is still wide open. I may try and make it home for the district. Should be some great games. Where is it being played this year?

Johnson Central
Quote: Orginally posted by ISONALATIOR
Maybe West did deserve a T but i dont blame him one bit for his actions. P-ville was getting the calls tonight. It was bad both ways but late it was Magoffin who was getting the bad end of it.

I agree with you 110% its hard to play an 8 on 5 ball game.....!!!
as i said that last call was a charge cause he lowered his shoulder so u cant blame the refs i mean bad calls both ways but thats how they have baan wll year
as i said that last call was a charge cause he lowered his shoulder so u cant blame the refs i mean bad calls both ways but thats how they have been all year
"FATMAN" Wrote:as i said that last call was a charge cause he lowered his shoulder so u cant blame the refs i mean bad calls both ways but thats how they have been all year

Yea he lowerd his shoulder because get got rode like a pony the whole way down the court by 2 paintsville defenders, then when the charge was called the p-ville defender in front of eric arnett was not even set i mean he was still running at eric... I dont know i dont get paid to ref... but that was a bad call and I dont care where your from.
Kevin Williams has progressivaly gotten worse as his career has continued. I mean with his relentless fouling and technicals......he needs to loosen up. But he sucks!! I mean he doesn't even rebound anymore.
"FATMAN" Wrote:as i said that last call was a charge cause he lowered his shoulder so u cant blame the refs i mean bad calls both ways but thats how they have baan wll year

Jsut finished watching the play on tape. It was a block! Arnett should have been shooting 2 free throws.
"Waterbug5" Wrote:Kevin Williams has progressivaly gotten worse as his career has continued. I mean with his relentless fouling and technicals......he needs to loosen up. But he sucks!! I mean he doesn't even rebound anymore.

There's no call for that Waterbug, maybe he has gotten worse, maybe he is just that aggressive causing relentless fouls. BUT to come on here in a public forum and say that he SUCKS is uncalled for.
Magoffin let a 2 min span defeat them but Walker and Duff I thought were supposed to be the top officials but after seeing them this season they suck. It wasnt just the bad calls it was when they called them. They were momentum breakers for Magoffin. Granted Helton had a great game, that makes 2 this yr both against Paintsville, both loses. 6' 5" centers should finish with a layup and not a missed jam and not be doing behind the back passes.Magoffin can be a great team. Solution= Team ball, Blue collar ball, Examples- Pt guards that set offense and are not worried about scoring, Shooting guards that make the extra pass when they are not hitting, Centers and power forwards that realize that sometimes the ball has to be kicked back to the wing if they are doubled. Lets not showboat lets win some games. The refs wouldnt give Nehi a technical because they had already laid the screws to Magoffin. Come on Hornet players. Get down and dirty play good old hard nosed smashmouth TEAM ball and lets go to Rupp as a participant and not a spectator. Lets quit *****ing and get the job done. PS Our fans are the best I have seen in 3 yrs. :ref2: :redboxer: :Angry07:
Mike Walker and Todd Duff are pieces of dirt i can see why the fan ran out of the stands in Prestonsburg and hit him. To be so obviously making such bad calls is an insult to the players and fans.I hope Nehi sends a copy of this game to the KHSAA.It is pathetic that these 2 men and i use that term loosely do what they did.They are so scared of Bill Mike Runyon he can just stare at these 2 and the other team automattically has a turnover or a foul unbelievable but Paintsville won and congrats
nice when, it was a close one though
Good win for the Tigers
Someone has got to start stepping up for the tigers and be a leader.
Very nice win Tigers! Great effort Maggofin Co.!!

Why are so many singling the last call as the deal breaker???
From were I was(front and center) I could not tell if it was bad or good. I guess all of you all were sitting right there where the girls basketball players and moms were sitting.
I thought the calls(the bad ones)were evenly distributed. I heard many MC fans complain on every call that went against the Hornets, many, many were legit! But you still complained. Has anyone said here yet, that MC should have been charged with an intentional foul when they didn't want time to run off the clock and the MC player just runs up and INTENTIONALLY fouls Williams who was just standing there??? Why not praise your teams effort, congratulat the other team!! Complaining about the final call is futile.
What about the way that JV game was called??? Did it make some of you all think you were gonna get the same treatment in the Varsity game?
congrats tigers
"Waterbug5" Wrote:Kevin Williams has progressivaly gotten worse as his career has continued. I mean with his relentless fouling and technicals......he needs to loosen up. But he sucks!! I mean he doesn't even rebound anymore.
Kevin might foul a lot but I've never seen him play dirty.

Helton IS a dirty player. Elbows and pushing. I don't know how he gets away with it.
"sportwhiz" Wrote:Kevin might foul a lot but I've never seen him play dirty.

Helton IS a dirty player. Elbows and pushing. I don't know how he gets away with it.

A coach I once had would tell my team befor ball games, do what you can untill you get caught then ease up... If the refs aren't gonna call it then do it. Every player will cheap shot every now and then it's a part of the sport.
Yeah Guru I was setting right with the girls and seen every bit of the last call, and it definetley was a block, he wasnt even set to take a charge, and yeah when we complain about that being the ball game it probablywould have been because we would have gotten 2 free throw attempts and eric is one of our best free throw shooters so yeah it could have made an difference in the ball game.....!!!
It was a charge, just get over it. The Magoffin player lowered his shoulder so it doesn't matter if the defender was still moving. That's the same as a gaurd pushing off with the elbow while dribbling down the floor. We can't change the call, we have heard about it in almost every post now, the fact of the matter is Magoffin blew a 10 point lead when Paintsville started pressing.
If "if's and but's" were "candy and nuts" we'd all have a merry christmas... sheesh... Let it go. MC blew a 10 point lead and let Paintsville back in it.
I am just saying that players usually gets better as their career goes on. He isnt a dirty player but Kevin Williams fouls too much. That is all he does and on the offensive end he just stands there and doesn't even look at the goal when he gets the ball. he just looks to pass as soon as he gets it. It's ridiculous. The boy has played for BMR long enough to learn how to play and he just hasn't learned anything.
Kevin Williams is a role player. His role is to rebound and play defense.