Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All-Mountain Football Team
like i said you probably didnt watch him play the stats coach po put on khsaa werent half of the tackles he had most of his tackles were given to lee
those three players you mentioned didnt have half the tackles they were given credit for
but thats ok who cares were not gonna cry about it just gonna move on talk to me about him next year and tell me who from south should have been on that list and oh by the if you dont believe that he had double the tackles he was given credit for give me your address and ill mail you the film and on offense dont ask me why he didnt touch the ball more something good happened every down he played but thats another story likie thats ok
like the saying goes
HATERS ARE MOTIVATORS
Congrats to those selected for this honor. Its a tough undertaking for sure. 2010 was a great season.
Nice to see Boggs and Smith make it from Pcc. i was suprised to see Shouse not any were he had a really good year and would have had an even better one if he didn't miss two games and so did Johnson on defense
SLHSCard Wrote:I don't know the kid personally so I am giving an unbiased opinion. I am just going by what I saw and his stats which say he finished 5th in tackles on the team and around half of those were assisted, had 3 rushes for 17 yards and had 1.5 sacks this year on an 0-10 team. Statistically speaking Binder, Berry and Burns had better seasons than Elliot. With South's record only Vaughn should have been mentioned though.

Yeah, I noticed that to. 2nd teamer all-state... but 3rd teamer in the mountains.
You all thats complaining about this team crack me up.
Do you understand how hard it is to come up with a team from that much of a coverage area?
WYMT obviously goes by stats and wins. This is a good formula. You might have an all star on your team but if you go 0-10, nobody cares.
There are some good players who were left off but you cant please everybody. I think Bramlett from Whitley is one of the best hard nosed running backs ive ever seen and one of the top in the mountains if not the state, but do you honestly think that he should be there above Jude or Davenport? No, i think not.
Cut these guys a break, the offensive line unit thing is a little bad, but honestly i think its better in a way to get an all unit team, something all of the o lineman off the same team can enjoy, and when it comes down to it there might be one guy off of a 4-6 team that is better than one or two of Bell or JC's offensive lineman, but there 4-6, cmon.
Every selection process has it's advantages and it's disadvantanges. I do wish that the offensive line had been selected on personal achievement. The offensive line gets less credit than any position on the field in my opinion and when a good running back rings up a great season, someone has to be in there helping them out and opening holes. For this reason, it would have been nice to see O linemen get indiviual kudos where they don't get thier name in the paper or television much unless they cause a sack, or a fumble, jump offsides at inopertune moments or miss a block causing a game losing tackle. I understand that this is the way that this has always been done on these picks, and because of that, all you can do is shrug it off and accept it.
On another note about disadvantages on these type of picks, you could look at the CJ all state picks process. There is no honorable mention section for wide recievers or athletes. There were some boys that I know from Knox Central that couldn't have been left off that list if there was. What was a letdown for some kids on the Mountain team, was a celebration on the CJ list and vice versa.
So....what it all boils down to is the fact that all you can do is shrug and accept how things shake out after the man makes the picks. At least that is how I see it.
To bad some kids are always left out in these.Its a shame and kinda makes you wonder about the motives
papagrit Wrote:Every selection process has it's advantages and it's disadvantanges. I do wish that the offensive line had been selected on personal achievement. The offensive line gets less credit than any position on the field in my opinion and when a good running back rings up a great season, someone has to be in there helping them out and opening holes. For this reason, it would have been nice to see O linemen get indiviual kudos where they don't get thier name in the paper or television much unless they cause a sack, or a fumble, jump offsides at inopertune moments or miss a block causing a game losing tackle. I understand that this is the way that this has always been done on these picks, and because of that, all you can do is shrug it off and accept it.
On another note about disadvantages on these type of picks, you could look at the CJ all state picks process. There is no honorable mention section for wide recievers or athletes. There were some boys that I know from Knox Central that couldn't have been left off that list if there was. What was a letdown for some kids on the Mountain team, was a celebration on the CJ list and vice versa.
So....what it all boils down to is the fact that all you can do is shrug and accept how things shake out after the man makes the picks. At least that is how I see it.
I couldnt have said this any better, but because I am a parent of an O-lineman..I get the "you have a bad attitude" comments...lol To me the O-lineman play for the "love of the game" with little or no recognition..Yet, without them...Where would those outstanding backs be? They are on the front lines opening the holes and the only recognition that they get is an occassional shout out for the entire O-line...For a running offense like Belfry's that is crucial! They have to work as a team, but I do think those boys should get individual recognition too and I will continue my sermon for years to come....lol...I wont have a dog in the fight next year..hehehe...He is a senior and moves on to college...:Cheerlead
What about J White for Perry Central he had a great year recieving and defense!
papagrit Wrote:Every selection process has it's advantages and it's disadvantanges. I do wish that the offensive line had been selected on personal achievement. The offensive line gets less credit than any position on the field in my opinion and when a good running back rings up a great season, someone has to be in there helping them out and opening holes. For this reason, it would have been nice to see O linemen get indiviual kudos where they don't get thier name in the paper or television much unless they cause a sack, or a fumble, jump offsides at inopertune moments or miss a block causing a game losing tackle. I understand that this is the way that this has always been done on these picks, and because of that, all you can do is shrug it off and accept it.
Well said.
I like the naming of the Offensive Line Team, they are a team within a team and have to work together or things go wrong in a hurry.
By and large I think they were pretty good.

The only omissions that stick out to me (because they are closer to home) would be:

Utility- Avery Ray, Sheldon Clark
Defense- DB Josh Dixon, Belfry

Ray's contributions all over the field were undeniable and I'd take him over Smith at RB in a heartbeat. Kid was a playmaker on both sides of the ball.

Dixon, IMO, was easily one of the top 2 or 3 DB's in the mountains. I can count at least 10 times he saved a TD for Belfry with his sure tackling and angles, in fact he had at least 3 TD saving tackles in the State Finals against Ace Wales. He was also a headhunter and his physicality nearly single handily turned the game against Pike Central.
Congrats to all especially the P'burg boys...
Bryson Williams player of the year 2A & first team utility player
Defensive Team
Alex Griffith
Joseph Jamerson
Trevor Stovall

Honorable Mention
Nathan Slone WR
Joseph Jamerson WR
Adam Crisp QB
Bob Seger Wrote:Perhaps the most dangerous and most athletic player in the mountains (on either offense or defense) can't even get an honorable mention at any position?

Where's Johnson Central's JK Hall?:please:

My thoughts exactly!!

How are the members of these teams decided upon, and who does the choosing?
Congrats to the boys from Harlan County...

Jordan Calton, Defensive Team
Brian Owens, Defensive Team
Jordy Brewer, Defensive Team

Marcus McMillan, 2nd Team, RB

O-line, Third Team

Dylan Smith, Honorable Mention RB

and last but certainly not least.....
Coach Larkey for 5A Coach of the Year!!!

:Cheerlead:Cheerlead
I'm glad to see that Austin Pray got the not for First team offense.
He is absolutely money in the slot position and he doesn't get a lot of recognition for it.