Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GOP blocks School Nutrition Bill.
jetpilot Wrote:WOW...I thought everyone would get it that I was making a joke.
Really JP, you cant honestly say you are shocked when you consider this threads participants. Now can you? :biggrin:

I think about everyone, besides one guy did. Perfect example of how the simpliest of things go over the simpliest of heads.

Honestly, I was impressed by the wit. lol:Clap:
Bob Seger Wrote:Really JP, you cant honestly say you are shocked when you consider this threads participants. Now can you? :biggrin:

I think about everyone, besides one guy did. Perfect example of how the simpliest of things go over the simpliest of heads.

I knew you would get it Bob. If I really wanted to brag, I would just point out how you and I control several thousand votes all across the country. And I am going to quit using smilies so only the smart people will know if I am joking or not.
Bob Seger Wrote:Really JP, you cant honestly say you are shocked when you consider this threads participants. Now can you? :biggrin:

Yea, it went over my head, but you don't have to get personal. Being a serious person, I usually take other people as being serious when they say something. My bad. BTW, I see you and JP are going against one of main tenants of the Republican party, mooching off of other people. You haven't had that much time to consider, but JP has been doing it since 2005. Don't mooch off of us that pay to help keep this sight going, join in the fun since you like being here.
Bob Seger Wrote:Noooooooooooo, that's not even close to what I was meaning. lol

I thought you had vowed to stay (for about 10 times now) off the political threads?:biggrin:
How would you know this, since you only joined in September, :yikes: unless you are here under a 2nd account name?
jetpilot Wrote:I knew you would get it Bob. If I really wanted to brag, I would just point out how you and I control several thousand votes all across the country. And I am going to quit using smilies so only the smart people will know if I am joking or not.

To be honest, you didn't use a smiley in that post. How's anybody to know you were joking?

jetpilot Wrote:I beg to differ, Obama proved that no one is unelectable. I'll back you too Hoot, and not to brag but I control up to 3 more votes as well.

Seeing your join date, and knowing I have posted very, very little in the last couple of months, you have me wondering how you know so much about me. Maybe you are our long, lost friend Mr. Kimball? If not him, what other name did you have before? Were you an individual that was banned under another name? Either way, I'm sure if you are a true conservative, you won't mooch off of the site for free for very long before your conservative values kick in. Welcome to the forum.
TheRealVille Wrote:Seeing your join date, and knowing I have posted very, very little in the last couple of months, you have me wondering how you know so much about me. Maybe you are our long, lost friend Mr. Kimball? If not him, what other name did you have before? Were you an individual that was banned under another name? Either way, I'm sure if you are a true conservative, you won't mooch off of the site for free for very long before your conservative values kick in. Welcome to the forum.

Why didn't you know? You're an Urban Legend. :lmao:

And thanks for the welcome!!!
Bob Seger Wrote:Why didn't you know? You're an Urban Legend. :lmao:

And thanks for the welcome!!!
Naaah, I think you are on a 2nd account.
jetpilot Wrote:I knew you would get it Bob. If I really wanted to brag, I would just point out how you and I control several thousand votes all across the country. And I am going to quit using smilies so only the smart people will know if I am joking or not.
:Thumbs: Good satire (or sarcasm) doesn't need no stinkin' smilies. :biggrin:
TheRealVille Wrote:Naaah, I think you are on a 2nd account.

Ah, come on now. Please dont start that thinkin stuff on us. :yikes:

Sorry, but right now I just cant help but not laugh about and think of the Andy Griffith episode where Gomer joins the Marines and has to sit in the barracks with a bucket stuck over his head. Somehow, it just seems right. :biggrin:
Hoot Gibson Wrote::Thumbs: Good satire (or sarcasm) doesn't need no stinkin' smilies. :biggrin:

:worthy:
Bob Seger Wrote:Ah, come on now. Please dont start that thinkin stuff on us. :yikes:

Sorry, but right now I just cant help but not laugh about and think of the Andy Griffith episode where Gomer joins the Marines and has to sit in the barracks with a bucket stuck over his head. Somehow, it just seems right. :biggrin:
Man, you remind me so much of Kimball.
Bob Seger Wrote:Ah, come on now. Please dont start that thinkin stuff on us. :yikes:

That was one of my favorite episodes. :thatsfunn

You're typical of a school kid. You really don't have anything worthy to say, so you just try to impress your friends by talking trash. It is also associated with "little" man syndrome, if you know what I mean. :biggrin:
Old School Wrote:That was one of my favorite episodes. :thatsfunn
Actually, it was one of mine also.
TheRealVille Wrote:Wow, :yikes: , could this be a trend starting. I agree 110%. If we hit once every few years, I'll take it.

TheRealVille Wrote:Actually, it was one of mine also.

That's twice in one thread. :omg:
Old School Wrote:That's twice in one thread. :omg:
Man, are we in the Twilight Zone?
TheRealVille Wrote:You're typical of a school kid. You really don't have anything worthy to say, so you just try to impress your friends by talking trash. It is also associated with "little" man syndrome, if you know what I mean. :biggrin:

Are you going to send me one of those infamous little PM's and threaten to beat me up too? hmmmmmmm? :yikes:

And as far as "little" lol, wow!!, now that's certainly something I haven't been confused as being in awhile. Oooooh, for yesterday!!!
Bob Seger Wrote:Are you going to send me one of those infamous little PM's and threaten to beat me up too? hmmmmmmm? :yikes:

And as far as "little" lol, wow!!, now that's certainly something I haven't been confused as being in awhile. Oooooh, for yesterday!!!
I have never sent a PM threatening anyone. I have only sent PM's to people that threatened me, and gave them my address.
After a little talk with a very wise young man on the board, I don't pay attention to morons anymore. I have fun with them.
TheRealVille Wrote:I have never sent a PM threatening anyone. I have only sent PM's to people that threatened me, and gave them my address.
After a little talk with a very wise young man on the board, I don't pay attention to morons anymore. I have fun with them.
:lmao: This is neither the appropriate thread nor the appropriate forum to make such false allegations. If you have evidence that somebody has threatened you, then I urge you to make your case to site admins. Cyber-stalkers should not be tolerated. Near the keyboard of every cyber-stalker, there is an emotionally disturbed flesh and blood loser.
Hoot Gibson Wrote::lmao: This is neither the appropriate thread nor the appropriate forum to make such false allegations. If you have evidence that somebody has threatened you, then I urge you to make your case to site admins. Cyber-stalkers should not be tolerated. Near the keyboard of every cyber-stalker, there is an emotionally disturbed flesh and blood loser.
Well Hoot, the thread where you were saying stuff is deleted, so we can't very well go there, huh? It's over, and a long time ago. We are cool, as far as I'm concerned. I really do have a lot of respect for some of the things you say, I just don't agree with a lot of it either. As far as Bob goes, I am learning to just laugh at people that only know how to make childish jabs, it only shows their peer approval wants. Nothing intelligent to say, they just want to belong. It reminds of back in school days where all the little boys that made fun of other kids, looking for approval from their other friends. You do notice that Bob hasn't added the first comment on the school lunch topic, right?
TheRealVille Wrote:Well Hoot, the thread where you were saying stuff is deleted, so we can't very well go there, huh?
Well there is the inconvenient fact that I save my PMs, so I suggest that you not make any more claims that can be easily refuted. Had I threatened you in an open forum, I would have been permanently banned, as I should have been. So deleted posts or threads are irrelevant in this case. No threats were made and you know that is the truth. So does everybody else, including the admins and moderators who patrol this forum.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Well there is the inconvenient fact that I save my PMs, so I suggest that you not make any more claims that can be easily refuted. Had I threatened you in an open forum, I would have been permanently banned, as I should have been. So deleted posts or threads are irrelevant in this case. No threats were made and you know that is the truth. So does everybody else, including the admins and moderators who patrol this forum.
You said something, or you wouldn't have gotten my address.
TheRealVille Wrote:You said something, or you wouldn't have gotten my address.
I demonstrated that you made untrue statements, the same thing that I am pointing out that you are doing in this thread. No threats were made and you know that is a fact and yet you claim otherwise. What does that make you, RV?

How about sticking to a thread topic?
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I demonstrated that you made untrue statements, the same thing that I am pointing out that you are doing in this thread. No threats were made and you know that is a fact and yet you claim otherwise. What does that make you, RV?

How about sticking to a thread topic?
Yes, my memory escaped me, you called me a liar, and I told you not to do it behind a keyboard, and gave you my address. It's cool, we are past that. My bad.
Matman Wrote:They do not always have the option. We forget that there are families out there that are poor. There are kids out there who only eat at school. Its hard to imagine but its the truth. There are also parents who don't care or do not know enough to care. I see people feeding kids burgers, fries and a coke every day. Then they complain because they pay to much for health care while smoking their cigerettes in the same car with their kids. I believe in this case the federal government is needed. I do not like them being in our school systems however on the issue of obesity they have to do something. Obesity goes beyond state borders and effects everyone across the nation.
Yes, a lot of these kids come from doped up families that could care less what they eat, or even if they do. Schools are where a lot of these kids get the only nutrition that they receive. If the schools aren't monitoring the nutrition they hand out, maybe the state or federal government should.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:You may be a conservative Republican on other issues but this is not a conservative position. I would not oppose a local law against having pop and candy machines in schools but I think any conservative should oppose any state or federal law that would do so.

Local communities should make local decisions. When you voluntarily cede that authority to somebody or group of people who are located in a state capital or in Washington, the message that you send is that my neighbors and I are not smart, responsible, or trustworthy enough to make our own decisions on such matters so you, my state and federal governments must make them for us.

If you are willing to let the federal government dictate what kind of vending machines your local schools can install and what the school cooks must put on your child's tray, what power are you unwilling to give up to a big, centralized federal government?
What if at the local level, they aren't doing it? Who is to take over?
TheRealVille Wrote:Yes, my memory escaped me, you called me a liar, and I told you not to do it behind a keyboard, and gave you my address. It's cool, we are past that. My bad.
:Thumbs: Then I guess that only makes you mistaken in this case. Thank you for acknowledging that.

I am also fine with leaving everything else in the past and I hope that an admin will delete these past few off-topic posts.
TheRealVille Wrote:What if at the local level, they aren't doing it? Who is to take over?
Then people deserve the government that they get. Sometimes that will disappoint me and sometimes it will disappoint you, but I know that the failings of local government can often be corrected through the determined efforts of one man or one woman.

Once the federal government gains control of any facet of our life, there is little that an individual or even a large number of individuals can do to affect change. And this belief is one of the main ones that defines me as a conservative/libertarian.
Matman Wrote:http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101201/ap_o..._nutrition
This is one area where I agree with an Obama on. The GOP says its too expensive. However no one seems to want to admit that the obesity rate in our country is costing us billions.

I realize the kids need nutritious meals and any meal would help, but I have my doubts that this would help the obesity rate. Unless parents get onboard with eating healthy meals, the vast majority would still allow their kids to eat whatever they want.