• Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Job Openings
nky Wrote:by choice or forced?

Choice
Stardust Wrote:Choice
Good for him.
Things could get interesting in 6A in NKY next year as far as coaching goes. Been hearing some strong rumors on many of the programs and coaching
nky Wrote:Good for him.
Things could get interesting in 6A in NKY next year as far as coaching goes. Been hearing some strong rumors on many of the programs and coaching

Will anyone want to come to CCHS????? It will get filled, but what quality.
Stardust Wrote:Will anyone want to come to CCHS????? It will get filled, but what quality.
That's an intriguing program. Has so much potential and a solid middle school feeder. With the new complex being built, a new staff may be able to energize the school and get something started. Plus besides Ryle 6A next year should be wide open and Ryle may have some transition issuesConfusedhh:
Fairdale

Fern Creek (Rumor)

Henry County

Pike Central (Assistants ONLY)
Fern Creek isn't a rumor...it's open. Their coach stepped down last week.

Fern Creek
Fairdale
Bryan Station
Madison Southern
Campbell County
Grant County
Henry County

Don't know which of these is the best, but I think that's all so far. If not, someone feel free to add to the list...
What are the rumors around Henry County? What kind of job will this be for the next coach?
Evarts job opened today
Strikeout King Wrote:Fairdale

Fern Creek (Rumor)

Henry County

Pike Central (Assistants ONLY)

what PC assistants they changing? off cord?
Jackson05 Wrote:Fern Creek isn't a rumor...it's open. Their coach stepped down last week.

Fern Creek
Fairdale
Bryan Station
Madison Southern
Campbell County
Grant County
Henry County

Don't know which of these is the best, but I think that's all so far. If not, someone feel free to add to the list...

wasn't for sure, didn't see it posted on the khsaa website

cuppett777 Wrote:what PC assistants they changing? off cord?

Pike County Central is accepting applications for qualified assistant football coaches, as well as a Defensive Coordinator.
Strikeout King Wrote:wasn't for sure, didn't see it posted on the khsaa website

Pike County Central is accepting applications for qualified assistant football coaches, as well as a Defensive Coordinator.

is Mike Smith staying?
Dayton is open
I forgot about them...

I also remembered that Logan County is open and I think Spencer County is open. I hadn't heard anything about it but it's posted on the KHSAA website.
Spencer County is open...the HC resigned last Monday.
I hear Spencer is an up and coming program? What truth is there to this? I hear the population of the county has grown over the last couple years. I see that they have gone from 2A to 4A. Any thoughts?
Score Now! Wrote:I hear Spencer is an up and coming program? What truth is there to this? I hear the population of the county has grown over the last couple years. I see that they have gone from 2A to 4A. Any thoughts?

They look to have hit a road block this year...I think they were 0 fer
Bell County????

heard that hilton was stepping down..
from a reliable source
South Oldham (ASSISTANTS ONLY)
BigBlueBell Wrote:Bell County????

heard that hilton was stepping down..
from a reliable source

great coach, I hope he stays at Bell and breaks the record next year.
Because of the short distance between Louisville and Henry County or does he have ties to HC somehow?
Score Now! Wrote:What are the rumors around Henry County? What kind of job will this be for the next coach?

Henry county named an assistant coach as the head coach this past season to replace the previous head coach who abandoned them right before the summer practices started. It was understood from what i have heard that Coach Johnson was only going to coach for one season until another coach could be hired. HC loses alot of talent this year but looks like they still have several key players returning. Including a battle tested offensive and defensive line, along with some great defensive players and ball carriers returning. Aren't many seniors so its something to build on
I'm telling you all JP Chapman is looking to leave PCC. I heard it from someone who talks to the man everyday. It might not happen this year, it could be next year, but he is looking to leave. So PCC will have a open job here in a while.
if its true about dudley leaving then Bell County
Bell County would be a good job, but big shoes to fill.
BeReal Wrote:Henry county named an assistant coach as the head coach this past season to replace the previous head coach who abandoned them right before the summer practices started. It was understood from what i have heard that Coach Johnson was only going to coach for one season until another coach could be hired. HC loses alot of talent this year but looks like they still have several key players returning. Including a battle tested offensive and defensive line, along with some great defensive players and ball carriers returning. Aren't many seniors so its something to build on

Henry has a good upcoming freshman class and good sophmore class the junior and senior class have some good talent and from what i hear if they get a coach in here who cares about them and trys not to run all of them OFF!!!!!!!! "because of some kind of power trip", there will be alot of kids come back out. There are alot of kids in the school who should be playing and will play if the right guy is hired!!!!!!
The complete, official list of head coaching openings is:

Dayton
Campbell County
Grant County
Fairdale
Fern Creek
Spencer County
Henry County
Bryan Station
Madison Southern
Berea (coach resigned before season was over, not positive if filled?)
Mercer County
Bell County
Hopkins County Central
Logan County
That's a pretty good list. How would you rank those in order of best to worst jobs?

Also, you need to add Hopkinsville to the list.
Jackson05 Wrote:That's a pretty good list. How would you rank those in order of best to worst jobs?

Also, you need to add Hopkinsville to the list.

Lordy, I don't know how I left that one off! The most obvious and talked about job of the bunch thus far. I don't know could rank them, other than Bell County being the best by far, but here is my 2 cents worth of opinion all all of them.

Dayton-1A, NKY, have struggled. Beechwood rules that area.

Campbell County- 6A, NKY, apparently putting the $$$ into it.

Bryan Station- Athletes out the wazoo. Not to mention a very nice facility.

Fairdale- Good talent pool, not much community support. Built a new complex a few years back.

Fern Creek- See Bryan Station. 1 of the top 5 public schools in L'ville.

Spencer County- nowhere to go but, up. No football budget, everything dime you get, you have to earn. New stadium and in a district that you could place 2nd in every year and host a playoff game. You could probably run for mayor there with 5-7, 4-8 seasons and hosting a playoff game. Tough region with Collins, Western, etc.

Madison Southern- $$$ is apparently not an issue. Putting down a new turf field, plus building a new fieldhouse/weight room and one of the highest paying jobs in the state (15-17K coaching stipend).

Bell County- enough said.

Berea- 1A school, never have had much.

Henry County-3A. Good community support. In a district with Central and region with Bell County and Corbin the next 4 years. Realistically looking at a 12 game season at best the next 4 years.

Grant County- Nice facilities, good pool of kids and a booster club helps raise about 100K a year (yes, 100K, through Bingo).

Hopkins Co. Central- WKY, haven't ever seemed to do much. Another uphill battle being in a disrict with Lone Oak, Owensboro and Madisonville, not to mention a region with ACS and Franklin Simpson.

Mercer County- The million dollar question. They probably have a indoor facility. weightroom/filedhouse that is better than any high school in the state. If whomever gets it is given a few years, they could do something in time. They have a large # of kids that play and some very good talent in those numbers.

Logan County- another extreme uphill battle w/ district foes of Warren Central, Bowling Green, Greenwood, etc, then throw in region foes Christian County, Hopkinsville. Nice overall talent pool though and facilities aren't bad either.

Hopkinsville- When you think WKY football over the longhaul, you hear Mayfield, Tilghman and these guys. More of talent pool to choose from than any in the state, but from everything I've heard they could still return to prominance if all of the marbles fall in place.
I'll give it a shot (best to worst):

1. Bell County
2. Hopkinsville
3. Fern Creek
4. Madison Southern
5. Hopkins County Central
6. Henry County
7. Fairdale
8. Mercer County
9. Bryan Station
10. Grant County
11. Spencer County