Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Prestonsburg
75.61%
Middlesboro
24.39%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middlesboro @ Prestonsburg 11/12
I think Middlesboro has the ability to make this a game but they have to protect Roark. If he has time, he's got a nice arm and some nice receivers. As stated, he doesn't react too well under pressure. I can see Middlesboro winning but I can also see Middlesboro keeping it a game for a little bit and then Prestonsburg making a stop of two then converting to take the wind out of the Yellow Jacket's sails. I'm going to say Pburg wins 42-21.
Should be a good game especially with the height mismatch that Middlesboro Zach Riddle with have against the Blackcats' corners! I think Prestonsburg will still win this one by multiple scores but it should be intersting to see if the Yellow Jackets can use Riddle to their advantage.

Prestonsburg - 35

Middlesboro - 21
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Prestonsburg by 14
Calpreps Predicts the score using the Massay Calculator Prestonsburg 35-26 http://www.Calpreps.com
CMS32 Wrote:Im going to say upset .Jackets QB playing well now pburg is tough but Mboro wins by 3:worthy:

Middlesboro does have a kicker who has kicked a few from 45 or farther this year.
Funny how everyone has forgotten about Epperson who coming into this season was and IMO still is our best receiver and at 6'2" can also go up and get em , he might be the X factor if they key in on Riddle.
This should be a good game, Middlesboro I feel is tested as they had a murderous non-district schedule. Thus like others have said they are a better team than the record indicates. Being on the road don't help the Yellowjackets, tho I don't feel the game will be a blowout, I am worried that it could be if they get behind early, as they are a very young team with a first year head coach. All of that said I expect it to be a close one that the Jackets could steal a win if they keep their heads. In the end tho, my heart don't win out on this ... Jackets loose by 4
KyFanaticus Wrote:This should be a good game, Middlesboro I feel is tested as they had a murderous non-district schedule. Thus like others have said they are a better team than the record indicates. Being on the road don't help the Yellowjackets, tho I don't feel the game will be a blowout, I am worried that it could be if they get behind early, as they are a very young team with a first year head coach. All of that said I expect it to be a close one that the Jackets could steal a win if they keep their heads. In the end tho, my heart don't win out on this ... Jackets loose by 4
Let's not underestimate Prestonsburg's out of conference schedule either. They played @belfry, @breathitt Co., vs. Sheldon Clark, and vs. Pike Co. Central. Those are some very good teams. Of course, P-burg needed to play teams like that because of their weak district schedule.
KyFanaticus Wrote:This should be a good game, Middlesboro I feel is tested as they had a murderous non-district schedule. Thus like others have said they are a better team than the record indicates. Being on the road don't help the Yellowjackets, tho I don't feel the game will be a blowout, I am worried that it could be if they get behind early, as they are a very young team with a first year head coach. All of that said I expect it to be a close one that the Jackets could steal a win if they keep their heads. In the end tho, my heart don't win out on this ... Jackets loose by 4

They have a ton of Seniors. They will be young next year but not this year.

Hope they can pull off the upset on the road.
.........pburg comes out flat, but still gets the W
i will be routing for Frazier and the yellow jackets, but i think P-burg wins this game, bc everyone knows you cant win at p-burg!! anyone remember the Bell/P-burg game in 04?
hahaha lol..

P-burg- 42

M-boro- 14
tehot05 Wrote:i will be routing for Frazier and the yellow jackets, but i think P-burg wins this game, bc everyone knows you cant win at p-burg!! anyone remember the Bell/P-burg game in 04?
hahaha lol..

P-burg- 42

M-boro- 14

7 years ago :yawn: Let it go.....
canoeman06 Wrote:7 years ago :yawn: Let it go.....

ahhhhh buddy... juss saying its a tough place to get a W....
tehot05 Wrote:i will be routing for Frazier and the yellow jackets, but i think P-burg wins this game, bc everyone knows you cant win at p-burg!! anyone remember the Bell/P-burg game in 04?
hahaha lol..

P-burg- 42

M-boro- 14

I remember it well, great game !!!! The fumble by Bell Co. and scoop and score by P'burg still brings a smile to my face......... I also remember the 2001 game on a neutral field, P'burg won that one as well.
tehot05 Wrote:ahhhhh buddy... juss saying its a tough place to get a W....
P'burg does have a great home record, as does Bell Co.. it's hard to check out of the "Hilton" with a win.:biggrin:
UK Fan14 Wrote:P'burg does have a great home record, as does Bell Co.. it's hard to check out of the "Hilton" with a win.:biggrin:
:Thumbs: i agree i coached at corbin for 9 yrs...
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Heads up Riddle wins most jump balls at 6'4.

We will probably stick Nathan Slone on him 5' 10" 155lbs, but plays much bigger. He can go up with the best of them. Joe Jamerson 6' 3" at Saftey can play the same side & with these two together can be tough to drop one in on them.
P-Burg
Could be fairly close early, but P'burg pulls away in the end 49-21
I happened to be in p'burg this past weekend and caught some of pburgs 1st roud game on local tv. . . all I can say is WOW. That field is horrible. Guys can't make anything close to a cut or juke without falling. Water standing all over the field, no lines down the center of the field. I was amazed at how BAD that field looked. I know the field has had alot of games played on it by now, but WOW. This will have to be a factor in this game.
that being said, i say as long as pburg can keep the passing game of middlesboro in check, pburg takes this one
blackcatnashland Wrote:I happened to be in p'burg this past weekend and caught some of pburgs 1st roud game on local tv. . . all I can say is WOW. That field is horrible. Guys can't make anything close to a cut or juke without falling. Water standing all over the field, no lines down the center of the field. I was amazed at how BAD that field looked. I know the field has had alot of games played on it by now, but WOW. This will have to be a factor in this game.

I saw pics from this past Fridays game and yes the field is in BAD shape. No grass, just all MUD.
As anyone familiar with Prestonsburg football should know we love having muddy/sandy fields.

Pburg use's it to their advantage.
well, i went to high school there and grew up there, so I am familiar with the program to say the least, however I played basketball, not football. Just was a little shocked at how bad the field is. will they ever put in turf or whats the deal with that?
P- burg. by 21.
blackcatnashland Wrote:well, i went to high school there and grew up there, so I am familiar with the program to say the least, however I played basketball, not football. Just was a little shocked at how bad the field is. will they ever put in turf or whats the deal with that?

I don't think Prestonsburg will ever get turf.

If the school/coaches really wanted turf we would have gotten it by now.
Blackcats in a close one.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Pburg
UPSET

Middlesboro- 20 P-burg- 14
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I don't think Prestonsburg will ever get turf.

If the school/coaches really wanted turf we would have gotten it by now.

Turf is a work in progress. Lots of issues that need to be ironed out ranging from costs to school board issues.

One day....