Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hardest Hitting Teams From The Mountains
LC99 Wrote:Could you be over the line by continuing to attack what this poster says,
Admittedly, I might be...but sometimes it can't be HELPED! I mean look at what he posted...against a team he LOST to???

To be completely honest with you, I'm actually trying to HELP him keep others out there think LC is not the most completely UNDER-ACHIEVING team out there.

Why? I happen to think Coach Mitchell is one of the BEST coaches in the state; when someone constantly comes on here and posts over and over (go research 45's posts) how they have the best players in the state, the hardest hitters in the state, and NOW to pull out a totally 'sour grapes' comment toward someone they LOST to, it makes Coach Mitchell look bad!

LC99 Wrote:and its funny you attack anything written by people from LC, or things about LC.

Absolutely not...I don't attack ANYTHING about LC when it's based on FACT. Notice your next line... I DID attack some braggadocious comment by this "45" person...but NOT "anything written by people from LC." (again, go research MY posts and you'll see that).

LC99 Wrote:You pointed out in another thread about this poster saying LC had the best line in the state, and you went on about that,

See, as you yourself said, it was NOT "anything written by people from LC," just this poster (probably a kid who's not thinking).

LC99 Wrote:but its funny someone from Paintsville in the post above 45's here, said they have the hardest hitting team in the state, yet nothing from you.
Because that person doesn't have a HISTORY of repeatedly posting how Paintsville's guys are "the best in the state" blah, blah, blah. (Though that does NOT mean I agree with them! Painstville had a very good year last year, but it wasn't due to their hard hitting ability. And no, they do NOT have the "best line in the state either" in my opinion!).

Seriously, there is a LOT of people out there I've talked to in HS football that often wonder how so much is expected from LC from their fans every year when they HAVEN'T EVEN SEEN most of the other teams in the state (something you pointed out yourself in another thread).

LC has VERY GOOD, well-coached players. I think you, me, and Countertrap45 can all agree on that. But THAT'S IT! Touting them as more than that does their coaches a disservice when they lose.

If they're really "best in the state" (implying they're better than ANY other player at ANY other school) they should schedule St. X or Trinity to see how they match up.

But you're right, the numbers difference matters between 1A and 4A. So then, they they should be scheduling at least the best 1A and 2A teams out there like DANVILLE, BEECHWOOD, NEWPORT CATHOLIC, BELFRY, RUSSELL, etc. for non-district games to PROVE they're "all that" and get them the respect they deserve!
i agree, bell and belfry can just bring it every year....

BUT paintsville? hazard?...hardest hitting teams...i would have to disagree...

i usually keep up with their district and pikeville D are the ppl who can just lay ppl out...
6 shutouts this yr if im not mistaken along with only giving up 7 against pburg and 14 to the mighty paintsville...

i mean these guys will only get better nect yr returning 7 or 8 starters...these guys along with belfry, bell, and rockcastle will be loaded...
2001 Blackcats, plain and simple, teams were afraid to play them.
I am friends with some of the guys at Paintsville, and no offense to them but they just aren't a hard hitting team. Maybe a hard hitting team in 1A. THe hardest hitting team I eveer faced was no doubt Mason County.
i do think that LCs Freshman and JV teams did rack heads hard, the hardest hitting team we ever played this past year is between them and belfry..in the belfry game we were hittin so hard i broke two screws out of my chinstrap. it was crazy. im not a "light hitter" so it coulda been me, but those boys got heart.
24 7 let me ask u a question how do you know how hard they hit huh? where you there did you get hit by one of them so quit your crying and get over it....... ya we lost you can rub it in my face all you want to but how would you know unless your a player for paintsville.... answer me that
johnson central can hit pretty hard
i think pineville is one of the hardest hitting teams in the mountains. their def. will bring it when they want to
East Ridge by far! They r the meanest sob's in the district. But there young and inexperienced. They should be good in a few years.
247 for one you cant beat a team just by hitting harder than them. Just because paintsville hit like girls and lynn camp got beat down mean lynn camp didnt stroke them all game long. Maybe that made a difference in you all playing somersett? Paintsville is the most finess team i saw all year. Didnt hit anybody during that game lynn camp had way more knock out shots win or lose. Lynn camp hardest hitting teams in the mountains.
LC99 Wrote:Could you be over the line by continuing to attack what this poster says, and its funny you attack anything written by people from LC, or things about LC. You pointed out in another thread about this poster saying LC had the best line in the state, and you went on about that, but its funny someone from Paintsville in the post above 45's here, said they have the hardest hitting team in the state, yet nothing from you.

Actually LC99, I don't think that ShakeandBake is a Paintsville, if I'm not mistaking he is a South Floyd fan, REGAURDLESS, Paintsville is not the hardest hitting team in the state, not even the mountains.

The hardest hitting team I EVER played against was the 2001 Prestonsburg Blackcats, unreal.

Then I would have to say the 2001 Middlesboro team when Durrell White was a Senior.

2001 Fleming Neon team.
2002 Prestonsburg
2002 Middlesboro
Rock brings a lick
Well I don't think that East Ridge hit that hard at all. but the teams i played was week but belfry. they knowed how to land a good hit on ya. Well i knowed that SV knowed how to hit because didn't they say they was the hardest hitting team though?
Dont Take It Away! Wrote:247 for one you cant beat a team just by hitting harder than them. Just because paintsville hit like girls and lynn camp got beat down mean lynn camp didnt stroke them all game long. Maybe that made a difference in you all playing somersett? Paintsville is the most finess team i saw all year. Didnt hit anybody during that game lynn camp had way more knock out shots win or lose. Lynn camp hardest hitting teams in the mountains.

I was at the Paintsville/Lynn Camp game, Lynn Camp didn't hit any harder than Paintsville did. There weren't really ANY BIG HITS. If I'm not mistaking, didn't Paintsville put Jimmy Chaffin out of the game.
ER doesnt hit hard....Paintsville might hit hard, but they are in no way close to being the hardest hitting team in the state.
1. Bell(went to camp with them for 2 years) very aggressive team.
2. Belfry(year in year out, pure hitters)
3. Johnson Central
4. Breathitt(a few years ago)
5. P-burg(a few years ago)
PC_U_KNOW_98 Wrote:I was at the Paintsville/Lynn Camp game, Lynn Camp didn't hit any harder than Paintsville did. There weren't really ANY BIG HITS. If I'm not mistaking, didn't Paintsville put Jimmy Chaffin out of the game.

actually the reason jimmy got hurt that game is because when one of there players tackled him out of bounds they got up and kicked him in the hip
45countertrap Wrote:actually the reason jimmy got hurt that game is because when one of there players tackled him out of bounds they got up and kicked him in the hip

HMMMMM...Funny you say that now, how come that was never brought up in the original game thread. Not one fan of Lynn Camp ever said Jimmy got hurt because a Paintsville player KICKED him in the hip, not once. I'm sure if that REALLY happened then ALL the Lynn Camp fans would have said it, but NONE did.
PC_U_KNOW_98 Wrote:HMMMMM...Funny you say that now, how come that was never brought up in the original game thread. Not one fan of Lynn Camp ever said Jimmy got hurt because a Paintsville player KICKED him in the hip, not once. I'm sure if that REALLY happened then ALL the Lynn Camp fans would have said it, but NONE did.

I don't know if that was the play that Jimmy got hurt on or not, but there is a play where Chaffin gets tackled on the Paintsville sidelines, and it's hard to be certain on it, but it does look like someone is kicking him, but it is hard to tell for sure, films can be funny that way.
belfry
yea id say belfry is a hard hitting team
yeah there pretty good......
sheldon clark easily has one of the hardest hitting teams in the mountains if not the hardest! even in down years they still would lay the wood to ya
There are ALOT of teams that bring the heat on Friday nights, but the one that is constant above all others would have to be Belfry. When the Pond Creek Nation comes to town you know your in for a physical battle. Other teams have lots of players that will hit you, but few put 11 on the field that would just assume hit you as look at you like the Pirates do.

Others that deserve mentioning in no paticular order are:
Lawrence County
Sheldon Clark
Bell County
P'burg
M'boro
Whitley co
Lynn Camp
Pikeville
Pc i think chaffin still played defense but when a team fractures a hip it dont really mean they hit hard just happened to hit right. There was definatley more knock out shots comin from lynn camps side from wut i saw of the game.
Dont Take It Away! Wrote:Pc i think chaffin still played defense but when a team fractures a hip it dont really mean they hit hard just happened to hit right. There was definatley more knock out shots comin from lynn camps side from wut i saw of the game.

I've avoided this thread due to the mud slinging and such. Watch the game tape on 3 different occasions. Didn't see any of Paintsville's players do that, and to be quite honest I don't think any of them are mean enough to do it. Does that mean it didn't happen?? No it may have very well happend, but I didn't see any of Paintsville's players try to hurt someone all year. Maybe I'm just blinded. Secondly, knockout shots?? What is that?? Reynolds had two good hits that's all I can remember. I seen Reynolds put his facemask into Kevin Williams' breadbasket on a play where Pugh over shot him. This double Kevin over and made him leave the playing field. Am I complaining?? No I would have done the same, but that's the only thing that came to mind as a knockout shot in that game. Sat out one play, returned to the game. I seen a few of Paintsville's players lay some licks too. This game is over as well as the season, it's ludicrious to even argue about any games from last season.
MOJO Wrote:I've avoided this thread due to the mud slinging and such. Watch the game tape on 3 different occasions. Didn't see any of Paintsville's players do that, and to be quite honest I don't think any of them are mean enough to do it. Does that mean it didn't happen?? No it may have very well happend, but I didn't see any of Paintsville's players try to hurt someone all year. Maybe I'm just blinded. Secondly, knockout shots?? What is that?? Reynolds had two good hits that's all I can remember. I seen Reynolds put his facemask into Kevin Williams' breadbasket on a play where Pugh over shot him. This double Kevin over and made him leave the playing field. Am I complaining?? No I would have done the same, but that's the only thing that came to mind as a knockout shot in that game. Sat out one play, returned to the game. I seen a few of Paintsville's players lay some licks too. This game is over as well as the season, it's ludicrious to even argue about any games from last season.

I like said Mojo I saw the film several times, and on that play it looks like it in a way, but I really didn't think he was kicked either. Jimmy never said anything about it after the game, and knowing him he woudln't anyway.
Back to topic, Lynn Camp does have a reputation for being a physical hard hitting football team. They have been labeled the Hit Men for as long as I remember, and at the end of the year, an hitmen award is given out. Most coaches I ever read anything by or met, one of the first things they bring up is how physcial they are. A lot of teams in Class A district 7 are physical Harlan is also a very good hitting team, as is Evarts and ***berland. Bell and Rock are very physical and with the way Belfry runs the ball, I'm sure they pack a punch. Watching Sheldon Clark early this year, I was impressed with how physical they were. Whitley County is also another good hard hitting team in their area.
JC has a set of lb that will hit ya
How about Shelby Valley they didn't care to hit yeah. I know for sure they put players out of 2 or 3 games but couple was for a season.
Centrals Back Wrote:JC has a set of lb that will hit ya

Do they ever lol.