Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands vs Boyle Freshmen 2010
lovinfridaynights Wrote:Dude are u like a sexual predetor...all you talk about is about higlands freshman..so either you have the hots for one of the youngsters or your their dada...oh yeah and i cant wait for highlands and boyle to play next year lol...it will be funny to watch the birds fall.

No comment on wideleft :eyeroll: We look forward to this game as well. Should be fun. :rockon:

Go Birds
PurplePride92 Wrote:I said it in another thread and I'll say it here. Our varsity would beat your varsity this year and last year. I don't know what next year holds but I know we'd beat you in 2009 and 2010. Straight up. Be glad you are getting us starting next year. You'll have a chance next year.

REALLY??? Confusedhh: Wouldn't be so sure my friend. :please:

Go Birds
Keyplayer Wrote:REALLY??? Confusedhh: Wouldn't be so sure my friend. :please:

Go Birds

Yep. Very confident about that. Especially after seeing your CovCath game go down to the last play.:flush::dontthink:moon:
PurplePride92 Wrote:I said it in another thread and I'll say it here. Our varsity would beat your varsity this year and last year. I don't know what next year holds but I know we'd beat you in 2009 and 2010. Straight up. Be glad you are getting us starting next year. You'll have a chance next year.

Come on 92. Last year? Boyle had a very, very good football team, but you have to admit that they struggled to beat several teams last year including Lone Oak in overtime in the state game. I was there and watched it. I'm not going to say Boyle was fortunate to win the game because it made some nice half time adjustments; then again, I think Lone Oak failed to make it's own adjustments. Many a coach watching the game in the Hilltopper room that day quietly commented that Lone Oak was actually the better team. Plus there was the three point win over Bell and the 8 point win over LexCath. All three teams were very fine teams and to Boyle's credit, they found a way to scratch out close wins. But Boyle was not a dominant team last year.

But other than Highlands 5 point win over Cincy X, a team that destroyed Trinity and beat Lou X fairly easily, no game was really even close for Highlands by end of third quarter last year. If you saw Highlands game against JH in the championship, you saw a dominant football team. I mean seriously, Highlands had roughly a 50-50 run pass team last year until the state game. JH came into that game with one of, if not the, state's leading defense against the run . What did Highlands do? They just ran the ball down JH's throat and only attempted 2 passes the entire game.

I don't know what would happen this year if the two played, as the Birds simply are not on last year's level, plus I haven't seen Boyle play this year. Perhaps Boyle is better. But stating that Boyle would definitely have beaten Highlands last year, greatly undermines the credibility of your statement that they would definitely beat Highlands this year.

Love to see fans zealously support their teams, but there comes a point when it becomes fanaticism.
charlie22 Wrote:Come on 92. Last year? Boyle had a very, very good football team, but you have to admit that they struggled to beat several teams last year including Lone Oak in overtime in the state game. I was there and watched it. I'm not going to say Boyle was fortunate to win the game because it made some nice half time adjustments; then again, I think Lone Oak failed to make it's own adjustments. Many a coach watching the game in the Hilltopper room that day quietly commented that Lone Oak was actually the better team. Plus there was the three point win over Bell and the 8 point win over LexCath. All three teams were very fine teams and to Boyle's credit, they found a way to scratch out close wins. But Boyle was not a dominant team last year.

But other than Highlands 5 point win over Cincy X, a team that destroyed Trinity and beat Lou X fairly easily, no game was really even close for Highlands by end of third quarter last year. If you saw Highlands game against JH in the championship, you saw a dominant football team. I mean seriously, Highlands had roughly a 50-50 run pass team last year until the state game. JH came into that game with one of, if not the, state's leading defense against the run . What did Highlands do? They just ran the ball down JH's throat and only attempted 2 passes the entire game.

I don't know what would happen this year if the two played, as the Birds simply are not on last year's level, plus I haven't seen Boyle play this year. Perhaps Boyle is better. But stating that Boyle would definitely have beaten Highlands last year, greatly undermines the credibility of your statement that they would definitely beat Highlands this year.

Love to see fans zealously support their teams, but there comes a point when it becomes fanaticism.

Your last sentence sums up my feelings about Highlands fans.

Last year if you had been at either Lexington Catholic game you would know that neither game was close as the score indicated. The first game the final score was 21-13 but the halftime score was 21-6. The coaches all but admitted to the world that we went vanilla in the 2nd half and let our defense finish out the regular season game because we knew we'd see them in the playoffs. In the playoffs we beat them 34-20 but LexCath scored a td with about a minute left to create the final margin. Bell County always has and always will be a close game. It's a defensive struggle when these two teams meet. As for the Lone Oak game, hmmmm, they didn't make adjustments and we did. And we won. Had you been on another website you would have seen me proclaiming all of last year that a great passing team will beat us and the best passing team in the state still couldn't beat us. Not to mention, have any of you Highlands folks come off of your high horse and given any team any credit in the last year or two? Do you honestly think you guys would have shut out or whipped Lone Oak or Bell County last year had you played them? I doubt it. Both teams would have given you guys fits if not beaten you. This whole attitude about Highlands team last year being on another level than KY football is the same fanaticism you accuse me of.

Now, on to your team last year. We, as in Boyle County, ended the season with the best defense in the state. We also ended the season with the best statistical running back who should have been Mr. Football last year as well. There was not one team that we played last year that could shut down Rees Macshara and I have absolutely no reason to believe that you guys would have. I also have no reason to believe that you guys had a better passing game than Lone Oak because I'll scream it to the high mountains THAT YOU WILL NOT RUN THE BALL ON US:ChairHit::ChairHit:, so you would have had to adjust your game plan properly to move the ball on us and I think we proved to the entire state last year that our coaching staff is more than capable to make the proper adjustments against a a good passing attack. Not to mention, you guys let JC score 21 points on you. They got 7 on us and it was a kickoff return. We also know that your best player was dinged up all last year and we know your team had a case of fumbilitis last year as well. So I'll say this, the team that would have won the turnover battle would have won that game. That's all I am going to give. I have absolutely no reason whatsoever to believe 100% that Highlands(2009) would have beaten Boyle County(2009) just because they finished ranked nationally in some poll where the one guy who makes it doesn't watch EVERY TEAM in the poll play or because they beat Cincy St. X or because your jersey says Highlands and because the whole city of Ft. Thomas thinks the 2009 Highlands team is the best ever. That's asinine. You can call it fanaticism or whatever we'll never know who would win but I'll always believe that 2009 Boyle County would beat 2009 Highlands which is why I believe 2010 Boyle County would beat 2010 Highlands.

Truth be told I think the 2011 Highlands is and should be the favorite over 2011 Boyle County because as of today, that's how I feel. I expect Highlands to beat us in week 0 in 2011.....but we shall see. Hopefully the 2011 Rebels surprise me and make me feel awful for not yet fully believing in them but my love for my Rebels will never wane but I am realistic.

On that same note......I could care less what you think about my credibility. I wish the game could have been played this year and last. The Boyle/Highlands series is 2-2 right now and at worst had we played this year and last year the series would still be tied at 3-3. At worst. Straight up.
PurplePride92 Wrote:Your last sentence sums up my feelings about Highlands fans.

Last year if you had been at either Lexington Catholic game you would know that neither game was close as the score indicated. The first game the final score was 21-13 but the halftime score was 21-6. The coaches all but admitted to the world that we went vanilla in the 2nd half and let our defense finish out the regular season game because we knew we'd see them in the playoffs. In the playoffs we beat them 34-20 but LexCath scored a td with about a minute left to create the final margin. Bell County always has and always will be a close game. It's a defensive struggle when these two teams meet. As for the Lone Oak game, hmmmm, they didn't make adjustments and we did. And we won. Had you been on another website you would have seen me proclaiming all of last year that a great passing team will beat us and the best passing team in the state still couldn't beat us. Not to mention, have any of you Highlands folks come off of your high horse and given any team any credit in the last year or two? Do you honestly think you guys would have shut out or whipped Lone Oak or Bell County last year had you played them? I doubt it. Both teams would have given you guys fits if not beaten you. This whole attitude about Highlands team last year being on another level than KY football is the same fanaticism you accuse me of.

Now, on to your team last year. We, as in Boyle County, ended the season with the best defense in the state. We also ended the season with the best statistical running back who should have been Mr. Football last year as well. There was not one team that we played last year that could shut down Rees Macshara and I have absolutely no reason to believe that you guys would have. I also have no reason to believe that you guys had a better passing game than Lone Oak because I'll scream it to the high mountains THAT YOU WILL NOT RUN THE BALL ON US:ChairHit::ChairHit:, so you would have had to adjust your game plan properly to move the ball on us and I think we proved to the entire state last year that our coaching staff is more than capable to make the proper adjustments against a a good passing attack. Not to mention, you guys let JC score 21 points on you. They got 7 on us and it was a kickoff return. We also know that your best player was dinged up all last year and we know your team had a case of fumbilitis last year as well. So I'll say this, the team that would have won the turnover battle would have won that game. That's all I am going to give. I have absolutely no reason whatsoever to believe 100% that Highlands(2009) would have beaten Boyle County(2009) just because they finished ranked nationally in some poll where the one guy who makes it doesn't watch EVERY TEAM in the poll play or because they beat Cincy St. X or because your jersey says Highlands and because the whole city of Ft. Thomas thinks the 2009 Highlands team is the best ever. That's asinine. You can call it fanaticism or whatever we'll never know who would win but I'll always believe that 2009 Boyle County would beat 2009 Highlands which is why I believe 2010 Boyle County would beat 2010 Highlands.

Truth be told I think the 2011 Highlands is and should be the favorite over 2011 Boyle County because as of today, that's how I feel. I expect Highlands to beat us in week 0 in 2011.....but we shall see. Hopefully the 2011 Rebels surprise me and make me feel awful for not yet fully believing in them but my love for my Rebels will never wane but I am realistic.

On that same note......I could care less what you think about my credibility. I wish the game could have been played this year and last. The Boyle/Highlands series is 2-2 right now and at worst had we played this year and last year the series would still be tied at 3-3. At worst. Straight up.

Funny how the years Highlands and Boyle don't play each other ('09, '10) you call it a Boyle victory. But next year when they actually will play, your picking Highlands the favor to win. :thatsfunn:thatsfunn:thatsfunn:Clap:
lovinfridaynights Wrote:Dude are u like a sexual predetor...all you talk about is about higlands freshman..so either you have the hots for one of the youngsters or your their dada...oh yeah and i cant wait for highlands and boyle to play next year lol...it will be funny to watch the birds fall.

It's a Highlands / Boyle FRESHMAN thread. What are they suppose to be talking about? The weather?:lmao:
PurplePride92 Wrote:Your last sentence sums up my feelings about Highlands fans.

Hey, I don't disagree that Highlands has some fanatics too. So you've got company in that category.

You just keep on believing what you want about last year. I said you had a very good team last year. I said your coaches made adjustments that enabled you to win the game. But I know what I saw; you struggled to beat LO, a team that was not on Highlands' level last year. I know what other Boyle fans that I've spoken to them said. I know what a whole lot of other football coaches in Ky told me. I know that a senior administrator at St X (Lou) told me: Highlands was the best team in the state last year (and he was including his team in that statement.

Games between good teams always come down to turnovers. So yes, if Highlands fumbled the ball alot against Boyle and Boyle didn't turn the ball over, I think Boyle would have won.

As to Boyle having the best defense last year, all I know is that heading into the state game, JH statistically had the best rush defense in the state. Their fans were saying the same thing you are saying: we couldn't run on them. With an all state RB and two all state O linemen (and a third O linemen who is starting this year as a frosh in college) on Highlands team, I wouldn't be quite so sure that we wouldn't have been able to run the ball on Boyle.

Rees was a very, very good running back last year. Nice young man also. I doubt we could have shut him down also.

As for the JC score, if you want to point out LexCath's late score, you may want to learn that JC scored very, very late against our subs. It was 42-14 until then. And as every JC fan will probably tell you, JC was a much, much better team at the end of the year than it was when you played them at the beginning of the year. Frankly the JC team we played at the end of last year was much closer to the JC team you played earlier this year (actually having seen JC play this year, I think the JC team last year was a little better because last year's O line was better).

Lone Oak had a very nice passing game last year; I agree. Not a strong run game however. That's a big difference between Highlands and LO that would have made Highlands much tougher for Boyle to defend. I think most football people accept that one dimensional teams are easier to defend and beat than teams that can both run and pass the ball well, which Highlands could last year.

And talking about high horses, I fully realize there were many Highlands fans going wacko last year. Check my posts and you will see that I was not one of them. No silly predictions by me of Highlands beating good teams by 50 points; no disrespectful posts by me about opponents. But your posts about Boyle definitely beating Highlands last year and this year is saddling right up next to the fanatic Highlands fans on another high horse. Perhaps they've driven you to make the same type of posts. I could see that happening to be honest.

Finally I have no reason to believe 100% that Highlands would have won over Boyle last year. Then again, what started our little exchange was you posting that Boyle would beat Highlands last year. I know of no good reason for you to be so confident that such would have occurred, particularly in light of the fact that every neutral person I've spoken with (as well as some friends from Boyle) disagree with you.

Love your support for Boyle though.
Everyone knows how dominate Highlands has been since going to 5a,but lets face 5a has been the weakest class in foot ball since the last realignment.
tradition Wrote:Funny how the years Highlands and Boyle don't play each other ('09, '10) you call it a Boyle victory. But next year when they actually will play, your picking Highlands the favor to win. :thatsfunn:thatsfunn:thatsfunn:Clap:

We are losing our starting qb, rb, 3 offensive lineman, 2 defensive linemen, 2 linebackers and a safety. All of whom(except for the qb) started the last two years. They are the reason I believe we win this year and last year. I call it being realistic.
PurplePride92 Wrote:We are losing our starting qb, rb, 3 offensive lineman, 2 defensive linemen, 2 linebackers and a safety. All of whom(except for the qb) started the last two years. They are the reason I believe we win this year and last year. I call it being realistic.

This coming out of Bell County. I've seen Boyle in 08 and 09. More than likely we'll see them again this year. I'll take up for a common opponent here. Boyle would be one hard egg to crack IMO.
Just to throw a ringer in it though (I know this is Boyle/Highlands thread) I'll take the 08 Bell team any day. Folks in Boyle wants to down play their team in 08 because they lost to Bell. That 08 Boyle team was as good if not better than 09. I know all the stats, scores, and accomplishments Boyle had in 09 but that 08 team was great. That Bell/Boyle game was every bit as good as the 09 game. It took a lot out of Bell as well. They struggled until after halftime with Bullitt East because of that IMO....
So I'll take Boyle's side on this debate with Highlands. Can't help it since I actually seen them play when I did not see Highlands play until State. I know that's not fair reasoning but I'm just throwing it out there anyway.
charlie22 Wrote:Hey, I don't disagree that Highlands has some fanatics too. So you've got company in that category.

You just keep on believing what you want about last year. I said you had a very good team last year. I said your coaches made adjustments that enabled you to win the game. But I know what I saw; you struggled to beat LO, a team that was not on Highlands' level last year. I know what other Boyle fans that I've spoken to them said. I know what a whole lot of other football coaches in Ky told me. I know that a senior administrator at St X (Lou) told me: Highlands was the best team in the state last year (and he was including his team in that statement.

Games between good teams always come down to turnovers. So yes, if Highlands fumbled the ball alot against Boyle and Boyle didn't turn the ball over, I think Boyle would have won.

As to Boyle having the best defense last year, all I know is that heading into the state game, JH statistically had the best rush defense in the state. Their fans were saying the same thing you are saying: we couldn't run on them. With an all state RB and two all state O linemen (and a third O linemen who is starting this year as a frosh in college) on Highlands team, I wouldn't be quite so sure that we wouldn't have been able to run the ball on Boyle.

Rees was a very, very good running back last year. Nice young man also. I doubt we could have shut him down also.

As for the JC score, if you want to point out LexCath's late score, you may want to learn that JC scored very, very late against our subs. It was 42-14 until then. And as every JC fan will probably tell you, JC was a much, much better team at the end of the year than it was when you played them at the beginning of the year. Frankly the JC team we played at the end of last year was much closer to the JC team you played earlier this year (actually having seen JC play this year, I think the JC team last year was a little better because last year's O line was better).

Lone Oak had a very nice passing game last year; I agree. Not a strong run game however. That's a big difference between Highlands and LO that would have made Highlands much tougher for Boyle to defend. I think most football people accept that one dimensional teams are easier to defend and beat than teams that can both run and pass the ball well, which Highlands could last year.

And talking about high horses, I fully realize there were many Highlands fans going wacko last year. Check my posts and you will see that I was not one of them. No silly predictions by me of Highlands beating good teams by 50 points; no disrespectful posts by me about opponents. But your posts about Boyle definitely beating Highlands last year and this year is saddling right up next to the fanatic Highlands fans on another high horse. Perhaps they've driven you to make the same type of posts. I could see that happening to be honest.

Finally I have no reason to believe 100% that Highlands would have won over Boyle last year. Then again, what started our little exchange was you posting that Boyle would beat Highlands last year. I know of no good reason for you to be so confident that such would have occurred, particularly in light of the fact that every neutral person I've spoken with (as well as some friends from Boyle) disagree with you.

Love your support for Boyle though.

I'd be shocked if JC had a better run defense than us. No one ran on us the way Rees ran on them.

I understand why everyone would pick Highlands over Boyle. Doesn't mean I have to. FYI, I have been wrong before but this argument cannot be proven.

I have yet to talk to a Boyle fan who thinks differently than I do about 2009 but some feel differently about 2010.

I can't pick 2009 Highlands over 2009 Boyle County "just because". Call me crazy I just feel like we would win.
charlie22 Wrote:Come on 92. Last year? Boyle had a very, very good football team, but you have to admit that they struggled to beat several teams last year including Lone Oak in overtime in the state game. I was there and watched it. I'm not going to say Boyle was fortunate to win the game because it made some nice half time adjustments; then again, I think Lone Oak failed to make it's own adjustments. Many a coach watching the game in the Hilltopper room that day quietly commented that Lone Oak was actually the better team. Plus there was the three point win over Bell and the 8 point win over LexCath. All three teams were very fine teams and to Boyle's credit, they found a way to scratch out close wins. But Boyle was not a dominant team last year.

You know Charlie, I heard all of this before. If you were on the other website or old KYPreps in 2000, All BCHS fans heard from NKY fans, "Wait till next year. You'll see what real football is like in 3A. You won't be able to compete." With almost no exception that was the mantra. And the faithful couldn't have been more wrong.

Purple very eloquently stated why the programs are closer than you believe and I find it interesting how the reasons change. I remember when the Rebels when to AAA it was the comparison of Lorenzen, Grover, Hamblin, Guidugli, et al. You just don't have those kind of players. Well the Rebels were pretty close if the lists of the ones who got schollys were posted.

Now, we can't compete because of the talent difference but as I posted before, Boyle has produced some fairly good talent in the last 3 years but one HHS supporter then tried to change it to a "you can't compare just on schollys" approach.

I guess it boils down to "how much respect is required by some faithful fans" before it is enough? Respect is usually mutual. I'm not seeing that much from your post. :Thumbs:
tradition Wrote:Funny how the years Highlands and Boyle don't play each other ('09, '10) you call it a Boyle victory. But next year when they actually will play, your picking Highlands the favor to win. :thatsfunn:thatsfunn:thatsfunn:Clap:

It's called "who do you have returning?" Compare the lists and see if Purple isn't being objective. :eyeroll:

Wow. That's classy. I'm not going to lump all the Boyle fans in with you. I root for Boyle when their not playing Highlands. I'll also take the higher road and refrain from the name calling. Not needed. The results speak for themselves.

Yeah, I wrote about the freshmen in the freshmen thread. Sounds like last nights beatdown hurt your pride a little. Thanks for allowing the freshmen to come down there on short notice and tuneup for their championship game next week. It was good to have a game where everyone could play significant minutes.
easyM Wrote:This coming out of Bell County. I've seen Boyle in 08 and 09. More than likely we'll see them again this year. I'll take up for a common opponent here. Boyle would be one hard egg to crack IMO.
Just to throw a ringer in it though (I know this is Boyle/Highlands thread) I'll take the 08 Bell team any day. Folks in Boyle wants to down play their team in 08 because they lost to Bell. That 08 Boyle team was as good if not better than 09. I know all the stats, scores, and accomplishments Boyle had in 09 but that 08 team was great. That Bell/Boyle game was every bit as good as the 09 game. It took a lot out of Bell as well. They struggled until after halftime with Bullitt East because of that IMO....
So I'll take Boyle's side on this debate with Highlands. Can't help it since I actually seen them play when I did not see Highlands play until State. I know that's not fair reasoning but I'm just throwing it out there anyway.

That is a great point. The 08 Bell team was a great team as was the 08 Boyle team. I remember seeing a lot of tears in Log Mountain. I think I had blocked that night out of my memory until just now.
PurplePride92 Wrote:That is a great point. The 08 Bell team was a great team as was the 08 Boyle team. I remember seeing a lot of tears in Log Mountain. I think I had blocked that night out of my memory until just now.

Last year's game was a battle for sure but that 08 game was one heck of a game. That one went right down to the end as well with more scoring though. Great game. These two teams have gave us a treat the last two years and might possibly do it again this year...
Wideleft01 Wrote:Wow. That's classy. I'm not going to lump all the Boyle fans in with you. I root for Boyle when their not playing Highlands. I'll also take the higher road and refrain from the name calling. Not needed. The results speak for themselves.

Yeah, I wrote about the freshmen in the freshmen thread. Sounds like last nights beatdown hurt your pride a little. Thanks for allowing the freshmen to come down there on short notice and tuneup for their championship game next week. It was good to have a game where everyone could play significant minutes.

I do not believe lovinfridaynights is from Boyle. So, thanks for not lumping. Don't know why his pride would be hurt, but I'm sure he thanks you for acting concerned. Also not sure as to what role he could have played in allowing your freshman to come down either.

Just to set the record straight. :biggrin:
I can't see that there's much benefit to discussing whether Highlands or Boyle County was better last year or this year, for a couple of reasons. First, they didn't/don't actually play each other in 2009 or 2010. Second, people on these websites (myself included) tend to be pretty passionate about their favorite team, and I think it's probably not realistic for many posters to be entirely objective and unbiased in their assessments.

One thing's for sure... HHS and BC have great programs!
jbwill2 Wrote:I can't see that there's much benefit to discussing whether Highlands or Boyle County was better last year or this year, for a couple of reasons. First, they didn't/don't actually play each other in 2009 or 2010. Second, people on these websites (myself included) tend to be pretty passionate about their favorite team, and I think it's probably not realistic for many posters to be entirely objective and unbiased in their assessments.

One thing's for sure... HHS and BC have great programs!

Dang it, jbwill.....we were having a perfectly good argument(that I was winning no less) until you provided the voice of reason.:igiveup:
^ lol