Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky 31 #10 South Carolina 28
I've been critcal of Hartline his entire career but he has played well this season. He picked apart the 10th ranked gamecocks defense tonight. The same D that held Bama to 21 points last week.
Aslan Wrote:Tale of two halfs.
The first half I was yelling for Steve Brown to be fired, the second I'm calling the man a genuis.
I know it's unlikely but if UK wins out, they could be playing in the SEC title game. Very unlikely, but a man can dream.

If I remember right last week, you said we wouldnt make a bowl game and now you think we have a chance at the SEC title. Anyways, great game tonight ,finally beat the the Ol ball coach! It was a great game and was glad to be there to witness it and it was awesome to storm the field while Spurrier runs off in disgust.
GO CATS!!! This group might be the most mentally tough UK team since the days of Bear Bryant. They get down but they claw back in to the game. I think this win might just give this team the confidence it needs to finish the year strong. When Randall Cobbs career is over at UK. He may be considered as one of the best athletes in ANY sport to ever attend UK. The guy has that same knack that John Wall did about being in the right place at the right time when the team needs him.
MVP2 Wrote:If I remember right last week, you said we wouldnt make a bowl game and now you think we have a chance at the SEC title. Anyways, great game tonight ,finally beat the the Ol ball coach! It was a great game and was glad to be there to witness it and it was awesome to storm the field while Spurrier runs off in disgust.

You do remember correctly. Funny how a big win like this can turn the entire season around. It's unlikely it will play out like that, but we can only hope fate is in our favor.
FBALL Wrote:I could care less that you could care less.

Hartline has played well all year and last year as well. You are more than welcome to keep your opinion. My opinion is you are dead wrong.

Bull****. Played well last year? He was mediocre at best. You're just like 90% of the other members on BGR, jumping on his back after a great game, just to jump right back off the next time he goes 14 for 35 with 0 TD and 2 INT's.

I call it like I see it, and I give him credit for these last two games. He's stayed calm, not tried to be a superstar, and has been very efficient. He didn't freeze up after being down by double digits in the last two games and made good throws that led to two great comebacks. But, I'm not jumping on the train yet. I just don't think the guy has what it takes to be a leader. It looked like he did tonight though, but I'm not sold yet. The way he handles Georgia next week I think will determine the rest of the season for him.
vundy33 Wrote:Bull****. Played well last year? He was mediocre at best. You're just like 90% of the other members on BGR, jumping on his back after a great game, just to jump right back off the next time he goes 14 for 35 with 0 TD and 2 INT's.

I call it like I see it, and I give him credit for these last two games. He's stayed calm, not tried to be a superstar, and has been very efficient. He didn't freeze up after being down by double digits in the last two games and made good throws that led to two great comebacks. But, I'm not jumping on the train yet. I just don't think the guy has what it takes to be a leader. It looked like he did tonight though, but I'm not sold yet. The way he handles Georgia next week I think will determine the rest of the season for him.

I'll agree with the bolded.
vundy33 Wrote:Wyndham did great the 1st half as well, he hit Garcia alot. He's a good player, anyone know what year he's in?

And I don't think those of us who hate Hartline are wrong, one game and you people are creamin' your jeans. He's not that **** good. Believe you me, I'll be the first to eat crow if he keeps this up.

He's only a sophmore, scary huh?
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:He's only a sophmore, scary huh?

Yeah really. UK has a reputation of putting out pretty good Defensive Lineman, I think he's the next big one. We have a pretty **** good defense, the playcalling is what's bringing us down. Brown tried to get in Garcia's head by blitzing the crap out of him, but it just didn't work in the 1st half at all. He let up on that bigtime in the 2nd half, and we all know what happened.

Gah, that game made my week.
vundy33 Wrote:Bull****. Played well last year? He was mediocre at best. You're just like 90% of the other members on BGR, jumping on his back after a great game, just to jump right back off the next time he goes 14 for 35 with 0 TD and 2 INT's.

I agree with you. He has moments that make him look like a legit d1 qb. But for the rest of the game he looks like a high school kid playing with the big boys. If he throws a 5 yard pass and it goes for a first down then who really made that happen?? I had the same problem with woodsen when he first started. He could throw down the field without getting picked or making a bad throw.
I personally just don't feel like we have a good shot at winning with him playing. I just can't make myself have confidence in him. And that don't feel to good when the other team takes any kind of lead
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
Great win for the Cats....Go Big Blue....
Hartline proves once again, that Joker and the coaching staff made the best decision.
I wish Joker would give some of them deadly halftime speeches pregame unless of halftime. It takes us to long to warm up, if we play like we have the last 3 2nd halves of each game, we might have been 6-1 instead of 4-3.
^ How do you know the coaching staff made the best choice in hartline?

And hartline was Awful last season.
MVP2 Wrote:Hartline proves once again, that Joker and the coaching staff made the best decision.

100% correct:Thumbs:
i remember watching tim couch throw bubble screens and craig yeast would break them for 60 yards. i could care less if he throws 5 yards dump passes all day as long and UK wins. does a 80 yard bomb for a td score more points than 8 10 yard passes for a td?
WOW !!! What a game, and just think if Morgan Newton were playing we'd probably be undefeated right now.

You might want to take me out of that 90% there chief. I have defended Hartline for two years. You can go back and look up the posts if you want. I have been just as consistant defending him as you have been cussing him.
I have sit back and not said one word until now, Vundy, you're an idiot if you don't think that Hartline is not one of the best quarterbacks in the SEC.... he has been on fire all season long, look at and honestly look at his TD ratio to his INT ratio..... Look at the comparison from last year to this year, there is no comparison, Hartline was and is the best prospect for this QB job at UK..... he is a proven leader and proven that he can get the job done and I believe that if the Defense would have done their part at Ole Miss, Hartline would have led us to victory at Ole Miss....
FBALL Wrote:I could care less that you could care less.

Hartline has played well all year and last year as well. You are more than welcome to keep your opinion. My opinion is you are dead wrong.

Agreed.

Vundy, I like you and all, but I have to disagree with you my friend.
GOOD JOB CATS. I was so glad to see the old ball coach Steve lose to old UK. I loved watching him on the sidelines getting mad. If Kentucky ever gets the chance I hope they put 50 on him like he did to us at Florida so much. The 2nd half was awesome I was like everyone else I thought it was over but Kentucky pulled it out. I would have liked to seen a little more of the WILDCOBB plays being used.
Now to Mike Hartline his sophmore year I was not a fan all he could throw was those 5 to 10 yard passes. I was glad to see Cobb taking snaps but Coach Brooks kept going back to Hartline. His junior year he was a little better but I still did'nt like him being behind center. Now this year I was surprised to see him on the field instead of Newton. Now I'm glad Hartline has come around He has come so far since his sophmore year he looks and acts like a QB. Joker made a good choice keeping him behind center. So Mike keep it up your looking good.
MVP2 Wrote:I wish Joker would give some of them deadly halftime speeches pregame unless of halftime. It takes us to long to warm up, if we play like we have the last 3 2nd halves of each game, we might have been 6-1 instead of 4-3.

I was telling someone the same thing after the game. This team could easily be in the top 20 right now if they could have pulled out the Auburn & Ole Miss game.
Navajo4life Wrote:I have sit back and not said one word until now, Vundy, you're an idiot if you don't think that Hartline is not one of the best quarterbacks in the SEC.... he has been on fire all season long, look at and honestly look at his TD ratio to his INT ratio..... Look at the comparison from last year to this year, there is no comparison, Hartline was and is the best prospect for this QB job at UK..... he is a proven leader and proven that he can get the job done and I believe that if the Defense would have done their part at Ole Miss, Hartline would have led us to victory at Ole Miss....

Exactly he is doing everything you could possibly ask of a QB under this offense. This is a pro style offense, we need a pocket passer, and hartline is the perfect qb for the situation.
Hartline proved that he's the best fit for QB
I've said it all year.....
He played GREAT in this one
I'm a huge Newton fan, think he brings more to the table with his abiltity to run...and he proved himself against SEC competition last season.

But Hartline is doing a good job at leading this team. He's 157/230, 68.3% completion (13th in the nation), 1,791 yards (16th), 13 TD's (23rd), and his passer rating is 149.7 (31st).

His completion pct. and rating is better than Woodson's 2007 totals 63.1% and 144.5.

Can they redshirt Newton and get him another season of eligibilty? That would be a nice problem to have.
I will say this and be done with this thread, beside the loss to Florida, Kentucky has lost two games by a combined total of 10 points and those two teams are not shabby teams, Auburn is ranked 4th in the BCS and we all know that it's hard to win on the road in the SEC, but Kentucky should have won at Ole Miss, we all know that. I look at the glass being half full for Kentucky and we will find out after Saturday Night if we're looking at a New Years Day Bowl or a trip back to Tennessee for a bowl game. However it is, I like the improvement that I'm seeing in the personnel at Kentucky with Jokers recruiting.
Navajo4life Wrote:I will say this and be done with this thread, beside the loss to Florida, Kentucky has lost two games by a combined total of 10 points and those two teams are not shabby teams, Auburn is ranked 4th in the BCS and we all know that it's hard to win on the road in the SEC, but Kentucky should have won at Ole Miss, we all know that. I look at the glass being half full for Kentucky and we will find out after Saturday Night if we're looking at a New Years Day Bowl or a trip back to Tennessee for a bowl game. However it is, I like the improvement that I'm seeing in the personnel at Kentucky with Jokers recruiting.

Good Post.:Thumbs:
Such a season defining win for the Wildcats. I am so proud of the way that these guys played. I am so happy to see this for Hartline. So many people have doubted his ability to lead this team (Myself included) after so many mistakes over the years but this one game is about as career defining as you can get. I loved the guts, intuition, and passion that Hartline, King, Cobb, and Mattews shown in our offense. I CAN NOT WAIT to see how this team responds to the big attention.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ahh glad to see UK pulled it out.. Great stuff.
Go CATS!!!
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Such a season defining win for the Wildcats. I am so proud of the way that these guys played. I am so happy to see this for Hartline. So many people have doubted his ability to lead this team (Myself included) after so many mistakes over the years but this one game is about as career defining as you can get. I loved the guts, intuition, and passion that Hartline, King, Cobb, and Mattews shown in our offense. I CAN NOT WAIT to see how this team responds to the big attention.

ME Either !