Poll: who wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Ashland
30.43%
Johnson Central
69.57%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central @ Ashland 10/8
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I believe that Ashland also had two weeks to prepare in 2008 and in 2009. Ashland usually plays Johnson Central tough but since Matney arrived, they have usually come up short. I am really tempted to predict a JC blowout because of the similarity of their team to Ironton, but the fact that Sheldon Clark held JC to 14 points worries me. So does the fact that JC was very fortunate to win last season's match-up on its home field.

This is the time of the season that JC's offense usually starts firing on all cylinders. I look for Tanner Bratton to be the key in this game. If Ashland cannot stop Bratton from picking up four or five yards a carry up the gut, then it will be a very long night for the Tomcats.
The two coaches game plans wont even remotely look anywhere close to one another. Sheldon Clark played a keep away, grind it out, run out the clock offense. Ashland will come out slinging it all over the field. Johnson Central had trouble scoring especially in the 2nd half, for the simple reason that they never had possession of the ball, except for I think maybe twice the entire second half..

Johnson Central will not be able to beat Ashland forever, but I dont think that it will be that year this friday. However, playing at Putnam with all of the (we'll be kind and we'll just call them variables) will make it much more difficult. Should be a real good ballgame.
Bob Seger Wrote:The two coaches game plans wont even remotely look anywhere close to one another. Sheldon Clark played a keep away, grind it out, run out the clock offense. Ashland will come out slinging it all over the field. Johnson Central had trouble scoring especially in the 2nd half, for the simple reason that they never had possession of the ball, except for I think maybe twice the entire second half..

Johnson Central will not be able to beat Ashland forever, but I dont think that it will be that year this friday. However, playing at Putnam with all of the (we'll be kind and we'll just call them variables) will make it much more difficult. Should be a real good ballgame.
:Thumbs: I agree on all counts. Hopefully, this game will not be decided by a last minute field goal. I hope that Johnson Central gets at least one questionable call in its favor early so that I can listen to Dicky Martin whine for the entire game. :biggrin:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I believe that Ashland also had two weeks to prepare in 2008 and in 2009. Ashland usually plays Johnson Central tough but since Matney arrived, they have usually come up short. I am really tempted to predict a JC blowout because of the similarity of their team to Ironton, but the fact that Sheldon Clark held JC to 14 points worries me. So does the fact that JC was very fortunate to win last season's match-up on its home field.

This is the time of the season that JC's offense usually starts firing on all cylinders. I look for Tanner Bratton to be the key in this game. If Ashland cannot stop Bratton from picking up four or five yards a carry up the gut, then it will be a very long night for the Tomcats.

Well judging by how bell co threw the ball Ashland should score 50 the ironton game the tomcats thought it was one before they stepped on the field and played with no intensity that will not be a issue come Friday
If Putnam Stadium had a golden dome and a huge painting of Jesus in the background.... Ashland would be the Notre Dame of high school football.

Johnson Central wins this game.
Hoot Gibson Wrote::Thumbs: I agree on all counts. Hopefully, this game will not be decided by a last minute field goal. I hope that Johnson Central gets at least one questionable call in its favor early so that I can listen to Dicky Martin whine for the entire game. :biggrin:
Ha five years later and still whining about that well we moved the goal post back to the goal line and widened it teen feet so coach matney can restrain himself from calling us cheaters
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Well judging by how bell co threw the ball Ashland should score 50 the ironton game the tomcats thought it was one before they stepped on the field and played with no intensity that will not be a issue come Friday
Ashland's win over a mediocre Waverly team was not very impressive either. Ashland is not Bell County. Neither is Johnson Central or Ironton. Anything could happen Friday night. Johnson Central could fumble a dozen times. But I think that Ashland's weaker schedule will hurt them and I will be shocked if Ashland scores anywhere near 50 points.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Ha five years later and still whining about that well we moved the goal post back to the goal line and widened it teen feet so coach matney can restrain himself from calling us cheaters
:lmao:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Ashland's win over a mediocre Waverly team was not very impressive either. Ashland is not Bell County. Neither is Johnson Central or Ironton. Anything could happen Friday night. Johnson Central could fumble a dozen times. But I think that Ashland's weaker schedule will hurt them and I will be shocked if Ashland scores anywhere near 50 points.

You obviously don't have a clue about the waverly game Ashland could have beaten them much worse, but they were subbing very early in the game. My nephew is a freshman an he was in early in the third.. Ashland will play there game and I know they are ****ry for this game after that upset last year. Yea I said Upset.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Ashland's win over a mediocre Waverly team was not very impressive either. Ashland is not Bell County. Neither is Johnson Central or Ironton. Anything could happen Friday night. Johnson Central could fumble a dozen times. But I think that Ashland's weaker schedule will hurt them and I will be shocked if Ashland scores anywhere near 50 points.

Ashland starters didn't play the second half of that game and it was 35-0 at half
BADCAT74 Wrote:You obviously don't have a clue about the waverly game Ashland could have beaten them much worse, but they were subbing very early in the game. My nephew is a freshman an he was in early in the third.. Ashland will play there game and I know they are ****ry for this game after that upset last year. Yea I said Upset.
Based on their playoff performance, that loss to Johnson Central last year was no upset. It was, however, almost an upset. If Ashland upsets JC Friday, it will have still been a pretty good run of district titles that Matney has put together.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Ashland starters didn't play the second half of that game and it was 35-0 at half
Waverly is now 0-6 and Massey has them ranked 628th in the state of Ohio. Ashland's schedule has been pretty weak this season and it only gets weaker after the Johnson Central game. It seems like the Tomcats would have put together a stronger schedule if they really expected to be competitive with the other teams in their region the past two seasons.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Waverly is now 0-6 and Massey has them ranked 628th in the state of Ohio. Ashland's schedule has been pretty weak this season and it only gets weaker after the Johnson Central game. It seems like the Tomcats would have put together a stronger schedule if they really expected to be competitive with the other teams in their region the past two seasons.

like i said the starters scored 35 in a half how much more were u wanting?
BADCAT74 Wrote:You obviously don't have a clue about the waverly game Ashland could have beaten them much worse, but they were subbing very early in the game. My nephew is a freshman an he was in early in the third.. Ashland will play there game and I know they are ****ry for this game after that upset last year. Yea I said Upset.

uh-oh thre big badcat has joined the thread u ready for more of last years smack talking lol:Thumbs:
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:like i said the starters scored 35 in a half how much more were u wanting?
I said the win was not very impressive. How impressive can a win over the 628th best team in Ohio be?
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I said the win was not very impressive. How impressive can a win over the 628th best team in Ohio be?

the game was played as a home and home and last year waverly was considered a quality opponent with there qb who is now at notre dame i believe but its not like they struggled with them they went on the road and did exactly what they were supposed to do
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:uh-oh thre big badcat has joined the thread u ready for more of last years smack talking lol:Thumbs:
A few Ashland fans always do quite a bit of smack talking but talking smack does not win district titles. I said that I was tempted to predict a blowout - but I think that Ashland will keep the game close as they usually do.

Leon Hart is a good coach and always puts together a good game plan for the Johnson Central game. He has also been very gracious in the post game interviews that I have heard following games in this series, regardless of the outcome.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:A few Ashland fans always do quite a bit of smack talking but talking smack does not win district titles. I said that I was tempted to predict a blowout - but I think that Ashland will keep the game close as they usually do.

Leon Hart is a good coach and always puts together a good game plan for the Johnson Central game. He has also been very gracious in the post game interviews that I have heard following games in this series, regardless of the outcome.

For the most part that is true, but not always my friend. I have heard him rattle on after getting drunk guzzling a quart of Dickie-Aide. Hasn't always been the most gracious at all times.

?????? Still trying to figure this out? :popcorn:
Ashland will need to put 50 on the board to have a chance to win. Not sure they can do that.
I look for JC to win and without much difficulty if they play anywhere near their potential. JC had a very tough schedule and by the time they got around to Bell they were were pretty well used up. They have had a week off and Matney will have them ready. Given Matney's sucess at Putanam and the fact Ashland can not show them anything they have not seen this year, look for JC to prevail. I think Cody Parker will be a spoiler. A couple of key passes to him will confuse and keep Ashland out of the box.
MonsterMan Wrote:I look for JC to win and without much difficulty if they play anywhere near their potential. JC had a very tough schedule and by the time they got around to Bell they were were pretty well used up. They have had a week off and Matney will have them ready. Given Matney's sucess at Putanam and the fact Ashland can not show them anything they have not seen this year, look for JC to prevail. I think Cody Parker will be a spoiler. A couple of key passes to him will confuse and keep Ashland out of the box.

Why not just tell it like it is? Bell was dang good, and we just got beat by a better team. There is no shame in that.

Hoot Gibson Wrote:Based on their playoff performance, that loss to Johnson Central last year was no upset. It was, however, almost an upset. If Ashland upsets JC Friday, it will have still been a pretty good run of district titles that Matney has put together.

Jcc playoff performance was non existent until a few yrs ago that hardly compares to ASHLANDS! Playoff performance....... :please: Jcc was a non factor since..... Ever! Until about 4 yrs ago How many region an state titles??
Eagle Eye Wrote:?????? Still trying to figure this out? :popcorn:

Well just keep figuring an eat your popcorn!:biggrin:
Badcat74
Remember J. Jackson(what have you done for me lately)
BADCAT74 Wrote:Jcc playoff performance was non existent until a few yrs ago that hardly compares to ASHLANDS! Playoff performance....... :please: Jcc was a non factor since..... Ever! Until about 4 yrs ago How many region an state titles??

Close the yearbook buddy because it's not helping you now. Some of you Ashland fans crack me up when you want to talk about the past and your state championships back in the leather helmet days. What does the past got to do with anything Friday night? You can tell that Johnson Central isn't afraid of your past and we all know Dixie wasn't last year so what does the past matter?
Bob Seger Wrote:For the most part that is true, but not always my friend. I have heard him rattle on after getting drunk guzzling a quart of Dickie-Aide. Hasn't always been the most gracious at all times.

Please explain I'm always amazed at how people take issue with Leon hart ?
I'll take Johnson Central.
don carlo Wrote:close the yearbook buddy because it's not helping you now. Some of you ashland fans crack me up when you want to talk about the past and your state championships back in the leather helmet days. What does the past got to do with anything friday night? You can tell that johnson central isn't afraid of your past and we all know dixie wasn't last year so what does the past matter?

It has EVERYTHING to do with this Friday an the next Friday nite...... But that's ok if you don't get it cause we understand if you've never had it "Tradition" state titles region an district titles, you couldn't possibly understand the feeling of playing in Putnam Stadium every Friday nite where all these great teams have played!! An besides your guys run will be over just as quickly as it came may not be this year but next? I dunno but...:popcorn: Ashland will carry on like it has for the last 90+ yrs of a winning tradition!!!
Bob Seger Wrote:Why not just tell it like it is? Bell was dang good, and we just got beat by a better team. There is no shame in that.

Bell is one of the top teams in the sate period ths year. The point I was making was to an earleir comment on how bad Bell beat us and how that made him feel better. If you think Bell beating us makes Ashland job easier go for it. JC had played several tough games thorugh the first part of the year, but Friday will be back to full force. We will see then if the tough schedule has helped.
BADCAT74 Wrote:Jcc playoff performance was non existent until a few yrs ago that hardly compares to ASHLANDS! Playoff performance....... :please: Jcc was a non factor since..... Ever! Until about 4 yrs ago How many region an state titles??

Does it really matter Ashland has a great tradition but the only thing that matters is the 11 players on the field friday night.