Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New KHSAA Alignment
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I bet there is nobody more upset with this than Corbin. All those easy district wins are going to turn into nightmares.
Its not a nightmare, glad to see the rivalry back, I have a friend that played for Bell and he told me that he hated seeing Corbin on the schedule it was one of the hardest hitting and toughest game on the schedule. Yes we were in a weak district and we have easy wins, but in the next few years our talent will be getting better.
The talk in Breathitt is that they will not be in 3A next year, but they instead will be moving down a class some how to 2A. Im not sure on all the details but thats what I have been told by many people around the program.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]
That Pretty Much Sums It Up.....
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
I just wish we could keep in the same district as Harlan Co. They are so close to me.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:They also play with ineligible players too. 2004.....:eyeroll:
That was one player, and happened one time! That could have happened to any team. It takes more than one kid to win a football game. Some people in this state are so jealous that they tell the same old lies time after time. Like the handful of mountain fans that still swear HHS is a private school. I played at HHS back in the early 70s and heard the same old crying and whining. None of it was true. HHS will continue to dominate forever because it's all about excellence. This is beat into their heads from birth. Mike Murphy used to yell, second place is for losers and he was right! A head coach that lost to HHS this year said HHS takes a 5'8" 170lb. kid and turns him into a maniac. We were told to separate our opponents head from the rest of his body. I personally tried to put someone in the hospital if possible. Sometimes I hear others say HHS can be beat with smash mouth football. HHS is smashmouth football! Shoot for excellence! do what it takes to bring yourselves up to HHSs level and show us what you got. Ft. Thomas Highlands= 20 in 10:1:
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:They also play with ineligible players too. 2004.....:eyeroll:

Hate to break the news to ya but the kid in '04 was eligible. Obviously you missed that news flash from the courts.:eyeroll:
cougarpride08 Wrote:I just wish we could keep in the same district as Harlan Co. They are so close to me.
LCC is fine in 4A, HC will continue playing them in non-district games each year.
my question is how do we know what teams are in which district with what other teams?
Don't know yet. That is yet to be decide officially.
tradition Wrote:Hate to break the news to ya but the kid in '04 was eligible. Obviously you missed that news flash from the courts.:eyeroll:

Then why did Bell Co get the "W"?
2dog Wrote:That was one player, and happened one time! That could have happened to any team. It takes more than one kid to win a football game. Some people in this state are so jealous that they tell the same old lies time after time. Like the handful of mountain fans that still swear HHS is a private school. I played at HHS back in the early 70s and heard the same old crying and whining. None of it was true. HHS will continue to dominate forever because it's all about excellence. This is beat into their heads from birth. Mike Murphy used to yell, second place is for losers and he was right! A head coach that lost to HHS this year said HHS takes a 5'8" 170lb. kid and turns him into a maniac. We were told to separate our opponents head from the rest of his body. I personally tried to put someone in the hospital if possible. Sometimes I hear others say HHS can be beat with smash mouth football. HHS is smashmouth football! Shoot for excellence! do what it takes to bring yourselves up to HHSs level and show us what you got. Ft. Thomas Highlands= 20 in 10:1:

Not when Bell Co led the whole game up till about 3 min to go when THAT 1 player scored the winning TD in that game. :dontthink
cougarpride08 Wrote:I just wish we could keep in the same district as Harlan Co. They are so close to me.

no way Letcher should be allowed to move up. what logical reason would there be, they already will play harlan in regular season if they arent in the dist. give me a good reason why move up.
letcher should be with Clay, knox, rockcastle. Play harlan reg season.
This Re-Alignment stuff isn't confusing until teams talk about playing up/down.

According to the article Boyle, Harrison County and Lexington Catholic are talking about moving up? Why not put them in the same district?
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Then why did Bell Co get the "W"?

That may change here real soon.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Not when Bell Co led the whole game up till about 3 min to go when THAT 1 player scored the winning TD in that game. :dontthink
Was he on the field by his self? How about the 10 others who were blocking for him? To say your team was beaten by one kid is a rather weak statement because it is impossible. If you couldn't stop that kid it was your own fault. HHS would never blame a loss on one kid on the opposition, that would seem way to weak. HHS will continue to be a winng program no matter what people think. Even though we hear the same lame excuses every year we have gotten used to it .:moon:
HHS in 3A, yeah... that would go over well with the rest of the state ya think??
Why are Shelby County and Martha Layne Collins being kept in 4A instead of moving up to 5A?
ryanblue1424 Wrote:Why are Shelby County and Martha Layne Collins being kept in 4A instead of moving up to 5A?

Both have 5A enrollment and playing 4A. Makes no sense what so ever. Maybe we will have another Mercer County and KHSAA state championship.
ryanblue1424 Wrote:Why are Shelby County and Martha Layne Collins being kept in 4A instead of moving up to 5A?

Hard to believe the KHSAA would allow something like this/
5A is going to be garbage with out highlands.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Hard to believe the KHSAA would allow something like this/

well i think because where they split a school khsaa wasnt sure what the exact number of students would be. they decided to keep them in 4A until they had a better grasp of how many students would be in each school.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Not when Bell Co led the whole game up till about 3 min to go when THAT 1 player scored the winning TD in that game. :dontthink

here a better ? who cares that was six years ago let get back to the topic of this thread plz :please: not trying to be mean to bell or highlands but this is not the time to be arugeing you both will win state this year so just be happy:Thumbs:
Benchwarmer Wrote:Hard to believe the KHSAA would allow something like this/

makes no difference what you think, but think about this HIGHLANDS :lmao:
Cats02 Wrote:makes no difference what you think, but think about this HIGHLANDS :lmao:

Do what?
In my opinion, this shakes up things quite a bit, from top to bottom.
johnnyt Wrote:well i think because where they split a school khsaa wasnt sure what the exact number of students would be. they decided to keep them in 4A until they had a better grasp of how many students would be in each school.

You have a point but both school's enrollment numbers are middle to upper 5A. I wouldn't think that their enrollment numbers would change that much.
Stardust Wrote:Lol, At least they did move up. Others are happy with the LACK of challenge and look at staying in their comfort zone as a good thing instead of having the guts to step up to a challenge.

I'll give Highlands it's due. They are one heck of a program. They win, win, and win more. That being said, they could have stopped at 4A and played and had much more competition than they do and have had in 5A. So I don't buy that argument at all. And some post I read where they wanted to stay with Cov Cath. Well, we know what kind of nose dive they have been in for years now. I won't argue the fact that they could win 4A but it sure wouldn't have been the cakewalk they've had in recent years.....
cavery59 Wrote:5A is going to be garbage with out highlands.

Why? Is all of the other classes besides 5a garbage now?
If you check the KHSAA rules when schools combine, for the first 2 years they can play at the level of the highest rated school going into the consol. Im guessing that is why the schools mentioned are allowed to play down. I have stated on this site before that when East Ridge combined they could have played Class A for 2 years but the Pike Co board made them play in the toughest 2A district With Belfry Prestonsburg and Sheldon Clark. Of course they got killed in those games and I think this helped keep the 80% of the school that were From Millard and Feds Creek {who had never had football} from wanting to play, helping create the struggle ER has suffered since.
The Pike County Board of Education does not dictate what classification teams play in. That is a KHSAA decision and a KHSAA decision only.

I can't believe anyone would blame East Ridge's problems in football on the Pike Co BOE making them play in 2A. No offense, but that is ridiculous.