Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 62 South Floyd 28
OffTheHook Wrote:I don't know the entire extent of his injury. What I do know though is that Prater is young, healthy and strong mentally and physically. Will he return this season...uh...NO. Baseball....Maybe. Want be throwing in curves or sliders. But, not like he threw many of those anyway...LOL. I speak from experience. I suffered this same type of injury. Plates and all. I was throwing a footbal and baseball with my son around 4 months later, all be it I was in a wheel chair. But, I was using that arm pretty regularly. But, like I said. I don't know the extent of the whole thing. That is between he and his family and no one else. But, the kid has a strong heart and strong will power. In my heart I feel he will be back next season just as strong as ever. Prater if you, your mom or dad read this. I will see ya in the next day or two and I will give ya some advice and some tips on what to expect with this. Love ya son. Hope ya get well by baseball season. Would love to see ya tossin that tater around the infield!
Of cource we all wish Prater a speedy recovery. We are all friends and fans of his and wish him the best,with an expedient return to sports. Of cource he and his family along with medical folks will make decisions in his best interest. That goes without saying. To suggest that he play in a cast under the circumstances,well that speaks for itself. Prater got his injury playing for his high school and doing what he loved to do. He can be applauded for that.
official45 Wrote:I am an official and i saw the game. The officials that called this game got everything right. The play where #45 got his arm broke was on a south floyd touchdown which was called back. The flag was laying right beside the kid while he was lying on the ground. And for the person that thinks the officials got the interception wrong, you need to look at a rule book. Log on to khsaa.org, there you will find rule books on kentucky football. If any official lets an interception from the endzone be returned for a touchdown needs to retake the officials test because the rule states that once the ball crosses the plane of the goal line and is recovered by the defense weather it is a fumble or interception it is called a touchback. Thank you to the football fans that uderstand most of the rules. And for the ones that dont you need to study up on them. Remember that Kentucky high school football is different than that of college and nfl, the rules are different. So next time before you run your mouth about something you dont know about think about the situation and see if you understand it. They are not there to screw the kids, they are there to make a game fair.

I watched this game on tv. I absolutley agree the officials got the call right where #45 got his arm broke. The SF back was 20-30 yards down field going in for the score and there was no reason and no place in football for a hit like that so far from the play. I wish #45 all the best in his recovery, he is one heck of an athlete. It is very sad to see a kids season and who knows maybe career be ended in such manner.

On a lighter note, I do disagree with you on the interception being called a touchback. The officials blew this call and if you where or are an official maybe you should retake the test. I have been in football for many years playing, officiating and coaching and I do have many rule books as there are several for KY HS football. Rule 8-5-3(d) states If Team A(offensive team) pass is the force which causes the ball to cross in the goalline, then an interception by B(defensive team) IF the ball BECOMES DEAD in the endzone, the result is a touchback. Team B MAY RUN THE BALL OUT of the endzone or may DOWN IT in the endzone. If Team B fummbles in the endzone and Team A recovers in the endzone, it is a touchdown for Team A. I think this rule clearly states the ball is live in the endzone until the defensive player takes a knee or is tackled in the endzone. The ball is live with a return possible. The officials may have got most calls right but they did miss this call.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:Of cource we all wish Prater a speedy recovery. We are all friends and fans of his and wish him the best,with an expedient return to sports. Of cource he and his family along with medical folks will make decisions in his best interest. That goes without saying. To suggest that he play in a cast under the circumstances,well that speaks for itself. Prater got his injury playing for his high school and doing what he loved to do. He can be applauded for that.

Don't put words in my mouth!!!!!!!!! I asked if he could play.... Nobody suggested that he play in the cast......
I didn't see the hit or watch it on TV, so I can't comment. But I hate it for the boy!
But I don't think anyone from SF got ejected, so I dunno where you guys got that from....
TATE_64 Wrote:Don't put words in my mouth!!!!!!!!! I asked if he could play.... Nobody suggested that he play in the cast......
I didn't see the hit or watch it on TV, so I can't comment. But I hate it for the boy!
But I don't think anyone from SF got ejected, so I dunno where you guys got that from....
Break this down Mr. T.I am a little confused. "Nobody suggested that he play in a cast".#8 post "He can play in a cast though can't he". I'm done. This dialog is going nowhere.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:Break this down Mr. T.I am a little confused. "Nobody suggested that he play in a cast".#8 post "He can play in a cast though can't he". I'm done. This dialog is going nowhere.
Dont try to take one post out of context, It was the 8th post in the thread. No one knew how serious the injury was when this was posted or atleast Mr T didnt. So why keep harping on it? No one suggested he play with a compound fracture he only said that he could maybe play if he had a cast on as OTHERS IN THE PAST HAS. Its over. Its football and even though it shouldnt happen things like this does. Now if your still confused I dont know what to tell you. good thing your done I guess.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:Break this down Mr. T.I am a little confused. "Nobody suggested that he play in a cast".#8 post "He can play in a cast though can't he". I'm done. This dialog is going nowhere.

Well Mr. C., since you can go back and read so well, why don't you read a few more posts, Nobody said anything about a compound fracture until post #11!!!!....

Can't he?.......pretty sure that was asking, but I didn't put a question mark, guess I should have... I dunno..... But I'm done going back and forth with you, its going nowhere.........

I hate it that the boy got hurt....
I didn't get to attend the game, but Im just wondering what in the world happened to SF the second half of this game? I was surprised at the final score, I figured this would have been a really close game
You have the right rule number and it is on page 69 of the NFHS football rules book, however it DOES NOT state if it becomes dead. The rule was changed in 2008 and it states in (Section 5-Art 3-d) A forward pass is intercepted in B's endzone and it becomes dead there in B's possession. Art 4- The team whose goaline is involved shall put the ball in play anywhere between the inbounds lines on its 20 yard line by a snap after a touchback and a free kick after a saftey.
I'm not sure about the rule, but I do know that back in my playing days (early 2000's) I seen quite a few INT's in the endzone that were returned, none for a TD but they did get ran out of the endzone. Never once seen one called a Touchback. Maybe that just goes to show how terrible the officiating is in EKY.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
Like u said in the early (2000's). The rule was changed in 2008. Making it dead once it enters the endzone. I am an official and i read the rule straight out of the book. At one time you were able to return it but now it is a rule that you are not allowed. That goes to show how stupid the fans are for not paying attention when a rule changed. If you think you know all the rules and regulations then you can referee the game and I will sit behind the fence and cuss you the whole friggin time. These rules change or are modified every year so what might think is the right thing because you saw or learned it last might not be the same this year. The way people act at games keep other people from officiating, making the association recruit new people to referee with little knowledge of the rules. If people learn to keep their mouths shut and just enjoy the games there would be veteran officials that would still be around. Remember it is not you out there playing. It is a bunch of kids. There is a law trying to get passed that will result in a felony for harrassing an official and will also ban the person from any kind on contest involving anyone under the age of 18.
How did Maldynados from Betsy Layne stand as a school record for a 104 yd interception return last year if the rule was changed in 08? It was posted earlier in this thread.
official45 Wrote:Like u said in the early (2000's). The rule was changed in 2008. Making it dead once it enters the endzone. I am an official and i read the rule straight out of the book. At one time you were able to return it but now it is a rule that you are not allowed. That goes to show how stupid the fans are for not paying attention when a rule changed. If you think you know all the rules and regulations then you can referee the game and I will sit behind the fence and cuss you the whole friggin time. These rules change or are modified every year so what might think is the right thing because you saw or learned it last might not be the same this year. The way people act at games keep other people from officiating, making the association recruit new people to referee with little knowledge of the rules. If people learn to keep their mouths shut and just enjoy the games there would be veteran officials that would still be around. Remember it is not you out there playing. It is a bunch of kids. There is a law trying to get passed that will result in a felony for harrassing an official and will also ban the person from any kind on contest involving anyone under the age of 18.
I think that if you will speak ro your county attorney you will find there is a current felony law covering the assault (physical) of an official and that it like wise covers teachers and others at the school.Before this law it would have taken a physical assault with serious bodily harm or a weapon to create a felony.Your C.A. will likely tell you that a felony harassment law will probably be highly unlikely. Not impossible. Finally , officials are paid to know the rules. The money may not be worth the effort in many games. When you make a call you can be assured that some love you and some hate you. Call it assumed entitlement(the price of admission). When you think about that's real sad.
I watched the Paintsville/Magoffin game(film). I thought Paintsville had a pretty good football team. South Floyd is still a much improved team from a year ago. They absolutely blew Jenkins off the field.