Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg 21 Belfry 6
Wow, very impressive win for P-Burg. Congrats
Special teams killed us along with P-burg being to throw to anyone at will
i am a Belfry fan to the bone but this team needs alot of work i call it as i
see it this isn't anything that can't be fixed alot of little things our defensive
backs look lost this is what we are going to have to work on special teams
and defensive backs good luck Pirates.
Trust me, the Pirates will come along. Turnovers made for a tough night, but it's the first game. As far as not playing with fire or being pumped, you should have been at the end of that tunnel like I was... Micah Mahon darn near trucked me. Those kids were hyped up, and we know Ashland will be a tough game, along with Holy Cross, Letcher, and Whitley...

But you can bet the Belfry Pirates will be prepared for the last 5 games... and I'm not talking about the last of those five being played in Paintsville..
There was one thing that really showed Belfry's youth. At the end of the 4th Belfry was driving. Their backs would be nearly out of bounds and turn back into blockers. They kept the clock running instead of going out and stopping the clock. These things are all easily taken care of as they gain experience. I think Belfry will end up a very solid team as usual.
Well, I missed another.
Westside Wrote:Well, I missed another.

i missed alot,lol, bad way to start off
First win at Belfry for Prestonsburg since the double OT classic in 2000.
Scary thing is, Prestonsburg only has 5 seniors on this seasons team.

Alex Griffith TE/LB
Trevor Stovall OL/LB
Max Turner OL/DL
Nathan Slone WR/DB
Zack Kendrick LB

Next few seasons should be exciting!
belfry needs some work at all positions .hopefully coach haywood will fix the problems.i also believe that the two outstanding freshmen could have helped the team friday night.especially the running back his running stlye was perfect for this game.hit the hole fast .were they at is the kid still playing. :ChairHit:
mr bojangles 007 Wrote:belfry needs some work at all positions .hopefully coach haywood will fix the problems.i also believe that the two outstanding freshmen could have helped the team friday night.especially the running back his running stlye was perfect for this game.hit the hole fast .were they at is the kid still playing. :ChairHit:

As good as those freshman are, they have 3 more years and will be State Champion contenders. Both those boys are considered small right now (assuming you're speaking of #6 and #9) and the LAST thing Coach Haywood needs is one of those big boys Prestonsburg had on defense ending a super freshman's career before it even starts. No need to rush those younger guys into Friday night situations.
Belfry0304 Wrote:As good as those freshman are, they have 3 more years and will be State Champion contenders. Both those boys are considered small right now (assuming you're speaking of #6 and #9) and the LAST thing Coach Haywood needs is one of those big boys Prestonsburg had on defense ending a super freshman's career before it even starts. No need to rush those younger guys into Friday night situations.

one of those boys is his son i believe..
my son went to pikeville. i am very familiar with the two freshman on belfrys roster. been watching one since kindergarden. and the other one since 7th grade.they both are talented.wouldlove to have them on this side of the mountain. i was just wondering were the running back was at. never saw him on offence nor defence.and from watching him play i know he is a db too with run down speed. well anyway i hope youfix the problem on pond creek.coach haywood is a fine coach and would never second guess him.he knows football.if he feels they are not ready then papa knows best:eyeroll:
Well, if you'd like to private message me I go to Belfry I might be able to find an explanation for you.

I spoke to a Coach after dying my hair Thursday night who told me "They're not ready" --- We'll give them a few weeks and they'll be ready, nothing's important until October 8th, and nothing's REALLY important til the week after Johnson Central.
Anyone have a link to Belfry roster?

I saw Blake Newsome in street clothes, is he not playing?
NEXT Wrote:Anyone have a link to Belfry roster?

Next,
Blake didnt' come out for football this year. Not sure about why but he didn't start from the first day....

We have quite a few injuries right now but I do believe that given a couple more weeks..... this team will be right where they need to be and I'm sure Coach will do everything that needs to be done to get there!! Smile:Thumbs:

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
mr bojangles 007 Wrote:my son went to pikeville. i am very familiar with the two freshman on belfrys roster. been watching one since kindergarden. and the other one since 7th grade.they both are talented.wouldlove to have them on this side of the mountain. i was just wondering were the running back was at. never saw him on offence nor defence.and from watching him play i know he is a db too with run down speed. well anyway i hope youfix the problem on pond creek.coach haywood is a fine coach and would never second guess him.he knows football.if he feels they are not ready then papa knows best:eyeroll:

The rolleyes icon at the end of your comment was very unclassy. If a freshman is ready to take the field, you better believe he would put them out there. Peyton Mullins is a fine example of that. He started last year as a freshman. Although we as fans, family, and onlookers feel they could be an asset to the team, evidently they (the coaching staff) see things in practice that leads them to believe that they would jeopardize their health or basically, these young men just aren't ready! They will be there when the time comes.... and you were right about one thing..... "Papa Haywood", DOES know best when it comes to THIS team!TongueirateSho

First cograts t o p-burg, they played more inspired and with less mistakes, they also made a big play when they needed to. Goodluck the rest of the season. All the way to state. Now for my beloved pirates, first ill say some good things, the running backs had improved from the scrimage, 2nd #61 and 50were putting people on there butt all night, mahon and gibbs looked good on d put hardin in the mix full time and we will be very tuff inside. Now the team imo played uninspred, i said the o-line played like that in the scrimage and it carried over, lot of work to be done with the exeption of 61 and 50, second if i stood on the sidelines for bhs friday come monday practice i would ask to tryout foe d-end, they got whipped all nightand it didnt seem to bother them, mistakes were made. Thats to be expected, those can be fixed, but to play and not be inspired thats scary
I actually thought #23 showed a lot of potential for such a young kid. Made some mistakes for sure, but still. And at DE, wasn't Bently out with injury? He is one of the team's best defenders is he not?

The more I reflect on the game, Belfry just seemed very unpolished in the early opener. Prestonsburg executed so much better and were comfortable in their own skin.

As for the freshmen, I agree a part of my was like, "put em in for a series and see what happens." Then I looked up the name and matched it to the young man on the sideline. WOW, he is 120 lbs soaking wet. We all need to be patient on the future stars and let them grow into their bodies. From looking at the past, these young men make HUGE strides physically between their Frosh and Sophmore years. Those talented Freshmen will be ready for Friday Night Lights next year IMO!
Good win for P-Burg
Pics from Friday's game:

http://blackcatfootball.com/photos.htm

yea and he said hes thinking about not playing any MORE period....i hope he changes his mind,still trying to talk him into playing next year...

Here is there roster from KHSAA.org
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Pics from Friday's game:

http://blackcatfootball.com/photos.htm

i never could get them to pull up..
^Works for me.
cuppett777 Wrote:good post

This post sums it all up!!! When you leave a wideout wide open, drop two potential TDs off play action, fumble two punts, throw an int. and do not have any fire in your belly till too late, this happens. Prestonsburg did not have a turnover as well. Look for some position changes for the Pirates this week and congrats to Pburg on a nice win.
bucslover68 Wrote:This post sums it all up!!! When you leave a wideout wide open, drop two potential TDs off play action, fumble two punts, throw an int. and do not have any fire in your belly till too late, this happens. Prestonsburg did not have a turnover as well. Look for some position changes for the Pirates this week and congrats to Pburg on a nice win.

so little words, but such a BIG statement,thats just plain and simple...
I still believe this is going to be a good prate team, the secondary is only going to get better and the o-line, most of these kids had only played when bhs was way up, they will learn teams dont roll over for belfry. Belfry has to roll them, i believe they will be more fired up from here on out. And if anyone is interested bhs jv put it on p-burg last night 32-0. Bhs jv is mostly frosh but the soph really looked good. Francisco had 2 pick 6, tuffy and james may dominated the d-line. The frosh sani, carr looked good and timmy may had about 150 yds rushing
Congrats to the JV on their first win of the season.... Smile

Belfry will be fine.... just fine!

congrats to the jv