Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Source: UK Basketball Under Investigation?
Ballers Wrote:Per TMZ.com

http://www.tmz.com/2010/07/02/university...ncaa-probe

No surprise here.
Stardust Wrote:Yes - the first one's to announce that Michael Jackson was dead and Tiger Woods had the accident and then was having an affair. So it's not the National Enquirer.
The National Enquirer has more credibility than TMZ does. The National Enquirer took down John Edwards and is in the process of taking down Al Gore and along with him (hopefully), the whole global warming hoax.

I agree with you about Coach Cal. UK fans knew what we were getting when Coach Cal was hired - extra NCAA scrutiny. However, I don't think that a school should be held responsible for the actions of high school players or college players unless those actions could have been reasonably known by the school. If a person wants to take cash from an agent and keep his mouth shut about the payments and maintain a low profile (i.e., no flashy sports cars or expensive bling), how is a coach supposed to know and why should a team be punished?

If it can be proven that UK and its coach maintain willful ignorance of rules violations, then fans should not complain when the NCAA brings down the hammer again. Otherwise, it is time that these players start being held accountable for their own rules infractions.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:The National Enquirer has more credibility than TMZ does. The National Enquirer took down John Edwards and is in the process of taking down Al Gore and along with him (hopefully), the whole global warming hoax.

I agree with you about Coach Cal. UK fans knew what we were getting when Coach Cal was hired - extra NCAA scrutiny. However, I don't think that a school should be held responsible for the actions of high school players or college players unless those actions could have been reasonably known by the school. If a person wants to take cash from an agent and keep his mouth shut about the payments and maintain a low profile (i.e., no flashy sports cars or expensive bling), how is a coach supposed to know and why should a team be punished?

If it can be proven that UK and its coach maintain willful ignorance of rules violations, then fans should not complain when the NCAA brings down the hammer again. Otherwise, it is time that these players start being held accountable for their own rules infractions.

:Thumbs::worthy:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:The National Enquirer has more credibility than TMZ does. The National Enquirer took down John Edwards and is in the process of taking down Al Gore and along with him (hopefully), the whole global warming hoax.

Wish it worked that way but just like in real life, the parent is responsible for the child. Same is true in college athletics. I lived it with Huggins. If you don't want to take a chance to taint your record (or have your final fours taken away), recruit players with clean backgrounds. What is it, YOU REAP WHAT YOU SEW!
Stardust Wrote:Wish it worked that way but just like in real life, the parent is responsible for the child. Same is true in college athletics. I lived it with Huggins. If you don't want to take a chance to taint your record (or have your final fours taken away), recruit players with clean backgrounds. What is it, YOU REAP WHAT YOU SEW!
There is no guarantee that kids with clean backgrounds will not take cash from an agent on the down low. Why should a college coach or teammates be penalized for another kid's actions?

Take UK's program under Eddie Sutton, for example. Who was penalized and who really deserved the penalties? Eddie Sutton, who should have been banned for life from coaching at another NCAA school just returned to his former job. Chris Mills, who would have been the beneficiary of the cash that Casey Fed-exed, was able to transfer and play the next season for Arizona.
Stardust Wrote:Why does the NCAA want to get Cal so bad?

Because they are confident that he has done wrong in the past and they have not been able to tie things together yet?

It's like the Godfather. The law knows he's dirty, but the people in the community believe he is their for the good of humanity. It's not like the cops target bad guys to go after if they don't really think they are bad.

We UK fans wanted to get back into national prominance, well we now have it. We will be in contention for National titles in one season, and having it stripped the next.

He has a history of cheating and vacating wins. He did the same thing at Memphis that he did at UMass.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:He has a history of cheating and vacating wins. He did the same thing at Memphis that he did at UMass.

Cal Told MArcus Camby To Accept Money From an Agent?

And He cleared derick rose to play?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Cal Told MArcus Camby To Accept Money From an Agent?

Good points.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:There is no guarantee that kids with clean backgrounds will not take cash from an agent on the down low. Why should a college coach or teammates be penalized for another kid's actions?

Take UK's program under Eddie Sutton, for example. Who was penalized and who really deserved the penalties? Eddie Sutton, who should have been banned for life from coaching at another NCAA school just returned to his former job. Chris Mills, who would have been the beneficiary of the cash that Casey Fed-exed, was able to transfer and play the next season for Arizona.

They caught Eddie Sutton because they found wrong doing. If you want to know why the NCAA has been going so hard after Cal over the years it's because they have not been able to link him directly. If they felt he was 100% clean, do you think they would still be going after him so hard? C'mon, let's not be naive, if they have looked into every program that he has been at, then it's just purely BAD luck that Cal has been at the wrong school at the wrong time :dontthink
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Cal Told MArcus Camby To Accept Money From an Agent?

No, they have not been able to PROVE that he told them that :yawn:
So, hypothetical question --- UK Player violates as they say he has, NCAA vacates all wins from this past season. Does that make North Carolina the first to 2000 wins?
Stardust Wrote:No, they have not been able to PROVE that he told them that :yawn:

Then he has done nothing wrong.
Belfry0304 Wrote:So, hypothetical question --- UK Player violates as they say he has, NCAA vacates all wins from this past season. Does that make North Carolina the first to 2000 wins?

Yes.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Yes.

I just threw-up in my mouthTongueuke:
Stardust Wrote:They caught Eddie Sutton because they found wrong doing. If you want to know why the NCAA has been going so hard after Cal over the years it's because they have not been able to link him directly. If they felt he was 100% clean, do you think they would still be going after him so hard? C'mon, let's not be naive, if they have looked into every program that he has been at, then it's just purely BAD luck that Cal has been at the wrong school at the wrong time :dontthink
Hey, I already said that UK fans should have expected the extra scrutiny because of the close calls Cal has had in the past. But it is possible that players can take cash and avoid discovery by a coach. All I am saying is that coaches and players deserve more punishment in cases where they are directly involved in rules violations. That did not happen to Sutton or Mills. UK suffered and Mills and Sutton escaped without a slap on their wrists. The biggest victim of all was Eric Manuel, who may or may not have been guilty of cheating on his ACT but was slapped with a lifetime ban by the NCAA while the Suttons dealt with their own problems.

The NCAA penalizes schools because they have the deep pockets but punishing coaches and players would be more effective, IMO.
Either way I am behind Cal, I am glad he is our coach.. Whether UK gets penalized or not I will stand behind him and say I am glad to have him in the Big Blue Nation!!!! We will be contenders for the NCAA championship for years to come as long as we have Cal, so I am very pleased with that.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Hey, I already said that UK fans should have expected the extra scrutiny because of the close calls Cal has had in the past. But it is possible that players can take cash and avoid discovery by a coach. All I am saying is that coaches and players deserve more punishment in cases where they are directly involved in rules violations. That did not happen to Sutton or Mills. UK suffered and Mills and Sutton escaped without a slap on their wrists. The biggest victim of all was Eric Manuel, who may or may not have been guilty of cheating on his ACT but was slapped with a lifetime ban by the NCAA while the Suttons dealt with their own problems.

The NCAA penalizes schools because they have the deep pockets but punishing coaches and players would be more effective, IMO.

My comment was not directed "at" you. I agree with what you are saying. I agree with your assertion that we, as UK fans, will and should expect this every year. As I have mentioned before, the NCAA is out to get Cal. The question is "Why"? IMO, it is because they have not caught him yet, but they certainly have reasonable doubt that his ship is clean. If UK fans want to put the cloak over their eyes and make this about "Why is the NCAA picking on us", it's because of Cal.
Ballers Wrote:Either way I am behind Cal, I am glad he is our coach.. Whether UK gets penalized or not I will stand behind him and say I am glad to have him in the Big Blue Nation!!!! We will be contenders for the NCAA championship for years to come as long as we have Cal, so I am very pleased with that.

I have said it many times, Cheat but cheat good and put more banners in the rafters!
Ballers Wrote:Either way I am behind Cal, I am glad he is our coach.. Whether UK gets penalized or not I will stand behind him and say I am glad to have him in the Big Blue Nation!!!! We will be contenders for the NCAA championship for years to come as long as we have Cal, so I am very pleased with that.

That's a load of crap. If UK gets put on probation and has the 30+ wins they got this year taken away you'll be all over Calipari, you may not say it, because I made this post, but you will despise him in your heart. The same you UK fans do Billy Clyde and all he did was suck as a coach and treat some players bad.
PC_You_Know Wrote:That's a load of crap. If UK gets put on probation and has the 30+ wins they got this year taken away you'll be all over Calipari, you may not say it, because I made this post, but you will despise him in your heart. The same you UK fans do Billy Clyde and all he did was suck as a coach and treat some players bad.

Say what!!! You never cease to amaze me with your stupidity. "All he did was suck as a coach and treat some players bad". What the heck are you trying to say??? Please explain.:eyeroll:
superfreak Wrote:Say what!!! You never cease to amaze me with your stupidity. "All he did was suck as a coach and treat some players bad". What the heck are you trying to say??? Please explain.:eyeroll:

I said all I needed to say. Calipari hasn't gotten UK into any trouble, but if he did UK fans would treat him as bad as Billy Clyde, even though Billy Clyde never got UK into any trouble probation and scholarship wise. Thanks for calling me stupid.
:thanks:
PC_You_Know Wrote:That's a load of crap. If UK gets put on probation and has the 30+ wins they got this year taken away you'll be all over Calipari, you may not say it, because I made this post, but you will despise him in your heart. The same you UK fans do Billy Clyde and all he did was suck as a coach and treat some players bad.

No it's not a load of crap, and if your referring to this thread, actually I am the creator of it so shut the **** up. I have about heard enough of your mouth you big baby.. Go somewhere else and cry because Duke is terrible and everyone knows they didn't deserve the championship. :thanks:
PC_You_Know Wrote:I said all I needed to say. Calipari hasn't gotten UK into any trouble, but if he did UK fans would treat him as bad as Billy Clyde, even though Billy Clyde never got UK into any trouble probation and scholarship wise. Thanks for calling me stupid.

As a UK basketball fan you have to realize what kind of pedastile as a coach you are put on.. All fans take UK ball seriously and if you want to coin the 18%er comment go ahead cause I can promise you noone cares what you think.. Ppl jumped Billy Clyde because he was too busy drinking and driving other than getting us into being a warmachine in the NCAA tourney.
Ballers Wrote:As a UK basketball fan you have to realize what kind of pedastile as a coach you are put on.. All fans take UK ball seriously and if you want to coin the 18%er comment go ahead cause I can promise you noone cares what you think.. Ppl jumped Billy Clyde because he was too busy drinking and driving other than getting us into being a warmachine in the NCAA tourney.

You cared enough about what I thought to reply.
Stardust Wrote:I have said it many times, Cheat but cheat good and put more banners in the rafters!

Yeah, too bad ppl want to criticize Cal and his recruiting. I guess "some people (coaches) have it, others don't".. Cal does in this case.
PC_You_Know Wrote:You cared enough about what I thought to reply.

Actually I've been keeping what thoughts I have to myself since the whole thread was started.. Its morons like you that don't deserve and shouldn't have the privlage to post.
Ballers Wrote:Actually I've been keeping what thoughts I have to myself since the whole thread was started.. Its morons like you that don't deserve and shouldn't have the privlage to post.

LOL...morons like me...you're the one who said last year's UK team would beat last year's Duke team 9/10 times. And I'm the moron?:eyeroll:
PC_You_Know Wrote:LOL...morons like me...you're the one who said last year's UK team would beat last year's Duke team 9/10 times. And I'm the moron?:eyeroll:

If your referring to the Wall, Bledsoe, Orton, Cousins, team against your Singler/Scheyer team.. Then yes.. That's correct. I would also say that 90% of NCAA fans would agree there big time. Let's take a poll shall we?
PC_You_Know Wrote:I said all I needed to say. Calipari hasn't gotten UK into any trouble, but if he did UK fans would treat him as bad as Billy Clyde, even though Billy Clyde never got UK into any trouble probation and scholarship wise. Thanks for calling me stupid.

:Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs:
Aslan Wrote::Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs:

I see that you have your L-ville hat on Aslan.