•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will be Shelby Valley's next coach?
NEXT Wrote:This job will be Hatcher's, a coach with a similar resume, or someone with ties close to the Virgie/Dorton area.

I think if they decide to hire someone with ties to the area, it will be Doe-Doe Rowe, who has done a good job at Virgie Middle.

But I personally think they will look outside the Shelby Valley community to someone with more head coaching experience, perhaps someone like Raymond Justice.

I also saw Allen Hatcher mentioned a couple times on this thread. He has been a very good coach, but is he looking to leave the Perry County area? If so, he would be a good hire as well.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Will the administration drag their feet like they did with the football hire?

Is the school getting a new principal? If so the replacement could make or break one potential candidate.
5timechamp Wrote:Will the administration drag their feet like they did with the football hire?

Is the school getting a new principal? If so the replacement could make or break one potential candidate.
i dont think they will drag their feet cause shelby valley is a basketball school. basketball is extremly important over there. and the reason he took so long to get a football coach is because they gave it to the very last person they could..lol

and i have heard that the principal could be leaving this year.
I really don't know what they will do, but I would like to see Coach Davis at Dorton Middle have a chance at the job, he does a fantastic job with that program and is a first class person.
^ It's a completely different animal going from 12-14 yo, to 17-19. It's a pretty big jump without having some HS background. Has he every coached HS aged kids before?
They would be crazy not to take Raymond Justice. You not only get a good, experienced coach, but you also get the best middle school player around here. His son could actually start for them next year. So you get a package deal if you do that. Not to mention, Justice has won a few regional championships as well.
TimTheToolManTaylor Wrote:They would be crazy not to take Raymond Justice. You not only get a good, experienced coach, but you also get the best middle school player around here. His son could actually start for them next year. So you get a package deal if you do that. Not to mention, Justice has won a few regional championships as well.
how do you kno raymond will apply?
What about Jeff honeycutt? Brian Johnson from Jenkins maybe interested.Also,Clay Campbell from Pike County!!!
This is hilarious. Should be a barrel of laughs from now until the time the coach is hired.
i heard today from a good source that it is greg newsomes if he wants it.
Icey Hot Wrote:i heard today from a good source that it is greg newsomes if he wants it.

Of course he could get it if he wanted it. That's no news. But he doesn't want it.
Uncle Fester Wrote:Of course he could get it if he wanted it. That's no news. But he doesn't want it.

but i dont see him taking it. he wouldnt be able to follow his son. and thats something he has always done. but i could see him being an assistant.
does anybody have an idea on how long this will take?
I hear Raymond Justice is to be named AD at East Ridge and still keep BB job...
North Carolina Fan Wrote:[/B]
What about the assistant coach at Pikeville -May? He has a lot of experience at coaching (20 plus years) and could get players at Shelby Valley ready to win the regional again.
:Thumbs:

I second that! He hasnt had much success except for JV ball. I think Randy Davis is the best choice and deserves the chance if they are gonna go with someone locally.
Icey Hot Wrote:how do you kno raymond will apply?

Nobody knows if he will. I just saw where someone had mentioned his name. I was just saying that out of all the names mentioned he would be the best and that if I were them I would go after him.
Uncle Fester Wrote:This is hilarious. Should be a barrel of laughs from now until the time the coach is hired.

I know, some of the names on here are hilarious.

I don't think it will be Coach Justice.

Hatcher will be first person they go after then its a toss up if he turns it down.
NEXT Wrote:I know, some of the names on here are hilarious.

I don't think it will be Coach Justice.

Hatcher will be first person they go after then its a toss up if he turns it down.

I agree some names on here are funny. Like Rodney Rowe or some names I've never heard of..lol

I say the top 3 (assuming Greg newsome doesn't want it) will be

1). Alan Hatcher
2). Raymond Justice
3). Doe Doe Rowe
I can't see Valley going backwards . They have had a taste of the top now they'll try to bring a coach in with a good record of winning tournaments . I can't see them pulling a UK/Gillispie hiring someone who wants to build a reputation BUT this will work . Their is some good coaches out there that will come . Valley has started a basketball dinesty . Don't throw it away with a loser . This reminds me of a phrase I have heard ," You build it and they will come." You want a coach that young men will transfer there to play for . And heres a coach with a good record and maybe that drawing power that may work . Ladys and gentlemen the next coach of Shelby Valley could be J R VANHOOSE a proven winner. think about it a big coach , div1 experience , Valley getting a big freshman group next year . This guy can coach big tall kids . That would bring down the house in the Valley , next year. The fans would love it.
bluebloodedcatfan Wrote:I can't see Valley going backwards . They have had a taste of the top now they'll try to bring a coach in with a good record of winning tournaments . I can't see them pulling a UK/Gillispie hiring someone who wants to build a reputation BUT this will work . Their is some good coaches out there that will come . Valley has started a basketball dinesty . Don't throw it away with a loser . This reminds me of a phrase I have heard ," You build it and they will come." You want a coach that young men will transfer there to play for . And heres a coach with a good record and maybe that drawing power that may work . Ladys and gentlemen the next coach of Shelby Valley could be J R VANHOOSE a proven winner.

Do you know something we don't? That you would Like to share?
i think that Raymond Justice should be the coach because due to the fact that he can bring his son with him
bluebloodedcatfan Wrote:I can't see Valley going backwards . They have had a taste of the top now they'll try to bring a coach in with a good record of winning tournaments . I can't see them pulling a UK/Gillispie hiring someone who wants to build a reputation BUT this will work . Their is some good coaches out there that will come . Valley has started a basketball dinesty . Don't throw it away with a loser . This reminds me of a phrase I have heard ," You build it and they will come." You want a coach that young men will transfer there to play for . And heres a coach with a good record and maybe that drawing power that may work . Ladys and gentlemen the next coach of Shelby Valley could be J R VANHOOSE a proven winner. think about it a big coach , div1 experience , Valley getting a big freshman group next year . This guy can coach big tall kids . That would bring down the house in the Valley , next year. The fans would love it.

That would be awesome, but I see Hatcher being the next coach.
That is a joke to say they would hire Vanhoose.He does not work with his girls.When you go to the gym ansd leave after 30 minutes and only play knockout!!!!!! Valley can and will do alot better..
Doe-Doe Rowe deserves this job. He has been skipped over once and has put his time at both the high school level and the middle school level. He will loyal to the program, the kids, and the community. He also understands the meaing of basketball to the community. Doe-Doe understands the game and is a student of the game, he is always looking for ways to get the upper hand as far as xs and os go.
I think that Hatcher will be on campus to check everything out because he does on every other job. Don't get me wrong he is a fantastic coach but I can't believe that PCC lets him play them like he does. So Hatcher will be mentioned but Raymond Justice will be the next coach at Shelby Valley and I have no insight this is just my opinion
CoachM Wrote:I think that Hatcher will be on campus to check everything out because he does on every other job. Don't get me wrong he is a fantastic coach but I can't believe that PCC lets him play them like he does. So Hatcher will be mentioned but Raymond Justice will be the next coach at Shelby Valley and I have no insight this is just my opinion

I hope you are right bud! I think it is a good match for the next group of kids coming through valley
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Tubby Lover Wrote:That is a joke to say they would hire Vanhoose.He does not work with his girls.When you go to the gym ansd leave after 30 minutes and only play knockout!!!!!! Valley can and will do alot better..
Dude you mean to tell us that he brought Phelps that far with only that much time in the gym . Hey sounds to me like he is the coach for the job. Just think if he spends 45minutes with Valleys next years team they will win region. DOG if he spends a couple hours at practice they'll win state again. But only if Vanhoose is coach. Hey he may be one of the few coaches in the county that young men will transfer to Valley to play for. After turning Phelps around that fast in only thirty minute practices. Not taking nothing from the coaches already around the Valley . R.Rowe , G.Newsom , D.Rowe , would all be good coaches take your pic. But would kids transfer there to play for them. To help them rebuild Valley.
The coach from union sent his resume in yesterday when the job opened. Anybody know anything on him?
What about Greg Napier. I hear he is coming back to the Valley.
Shelby Valley would be making a great chice with Raymond Justice. He is a class act and he has great knowledge of the game. I can think of noone better to build another state contender for Valley. Justice has won everywhere he has been and will continue to win wherever he is at. Class act--classy coach---and even a classier person.
I say Justice.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next