Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best High School Field In Kentucky
if they would put like a logo or something in the middle of the field at cam it would be even better. and maybe if like the away side had more seating. but still in my opinion, probably one of the best in the state that and sheldon clarks.
Martha Layne Collins should have a pretty nice field once it is built.

Belfry has a very nice field as well as Trinity.
Highlands has one of the best fields i have seen
Brooks4Prez Wrote:Letcher Central, home of the only jumbotron in Kentucky High School football:rockon:

Highlands has a jumbotron or they did when we played them last year
This isn't in Kentucky, but this is a jumbotron. Everything else I've seen would be considered a video scoreboard.
Lassiter HS in Georgia. Marietta, GA I believe?
cuppett777 Wrote:can you get some more of the whole stadium from up top of press box sis? and put it on or send it to me?

Next time I catch the gate open and they aren't doing speed camp, I'll run over and take a couple shots of the field. I'll send them to ya in e-mail and post them in here... Just give me a couple of days!! Smile

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
Sheldon Clark !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Most turf fields are the same it's what's around the field that makes it the ( CAM )
is very nice but they are alot of nice fields in KY to many to name.
Harry Doyle Wrote:Lassiter HS in Georgia. Marietta, GA I believe?

You'd be correct
Ditto on the $$$ Christian County complex, one of the best for the combination of playing field, stadium seating and overall facilities.
Come Now! Louisville Manual has the best high school field in Kentucky it a classic.Also Bryan Station have a nice field to and Fairdale have a nice field to.
Harry Doyle Wrote:Lassiter HS in Georgia. Marietta, GA I believe?

Very impressive. You guys either know some people down there or just follow football across multiple states!!! :Thumbs:
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Hopkinsville and Christian County share a mega stadium that is the best if have ever been to for HS ball. Reminds me of some of those Texas stadiums

its not as nice as CAM or hazard or some of the others ,i was there last year when they both played the TN teams and got beat, would be alot better if it was tuff..
phs1986 Wrote:Next time I catch the gate open and they aren't doing speed camp, I'll run over and take a couple shots of the field. I'll send them to ya in e-mail and post them in here... Just give me a couple of days!! Smile

k, thanks...how is the baseball team doing i dont see any scores ..
cuppett777 Wrote:k, thanks...how is the baseball team doing i dont see any scores ..

according to the score board they are 16-9 (9-4 Region) (4-0 Districts)
cavery59 Wrote:Come Now! Louisville Manual has the best high school field in Kentucky it a classic.Also Bryan Station have a nice field to and Fairdale have a nice field to.

Not a big fan of Manual Stadium to be honest. It seats a ton of people and has great history, but the facilities are very dated and the surface doesn't compare to some other grass fields in the state.

When talking about grass fields there are two stadiums on a different level than the others: Ashland's Putnam Stadium and The Stadium of Champions in Hopkinsville.

In terms of turf fields I can't help but have a bias to CAM Stadium. The bowl setting, the ample seating, the rolling hills in the background, and the game day atmosphere are tough to beat.

Letcher Central's stadium is nice, but it loses serious points for not having visitor seating and the attrocious traffic leaving the game. Johnson Central has a very nice complex but it just doesn't have the inclusive feel of CAM. Highlands can't be beat for atmosphere, but once again the lack of seating and the clostrophobic setting deducts value.

A stadium that IMO is very underrated is Shelby Valley's. Ample seating, turf field, tons of parking, and pretty easy access to leave. If Valley could create a gameday atmosphere like their basketball games it would truly become part of my short list.

Just my humble opinion, but here is my short list of the stadiums I have been to:

1. Ashland Paul Blazer- Bonus for natural surface, history, and uniqueness
2. Trinity- Massive, luxury boxes, and almost assuredly a sellout.
3. Belfry- Best small school stadium hands down
4. Stadium of Champions- Great Complex..natural field..tradition
5. Highlands- Best homefield advantage in the state
6. Johnson Central- Bonus for burgers and P.A.
7. Letcher Central- Respect for the video screen
8. Manual Stadium- Massive seating and tradition
9. Shelby Valley- As stated, this is one of the nicest stadiums not mentioned
10. Russell- Ample seating, scoreboard with flames, box seats..a little dated and field isn't in best shape though
FYI, here's a few stadiums in Georgia I have went to.. they would all rate very high in Kentucky. All of these are within 20 minutes of where I live.

GRAYSON HIGH SCHOOL
http://www.graysonramsfootball.com/index...ge=stadium

COLLINS HILL HIGH SCHOOL
http://www.footballfridaynight.com/Stadi...ctionID=15

PARKVIEW HIGH SCHOOL
http://www.footballfridaynight.com/Stadi...ctionID=52

North Gwinnett High School
http://www.footballfridaynight.com/Stadi...ionID=9129
GAINESVILLE HIGH SCHOOL
http://www.footballfridaynight.com/Stadi...ctionID=24

CENTRAL GWINNETT (Stadium itself is ho-hum, but the coolest press box....ever)

http://www.footballfridaynight.com/Colle...nnett2.jpg
CardinalAlum Wrote:Sheldon Clark

i agree!!
jc has a very nice field
Corbin needs a new field BAD!!!!! The field is decent until it rains...draining is bad, we have concrete seating, for the tradition we have you would think they could give us a new stadium.
did bell ever get their field fixed? i remember back in the 90's we were told that if/when we found rocks (not gravel but big rocks) to dig them up and throw them over on the sidelines to get picked up later.
IMO

Best Stadiums to watch a game at in the state.

1-Ashland Blazer
2-Trinity
3-Belfry

Ive been to all three, and theyre is just something IMO about these stadiums that sets them apart.

Other Notable places to watch a game

- Manual Stadium
- Shelby Valley
- Montgomery County ( field pending)
- Male
redhound93 Wrote:Corbin needs a new field BAD!!!!! The field is decent until it rains...draining is bad, we have concrete seating, for the tradition we have you would think they could give us a new stadium.

I love the atmosphere at Corbin....You can the place has so much tradition while youre at the stadium....but a new field would make this place top notch
Male and Manual have the same type of surface and what type of Manual facilities are dated. Come now Manual stadium should be in the top 5 easily.
Georgia high school football stadiums dont have nothing on Texas
Matt12344 Wrote:Highlands has a jumbotron or they did when we played them last year

They have it, but the jumbo part of the scoreboard wasn't working there for a couple of years, but I think they have it fixed now.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
The Iceboxx Wrote:I love the atmosphere at Corbin....You can the place has so much tradition while youre at the stadium....but a new field would make this place top notch
People around Corbin doesnt want a new field because of tradition, but I feel that our furture redhounds should get a new field. Honestly I dont know where we would put a new field. The field itself is in great shape, but the seating is less to be desired IMO. Scoreboard is OLD and concrete seating is starting to break. I guess money is tied up in a new elementary school that opened up this past school year and adding on to the high school.
Pineville's grass field is pretty nice at the beginning of the season. The grass is as beautiful, lush, and thick as any field I have ever seen.
Breathitt Co.'s field is nice. I cant believe it hasn't been mentioned yet. When it was built it was the 2nd in the state to be covered. No more cold nights! The field is nice Bermuda grass and is very well maintained. The only downside is the visitor section. There has been some talk in the past about filling in the riverbank and building a matching covered stadium but I haven't heard anything lately about it.

Has anyone else been to Jackson?? Someone back me up! Smile