Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AP All State Teams
LClion4life Wrote:A year of experience makes a definite difference. Timmy was the 4th scoring option his sophomore year. They didn't really rely on him to score that much. Knipp is a better player than Pittman.

You're right...a year of experience does make a difference. Pittman got much better since last year as well and quit relying on the outside shot which is why he averaged more ppg this year and more rpg. Knipp would get dominated in the paint by Elijah, just like last year. He simply isn't strong or athletic enough to contend with guys like him.

Again, see Timmy's performances on the AAU circuit as a perfect example of why I feel this way.

BTW, Pittman was considered one of the top 5 JUCO recruits in the COUNTRY and will be signing with West Virginia in 2 years. If Bob Huggins thinks he's good enough to play at the high major level, I'm fairly confident my analysis of his game isn't too far off.
LClion4life Wrote:Knipp will be the best player in the state next year aside from Chane Behanan. And that's even debatable. Why can't you admit that he deserves 2nd or 1st team?

I never said he didn't deserve to be 2nd team.

My argument is that he shouldn't replace Elijah Pittman IF he were to be mentioned on the second team.

Ask a lot of college scouts and recruiters and they'd tend to agree with me.

As far as Knipp being the second best player, I disagree big time. It's not all about numbers and IMO , Donovan Kates, Josh Stroud, Travis Purvis, Vinny Zollo, Jaylen Daniel, and George Fant are all better players than Knipp...and that's at his position...not overall.
I'm sure you are aware that Knipp isn't a post player. Right? He isn't comfortable in the post. That's like comparing Carmelo Anthony and Pau Gasol and saying, "Gasol dominates Melo in the paint, therefore he's better." That's a very poor argument. Knipp will go to a D1 school as well. Also note that Huggins doesn't think that Pittman is ready for WVU right away. He may not even be ready in 2 years for them. It's not a done deal that he'll be wearing Navy and Gold in 2 years.
kywldcat01 Wrote:I never said he didn't deserve to be 2nd team.

My argument is that he shouldn't replace Elijah Pittman IF he were to be mentioned on the second team.

Ask a lot of college scouts and recruiters and they'd tend to agree with me.

As far as Knipp being the second best player, I disagree big time. It's not all about numbers and IMO , Donovan Kates, Josh Stroud, Travis Purvis, Vinny Zollo, Jaylen Daniel, and George Fant are all better players than Knipp...and that's at his position...not overall.

You say that just because they play in tougher regions. Did you get a chance to see Knipp play this year? He dominated every game effortlessly. It looked as if he didn't go hard at all against the lesser teams in the 16th. The only teams he reportedly went hard against in the 16th were East, Fairview, and Ashland. He could average 40 ppg next year and you still wouldn't say he's a top player in the state.
LClion4life Wrote:He would average 20-25 in every region. Guarantee it.

Not on GRC's team. I wouldn't even guarantee he could start for GRC next year.

LClion4life Wrote:Knipp will be the best player in the state next year aside from Chane Behanan. And that's even debatable. Why can't you admit that he deserves 2nd or 1st team?

Disagree There are several players I would rate over Knipp.
LClion4life Wrote:I'm sure you are aware that Knipp isn't a post player. Right? He isn't comfortable in the post. That's like comparing Carmelo Anthony and Pau Gasol and saying, "Gasol dominates Melo in the paint, therefore he's better." That's a very poor argument. Knipp will go to a D1 school as well. Also note that Huggins doesn't think that Pittman is ready for WVU right away. He may not even be ready in 2 years for them. It's not a done deal that he'll be wearing Navy and Gold in 2 years.

Pittman isn't a true post player either. He was recruited at the same position as TK...Small Forward.

Where did you see that Huggins said Pittman isn't ready for West Va right away? The only reason Elijah is heading to a JUCO is because of his academics. Huggins was ready to offer Elijah before his junior year even started but he hadn't taken the ACT yet.
kywldcat01 Wrote:You're right...a year of experience does make a difference. Pittman got much better since last year as well and quit relying on the outside shot which is why he averaged more ppg this year and more rpg. Knipp would get dominated in the paint by Elijah, just like last year. He simply isn't strong or athletic enough to contend with guys like him.

Again, see Timmy's performances on the AAU circuit as a perfect example of why I feel this way.

BTW, Pittman was considered one of the top 5 JUCO recruits in the COUNTRY and will be signing with West Virginia in 2 years. If Bob Huggins thinks he's good enough to play at the high major level, I'm fairly confident my analysis of his game isn't too far off.

See, this is where you lose credibility on this site, you say a Holmes player would dominate another player, but Holmes really didn't do much dominating of anyone.
LClion4life Wrote:You say that just because they play in tougher regions. Did you get a chance to see Knipp play this year? He dominated every game effortlessly. It looked as if he didn't go hard at all against the lesser teams in the 16th. The only teams he reportedly went hard against in the 16th were East, Fairview, and Ashland. He could average 40 ppg next year and you still wouldn't say he's a top player in the state.

No...I say that because not only do they play well and put up big numbers in the toughest regions of the state, but they also play well at the AAU level and put up impressive numbers there as well.

Kids like Fant, Stroud, and Purvis have earned their stripes on the AAU circuit which is why they're so highly touted at the high school level. Zollo plays with one of the best programs in the country (Indy Elite) and is puttin up numbers against the best competition out there.

And of the teams you mentioned that he supposedly "went hard against", how many of them have a big man with the same size and athleticism as TImmy? East Carter is the only one and Barnhill has had his way with Tk over the past few years.

It's easy for Timmy to put up those kinds of numbers when he's 6'7 and being defended by 6'3, 6'4 guys, while also taking 20+ shots a game.
PC_You_Know Wrote:See, this is where you lose credibility on this site, you say a Holmes player would dominate another player, but Holmes really didn't do much dominating of anyone.

I'm talking about Pittman...not Holmes as a team. Get it right before you get on here running your mouth.

See Elijah against Christian Co...34 points, 14 rebounds, and 5 blocks. Yea, I'd say he dominates at this level and he already proved himself last year against TK when he went for 23 and 12 while holding Timmy to 10 points.

Get the FACTS straight next time before you jump in to a conversation that you have nothing to do with.

Carry on, sir.
kywldcat01 Wrote:I'm talking about Pittman...not Holmes as a team. Get it right before you get on here running your mouth.

See Elijah against Christian Co...34 points, 14 rebounds, and 5 blocks. Yea, I'd say he dominates at this level and he already proved himself last year against TK when he went for 23 and 12 while holding Timmy to 10 points.

Get the FACTS straight next time before you jump in to a conversation that you have nothing to do with.

Carry on, sir.

I had my facts right, Holmes didn't do much dominating all year. Where were my facts wrong?
PC_You_Know Wrote:I had my facts right, Holmes didn't do much dominating all year. Where were my facts wrong?

And where/when did I say HOLMES dominated?

Not once.

Did I say PITTMAN dominated? Sure did....and was using it in reference to his match up with TK last year.

Again, get your facts straight before you start running your mouth. Go back and re read my posts.
kywldcat01 Wrote:You do realize Pittman averaged 15 ppg, 7 rpg, 3 bpg, and 2 spg, right?

Timmy got abused by Pittman last year in the state tournament. No way he should be considered second team over Elijah.

Did you say last year? That's what I thought... I gave my opinion. You don't like, take it with a grain of salt. :moon:
I cant believe that some people are still on this site a talking **** after them a making a *** out of their self around state tourney time? By the way, I wonder what CROW tastes like? Anyone know?
kywldcat01 Wrote:And where/when did I say HOLMES dominated?

Not once.

Did I say PITTMAN dominated? Sure did....and was using it in reference to his match up with TK last year.

Again, get your facts straight before you start running your mouth. Go back and re read my posts.

I never said Pittman didn't dominate. What I said was Holmes as a team didn't dominate. So.....get ready for it...my FACTS were correct.
kywldcat01 Wrote:First off, "boss", I never said there weren't good players or teams in EKY. I simply stated that as a WHOLE, that area of the state is fairly weak when it comes to producing good talent. Look at how the better teams have faired against the "golden triangle teams" or even wky teams and you'll realize why I feel this way.

Why do you think people make such a big deal out of it when a "mountain" or "eky school" wins a state title or does well in a tournament? It's not just myself who has this opinion. I'm just one of the few in the "golden triangle" on this website which is why I stick out to all of you who get defensive any time someone doesn't agree with you.

Outside of Shelby Valley, who honestly could've won atleast one game in the state tournament? KCC was the second best team in that area and they lost to a average Butler team in the state tournament....East Carter, who has one of the best players in the mountains, got taken behind the woodshed by Warren Central. You want respect, go out and earn it.

You have pretty much said all season that there if teams like Shelby Valley were in the golden triangle they wouldn't compete. You said earlier this season that they would be the 7th or 8th ranked team in the 7th Region. Yeah, you really do a great job of giving teams their due, don't you?

You have said pretty much all season that players like Elisha Justice were overrated because of the weak competition, and you were proved wrong in a huge way. Yeah, you came in and ate crow just to cover yourself, but it sure didn't last long because you are back at it....Why did you disappear for so long after Holmes got beat anyways?

I don't get all defensive like most. Nobody on here gets under my skin...It's just a message board. But when I see somebody that can't give any credit to teams outside of their area and gloat with an elitist attitude towards an area that isn't as bad as others would like. I'll post about it. Want to talk about getting defensive? I'm not the one replying with "chief" and "Boss" to people. I'm just trying to talk sports.

As a whole, basketball in East Kentucky isn't as strong. I can admit that, and I won't argue that. But I will say there are several good players, and several solid teams. They deserve respect, just like any other teams/players around the state. I have no idea why you find it so hard to do that. You found it laughable that Shelby Valley could compete all season, yet they did....in dominating fashion, and it didn't really change your opinion of basketball from other areas.

Mountain basketball fared a little bit better than a certain area of Kentucky (NKY), and the players from NKY aren't going to any bigger schools than a certain player from EKY. Does this always happen? No...but when it changes back I'll get back on and give credit to the NKY area and their players. As of now, they have not earned anything. Sound familiar? Right now EKY owns the state of Kentucky with a state title and Mr. Basketball......Let's throw in Coach of the year while we're at it.

As of now Eastern Kentucky has earned the respect of the rest of the state. Next year it may be different, and probably will. But next year the rest of the state will have to earn it. Right now my school has nothing to earn. We're already there.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:You have pretty much said all season that there if teams like Shelby Valley were in the golden triangle they wouldn't compete. You said earlier this season that they would be the 7th or 8th ranked team in the 7th Region. Yeah, you really do a great job of giving teams their due, don't you?

You have said pretty much all season that players like Elisha Justice were overrated because of the weak competition, and you were proved wrong in a huge way. Yeah, you came in and ate crow just to cover yourself, but it sure didn't last long because you are back at it....Why did you disappear for so long after Holmes got beat anyways?

I don't get all defensive like most. Nobody on here gets under my skin...It's just a message board. But when I see somebody that can't give any credit to teams outside of their area and gloat with an elitist attitude towards an area that isn't as bad as others would like. I'll post about it. Want to talk about getting defensive? I'm not the one replying with "chief" and "Boss" to people. I'm just trying to talk sports.

As a whole, basketball in East Kentucky isn't as strong. I can admit that, and I won't argue that. But I will say there are several good players, and several solid teams. They deserve respect, just like any other teams/players around the state. I have no idea why you find it so hard to do that. You found it laughable that Shelby Valley could compete all season, yet they did....in dominating fashion, and it didn't really change your opinion of basketball from other areas.

Mountain basketball fared a little bit better than a certain area of Kentucky (NKY), and the players from NKY aren't going to any bigger schools than a certain player from EKY. Does this always happen? No...but when it changes back I'll get back on and give credit to the NKY area and their players. As of now, they have not earned anything. Sound familiar? Right now EKY owns the state of Kentucky with a state title and Mr. Basketball......Let's throw in Coach of the year while we're at it.

As of now Eastern Kentucky has earned the respect of the rest of the state. Next year it may be different, and probably will. But next year the rest of the state will have to earn it. Right now my school has nothing to earn. We're already there.

:worthy:
alfus21 Wrote:You have pretty much said all season that there if teams like Shelby Valley were in the golden triangle they wouldn't compete. You said earlier this season that they would be the 7th or 8th ranked team in the 7th Region. Yeah, you really do a great job of giving teams their due, don't you?

I never said they wouldn't compete. Go back and find where I said this and I'll gladly admit I was wrong. I simply said that they wouldn't dominate in that area, the way they do against lesser competition in EKY.

It's all about when you play teams. Can you honestly say Shelby Valley would've been the best team in the 7th region this year, having to play teams like Ballard, Eastern, or Trinity night in and night out? I'm sure they'd be one of the top 3 or 4 teams in that region, but I they wouldn't dominate by any means.

Quote:You have said pretty much all season that players like Elisha Justice were overrated because of the weak competition, and you were proved wrong in a huge way. Yeah, you came in and ate crow just to cover yourself, but it sure didn't last long because you are back at it....Why did you disappear for so long after Holmes got beat anyways?

Again, you're wrong. Never did I say Justice was overrated. My exact comments were "while he's a great high school player, his game simply doesn't translate to the college level as well as some of the other top players around the state."

I don't see that calling a kid overrated at all. And I didn't disappear after Holmes got beat. I actually didn't post on any forums that I'm a member of because there was simply nothing else of interest to post on. Now that people are talking about next year, I'm back on here.

Quote:I don't get all defensive like most. Nobody on here gets under my skin...It's just a message board. But when I see somebody that can't give any credit to teams outside of their area and gloat with an elitist attitude towards an area that isn't as bad as others would like. I'll post about it. Want to talk about getting defensive? I'm not the one replying with "chief" and "Boss" to people. I'm just trying to talk sports.

Wrong again. All year I've hyped up teams outside of nky...especially Christian Co and the better teams in Lex and Lou. One of the biggest reasons many people respect me is because I bring an unbiased opinion and have a lot of knowledge from teams all over the state from covering them and seeing them in person. My knowledge isn't strictly of one team or one area like many on here.

Am I biased when it comes to Holmes? Absolutely. I've never tried to cover that up. But I also am very unbiased when it comes to other teams around the state. I don't try to gloat or use an elitist attitude at all. If that's what you think, well that's your perogative.

And my comment of "boss" was geared toward you because as an administratior, I've seen several posts on here where you've tried to belittle other posters. Take it FWIW.

Quote:As a whole, basketball in East Kentucky isn't as strong. I can admit that, and I won't argue that. But I will say there are several good players, and several solid teams. They deserve respect, just like any other teams/players around the state. I have no idea why you find it so hard to do that. You found it laughable that Shelby Valley could compete all season, yet they did....in dominating fashion, and it didn't really change your opinion of basketball from other areas.

Where did I ever say that Eastern Kentucky didn't have good teams and good players? Again, find the post where I said this and I'll gladly admit I was wrong, once again.

Quote:Mountain basketball fared a little bit better than a certain area of Kentucky (NKY), and the players from NKY aren't going to any bigger schools than a certain player from EKY. Does this always happen? No...but when it changes back I'll get back on and give credit to the NKY area and their players. As of now, they have not earned anything. Sound familiar? Right now EKY owns the state of Kentucky with a state title and Mr. Basketball......Let's throw in Coach of the year while we're at it.

Mountain basketball didn't fare a little better than a certain area of Kentucky...Shelby Valley basketball did. Your comment about nky could also be said for Lex, Lou, and WKY as well since none of those teams won a state title either. AS of right now though, Justice is the only kid going to a D1 school from EKY and that's as a walk on so don't sit here and thump your chest and act like EKY has more overall talent. If I remember correctly, the 16th rep (East Carter) lost to a team that didn't even make it to the 9th region tournament (Highlands).

And again, EKY doesn't own the state of Kentucky...Shelby Valley does. Big difference there.

As far as talent goes, Holmes alone had 3 kids sign with college programs:

Elijah Pittman- Chipola College (Voted best JUCO in the country over the past decade)
Ricardo Johnson- Ohio U (Second round of NCAA tournament)
Jeremiah Johnson- Campbellsville U (Top 10 NAIA D1 schools this past season)

Add in other kids around the area furthering their careers:

Daniel O'Conner- Tusculum College (D2)
Grant Pangallo- Hanover College (D3)
Stephen Kowolonek- Translvania (NAIA)
Casey McDaniel- Thomas More (D3)
Brady Jolly- NKU (D2)
Ryan Vogel- Thomas More (D3)
Anthony Luther- Cincinnati St (D2 JUCO)
Mike Gabbard- Will sign with either Austin Peay (D1), Morehead St (D1), or Ashland, OH (D2)

There are a few other guys I'm forgetting about but don't confuse individual talent with team success. NKY has some very good individual talent.

Quote:As of now Eastern Kentucky has earned the respect of the rest of the state. Next year it may be different, and probably will. But next year the rest of the state will have to earn it. Right now my school has nothing to earn. We're already there.

Again I say this...outside of Shelby Valley, what did EKY teams do to earn respect around the state? East Carter did nothing against teams outside of EKY and got taken behind the woodshed in the first round of the state tournament.

KCC lost to an average, at best, Butler team in the first round as well.

AS of right now, Shelby Valley is the only EKY school that has anything to thump their chest about. Outside of them, everyone else is on the same level until the end of next March.
PC_You_Know Wrote:I never said Pittman didn't dominate. What I said was Holmes as a team didn't dominate. So.....get ready for it...my FACTS were correct.

But my original post was about PITTMAN...not Holmes.

So get ready for it...your FACTS weren't correct since Holmes had nothing to do with my post.

It was simply your childish way of taking a shot at them for losing in the 9th region finals.

For a guy that could care less about schools that you have no affiliation with, you sure do talk about the Bulldogs a lot whenever you see a post from me.
kywldcat01 Wrote:But my original post was about PITTMAN...not Holmes.

So get ready for it...your FACTS weren't correct since Holmes had nothing to do with my post.

It was simply your childish way of taking a shot at them for losing in the 9th region finals.

For a guy that could care less about schools that you have no affiliation with, you sure do talk about the Bulldogs a lot whenever you see a post from me.

Holmes has nothing to do with Pittman other than it being the school he attended right?

You want to know what you sound like on here? A person who continuously denies charges, like Michael Jackson or Ben Roethlisberger. After so many people keep accusing someone of sleeping with young boys and in another case raping women, it sounds more and more true. People keep accusing you of downing players on here, not giving credit, and other such things, but you keep denying it. How many people on this site can make up the same things about you?
Quote:Mountain basketball didn't fare a little better than a certain area of Kentucky...Shelby Valley basketball did. Your comment about nky could also be said for Lex, Lou, and WKY as well since none of those teams won a state title either. AS of right now though, Justice is the only kid going to a D1 school from EKY and that's as a walk on so don't sit here and thump your chest and act like EKY has more overall talent. If I remember correctly, the 16th rep (East Carter) lost to a team that didn't even make it to the 9th region tournament (Highlands).

And the 9th region rep (Newport) lost to DeSales who did not make it to their regional tournament either. So the point is?
kentuckynole Wrote:And the 9th region rep (Newport) lost to DeSales who did not make it to their regional tournament either. So the point is?

Desales is a Lexington school...not EKY school.

Nothing in common with what you quoted. Nice try though.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Holmes has nothing to do with Pittman other than it being the school he attended right?

You want to know what you sound like on here? A person who continuously denies charges, like Michael Jackson or Ben Roethlisberger. After so many people keep accusing someone of sleeping with young boys and in another case raping women, it sounds more and more true. People keep accusing you of downing players on here, not giving credit, and other such things, but you keep denying it. How many people on this site can make up the same things about you?

I don't down players on this site...I simply give my opinion on their game based off seeing them. It's no different than any of you saying something about a kid from EKY. I've watched the KCC kids get trashed on here (Tate Cox in particular) for several years now....but that has nothing to do with anything since it isn't me, right?

Grow up...it's getting old. Everyone voices their opinions. Never once have I said something negative about a KID off the court. I simply critique their game. If you don't like it, you can do something real simple......click the ignore button next to my name and you don't have to worry about it anymore.

As long as I'm posting within the guidelines of the rules set forth on here, I can say whatever I want.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Desales is a Lexington school...not EKY school.

DeSales is a 6th Region team from Louisville.

If you put 6th and 7th Region together and looked at CJ or LHL statistical rankings. They were somewhere around the 12-15th best team in the city of Louisville.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Desales is a Lexington school...not EKY school.

Last time I checked it was Louisville Desales.

Wondering what you keeping bringing up East Carter getting dominated at state by a 9th region.

Check Google Maps for Desales and Carter County it is a good resource.
Carter in most people opinions outside of the Northern part of Kentucky would be considered Northeastern Kentucky not an Eastern Kentucky team.

The main point that I see you make is the entire Eastern Kentucky region is terrible and would be lucky to be competitive in any region.

Justice winning Mr. Basketball was political.

There are no division I players in Eastern Kentucky and all the players in Northern Kentucky are getting scholarships.

Shelby Valley should have been honored just to be on the same floor with all these awesome players instead of winning the state tournament.
I've seen the teams from N. KY., and while most are good athletically, their basketball skills are no better than the kids from the mountains. I'll take a kid from the mountains to knock down shots; I'll take a kid from Holmes in a dunk contest.
Gold Charger Wrote:Not on GRC's team. I wouldn't even guarantee he could start for GRC next year.

Disagree There are several players I would rate over Knipp.

Are you serious? lol. If GRC is that good, Hump needs to be fired for not getting to Rupp. I saw GRC, and believe me, Knipp would start. GRC is good, but not so good they can't start a 6'7 kid that can stroke it.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Pittman isn't a true post player either. He was recruited at the same position as TK...Small Forward.

Where did you see that Huggins said Pittman isn't ready for West Va right away? The only reason Elijah is heading to a JUCO is because of his academics. Huggins was ready to offer Elijah before his junior year even started but he hadn't taken the ACT yet.

Another reason going around the KY-OH All Star game is questions about his character. He had his invitation to the game rescinded on the recommendation of his coach.
HD28 Wrote:Are you serious? lol. If GRC is that good, Hump needs to be fired for not getting to Rupp. I saw GRC, and believe me, Knipp would start. GRC is good, but not so good they can't start a 6'7 kid that can stroke it.

Who's place would he take?
Gold Charger Wrote:Who's place would he take?

lol. Whoever is currently playing the 2 or the 3. C'mon...
HD28 Wrote:lol. Whoever is currently playing the 2 or the 3. C'mon...

Don't see him taking Stenzel's or Zollo's place, or Rogers, or Daniels for that matter. Possibly Purvis. Now if he was a real good PG I could see him coming in and starting. That is what we need. No disrespect to Timmy, but GRC is loaded this year.