•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the Middlesboro job open?
Sources say Coach Crawford will be the next coach at Middlesboro.
HAT51 Wrote:Yellowdog, I don't recall giving any information. I asked a question and simply wanted it answered. Don't sound like you are a Roark fan. Sometimes people forget the great things he has done for Middlesboro.

Hat...care to share that long list of Great things that he's done for M'boro.
Form what I hear is that this was not going to happen this year and an off the field issue made it happen sooner.

About the paper today....I think that the writer should have left the part about his son out of the article. Not fair...IMO
I know at the top of that list would be a state championship. People will say that anyone could have coached them to a state title that year but they did not. He did. They had exactly zero championships before him. That should be a good starter for your list HAT51.
^^^:please: :lmao:
Who's Coach Crawford?
Jackson5, Coach Crawford is a assistant at Middlesboro right now. He used to be a assistant at Bell Co in the days.

My pick for Middlesboro would be Jesse Allen, he is around his low 30's and knows the game. He took the Middle School too 2 straight undefeated seasons then moved to a assistant at the high school level. Supposely he was getting to close to the kids and Roark was starting to get really jelous of that and pressured him into stepping down.
Jesse does not teach nor work in the school system so I would say he is out. They better get someone with some discipline and work ethic, two things the program has lacked for some time.
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Jesse does not teach nor work in the school system so I would say he is out. They better get someone with some discipline and work ethic, two things the program has lacked for some time.

I thought that he taught at the middle school.
Blue 12 No one said there was not a bigger list of things he'd done wrong. But he was the head coach of that team. Say what you want, laugh all you want. How many state champ rings do you have from coaching?
Blue12 Wrote:Hat...care to share that long list of Great things that he's done for M'boro.

Nothing was said about a long list. He played there and represented MB at UK and I believe won a state championship.
Yogibear Wrote:Blue 12 No one said there was not a bigger list of things he'd done wrong. But he was the head coach of that team. Say what you want, laugh all you want. How many state champ rings do you have from coaching?
So your saying the only way to evaluate someone is to do the same thing that they've done or surpass them in the same occupation. Hummm...that's an intresting point of view. Sounds like a logical statement for someone! LOL.
HAT51 Wrote:Nothing was said about a long list. He played there and represented MB at UK and I believe won a state championship.
Hat...I don't think playing for M'boro and UK is considered doing "Great" things for Middlesboro, it was nice accomplishments for him personally but not "Great" for M'boro. Give him credit that he happened to be the coach when a great group of players come through Middlesboro and they won the state championship. But come on. Expand from there, what else did the guy do that left a positive something on the team, school, program or community that qualifies as "Great", your words not mine? Face it those kids were fabulous, Hat, you and I could have coached that group to the state title. You should hear what some of the opposing coaches said about that team and those kids that won the state. I'm talking about quality coaches like the one at Beachwood for one example. Those coaches are actually critical to this day of Kenny. They will tell you that if they had been properly handled they would have been even more dominate than they were. I don't know how we get to "Great" with this former coach.
Blue12 Wrote:Hat...I don't think playing for M'boro and UK is considered doing "Great" things for Middlesboro, it was nice accomplishments for him personally but not "Great" for M'boro. Give him credit that he happened to be the coach when a great group of players come through Middlesboro and they won the state championship. But come on. Expand from there, what else did the guy do that left a positive something on the team, school, program or community that qualifies as "Great", your words not mine? Face it those kids were fabulous, Hat, you and I could have coached that group to the state title. You should hear what some of the opposing coaches said about that team and those kids that won the state. I'm talking about quality coaches like the one at Beachwood for one example. Those coaches are actually critical to this day of Kenny. They will tell you that if they had been properly handled they would have been even more dominate than they were. I don't know how we get to "Great" with this former coach.

:Thumbs:
kmba32 AMEN!!!!! being a player for him in the past I just thought of something what happens with the Middlesboro Touchdown club (bingo)??????
^^^Ouch!!
Blue12 Wrote:Hat...I don't think playing for M'boro and UK is considered doing "Great" things for Middlesboro, it was nice accomplishments for him personally but not "Great" for M'boro. Give him credit that he happened to be the coach when a great group of players come through Middlesboro and they won the state championship. But come on. Expand from there, what else did the guy do that left a positive something on the team, school, program or community that qualifies as "Great", your words not mine? Face it those kids were fabulous, Hat, you and I could have coached that group to the state title. You should hear what some of the opposing coaches said about that team and those kids that won the state. I'm talking about quality coaches like the one at Beachwood for one example. Those coaches are actually critical to this day of Kenny. They will tell you that if they had been properly handled they would have been even more dominate than they were. I don't know how we get to "Great" with this former coach.
This is the dummest statement I have read about Roark. You can't say you could have done jack with the past Middlesboro's teams. It's so easy to say I could have done this or that coaching coaching those teams. You don't know unless you have been in his shoes or any other head coaches shoes.
Bub Lewis Wrote:This is the dummest statement I have read about Roark. You can't say you could have done jack with the past Middlesboro's teams. It's so easy to say I could have done this or that coaching coaching those teams. You don't know unless you have been in his shoes or any other head coaches shoes.

OK then I'll change my statement since you say its easier, here goes. Even YOU could have coached the '98 M'boro team to the State Title. Even if you made them use the leather helments. :lmao:
Again you are showing your ignorance. I'm sure the more you type the more you will show.
Bub Lewis Wrote:Again you are showing your ignorance. I'm sure the more you type the more you will show.

Well come on and support all your knowledge about the situation. Its easy to sit back and say "I don't agree". Well provide some evidence and support your position. Give us some specifics. All I'm stating is information about past conversations and what those conversations were about. For some reason I don't recall you being there. But maybe you were after all its been a while. :relaxing:
I've been observing/participating in KY high school football in various forms for most of my life (over three decades), and I can EASILY rattle off a list of ten or more coaches who NEVER won a state title with more talented teams than Roark had in '98.

Were the '98 Jackets talented? Most definitely, but many, many more talented teams failed to bring home the trophy. So before you diminish what Roark did (or didn't) do that season, perhaps more historical context is in order.
Roark has not been the problem, the talent level has been down over the past few years. I think that some kids who would have been in Middlesboro's system 15-20 years ago are now playing at Bell Co., which has contributed to this. I don't foresee much improvement in the near future, especially since the current administration at Middlesboro is not very sports friendly.
SEKYFAN Wrote:Roark has not been the problem, the talent level has been down over the past few years. I think that some kids who would have been in Middlesboro's system 15-20 years ago are now playing at Bell Co., which has contributed to this. I don't foresee much improvement in the near future, especially since the current administration at Middlesboro is not very sports friendly.

I agree the talent level has been down for several years now but I also have to disagree with some of what you had to say. I don't know a lot about the athletic support from their administration but I do know that several of those kids chose Bell because of the coaching situation. I'm not bashing anyone, just stating the obvious to many. But, mboro does not have a large number of those boys in the Bell program. The ones that were or are now, ended up to be good players though. The number however isn't very many.
True that, SEKY . . .

Back in the day, Middlesboro would draw athletes from the county, as well as from VA and TN. With Hilton's success and Pucciarelli's presence at the new CGHS in TN, they're getting fewer and fewer of those kids.

Roark is clearly a very knowledgeable coach, particularly with offensive line play. Wish him well.
Plus I'd say that some who would have transferred in from TN 10-15 years ago are now staying home and playing for Cumberland Gap.
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Jesse does not teach nor work in the school system so I would say he is out. They better get someone with some discipline and work ethic, two things the program has lacked for some time.

Jesse has taught at Middlesboro Middle School for 6+ years as a SPED Teacher. Jesse knows how to win. I know him personally. :1:
SEKYFAN Wrote:Roark has not been the problem, the talent level has been down over the past few years. I think that some kids who would have been in Middlesboro's system 15-20 years ago are now playing at Bell Co., which has contributed to this. I don't foresee much improvement in the near future, especially since the current administration at Middlesboro is not very sports friendly.

Your correct on all points other than Roark not being the problem. Kenny has been the largest problem from schems on the field to not promoting the program off the field and many things in between. Its the lack of intrest in sports by the administration that have allowed him to last as long as he has.
Talk around Breathitt County is Roark could be coming to Jackson as an asst coach,would really be a big help to a football program that loosing quit few players and coaches to other schools fans and supporters dont know whats happening with this,should be a good addition if this happens bringing his son as QB and his experance His son is total package whats been said,Lost Coaches (Chapmam,Haddix Back),Players (Shouse,Fugate,Possible Trent,And Huff) was stated that something has gone really wrong in Bobcatville!!
Csportsman11 Wrote:Talk around Breathitt County is Roark could be coming to Jackson as an asst coach,would really be a big help to a football program that loosing quit few players and coaches to other schools fans and supporters dont know whats happening with this,should be a good addition if this happens bringing his son as QB and his experance His son is total package whats been said,Lost Coaches (Chapmam,Haddix Back),Players (Shouse,Fugate,Possible Trent,And Huff) was stated that something has gone really wrong in Bobcatville!!

Roark is an extremely knowledgeable coach and one of the best O-line minds around . . . glad to hear he's looking to stay in the game.
Been quiet any news?
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next