Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 2006
Landon Slone will save the day haha
flashback_7 Wrote:Landon Slone will save the day haha

This isn't basketball. I have heard that Landon plans to play football next year but I figure it will be like baseball. He'll comeout not be the star and quit. I've heard that Bundy, and Grimm plan to play as well.
I was being sarcastic
I've heard BTA is taking over the weight room and that numbers are a little down from the past couple of years...would hate to see them get any less physical...that was the difference to me last year and with losing all they did in their senior class, they'll need a LOT of strength work for the ones taking their places or Pugh might be seeing more opposite colored jerseys than he wants every play.
Since the 2001 season, paintsville hasnt had a good offensive line. I dont see how any of their lineman made all-district this season, i like the kids..but to be honest they played terrible.
I think you mean JTA rather than BTA. But none the less I agree. With inexperience offensive line, vital off-season workout is a necessity for the Tigers. I can see what Superman is saying, if anyone on the offensive line impressed me it was ***mings especially since he was injured the majority of the season. I think Paintsville o-line next year could be more aggressive, and a little more gritty but they need to hit the weight room hard and with proper lifts for football. Inexperience may cause Paintsville problems earlier in the season. Last season, Jason Kinner stopped by and was going to help coach a little. I don't know if they ran him off or if his work schedule took him away but I feel he could be an asset to the Tigers in the weight room as well as Matt Brown now that his college career is over and he'd have some time on his hands. They're the strongest Tigers that come to mind in recent history.
All Paintsville needs is an o-line. They have Pugh back at QB, Subby will play FB, Cantrell at RB, or maybe even Cody Reynolds at RB, whichever isn't the RB will play some WR along with Brian Walker, JD VanHoose back at TE and WR. All the Tigers will need is an o-line and a d-line.
PC_U_KNOW_98 Wrote:All the Tigers will need is an o-line and a d-line.

well...at least "all" they need to replace are the two MOST IMPORTANT parts of a football team. (You say it like it's no big deal! I'm VERRRY concerned about next season for the EXACT thing you're saying!)
Well I look at it like this Football24 7, going into my Senior year (2003) we only had ONE returning O-lineman just like next years Tigers, and everyone was saying that same things they are saying now, we did fine, finished 8-4, district runners-up (should have won it), got beat in the 2nd round of the playoffs to an AWESOME Middlesboro team that gave Beechwood a pretty good game. All that while starting 8-9 freshmen (2005's Seniors). I didn't mean for it to sound like its not a big deal, I'm with Mojo when he says they might have a few problems at the beginning of the season, but once they get some experience they will be fine...
PC_U_KNOW_98 Wrote:we only had ONE returning O-lineman just like next years Tigers, and everyone was saying that same things they are saying now, we did fine...but once they get some experience they will be fine...

I'd say it has more to do with how well they're doing in the OFF-SEASON weight program.

Do you know how each one of those potential linemen are doing in the weight room so far? As I said previously, I heard the numbers in the weight room are WAY down and that the strength program isn't being "pushed" like it was in the recent past.

If you don't MAKE kids lift hard, they pretty much won't.

...and if you're going to count on a bunch of Frosh and Soph linemen, they'd BETTER be lifting HARDER than everyone else so they can make up in strength what they're losing in OL/DL experience to other teams.

I'm getting word on these boards that some of the teams around here that didn't push the weights hard back in the days you're talking about ARE now...comparing what happened even as recent as 2003 may be comparing apples to oranges!

just my opinion...I hope I'm wrong...but I guess we'll see by the middle of the season next year on those kids.
By the way, looked to me like we dressed around 24 kids most games and lost about 15 seniors...with Pugh anVanHoose among those coming back, doesn't look like there's many lineman even LEFT!? Won't almost all of them have to go both ways every play all year?

If so, they'd BETTER be working on CONDITIONING as much as STRENGTH this off-season!
I'm with you all on this. How many are showing up for weight training? There's many parents of middle schoolers out there who need to be given the heads up on weight training... along with some of the ones, who have yammered on about "coming out" and then don't show up.... if there was ever a "golden opportunity" to train now and walk into a position in the Spring/Fall... it would be after losing as many seniors as Paintsville has. I like JTA and all... I know Coach Howard loves Football. I know he would be a great influence upon these young men and be able to impart the Tiger Mantra to all. Sounds like Coach Allen needs to get things lined up and on the road. Good Luck Paintsville.
Fuzzy5118 Wrote:I'm with you all on this. How many are showing up for weight training? There's many parents of middle schoolers out there who need to be given the heads up on weight training... along with some of the ones, who have yammered on about "coming out" and then don't show up.... if there was ever a "golden opportunity" to train now and walk into a position in the Spring/Fall... it would be after losing as many seniors as Paintsville has. I like JTA and all... I know Coach Howard loves Football. I know he would be a great influence upon these young men and be able to impart the Tiger Mantra to all. Sounds like Coach Allen needs to get things lined up and on the road. Good Luck Paintsville.

I would say the weightroom will fill up now that Christmas break is over, alot of kids like to take that month, month and a half off and take a break before they start getting into lifting hard and heavy. I would bet that BMR will get the players together in the gym and have a meeting with them about the offseason training.
I think paintsville will be descent in their class next year but when it comes to the applebowl they wont stand a chance. They lose their whole o-line and they couldnt do anyhting with central d last year. They should win district in their class though.
jchssideline Wrote:I think paintsville will be descent in their class next year but when it comes to the applebowl they wont stand a chance. They lose their whole o-line and they couldnt do anyhting with central d last year. They should win district in their class though.

What happens during the season, doesn't really matter especially outside of your class. I know the Apple Bowl means a lot to both schools, and it's a good thing for the community but it means absolutely nothing to a teams' success. Paintsville lost a lazy yet smart offensive line, which leaves the possibility of Paintsville to have a more aggressive line next season. One thing they will miss is the experience. Worry about what you lost and not what Paintsville did, smart leadership and 4.4 speed. When it comes to recognizing defenses and making the correct audibles, Sean Music will be missed as much as Peyton Manning would be missed by the Colts.
Does anyone know for sure if Blake Bundy will be returning to the football field? I know he had a serious injury last year. Will he be able to play? I figured he would want to play just to get to play for Bill Mike. Imagine, the success of "PUGH IN THE AIR TO BUNDY"!!!!!! That would be fun to watch.. Just like it was in elem school... I recall that one of the local newspapers ran an article about them, said they had over 1,000 yds in the sky.. broke some record, and that was middle school, boy, paintsville has some weapons coming for 06. Could someone let me know for sure if Bundy will be returning..:dance:
yea
LazerMan Wrote:Does anyone know for sure if Blake Bundy will be returning to the football field? I know he had a serious injury last year. Will he be able to play? I figured he would want to play just to get to play for Bill Mike. Imagine, the success of "PUGH IN THE AIR TO BUNDY"!!!!!! That would be fun to watch.. Just like it was in elem school... I recall that one of the local newspapers ran an article about them, said they had over 1,000 yds in the sky.. broke some record, and that was middle school, boy, paintsville has some weapons coming for 06. Could someone let me know for sure if Bundy will be returning..:dance:

Exactly, listen to what you're saying: "and that was MIDDLE SCHOOL". Middle school was a cake walk compared to high school, then again, it is 1A.
JCRunningMachine#17 Wrote:Exactly, listen to what you're saying: "and that was MIDDLE SCHOOL". Middle school was a cake walk compared to high school, then again, it is 1A.

Smart man, I agree. I don't care if it's 1A or 4A, everyone starts maturing in high school and competition catches up especially if you haven't really played in high school. Bundy could be a good asset to have but he has to be a team player, and expect that the ball isn't going to be thrown to him every play.
I doubt he'll play anyways so it doesn't really matter...
But, if he did, he would be an excellent asset to the Tiger's passing game... The boys back is just to bad... Hell of an athelete though!
I'm not 100% sure, but I'm almost positive Blake plans to play next season. He's just got to keep a level and play ball while adjusting to the high school game.
Wonder who we'll see in the backfield for the Tiger's?
Probably not Bundy, he'll probably be WR. In the backfield, more than likely you'll see Pugh, Sublett and Cantrell with Hunter Preston and Cody Reynolds being in as well. Pugh, Sublett and Cantrell has the most experience in the the backfield but you never know. Sublett started his freshman and sophomore year fore the most part and Cantrell was the TB his freshman year and done well in 2004 when Doderer broke his collarbone.
im not to sure about what paintsville will be able to do but as of rihg tnow they arent looking good. they only return 2 starters on offense and three on defense. Pugh playing both ways of course
paintsville will be ok next year...they lost alot of talent but last years underclassmen should have gained alot of expience playing with and against last years district champs and regional runners up in practice...
What is prestons 40 time?
Eagle Football Wrote:What is prestons 40 time?

I'm not real sure on what Bear's 40 time is, but I will bet that it is below a 4.8, he is pretty quick.
He's in the mid 4.6 range... He's quicker than he is fast... I'm not sure of his shuttle time...
We need to get some size on him!