Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 06'
How do you think these kids feel about this. They should lok at it this way most of them is trying to make it better for the kids but they are just making it worse. I say all the kids is wanting to do good this year. People looks at our school's football team as a joke like that one boy did with the doe doe rowe joke! ITS NOT FUNNY NO MORE!!!!! Thesekids are of need for a coach and no one takes it serious and its not a joke!!!
Just heard the joke going around Virgie was that the forementioned Rowe had just as much experience with football than the previous two coaches. That is just wrong but I did have to laugh. Haven't heard any rumblings lately so it is time for me to send my messanger pigeon over Abner Mountain and check in with some of the young braves from winsome-soon tribe. :phone:
HeartOFaChampion Wrote:If the Donnie Daniel guy does come up there most of the players will not play for him because I've heard alot of talk around the school! And to bad this is not a coach or a player!!!!!!!!! But you know look who SF played in 2004 i guess kentcuky school of def and dumb could beat Jenkins, Betsy Lane, and who ever else they played.:lol:

DONNIE DANIELS :Sad04: :boosign: :boosign: :boosign: :boosign: :boosign: :boosign: :boosign:

"School of the deaf or dumb" sorry to tell ya bub but SF hasn't played them in quite some time....I think that SF did beat Hazard and my very own Paintsville in 2004 so I would get my facts straight. His name is Donnie Daniels not Donnie Daniel...and I wouldn't worry to much about him coming to SV b/c hes not going to. I guess thats SV loss though.
New news from the Valley of pray4turf...............decision will be made before 1/5/06. The Jonancy brethren are all excited as names are being thrown around. Look for new chief to have many feathers in headdress.:Thumbs:
They need to make a decision right now. Most teams have already started working.
DTA Wrote:New news from the Valley of pray4turf...............decision will be made before 1/5/06. The Jonancy brethren are all excited as names are being thrown around. Look for new chief to have many feathers in headdress.:Thumbs:

From what I hear "DTA" maybe you should put your name in to wear the headdress.
dta,did you play football
I played some touch in my backyard. Not much on defense but I an offensive machine. Wideout,half-back,full-back,slot reciever, punt returner and I also gave out popcicles in between each quarter.I may sound selfish and I am sure some of you guys are saying "there is no I in team" but if you look real close there is a ME in TEAM.:Clap: I will dig for some more info and get back to you on the next episode of "So you want to be a SV football coach!"
DTA Wrote:I played some touch in my backyard. Not much on defense but I an offensive machine. Wideout,half-back,full-back,slot reciever, punt returner and I also gave out popcicles in between each quarter.I may sound selfish and I am sure some of you guys are saying "there is no I in team" but if you look real close there is a ME in TEAM.:Clap: I will dig for some more info and get back to you on the next episode of "So you want to be a SV football coach!"

We appreciate you digging up all this information and we'll see if they'll post a job for someone to pass out popicles at halftime and before the game.
Well to get away from the coaching but does any one know who they have in these positions?

HB
FB
LINEMEN
QB
WR

if anyone knows :thanks:
HB- Brock Kinney, Jonah Justice (jr)
FB- John Johnson (sr)
LINEMEN- Tyler Cable (sr) Eric Althauser and Daniel Gillepsie (jr)
QB- Tyler Johnson (Jr)
WR- Colby Newsome (sr) Lucas Simpkins and Jacob Bryant (jr)
Anymore names out there that have applied?
They won't be any good next season.
i dont think they will do very well they will probably win 4 to 5 games
Out of this world!!!! From the sound of things a treat every now and again may be what the doctor ordered. Back to business.................. New name floating around the watering hole, former Whitesburg coach Tony Sergent.
Just heard at the local grocery store here in hi-hat that Donnie Daniels is very interested and has a meeting set up with medicine man next week. P.S. store owner is from SV so source should be reliable :Thumbs:
I was in the movie theater over the weekend and I thought I heard the beaver from "Chronicles of Narnia" say the coach would come from Narnia..... hahaha. I thought it was as good as the rest of these rumors on here...
You and your beaver stories.
I was told that David Osborne applied Thursday for the job. Do you think that they will give him a chance?
DTA for President!
This team has talent but the lack of coaches. Without that, you won't go very far. But, good luck!
shelby valley will be good next year
Anyone conserened with Shelby Valley football (this includes players, parents, famileys, administration, and everyone else) you are CRAZY if you think Anthony Hampton is a worthy coach! I believe that you learn from experance, and if a man hasn't played that much how can he coach? Also, if Jay Cobb applies and the S.V. adm. dosen't hire him they are DUMB! He has turned Somerset into one of the top programs in 1A, and the mountains. He won more playoff games this season than S.V. has won in history!

Just a thought: hypathedicly (i can't spell) if say...Coach Cobb is hired as head coach, and he hires Hampton on as an assistant, he better keep in mind what happened to Greg Napier! The only reason he (napier) isn't coach is because of the people he had on his staff. IMO he is a GREAT football coach, but couldn't get past his assistants, I for one am sorry coach Nape, because of what happened to you, you deserve a fresh start! and I would love to see what would happen if you and Hampton were to end up on oppisite sidelines with two evenly matched football teams...love u coach napier, I'm sorry for letting 2 coaches who will remain nameless pursuade us into a walk-out. thank you for everything you have done for us, on and off the field!
i-dono Wrote:Also, if Jay Cobb applies and the S.V. adm. dosen't hire him they are DUMB! He has turned Somerset into one of the top programs in 1A, and the mountains. He won more playoff games this season than S.V. has won in history!

Why would Jay Cobb consider leaving a program like SOMERSET for ANY other job?

Steady run of talent coming up. Tradition. Facilities. Community Support.

Seems to be everything SV isn't according to what people on here are saying about SV.
I doubt it football, he has put alot into sumerset, and he has the program set up there, he probably won't leave, but if he does, where ever he goes is a lucky place!
Without a coach in place and soon SV will be lucky to make the playoffs, the coaching carousel has to stop for the program to progress
I agree. I think Cobb has been in a situation similar to SV when he was at KCC.
I have to inform everyone that posts on this tread that HAMPTON TOLD THAT HE PULLED HIS APPLICATION FROM THE COACHING PIC!
Guess he saw the writing on the wall.:ref1:

Good luck to you Coach Hampton!!!
I'm pretty sure that Hampton will remain on the staff...eventhough he is not running for coach..