•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle Co. to Play at Centre Friday
Quote:That's the real reason, you nailed it right there buddy. I am so glad we got someone with some sense on BGR finally.

just kidding dont get mad im to nice of a guy to be mad at
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:just kidding dont get mad im to nice of a guy to be mad at

That's OK BigBlue. I am sure you are a nice dude. Good Luck to your team this Friday.
sawmill Wrote:I say we tailgate at my shop 5min walk to the game.. GO REBELS!!!!!!!

sounds good to me,I will spead the word!:1:
Looks like Boyle is playing with the KHSAA. If Centre is only allowing 2500 people and no standing on the track this will be a mess. Boyle is playing the advantage game. This one on the turf and then LC on grass. If your field is to bad this week I promise you it will be bad next. The KHSAA will not allow this with only 2500 fans after this week. But that is what you want, LC on grass. One shot deal.
Snare43 Wrote:Looks like Boyle is playing with the KHSAA. If Centre is only allowing 2500 people and no standing on the track this will be a mess. Boyle is playing the advantage game. This one on the turf and then LC on grass. If your field is to bad this week I promise you it will be bad next. The KHSAA will not allow this with only 2500 fans after this week. But that is what you want, LC on grass. One shot deal.

How exactly is that an advantage? Centre is charging 4,000.00 to use the field.
Snare43 Wrote:Looks like Boyle is playing with the KHSAA. If Centre is only allowing 2500 people and no standing on the track this will be a mess. Boyle is playing the advantage game. This one on the turf and then LC on grass. If your field is to bad this week I promise you it will be bad next. The KHSAA will not allow this with only 2500 fans after this week. But that is what you want, LC on grass. One shot deal.

Exactly how are they playing with the KHSAA? Home team decides the venue of the game and if you saw the field you would see why they took this route for the game. They put rye on the field and are doing everything they can to have it ready for 2 playoff games if needed. I don't forsee seating capacity being an issue for the WJ game in my opinion. Could they play at home? Sure they could. But they are doing everything they can to have as good a track as possible for LC and Bell if it goes that far.

:dontthink Boyle's field is not new news to anyone in the state. IMO there will be no one turned away from the WJ game. 2,500 people is alot for this game and I just do not see it.

For the Advantage Game you say? Why go to Centre and play this week to save the field for Catholic. The Field will be in much better shape next week for this move, and thats if both Boyle and Lex Cath advances. If we win and have to travel to Holmes, than the filed is in even better shape for the following week if we win and play against the Region 7,8 winner.

If anything to me this looks like a quote of someone who is scared of Boyle! Confusedhh:
We respect both Boyle and LC, looks to me like someone scared of Lexington Catholic.
Snare43 Wrote:We respect both Boyle and LC, looks to me like someone scared of Lexington Catholic.

You are going to have to explain this one..........:popcorn:
Snare43 Wrote:We respect both Boyle and LC, looks to me like someone scared of Lexington Catholic.

To be honest with you I am. I can't speak for the rest. They are a very good team and very capable of beating us. Over the past 10 years these two have been some good ballgames. If they play next week I don't see anything different. The 1999,& 2000 playoff games was IMO the State Championship game for the Region Title. IMHO I see it the same way this year.
Rebel55 Wrote:To be honest with you I am. I can't speak for the rest. They are a very good team and very capable of beating us. Over the past 10 years these two have been some good ballgames. If they play next week I don't see anything different. The 1999,& 2000 playoff games was IMO the State Championship game for the Region Title. IMHO I see it the same way this year.

Having respect for an opponent and being scared are two totally different things. I want him to explain why we would be scared of anyone? Respect, yes. Scared, no.
64black&gold Wrote:I said they would be there as needed.

Are you sure you are a Boyle co. fan.you sound more like a Bell co. fan wanting to argue about who was right,and who was wrong.we Boyle fans should stick togather.

I love it when people speak about that which they know nothing.

You obviously don't have a clue as to the KHSAA rules for hosting a playoff game which state the host team chooses the venue. Boyle chose this venue, no game being played here. In fact, if they wanted to host a future game such as say a semi-final at Centre, they have that right. The other team has no say except in agreeing on the date.

Another person from a SE county tried to state the same ignorance on another site and found out he too did not know of what he spoke.

:eyeroll:

Why would Boyle be SCARED of Lex Cath? They do respect the Knights, but scared, come on. :dontthink

Check out the series record and you will find it stands at 3-2 Boyle since they were placed in the same district three years ago. It stands at 7-3 Boyle since 1999. Doesn't sound like fear but respect to an unbiased view. :HitWall:
Hatz Wrote:I love it when people speak about that which they know nothing.

You obviously don't have a clue as to the KHSAA rules for hosting a playoff game which state the host team chooses the venue. Boyle chose this venue, no game being played here. In fact, if they wanted to host a future game such as say a semi-final at Centre, they have that right. The other team has no say except in agreeing on the date.

Another person from a SE county tried to state the same ignorance on another site and found out he too did not know of what he spoke.

That is correct,great post Hatz.:worthy:
backinblack2003 Wrote:Having respect for an opponent and being scared are two totally different things.

I should have said Respect

Boyle/ Lex Cath have been some good high school football games.
How much does it cost to install field turf? Only reason I ask is because Boyle is shelling out $4,000 to Centre for this game. How many home games in the past have they moved because of the field? I know the Danville game a few years ago was moved to Danville for this reason.
The number that I have heard is $750,000 for turf. That is a lot of Bingo to work.
I think this a great move, due to the fact that this will bring out the abilities of the players greater and lower the risk of serious injuries suffered by poor feet placement , twist and slips. Great move Boyle hope Bell can meet you there:rockon:
Hatz Wrote:I love it when people speak about that which they know nothing.

Hatz if you are trying to bring me into this well you have. If you think that KHSAA will let Boyle play Lex Cath or even Bell in a stadium that will only hold 2500 you are crazy. Snare 43 knew exactly what he was talking about with the number of fans and no one on the track we will just wait and see. Why they pay 4000 dollars to play at a place where your fans will not be able to see. Better hope you have someone on the KHSAA board.
rd11 Wrote:who makes these decisions...crazy,just crazy.field didn't look that bad,why give advantage.

so im not the only one that thinks it gives the opponent a little better opportunity.
If Boyle and Bell both make it I'll walk from McCreary to see that game.TongueirateShoTongueirateSho
1) Anyone who has seen Ballard Robinson field in the past several weeks knows it's a mess. I would think people would be glad that the game was moved to Centre. Those espousing the conspiracy theories haven't a clue about that which they speak. :dontthink

2) Does anyone really believe that Boyle needs to play on a particular field to beat West Jessamine, Lex Cath, or Bell County? Boyle is a favorite in each of those games regardless of where they are played. They could lose any one of the games, but not because of the field. :Thumbs:

3) You know it all's arguing about what the KHSAA is going to do or not do are blowing smoke. None of you have a clue what they'll do if anything. :dontthink

:thanks:
Amped 88 Wrote:Hatz if you are trying to bring me into this well you have. If you think that KHSAA will let Boyle play Lex Cath or even Bell in a stadium that will only hold 2500 you are crazy. Snare 43 knew exactly what he was talking about with the number of fans and no one on the track we will just wait and see. Why they pay 4000 dollars to play at a place where your fans will not be able to see. Better hope you have someone on the KHSAA board.

Where in the KHSAA bylaws does it give their board the authority you speak of? Maybe you forgot our previous thread on this topic but here's the ruling that "BackinBlack" found in the KHSAA website:

From the KHSAA site for the 2008 playoffs. Would assume they would apply to 2009 as well (couldn't find anything on 2009 playoffs on the site). Looks from this that the home team has the say on the site.

The Principal of the host school shall serve as, or shall appoint, a manager for each playoff contest. The home
manager will set the site for the game.
A complete bracket of your Class is constantly updated on the KHSAA web site http://www.khsaa.org/football. Go to
that web site and go to the bracket link throughout the playoffs.
Playoff competition will begin on the Thursday, Friday or Saturday two weeks prior to Thanksgiving Day (November
13, 14 or 15, 2008).
All playoff contests shall be held on Friday unless there exists a mutual agreement between the schools to hold the
game on another day due to field conditions or availability, availability of officials, or in the mutual best interests of
the competing teams.
The game time shall be 7:30 p.m. local time unless the schools have a mutual agreement to play at another time.
The top four teams as determined by intra-district records after all tie breakers have been applied will qualify for the
championship playoffs. The finishing position within the Region shall hereinafter be referred to as the “seeded
position”.
No playoff game shall be scheduled or played on a date or time that requires a loss of school time.
The site of all games during the first four rounds in all classes shall be determined by the designated home team.
The game manager shall notify the KHSAA of the site, date and time of the game not later than 10 a.m. Monday prior
to the game.

The entire thread is found at: [ame="http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72727"]Who Determines Where a Playoff Game is Played? - Kentucky Sports Forum - BlueGrassRivals[/ame]

Now if you are speaking of a rule not mentioned here then please, by all means, produce it.

I've never seen so many "outsiders" care so much about whether a game is played on one field or another. :igiveup:
I have a question that relates to the seating capicity at Centre for this weeks game for Boyle Co. Previous post has stated a limit at 2500 fans. Is this true and will Boyle keeping playing here the next weeks if they keep winning, as they have home field thru playoffs until the state championship. I was at last years game when Bell and Boyle played in the State Semi's @ Log Mtn and I would say that 7500 people was at that game. Does Centre have room for this many people if both teams play here. Plus how many fans show up for the Lex Cath game vs Boyle on average?
BellCoBobcatFan Wrote:I have a question that relates to the seating capicity at Centre for this weeks game for Boyle Co. Previous post has stated a limit at 2500 fans. Is this true and will Boyle keeping playing here the next weeks if they keep winning, as they have home field thru playoffs until the state championship. I was at last years game when Bell and Boyle played in the State Semi's @ Log Mtn and I would say that 7500 people was at that game. Does Centre have room for this many people if both teams play here. Plus how many fans show up for the Lex Cath game vs Boyle on average?

This is the only game Boyle intends to play at Centre. All other playoff games are intended to be at Rebel Stadium.
BellCoBobcatFan Wrote:I have a question that relates to the seating capicity at Centre for this weeks game for Boyle Co. Previous post has stated a limit at 2500 fans. Is this true and will Boyle keeping playing here the next weeks if they keep winning, as they have home field thru playoffs until the state championship. I was at last years game when Bell and Boyle played in the State Semi's @ Log Mtn and I would say that 7500 people was at that game. Does Centre have room for this many people if both teams play here. Plus how many fans show up for the Lex Cath game vs Boyle on average?

Not totally true.

If Lex Cath wins and Boyle wins, then the Rebels will have "Home Field" throughout the playoffs. If Holmes beats the Knights, Boyle will have to travel to Covington next week (provided the Rebs beat WJ). :Thumbs:
Hatz Wrote:Where in the KHSAA bylaws does it give their board the authority you speak of? Maybe you forgot our previous thread on this topic but here's the ruling that "BackinBlack" found in the KHSAA website:

From the KHSAA site for the 2008 playoffs. Would assume they would apply to 2009 as well (couldn't find anything on 2009 playoffs on the site). Looks from this that the home team has the say on the site.

The Principal of the host school shall serve as, or shall appoint, a manager for each playoff contest. The home
manager will set the site for the game.
A complete bracket of your Class is constantly updated on the KHSAA web site http://www.khsaa.org/football. Go to
that web site and go to the bracket link throughout the playoffs.
Playoff competition will begin on the Thursday, Friday or Saturday two weeks prior to Thanksgiving Day (November
13, 14 or 15, 2008).
All playoff contests shall be held on Friday unless there exists a mutual agreement between the schools to hold the
game on another day due to field conditions or availability, availability of officials, or in the mutual best interests of
the competing teams.
The game time shall be 7:30 p.m. local time unless the schools have a mutual agreement to play at another time.
The top four teams as determined by intra-district records after all tie breakers have been applied will qualify for the
championship playoffs. The finishing position within the Region shall hereinafter be referred to as the “seeded
position”.
No playoff game shall be scheduled or played on a date or time that requires a loss of school time.
The site of all games during the first four rounds in all classes shall be determined by the designated home team.
The game manager shall notify the KHSAA of the site, date and time of the game not later than 10 a.m. Monday prior
to the game.

The entire thread is found at: Who Determines Where a Playoff Game is Played? - Kentucky Sports Forum - BlueGrassRivals

Now if you are speaking of a rule not mentioned here then please, by all means, produce it.

I've never seen so many "outsiders" care so much about whether a game is played on one field or another. :igiveup:

I will have to look but I think that it still has to be approved by the KHSAA the site if it is somewhere else. I don't think that they will approve Centre for the semifinal game. I really don't care but Boyle does not want to play Bell Co on turf. Bell has more overall teams speed thand Boyle I will garantee that.:Thumbs:
Amped 88 Wrote:I will have to look but I think that it still has to be approved by the KHSAA the site if it is somewhere else. I don't think that they will approve Centre for the semifinal game. I really don't care but Boyle does not want to play Bell Co on turf. Bell has more overall teams speed thand Boyle I will garantee that.:Thumbs:

Oh no. Not yet another team that has more speed than us.............
If Hatz will look I said that it would be a one shot deal.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next