Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike Central 40 - Sheldon Clark 18
congrats to PC great win and does anyone know the possible matchup for PC in first round.
Big win for PCC...Congrats!
rallo316 Wrote:congrats to PC great win and does anyone know the possible matchup for PC in first round.

I think it all breaks down like this...

Belfry hosts Lewis County (3-6) overall (1-3) district
Pike Central host Fleming Co. (5-4) overall (2-2) district
Sheldon Clark Travels to Russell (6-1) overall (3-1) district
East Ridge trabels to Mason (9-0) overall (4-0) district

someone correct me if im wrong
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:I think it all breaks down like this...

Belfry hosts Lewis County (3-6) overall (1-3) district
Pike Central host Fleming Co. (5-4) overall (2-2) district
Sheldon Clark Travels to Russell (6-1) overall (3-1) district
East Ridge trabels to Mason (9-0) overall (4-0) district

someone correct me if im wrong

You are right on SLAMMA except I believe Russell is 6-4 maybe.
wow!! great game hawks,,so proud of each one of you! The hawks came out ready to play,I really dont think players being out had anything to do with the outcome of this game,If you were there,The Hawks came on the field as a team and was prepared for the Cards,NOW on to playoffs,you can bet on the Hawks,with the talent of the players and the coaching staff, unstopable!! good luck to all teams in the playoffs...
Does anyone know anything about the Fleming Co. team?????
hawkfan1 Wrote:wow!! great game hawks,,so proud of each one of you! The hawks came out ready to play,I really dont think players being out had anything to do with the outcome of this game,If you were there,The Hawks came on the field as a team and was prepared for the Cards,NOW on to playoffs,you can bet on the Hawks,with the talent of the players and the coaching staff, unstopable!! good luck to all teams in the playoffs...

You may be right about the outcome of the game not being affected by the absence of all the SC players, but the margin, IMO, definitely was. But you can only play with the players available, and PC took full advantage of this, Good Luck to the Hawks in the playoffs, and if SC can get reloaded and refocused, i expect them to be back at Belfry in the second round.
hawkfan1 Wrote:Does anyone know anything about the Fleming Co. team?????

Best bet would be to start a new thread after this week and let the Russell fans fill you in.
Great Job PCC LOOK FORWORD to playing you in the playoffs good job keep it up
Wow
Wow big congrats on this win PCC. It does set up an intreastring match up with Russell and Sheldon Clark. Will all they SC players be able too play?
Cody Meade and Aaron were beast this game
Ratburn14 Wrote:Cody Meade and Aaron were beast this game

Is Aaron the QB?
CardinalAlum Wrote:Is Aaron the QB?

Yes.

thanks for the info i will get a report on Fleming Co u guys are great on here.
first time for everything,good job pcc
thats crazy i thought the big bad cardinals was greatest team in the state
PCC is alot better than i thought...I thought SC would pull that one out, this was the first time i watched PCC all year, i had just seen highlights but they really suprised...I honestly dont think it wouldve matter if SC had the suspended players.
It would not have mattered if SC had the 2 players it was missing or not. PC came to win and controlled the game the entire time. I honestly didn't think they had it in them, but boy did they surprise me. Again way to go PC.
openminded Wrote:It would not have mattered if SC had the 2 players it was missing or not. PC came to win and controlled the game the entire time. I honestly didn't think they had it in them, but boy did they surprise me. Again way to go PC.

sc had 5 starters out not 2 and yes it would have matterd alot
IntheZone Wrote:sc had 5 starters out not 2 and yes it would have matterd alot
:please: I was also told that there was only a LB and RB out for this game and that the team would be whole again for next weeks game. If there was 5 starters out than it would have made a difference to have them, but PC came to win and that's what they did.
AandB Wrote::please: I was also told that there was only a LB and RB out for this game and that the team would be whole again for next weeks game. If there was 5 starters out than it would have made a difference to have them, but PC came to win and that's what they did.

No there were 3 suspended and 2 injured. Thats five total. However most of them if not all played both sides of the ball.
Matman Wrote:No there were 3 suspended and 2 injured. Thats five total. However most of them if not all played both sides of the ball.

All of them did play both ways but its over and down with we need to get healthy and get ready for Russell.
I must say....they finally got a coach that can coach football. Watch I do disagree they did let one in house not even get looked at that is one of the best defense minds on the east coast of the US IMO. An he is from northern Ohio. so he knows football. But again congrats hawks.
IntheZone Wrote:sc had 5 starters out not 2 and yes it would have matterd alot

I dont think so...Avery has only rushed for a lil over 300 yards all year and wouldnt have made that big of a deal...Cody Slone wouldve helped on defense but not enough to win..Channing Smith was by far SC biggest loss on defense but the way PCC played it wouldnt have mattered cos they controlled the game.
Tony_Delk_fan_00 Wrote:I dont think so...Avery has only rushed for a lil over 300 yards all year and wouldnt have made that big of a deal...Cody Slone wouldve helped on defense but not enough to win..Channing Smith was by far SC biggest loss on defense but the way PCC played it wouldnt have mattered cos they controlled the game.

you left out our two best defensive players our 2 middle linebackers kp skyles and bj jarell tho which would have made a big difference i think
IntheZone Wrote:you left out our two best defensive players our 2 middle linebackers kp skyles and bj jarell tho which would have made a big difference i think

im talking about suspended players...we all knew kp was going to be out for this one 2 weeks ago so sheldon clark had enough time to prepare for that..This team is unfocused and they make excuses when they lose.
Tony_Delk_fan_00 Wrote:im talking about suspended players...we all knew kp was going to be out for this one 2 weeks ago so sheldon clark had enough time to prepare for that..This team is unfocused and they make excuses when they lose.

very good point move on to the next game cards and quit thinking about what could have been. i think this game would have been a lil closer if all of sc players would have played but nobody will ever know what would have been. My advise to SC is to move on and focus on belfry. this game with pikeville means nothing. get healthy and rest the players that need to be rested. nobody will remember a loss to pikeville if you go to Russell and beat them.. Dont give up cards or the season will be over in two weeks!!
Not many teams here in hills can play much with 4-5 starters out we usually dont have the #'s to cover that many not playing,ask the Bobcats at Breathitt Co. they have yet to play a game with all starters playing and will not because of acl's and mcl injuries but you have to play with what you have,lots teams look at Breathitts record and say they have been bad but they have played a tough schedule and been without services of 4 starters all year so its hard to play without them and Fugate actually didnt play in Johnson Central game maybe a play or two and Hazard he didnt even dress and we won 1 and lost one so i like the Bobcats chances going to Bowling Green in 3 A its getting cooler and cats play better...Go Bobcats!!!
This was an eye opener for a lot of doubters. The hawks are improving and they are gaining confidence.....Go HAWKS! I will have to say that the fans from Sheldon Clark were very classy.....And both teams assisted each others players up off the field by reaching a hand to the other.....Awesome group of young men on both sides of the ball. Good luck to both teams in the playoffs.