Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County 26 - Boyd County 16
Hey catdawg was wondering how the playoff system works now the first two rounds is it district against district or do we play in our district first two rounds and winners from the two play for regional champ. I know it used to be district against district not sure now all this 6 class crap.
As far as I know it is back to being district against district. LC will take on district 7 number 4 seed.
Cat Dawg Wrote:I'll tell you what worries me. Larry West is not even in the game anymore. It's been the 4th qtr before you see him get any playing time in the last two games.

When he's in the backfield it opens up the running game for everyone.

When he's on the bench it affects the whole team. I'm a LC fan first and foremost but I think the coaching staff needs to re-think what they're doing with West. The guy was all-state last year and you're telling me he's not good enough to play more than just a few plays on offense?

What is his average yrd per carry? It has to be way up there. Plus he's a SENIOR!

I'm glad we're winning but it's getting hard to figure out what's going on.

Its called being a TEAM!!!! Its not about what we do as one person but what we do as a TEAM!!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Batpuff Wrote:Its called being a TEAM!!!! Its not about what we do as one person but what we do as a TEAM!!!!
he must be a team player i am sure he would be use more in the next few weeks an i am sure LC will throw the ball more
Well, first Congrats to LC for the great turn around and the District Championship! But I have to say after our first drive down the field we seem to go flat as if all we had to do is show up for the win. BC did bring their "A" game but this was not LC football from what we have seen all year! Missing was not one big hit from the defensive side of the ball, some D-backs waiting on the play to come to them instead of attacking, not the brand of football we have seen all year. This is the time we need to be peaking! Now is the time for our Seniors to step up and lead for this playoff run! Do not want to sound negative, but we can, and need to do better than tonight !! Lets go Bulldogs, strap on those chin straps and play some good ole hard hitting LC football !!
Batpuff Wrote:Its called being a TEAM!!!! Its not about what we do as one person but what we do as a TEAM!!!!

I know what you are saying and I agree. Is West not a team player? I know nothing about the kid other than what I see on the football field.

But I also know he should be playing more than he is.

Who thinks he wouldn't have stopped that kickoff return for a TD had he been on special teams? It's crazy how the last two games he hasn't played defense until late 3rd -early 4th qtr.

I keep telling myself come playoff time he will be used more but after the last two games I have my doubts. Plus how silly is that really? Do you not use the fastest guy on the team just so come playoff time he's a secret weapon?

To quote Michael Jordan "there is no I in TEAM, but there is in WIN."
Congratulations to the Bulldogs on a hard fought win. Have to give some credit to Bc for playing their best defensive game of the year. Pack was a beast out there as he has been all year. Let's go Dawgs beat Tolsia.
THEBIGDAWG Wrote:I TOTALLY AGREE AND BEEN WONDERING WHY THEY DON'T USE HIM MORE. BUT I DO UNDERSTAND AT WHY HE DOESN'T GET MORE CARRIES AFTER WATCHING TONIGHT HE RUNS TO THE SIDELINES BUT NEEDS TO CUT IT UP. IF I WERE COACHING I WOULD DEFINETLY GET THE BALL IN HIS HANDS OTHER WAYS. YOU GET HIM OUT IN THE OPEN HE WOULD BE DANGEROUS LIL SCREENS AND SEND HIM DEEP EVERY NOW AND THEN. BUT I EXPECT TO SEE THIS AND SPREAD FORMATIONS IN THE NEXT COUPLE WEEKS AND IF THEY DON'T THEY ARE JUST PLAIN STUPID. THIS KID IS SOMETHING SPECIAL :rockon:

You are gonna get on here and bash a staff that has taken a team from 0-11 to 9-0 and only the fifth district championship in school history? Really???

You might not like the way West is being utilized, but perhaps you should be a little bit patient. LC is running a wing T, not a run and shoot, not fast break on turf. People have to fit into the scheme of things, including West.

They sent him deep twice against Rowan last week and he scored once and the other was out of bounds. They get him the ball in the return game, are obviously utilizing him in various spots on defense as needed and get him an average of 7 to 8 plays intended for him in an offense that has gotten fewer than 40 snaps on several occasions due to the games being lopsided.

Granted, he is fast and talented. But if this offense is West outside, Pack inside, then the defense has two key reads and they become really easy to prepare for in a week.

Having to worry about Pack, James, Bentley, West, Kiser's passing, Frasher, Mills, West as a receiver, West as a return man - that's a lot of headaches for one week.

West seemed really happy to have won the first championship of his life after the game last night - maybe you and a couple others around here should be as well.
dbcooper Wrote:You are gonna get on here and bash a staff that has taken a team from 0-11 to 9-0 and only the fifth district championship in school history? Really???

You might not like the way West is being utilized, but perhaps you should be a little bit patient. LC is running a wing T, not a run and shoot, not fast break on turf. People have to fit into the scheme of things, including West.

They sent him deep twice against Rowan last week and he scored once and the other was out of bounds. They get him the ball in the return game, are obviously utilizing him in various spots on defense as needed and get him an average of 7 to 8 plays intended for him in an offense that has gotten fewer than 40 snaps on several occasions due to the games being lopsided.

Granted, he is fast and talented. But if this offense is West outside, Pack inside, then the defense has two key reads and they become really easy to prepare for in a week.

Having to worry about Pack, James, Bentley, West, Kiser's passing, Frasher, Mills, West as a receiver, West as a return man - that's a lot of headaches for one week.

West seemed really happy to have won the first championship of his life after the game last night - maybe you and a couple others around here should be as well.
:worthy::rockon::Clap::Thumbs::1::1::1::1::1:
Just curious, how many seniors will Lawrence graduate this year?
16, I believe.
dbcooper Wrote:16, I believe.

How many in the skill positions? Will they return the core next year, or will they start to rebuild, or just reload?
They will lose a great fullback, the tight end and split end and one wing. They will lose a few good linemen as well.

That said, they have a terrific fullback waiting his chance, return the number 2 and 3 rushers, have some good linemen stepping in and an experienced, very good sophomore QB. They also have some talented kids on the defensive side returning.

What could be missing in a "reload" attempt next season is the depth they've enjoyed this season. Very few kids have had to go both ways and I think that changes in 2010, and makes the season more challenging.
dbcooper Wrote:They will lose a great fullback, the tight end and split end and one wing. They will lose a few good linemen as well.

That said, they have a terrific fullback waiting his chance, return the number 2 and 3 rushers, have some good linemen stepping in and an experienced, very good sophomore QB. They also have some talented kids on the defensive side returning.

What could be missing in a "reload" attempt next season is the depth they've enjoyed this season. Very few kids have had to go both ways and I think that changes in 2010, and makes the season more challenging.
Sounds like a pretty good core then. Good luck in the playoffs this year.
dbcooper Wrote:You are gonna get on here and bash a staff that has taken a team from 0-11 to 9-0 and only the fifth district championship in school history? Really???

Great post!!! Some people around here are never satisfied.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
good win and good luck in playoffs
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Just curious, how many seniors will Lawrence graduate this year?

There is 16 here is a picture of them after the Greenup Co game.. Missing from the picture is Josh Mills... He was hurt on the 2nd play of them game and taken to KDMC via ambulance.

[Image: http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c376/b...GCgame.jpg]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congrats on the win Dawgs and an even bigger congrats on the Championship!
I didn't realize that LC has only won 5 district titles in school history. Is this correct? We won more games in the 90's then any other school in the state and only 5 titles in school history. That's just amazing. Here's hopeing for a few more Go Dawgs
You have to think LC has only been a school around 30 years. Until the 90s LC wasn't a real threat in football. Then in the 90s they were on fire but they were also in some tough districts so even though they finished with good records they didn't win the title every year.
Dawg Family Wrote:I didn't realize that LC has only won 5 district titles in school history. Is this correct? We won more games in the 90's then any other school in the state and only 5 titles in school history. That's just amazing. Here's hopeing for a few more Go Dawgs
7th most in all classes through the 90's tied with either Beechwood or Trinity I think it was.
These titles don't come around every season. It should be savored.
did we see a little weakness
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:did we see a little weakness
Nope none here.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
well is boyd that good or was you just resting people i was just wandering
Don't worry about it. They'll never make it to Bell County anyway, right?
Congrats To the LC BULLDOGS!
And as for bell co.
Its still a couple of weeks away!
And we only take 1 week at a time!

Quote:Are You PROUD TO BE A BULLDOG!!! YES WE ARE

WELL FIRST OF ALL I WAS IN NO WAY BASHING THE COACHING STAFF I JUST SAID THEY WOULD BE REALLY STUPID IF THEY DIDN'T USE WEST MORE IN THE NEXT COUPLE WEEKS GET HIM OUT IN THE OPEN SCREEN PASSES AND SEND HIM DEEP WE DID SCORE WHEN WE WENT TO HIM DIDN'T WE. AND IF THEY DON'T USE HIM MORE THEY ARE STUPID AND ANYONE WHO FEELS THEY SHOULDN'T USE HIM. WOW WE WON A DISTRICT CHAMPIONSHIP SO NOW WE SHOULD BE SATISFIED AND PACK IT IN FOR THE SEASON. NO I AM NOT SATISFIED WITH THAT AND I DON'T THINK THE REST OF LAWRENCE CO IS EITHER. I WILL GIVE THE STAFF CREDIT THEY SEE SOMETHING THEY FIX IT IN A GAME. BUT THEY ARE STARTING TO RUN THE SAME PLAY OVER AND OVER LIKE THEY DID LAST YEAR. AND IT IS A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE SOMEONE FIGURES OUT HOW TO STOP IT. SO I HOPE THEY DO HAVE A PLAN B OR A PLAN WEST I SHOULD CALL IT. YOU WOULD ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO BE OUT OF YOUR MIND NOT TO USE HIM MORE.:HitWall:
Batpuff Wrote:Great post!!! Some people around here are never satisfied.

AND THATS YOUR PROBLEM YOUR SATISFIED TO EASILY WHAT IS A DISTRICT CHAMPIONSHIP NOTHING IF YOU LOSE IN THE FIRST OR SECOND ROUND. SO COME ON PUFFY QUIT WALKING AROUND OUT THERE WITH YOUR HEAD IN YOUR **** AND GET FIRED UP.:rockon:
1st tolsia for regular season finish then mcreary central comes to town looking for a huge upset.