Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Pike Co. Central
47.83%
Sheldon Clark
52.17%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike County Central @ Sheldon Clark 10/23
off topic
edited
if you want to talk about pike central and belfry do it on a different thread please because i would like to see what people have to say about sc and pike central and i dont want to see this thead closed.. thanks!!
edited
Sheldon Clark all the way against Pike County Central
Alright here is the deal with Sheldon Clark the Belfry game killed them they proved after their backfield was ejected they cant really move the ball. Pike Central may have just as good a defensive team as belfry. Losing your starting LB and CB is not going to help things either. Chapman I would say is going to mix things up on offense, Belfry did a great job at knocking Sheldon Clark off the line and Pike Central did a great job against Belfry opening holes between the tackles. This is just another week in a good district, history have proven that Pike Central does not play good against either Sheldon Clark or Belfry who rather should I say cant play with them. However, I think Pike Central is finally coming along and hitting their stride and I think with all the dismisals of players Pike Central pulls this one out in a classic game. If Pike Central can move the ball well on a Belfry team (not saying they ran all over them but they did move the ball very well) then they can move the ball pretty darn good against the Cards with a depleted team. Now that may be the only reason Pike Central wins this one but a win is a win in the regard. IMO Sheldon Clark heatlthy and with all their players is the better team. But Pike Central wins this one by 8 in the fourth quarter. Good luck to both teams and good luck to Belfry this week...I hope this district can get back strong like the days of Sheldon Clark, Pburg and Belfry those were the good days
Sc-35

pc-7
Due to the unforeseen circumstances of the Belfry/SC game coupled with injuries (let's not forget about Mikie Moore as well as Skyles) one would have to think Pike Central not only has a legitimate chance of the upset, but may actually be favored.

The question that remains to be answered though is whether or not PC has the composure and instinct to seal the deal. PC has certainly earned respect on the field with their play against Belfry, but the fact remains that after taking the lead they watched it disappear in a hurry in crunch time. Defeating SC and earning a home playoff game is unchartered water for Central, and having that killer's instinct to seal up a victory in crunch time is what seperates the haves from the have nots.

It will also be interesting to see how PC plays early on. Against Belfry they entered under the radar with everyone expecting them to lose and probably a little bit of doubt themselves. Against SC, Central is clearly on the radar and now they enter in the unfamiliar role of being a slight favorite. It is very important for PC to play confident with a chip on their shoulder, but at the same time remain loose. We saw what happened to SC against Belfry when you play too tight.

What got lost in the scuttlebutt of the Belfry/PC game was the fact PC turned the ball over 4 or 5 times. YOU CANNOT BEAT GOOD TEAMS WHEN YOU FAIL TO PROTECT THE FOOTBALL!

If PC can play loose, turn the ball over 1 time at most, and execute defensively I see them taking this one.So here is my three part prediction:

PC Turns the ball over 1 time or less:
PC 20
SC 14

PC Turns the Ball Over 2-3 Times:
SC 21
PC 14

PC turns the Ball over 4+ times:
SC 28
PC 7
Tough game here, Ill be sure to travel to the rock to see this one. my prediction SC 21 PCC 14.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Due to the unforeseen circumstances of the Belfry/SC game coupled with injuries (let's not forget about Mikie Moore as well as Skyles) one would have to think Pike Central not only has a legitimate chance of the upset, but may actually be favored.

The question that remains to be answered though is whether or not PC has the composure and instinct to seal the deal. PC has certainly earned respect on the field with their play against Belfry, but the fact remains that after taking the lead they watched it disappear in a hurry in crunch time. Defeating SC and earning a home playoff game is unchartered water for Central, and having that killer's instinct to seal up a victory in crunch time is what seperates the haves from the have nots.

It will also be interesting to see how PC plays early on. Against Belfry they entered under the radar with everyone expecting them to lose and probably a little bit of doubt themselves. Against SC, Central is clearly on the radar and now they enter in the unfamiliar role of being a slight favorite. It is very important for PC to play confident with a chip on their shoulder, but at the same time remain loose. We saw what happened to SC against Belfry when you play too tight.

What got lost in the scuttlebutt of the Belfry/PC game was the fact PC turned the ball over 4 or 5 times. YOU CANNOT BEAT GOOD TEAMS WHEN YOU FAIL TO PROTECT THE FOOTBALL!

If PC can play loose, turn the ball over 1 time at most, and execute defensively I see them taking this one.So here is my three part prediction:

PC Turns the ball over 1 time or less:
PC 20
SC 14

PC Turns the Ball Over 2-3 Times:
SC 21
PC 14

PC turns the Ball over 4+ times:
SC 28
PC 7

These are some really good points. I would throw in the fact that sometimes a wounded tiger, or cardinal in this case, is very dangerous. Many times, players that have never been asked, or forced, to step up and play do so. Also, you factor in a week of practice with some of the younger guys and that will help SC. Home field advantage,and who turns the ball over the least, will be the deciding factor in this game, IMO. SC 20, Pike Central, 19.
Central is playing pretty good defense at this time. I hope both teams stay healthy and show what class programs that "both teams" are and may the best team win without any outside influences. I, myself, must be for the Hawks.....Let's just enjoy the game.
The Pike Central/Belfry game was two weeks ago.....
True SC will be without the two Slone's, Ray , Jarrell and Skyles but one thing is for sure coach Hager will have his team ready to play and with it being senior night I see the Cards*notching a close win. Pike Central is alot better than in years past but SC will rise to the challenge.
Down and Out Wrote:True SC will be without the two Slone's, Ray , Jarrell and Skyles but one thing is for sure coach Hager will have his team ready to play and with it being senior night I see the Cards*notching a close win. Pike Central is alot better than in years past but SC will rise to the challenge.

wow didnt know this was senior night
SC better win this game or it will be the last game at the rock until next year if i am not mistaking because then they would have to travel in the first rounds of the playoffs!!
monster_energy Wrote:wow didnt know this was senior night
SC better win this game or it will be the last game at the rock until next year if i am not mistaking because then they would have to travel in the first rounds of the playoffs!!

You are correct..unless East Ridge pulls off a miracle run in the playoffs and SC defeated the 2 seed and then Belfry, it would be the last game at Inez this year if they lose.
may turn out to be a closer game than what most will predict, but still gonna give the nod to sheldon clark
Well I would imagine that will take place next year then.
pcc 36
sc 20

Let's go Hawks
I'll take Sheldon Clark by two touchdowns.

Best of luck to both!
EKUAlum05 Wrote:You are correct..unless East Ridge pulls off a miracle run in the playoffs and SC defeated the 2 seed and then Belfry, it would be the last game at Inez this year if they lose.

haha yeah right all that says to me is if SC loses its the last game in Inez for the year and thats a fact!!! There will be no way Belfry will get beat by them.
Well judging by the Weather Channel...

They are giving 70% chance of rain...

That might give a big edge to Pike Central....I'm just sayin'
Clark by 17
Pcc
For the second time in this thread, please keep it on topic or this thread will be shut down.:flush:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I just noticed that there are a total of only 11 votes in the poll! I'm with a bunch evidently who thinks this one is too close to call!!!

Good luck to BOTH teams and hope all come away injury free!!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
Cards win in a close game over PC. This game will a lot harder for SC to get a win due to our players being out, but Coach Hager will have time to prepare them for this game. After players leaving the game due to being ejected and from injuries. some of the remaining players seemed a little confused because a lot were playing different positions. Time for these players to prepare will be the difference between this game compared to last Fri.'s game after the "incident". Also, being Senior night will help the Cards get a win. This team has a lot of heart and determination, and these boys want to win for themselves, the team, and for the seniors who have to watch from the sidelines. SC has a lot of talent and PC better be ready because these athletes are ready to step it up and to step into position to bring home a victory for the Cards. Sure, we'll miss Slone, Slone, and Ray very badly, but the rest of the Cards will come to play-don't count them out......
WHen the missing backs from Sheldon Clark.

Im taking the hawks in this one, i really think theyre a quality team.

PCC 24
SC 7
The Iceboxx Wrote:WHen the missing backs from Sheldon Clark.

Im taking the hawks in this one, i really think theyre a quality team.

PCC 24
SC 7

When the missing backs from SC? What about the missing backs? Just curious.

Thanks
This game is at the Rock.. so that's an automatic 10 for SC.. if pc can play like they did against belfry they come outwith the win.. but Pike Central for 16 has been up and down in football.. when you expect them to do good something happens and the play calling gets terrible or they make too many mistakes.. if they stay calm and execute a balanced gameplan then i think they can play year in and year out.. as long as they keep a coach who coaches the players on and off the field.. So if pike central takes it seriously they could be a good team.. and if they play the way they are capable they will be SC again.. Especially with all those other guys out..
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
Go PCC