Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County 29 Rowan County 14
Batpuff Wrote:Dont know where you heard that from but he was just a little under the weather tonight.

That's good to know.. My brother is on the team that is where i heard it.. apparently he is retarded.lol:ChairHit:
CatDawg Wrote:I tried it at the start but it wasn't showing anything live. Only showing the shows being available. I never went back and checked again but I heard it worked well. Next week I get to make it to another. Most I've got to see in one year in several years.

Man Rowan came and tried to make a grand entrance as we came out like we always do threw the dog house.. Well they were on the opposite end of the field and when our player ran to Coach Bruce like they always do at the 50 well Rowan Co came there as well even one of them swinging a large chain and tried to intimidate us and the coaches and from LC and the officials had to step in between both schools. I knew from there LC would be ready but it really seems that all the Homecoming activities really wore them out a little bit.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
FeedMyEyes Wrote:That's good to know.. My brother is on the team that is where i heard it.. apparently he is retarded.lol:ChairHit:

Ok lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Homecoming and if we put the other three chances into the endzone we end up with at least 47 and take away the 37 second drive at the end of the half and they have 7. So it could have very easily have been 47 to 7 without the PATs. They played good and each shot themselves in the foot in the first half but I think LC could have certainly put them away early with a couple of plays.
This larry west transfer. I seen his numbers in one game was amazing. but since then... i may be wrong.... hes not getting very many touches.... what position does he play? i remember the first game he played he had like 3 tds i think
First off, nice job by Rowan County of bringing a gritty effort in the first half of the ball game.

BUT this was a very deceptive score. Lawrence County outgained them 487 to 213. Cross was held completely in check after his first carry. Chin (who I think is a VERY tough player) played his guts out for the Vikings.

Next, nobody in this district needs to talk about LC's team speed again - period. They had 8 plays of 20 or more yards to 2 for the Vikings. On the only deep throw to Cross, O'Brian was with him stride for stride.

On the other hand, James, Pack, Marcum, Bentley and West ALL struck for large gains against the Vikings.

Lawrence County was more physical (e.g. a 17 play, 99 yard, 8 minute drive in the third quarter, they were deeper and they were faster than Rowan County.

I said it before the game - football is about matchups, effort and execution. Lawrence County had better matchups, a more physical effort and in the second half simply executed better.

If not for 11 flags and one absolutely BLOWN call on a fumbled lateral which West had scooped and was scoring on, this one is a LAUGHER.

I hope Rowan County finishes the season well and the Wallace kid recovers. That aside, they need to leave chain-swinging antics to the goons on Monday Night Raw. There's no place for it in high school football and it reflects poorly on a program - especially when you don't have strong enough links on your chain to hold the dog you're taunting.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:This larry west transfer. I seen his numbers in one game was amazing. but since then... i may be wrong.... hes not getting very many touches.... what position does he play? i remember the first game he played he had like 3 tds i think

I think he is more of a WR than an every down back... He caught an amazing pass tonight with a guy all over him, but they called him out of bounds. As for kick returns, they did not kick to him once tonight...
He also caught a TD pass tonight with a defender tackling him before the ball got there, broke through it and scored. He has not gotten many touches, but certainly makes the most of what he gets to the tune of 11 plus yards per carry.
dbcooper Wrote:First off, nice job by Rowan County of bringing a gritty effort in the first half of the ball game.

BUT this was a very deceptive score. Lawrence County outgained them 487 to 213. Cross was held completely in check after his first carry. Chin (who I think is a VERY tough player) played his guts out for the Vikings.

Next, nobody in this district needs to talk about LC's team speed again - period. They had 8 plays of 20 or more yards to 2 for the Vikings. On the only deep throw to Cross, O'Brian was with him stride for stride.

On the other hand, James, Pack, Marcum, Bentley and West ALL struck for large gains against the Vikings.

Lawrence County was more physical (e.g. a 17 play, 99 yard, 8 minute drive in the third quarter, they were deeper and they were faster than Rowan County.

I said it before the game - football is about matchups, effort and execution. Lawrence County had better matchups, a more physical effort and in the second half simply executed better.

If not for 11 flags and one absolutely BLOWN call on a fumbled lateral which West had scooped and was scoring on, this one is a LAUGHER.

I hope Rowan County finishes the season well and the Wallace kid recovers. That aside, they need to leave chain-swinging antics to the goons on Monday Night Raw. There's no place for it in high school football and it reflects poorly on a program - especially when you don't have strong enough links on your chain to hold the dog you're taunting.

Well said about the chain, should be not allowed! I was impressed with RC QB, only a SO. HE will be a good one!!
Batpuff Wrote:Dont know where you heard that from but he was just a little under the weather tonight.

For Shane to be under the weather, he had a heck of a game with over 150 yards.
congrats to lc
I wonder if LC will experiment with Mills and West at WR. Maybe have one lined up in the slot.
WildDawg Wrote:I wonder if LC will experiment with Mills and West at WR. Maybe have one lined up in the slot.
They have done that several times this year already... wing West is in as a running back they will slide him out to the slot with Mills. Here is the thing... we havent needed to throw the ball.. But we know what we have if we have to.... There are several and I mean several plays no one has seen yet...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[Image: http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c376/b...rcgame.jpg]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Batpuff Wrote:They have done that several times this year already... wing West is in as a running back they will slide him out to the slot with Mills. Here is the thing... we havent needed to throw the ball.. But we know what we have if we have to.... There are several and I mean several plays no one has seen yet...

Thats great. I haven't been to all of the games because of work but it sounds like Salmons is using all of his tools on offense. I'm glad Salmons is saving some stuff for playoffs too.
I thought #36 Jacob Marcum really ignited emotion and life into the dawgs in the second half. Haven't seen him run much this year, anybody know what grade he's in?
What a game this was, lived up to the hype as a lot of players were talking on both sides. LC defense lived up to it, Cross is an excellent running back with great speed, but whoever said LC defense didn't have speed what now? Shane Pack with another gritty performance playing under the weather a little bit and still having over 150 yards rushing and 3 td's. Offensive line came out the 2nd half and took control along with the defense. Great win for LC.
Question: I know the old saying if it ain't broke don't fix it. But, with the line and stable of good RB's you guys think we might see a wildcat package out of coach Sammons? I'm thinking this is possibly one of those things he's not pulled out of his bag of tricks. Opinions?????
Dawg days! Wrote:I thought #36 Jacob Marcum really ignited emotion and life into the dawgs in the second half. Haven't seen him run much this year, anybody know what grade he's in?
Jacob is a sophmore and you are right he did a great job coming in for Shane. And what a great job by the coaches after half time. RC was shut down on both sides of the ball
Dawg days! Wrote:Question: I know the old saying if it ain't broke don't fix it. But, with the line and stable of good RB's you guys think we might see a wildcat package out of coach Sammons? I'm thinking this is possibly one of those things he's not pulled out of his bag of tricks. Opinions?????

I don't know if Salmons has practiced this but having Bentley, James, West, and Pack in the backfield at the same time is a scary thought for opposing teams. It's hard to say anything because Salmons has done a great job with the offense. Like you said, if it's not broke don't fix it.
Dawg Family Wrote:Jacob is a sophmore and you are right he did a great job coming in for Shane. And what a great job by the coaches after half time. RC was shut down on both sides of the ball

The coaching staff has done a great job at halftime adjustments all year. Sheldon Clark, Shelby Valley, and Rowan County come to mind.
WildDawg Wrote:I don't know if Salmons has practiced this but having Bentley, James, West, and Pack in the backfield at the same time is a scary thought for opposing teams. It's hard to say anything because Salmons has done a great job with the offense. Like you said, if it's not broke don't fix it.

Wow, just looking at that kinda makes me smile. Can you imagine Pack and another back blocking for West while he makes the corner? Just kinda cool to imagine.
You'll be sure to see alot more Larry West come playoff time, when he is actually needed. He did a great job coming in at OLB/CB last night when we needed someone with more speed to cover the receivers. I still strongly believe is the most talented person on the team; and soon it will show more than ever.

That said, all of Lawrence County played very tough, especially in the second half. They played great physical defense and ran the ball right up the throat of RC. Great half-time adjustments by the offensive line.
LCbulldogs Wrote:You'll be sure to see alot more Larry West come playoff time, when he is actually needed. He did a great job coming in at OLB/CB last night when we needed someone with more speed to cover the receivers. I still strongly believe is the most talented person on the team; and soon it will show more than ever.

That said, all of Lawrence County played very tough, especially in the second half. They played great physical defense and ran the ball right up the throat of RC. Great half-time adjustments by the offensive line.

Talented....Yes Most Talented.....Not even a fair thing to say when he is only ONE young man!!! There is a WHOLE team on that field and they are the same young men that was on that field last year when they fought hard every game but still came up short. Most Talented goes to those boys that love the game and believed in themselves and their coaches!! This LC team and their coaches need to stand up and pat themselves on the back...they have had a WONDERFUL season and it has been a great ride ...but it has taken a WHOLE TEAM of TALENTED PLAYERS!! Congrats goes to the Bulldogs and keep up the good work. It has been great watching you this season!