Poll: Who wins this one?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Perry County Central Commodores
56.41%
Harlan County Black Bears
43.59%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry County Central @ Harlan County 10/16
PCC wins
Coach of the year ( Browne) will have the Commodores ready.
Any report on Amis?
I think he is still alive.
pcc by 2 td's
This one is tough to call....
We don't know if Amis will play....
and we don't know if his back up Boggs will be ready or if they will have to go back to the 3rd string qb Austin Pray

I think Amis rests up for Whitley and Perry and the running game squeak this one out 20-16
The Bears have an opportunity Friday Night to show what they are made of and to gain some respect. This team is on board with Larkey and Staff and are showing focus; things are beginning to click big time. The opportunity is there and I don't see this underestimated team passing on this opportunity. Again, the Bears will be coming to play and they will be coming hard. I expect the Filthy Animal Defense will be ferocious Friday Night. Larkey will have the Bears prepared and their intensity level should be high. GO BLACK BEARS!!!!!
I don't think the Black Bears care whether or not Amis plays and from what I have heard, they are hoping he does. They are preparing with the assumption that he will be playing. Our (Coach of the Year) Tom Larkey will have the Black Bears ready, anxious, and eager to get that win. GO BLACK BEARS!!!!
BB CLAW Wrote:I don't think the Black Bears care whether or not Amis plays and from what I have heard, they are hoping he does. They are preparing with the assumption that he will be playing. Our (Coach of the Year) Tom Larkey will have the Black Bears ready, anxious, and eager to get that win. GO BLACK BEARS!!!!

There is not a coach out there would tell you they dont worry about Amis. They said Boggs was back.
Maybe some SNOW flurries in the forcast Friday night!!!
It all boils down to if the Commadores can force turnovers on the Bears, and can the defense contain Amis if he plays. You also have to factor is the Bears corner going to be able to defend the air attack that Perry Central is quite capable of. The thing is they score really quickly on us, and we responded. The bears can't get behind on Perry Central, because it is so hard to come back when you are down.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
cougarpride08 Wrote:It all boils down to if the Commadores can force turnovers on the Bears, and can the defense contain Amis if he plays. You also have to factor is the Bears corner going to be able to defend the air attack that Perry Central is quite capable of. The thing is they score really quickly on us, and we responded. The bears can't get behind on Perry Central, because it is so hard to come back when you are down.

Looks like the defense has a big task again this week. I think they'll be ready.
Patriot Wrote:It upsets us the Harlan County faithful, that so many believe one player can beat us, but I wonder how those "other weapons" from Perry feel when they don't have a chance if he doesn't play??? Should be a good game as every other game in this district has been! Our defense not giving up too many Big plays is key to winning! That has haunted us in our losses!

I've seen that one player beat plenty of teams on his own..and even if Amis does'nt play the blackbears will have to worry about Rankin, White, and Beatty..and don't forget about MATT ROBINSON!
Harlan by 6
Amis is widely respected and rightfully so. Do the Bears have an answer for him?? Be there and watch, I like the Bears chances. Friday can't get here fast enough. A night of opportunity. GO BLACK BEARS!!!!!:Thumbs:
king360 Wrote:I've seen that one player beat plenty of teams on his own..and even if Amis does'nt play the blackbears will have to worry about Rankin, White, and Beatty..and don't forget about MATT ROBINSON!

Plenty of teams aren't the Black Bears, and I think there's enough Black Bear defenders to stop 4 other players. The Defense is playing pretty strong right now! We have a pretty fair running game ourselves with Green, Taylor, and McMillan. The key to the Filthy Animal defense is giving them a lead to protect seems a thought they toughen up with a lead!
Confusedhh:
Patriot Wrote:Plenty of teams aren't the Black Bears, and I think there's enough Black Bear defenders to stop 4 other players. The Defense is playing pretty strong right now! We have a pretty fair running game ourselves with Green, Taylor, and McMillan. The key to the Filthy Animal defense is giving them a lead to protect seems a thought they toughen up with a lead!

True..most give him trouble..sometimes!
king360 Wrote:True..most give him trouble..sometimes!

Don't see it happening friday though!
harlan county cant get into an offensive battle. pcc will put the points on them quick. and i believe pccs defense is really improved from the past this year and that they will be able to stop harlans offense.

and cougarpride...it is real tough to come back on anyone once you get down a few tds. we tried to do it to letcher but came up short on 2 drives near the end of the game.
TongueoliceLig UPSET ALERT UPSET ALERT Harlan County will defeat PCC GO BLACK BEARS
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:TongueoliceLig UPSET ALERT UPSET ALERT Harlan County will defeat PCC GO BLACK BEARS

I think I'm beginning to REALLY like you BigBlueBobcatFan, LOL...:High5:
wood_chuck Wrote:harlan county cant get into an offensive battle. pcc will put the points on them quick. and i believe pccs defense is really improved from the past this year and that they will be able to stop harlans offense.

and cougarpride...it is real tough to come back on anyone once you get down a few tds. we tried to do it to letcher but came up short on 2 drives near the end of the game.

The Black Bears were down 14-0 to NL and came back, so they can do it, but I don't like it that way, it sure makes things harder!

Our Offense is improving a little every week, I believe Coach Larkey has found a combination/s he likes. We just need some speed!!!
Patriot Wrote:The Black Bears were down 14-0 to NL and came back, so they can do it, but I don't like it that way, it sure makes things harder!

Our Offense is improving a little every week, I believe Coach Larkey has found a combination/s he likes. We just need some speed!!!

:eyeroll:
Perry Central will win in a close gind it out game and hand Harlan their first home loss!
Will have huge implication of the district title, and playoff position.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Amis is playing Friday. So PCC will take this one by more than 1 touchdown.
I don't know enough about Perry Central to make a prediction. I'm just hoping for no rain on Friday. I'd like to make it out for this one.
:eyeroll: We will need some speed come Friday night. I like the Bears in this one though. :eyeroll:
heard uk told amis he could play if he can stand the pain. if he does play he probally will only be at about 75%. i like perry in this one though, by 2 td's.