Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 85 Knott County Central 34
Norm Stewert Wrote:corbin brought there powder puff girls and let them play the first half thats why it was so close at the half...... coach jewell got mad at them and pulled them in the 3rd because he was ****ed that they gave up 34 to kcc....and then he put in his dogs and the rest is high school football history!

OK?
I don't see this as running up the score in the LEAST! What is the difference in a team winning 51-0? This means a team comes out of halftime Pee'd to say the least....and actually played to there capability.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I don't see this as running up the score in the LEAST! What is the difference in a team winning 51-0? This means a team comes out of halftime Pee'd to say the least....and actually played to there capability.

I agree. This is not your normal football game.
Well to me KCC had it coming to them. If Im not mistaken, last season when KCC played South Floyd, the score was somewhere around 40-0 in the first quater and yet KCC was kicking onside kicks after every kickoff! Where was the class there? Oh yeah, they finally pulled their starters very late in the game, so it was fine.:please:
JackFrost Wrote:Well to me KCC had it coming to them. If Im not mistaken, last season when KCC played South Floyd, the score was somewhere around 40-0 in the first quater and yet KCC was kicking onside kicks after every kickoff! Where was the class there? Oh yeah, they finally pulled their starters very late in the game, so it was fine.:please:

This has nothing to do with this thread.
I hate hearing this running up the score crap. This is high school football. If you can beat a team 100-0 then by all means do it. Football is becoming such a sissy game because of all the whining going on whether it be running up the score or touching the QB. This is a man's game and should be played with men rules, not two hand touch baby stuff.

Plain and simple, if you don't want a team to score 85 points on you, play some defense, otherwise, expect it to be lopsided.
BCF4L Wrote:I hate hearing this running up the score crap. This is high school football. If you can beat a team 100-0 then by all means do it. Football is becoming such a sissy game because of all the whining going on whether it be running up the score or touching the QB. This is a man's game and should be played with men rules, not two hand touch baby stuff.

Plain and simple, if you don't want a team to score 85 points on you, play some defense, otherwise, expect it to be lopsided.

Whatever??????
Wow, Congrats Corbin. This is impressive
BCF4L Wrote:I hate hearing this running up the score crap. This is high school football. If you can beat a team 100-0 then by all means do it. Football is becoming such a sissy game because of all the whining going on whether it be running up the score or touching the QB. This is a man's game and should be played with men rules, not two hand touch baby stuff.

Why would a coach want to demoralize other kids?
Benchwarmer Wrote:Why would a coach want to demoralize other kids?

I assure you that Corbin Coaches did not want to demoralize anyone. In fact, our defense was asleep that first half and we were close to being defeated by an underrated Knott Central. At half time the coaches made some adjustments and lit a fire and our defense finally woke up. When the game was under control we pulled starters . . . we cannot help it if the JV scores . . . you cannot tell a kid NOT to score. If Knott works on defense they'll have a contending team. They hide the ball better than any team we've played to date. They are underrated. Corbin, did not run up the score at the half it was 36-34 and they were coming at us. They are better than people are giving them crediit for being. KCC keep working on your D --- your unusual offense will continue to fool many teams. Good luck the rest of the year!:Thumbs:
BIGREDDAWG Wrote:I assure you that Corbin Coaches did not want to demoralize anyone. In fact, our defense was asleep that first half and we were close to being defeated by an underrated Knott Central. At half time the coaches made some adjustments and lit a fire and our defense finally woke up. When the game was under control we pulled starters . . . we cannot help it if the JV scores . . . you cannot tell a kid NOT to score. If Knott works on defense they'll have a contending team. They hide the ball better than any team we've played to date. They are underrated. Corbin, did not run up the score at the half it was 36-34 and they were coming at us. They are better than people are giving them crediit for being. KCC keep working on your D --- your unusual offense will continue to fool many teams. Good luck the rest of the year!:Thumbs:

So you scored 49 pts. in the second half? How many did they score? I think the scored 0. It's hard for me to see how you're not running up the score when you score 7tds in the second half. How long did it take the coach to realize this game was well out of reach?
easyM Wrote:So you scored 49 pts. in the second half? How many did they score? I think the scored 0. It's hard for me to see how you're not running up the score when you score 7tds in the second half. How long did it take the coach to realize this game was well out of reach?

It's all about the BCS....margin of victory plays such a part in it. :thatsfunn
easyM Wrote:So you scored 49 pts. in the second half? How many did they score? I think the scored 0. It's hard for me to see how you're not running up the score when you score 7tds in the second half. How long did it take the coach to realize this game was well out of reach?

I am sure no matter what is said, or explanation that is given, you will not believe it, but once again, the first half was tit for tat, our defense did not do the job. The coaches probably weren't convinced that we were awake. You cannot tell a kid NOT to score. 2 of the TD's in the 2nd half were made by our freshman against KCC freshman. Take it for what it's worth . . . but I assure you Coach Jewell does not run up the score. If he did, our margin of victory would be much greater with some of the teams we've played. :dontthink
I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall in Corbins locker room at halftime.
BIGREDDAWG Wrote:I am sure no matter what is said, or explanation that is given, you will not believe it, but once again, the first half was tit for tat, our defense did not do the job. The coaches probably weren't convinced that we were awake. You cannot tell a kid NOT to score. 2 of the TD's in the 2nd half were made by our freshman against KCC freshman. Take it for what it's worth . . . but I assure you Coach Jewell does not run up the score. If he did, our margin of victory would be much greater with some of the teams we've played. :dontthink

I see what you're saying but you don't humiliate another bunch of kids to get your point across. The only point I see that was made was, let's score as much as we can so it doesn't look so bad that KCC was within two points of us at halftime. And, I understand that the jv scored the last two td's. But, the score was something like 70-34 before he decides to put them in. Was the game still in reach at that time? You don't put up 85 pts. on anyone like that. And regardless, the two point conversions made it worse as well. Don't take a knee just throw it out of the back of the end zone.
Oh this is so funny coming for KCC. Run up the score....cry me a river and get over it, just a taste of your medicine...Congrats Corbin...!!
Benchwarmer Wrote:This has nothing to do with this thread.

So you dont like talking about when KCC does the same to other teams???:eyeroll:
Oh by the way congrats Corbin. Caleb Watkins is one heck of a player.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:It sounded from the updates that Corbin actually pulled their starters at some point though.
So did Breathitt, people make me sick making excuses for other teams while bashing Breathitt. As far as I am concerned this is no better than what Breathitt has done, or Belfry has done, or any other football power has done in high-school football.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

I mean, KCC fans should feel thankful today that Corbin played the J.V. the first half. It wasn't the 85 points that stuck out to me. It was "HOW IN THE **** DID KCC SCORE 34 ON CORBIN"!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I mean, KCC fans should feel thankful today that Corbin played the J.V. the first half. It wasn't the 85 points that stuck out to me. It was "HOW IN THE **** DID KCC SCORE 34 ON CORBIN"!

Corbin must be a Latin word for OVERRATED
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I mean, KCC fans should feel thankful today that Corbin played the J.V. the first half. It wasn't the 85 points that stuck out to me. It was "HOW IN THE **** DID KCC SCORE 34 ON CORBIN"!

Corbin didn't play thier JV until the 4th quarter. and, KCC scored 34 points by playing hard. Thats how the **** they scored 34 points.
Well I will be the first to apologize about Corbin not playing there J.V. until the 4th..Which leads me to..HOW IN THE **** DID KCC SCORE 34 ON CORBIN! That any better?
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Well I will be the first to apologize about Corbin not playing there J.V. until the 4th..Which leads me to..HOW IN THE **** DID KCC SCORE 34 ON CORBIN! That any better?

TD"s and 2 pt conversions?
Well..If they had 52 more points..then they would have won the game...Smile
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Well..If they had 52 more points..then they would have won the game...Smile

OK? Your point and knowledge of this game helps what part of this thread?
Just wondering how KCC scored 34 on Corbin is all...Figured your remarks would stop after that last one..K..I am done with this thread..Best of Luck to KCC/Corbin the rest of the way...lol
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:So did Breathitt, people make me sick making excuses for other teams while bashing Breathitt. As far as I am concerned this is no better than what Breathitt has done, or Belfry has done, or any other football power has done in high-school football.

Stardust Wrote:Breathitt Co. 58 Mercer Co. 24

Forcht Bank Bowl at Campbellsville
Breathitt Co. 23 7 14 14 58

Mercer Co. 7 0 7 10 24

Scoring summary:
BC--Channing Fugate 90 kickoff return (Billy Davis kick); BC--Fugate 35 run (Tyler Little pass from Zach Epperson); MC--Tre Dunn 35 pass Dakoda Halcomb (J.J. Balu kick); BC--Safety, quarterback sacked in end zone; BC--Fugate 49 run (kick failed); BC--Josh Fletcher 18 pass from Jade Haddix (Davis kick); MC--Halcomb 10 run (Balu kick); BC--Fugate 10 run (Epperson run); BC--Fugate 43 punt return (kick failed); MC--Balu 30 field goal; BC--Fletcher 20 pass from Haddix (Davis kick); MC--John Mackey 20 pass from Dunn (Balu kick); BC--Fletcher 44 pass from Haddix (Davis kick).
Records: Breathitt Co. 1-0, Mercer Co. 0-1.

Breathitt was passing deep with their starters in the 4th Quarter...a far cry from running the ball and scoring with JV like Corbin.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Well I will be the first to apologize about Corbin not playing there J.V. until the 4th..Which leads me to..HOW IN THE **** DID KCC SCORE 34 ON CORBIN! That any better?
:Clap:
This is also the same Coach who beat Middlesboro back a few years ago like 60-7 and with a min to go ran a 2 pt conversion. I dont care what you guys say a win is a win you DONT HAVE TO SCORE 85 points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This isnt basketball. All this was about making a statement and Corbin is still overrated!