Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middlesboro Losing Players
Have they changed the enrollment policy in the County in the past several years?
Twitter: @tc_analytics

There is no policy...go anywhere you want to. If seniors have been dismissed their careers are over in high school football.
Don't you still have to follow the rules set up by the KHSAA.
I hate that all of this has happened but I have one question to ask. When in the world are you all going to run out of Witherspoons? They always seem to produce some good players.
this is sad for the fans the coaches and players from the city of middlesboro i wish them all the best and the best in the future to come and hopefully get a new staff or atleast a head coach or keep coach roark and get him a new staff but i hope everything works out the way they want it to
Yes the 3 that has been dismissed have been starting seniors and there careers are over. Middlesboro has some other great talent there right now. I would love for them to come to Bell Co to play. Next year will be ALOT worse than this year. They might not win a single game next year.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Maybe some of the Middlesboro players can just transfer to Bell Co and play.

Is this even relevant to say? :eyeroll:
If Middlesboro can get Roark out and a new coach in, then things could get turned around heading back to the right direction. It just depends on who that new coach would be. I really think there is no other option than to fire Roark. At the beginning of the season I was totally against this, but after what I've been told about this whole situation, it's time for a change and a new era to begin. There are some prime candidates out there. Maybe a Bell County assistant (just funnin' ya BellCoBobcats09). On a serious note, Middlesboro can inherit a good coach. The Yellow Jacket tradition is pretty rich and I'm sure there is someone that knows what they're doing that would love to inherit this program.

I'm sure all of this mess will be taken care at seasons end. I don't think we will have a clear picture of what next season will look like for the Jackets until next summer though. I do believe the MHS administration will make the right decision and bring in a brand new head coach. The thing is, Coach Roark's history speaks for itself. He is one of the winningest coaches in the Mountains and has a '98 state championship under his belt. Problem is, none of that matters now. It's time for a change.
I agree MiddlesboroAlumni Roark needs to go no if's or but's about it! Middlesboro has a new High School Principle from Harlan City. A new Assistant Principle from Cawood and a new Superintendant this year. Hes running out of people he knows to keep him in there! I knew this was coming even before the season started didnt I Middlesboro Alumni? I predicted a 3-7 or a lucky 4-6 record.
Maybe they should hire Ron Edwards??? What has his record been at the MMS? Afterall he was voted best Coach in the County according to the M'boro Daily News???:popcorn:
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:I agree MiddlesboroAlumni Roark needs to go no if's or but's about it! Middlesboro has a new High School Principle from Harlan City. A new Assistant Principle from Cawood and a new Superintendant this year. Hes running out of people he knows to keep him in there! I knew this was coming even before the season started didnt I Middlesboro Alumni? I predicted a 3-7 or a lucky 4-6 record.

**** has frozen over folks. BellCoBobcat09 & M'boroAlumni have agreed with one another for the first time.

Wink
BlackcatAlum Wrote:**** has frozen over folks. BellCoBobcat09 & M'boroAlumni have agreed with one another for the first time.

Wink

This is comparable to World War 2 when the Americans and Germans stopped their trench warfare on Christmas Eve and actually sang Christmas songs back and forth.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:This is comparable to World War 2 when the Americans and Germans stopped their trench warfare on Christmas Eve and actually sang Christmas songs back and forth.

Oh man, you'll get 'em started again now. If not now, they for sure will later on! lol
One of them will say something to spark the other shortly.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:One of them will saying something to spark the other shortly.

You can count on it!
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Maybe they should hire Ron Edwards??? What has his record been at the MMS? Afterall he was voted best Coach in the County according to the M'boro Daily News???:popcorn:

Ron Edwards wouldn't be a bad hire. I'm not familiar with the new administration of MHS, so I can't tell you if they would make that hire or not. I haven't lived in the community in so long that I don't even know who would be some prime candidates.

Anyone know of anymore potential candidates if the job were to become open?
I would think it would be a very attractive job. City job with athlete's playing in a classification in which the mountians can compete. I would say it would be sought after pretyy hard.

IF the job does come open, the best move for them would be go out and hire someone from a winning program that knows how to run a good off-season program. That would be the key. Roark has never took any of the weightlifting/conditioning very serious. The kids were always left to do it on their own. With the athlete's they have and good off-season they could compete every year!!!
I thought Ron was a basketball man?
I think things will get worse before they get better. The lack of discipline in this program can only spell trouble. If someone goes in there and tries to make them work like they should, I don't know if they would field a team. I don't think Roark sees his players once the season is over until the next year. Middlesboro players would be shocked to see what other programs do in the offseason. With that said, they have been fairly successfull without the work. Just think what could have been. But will they work is the question now that they haven't for so long?
Snare43 Wrote:I think things will get worse before they get better. The lack of discipline in this program can only spell trouble. If someone goes in there and tries to make them work like they should, I don't know if they would field a team. I don't think Roark sees his players once the season is over until the next year. Middlesboro players would be shocked to see what other programs do in the offseason. With that said, they have been fairly successfull without the work. Just think what could have been. But will they work is the question now that they haven't for so long?

Some would work some would not. Look at Bell Co. they have a very demanding off-season with weights and running so they never have huge numbers. On most nights they have less players than the oppostion. But typically all 40+ plus kids can play. Some will pay the price some will not.
It's sad to see Middlesboro's program in such bad shape.
Good Luck to the kids the rest of the season. Hold your heads up high and finish strong.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
BlackcatAlum Wrote:**** has frozen over folks. BellCoBobcat09 & M'boroAlumni have agreed with one another for the first time.

Wink

You guys are Hilarious! :thanks:
I think Jesse Allen would make a GREAT high school coach. Used to be the middle school coach a few years back and I think he went undefeated 3 years straight.
Hope they get every thing worked out........
Former Somerset coach Jay Cobb wouldn't be a bad hire.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:You guys are Hilarious! :thanks:

They are, aren't they?
Believe it or not, I actually agree with BellCoBobcats09 again. Jesse Allen wouldn't be a bad hire at all. I don't think he has ever coached on the high school level before, but I would think he could make the transition. The man knows football and that's the first attribute I would look at in hiring a coach. Also as BellBobcats09 said, he had great success in the middle school level. Allen and Edwards seem like two good potential candidates. Anyone have any other candidate ideas?
Wayne Mills would be a good fit.
Anyone hear any new updates on this situation today? I've heard a few things, but I was hoping that others would post first.