Poll: Letcher Central vs Harlan Co
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Letcher Central
91.89%
Harlan Co
8.11%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher County Central @ Harlan County 10/2
cant wait to attend this game. ill take lcc by 2 td's.

about the lcc coaching job i wonder why they haven't given tony sergent a chance at that job once howard is gone?
cougarpride08 Wrote:What new school are you referring to?

In Laurel County. Everything I've heard is that they will build West Laurel High School out close to the Wal-Mart distribution center going toward Somerset. And from what I'm told it will be a 2A school and will move North and South Laurel down to 4A schools.

As for the rivalry many of us in Harlan County have been waiting on this game since August of last year. We have a respect for each other that make this a great rivalry. Maybe someday we will have a facility for the LCC faithful to visit that compares to what they have.

Go Bears!!!
LCC wins this one going away. Harlan Co is up and comer but lacks the skill to contain this powerhouse offense.
Football1 Wrote:LCC wins this one going away. Harlan Co is up and comer but lacks the skill to contain this powerhouse offense.

I have to respectively disagree, again I believe our offense has to perform to keep our defense rested. And if rested I believe our defense is pretty darn good, but the big ? is can our offense keep the D off the field.
Patriot Wrote:In Laurel County. Everything I've heard is that they will build West Laurel High School out close to the Wal-Mart distribution center going toward Somerset. And from what I'm told it will be a 2A school and will move North and South Laurel down to 4A schools.

As for the rivalry many of us in Harlan County have been waiting on this game since August of last year. We have a respect for each other that make this a great rivalry. Maybe someday we will have a facility for the LCC faithful to visit that compares to what they have.

Go Bears!!!

Is it 100% confirmed?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Letcher Central 4-1

Harlan County 3-2
I'm going with Letcher Central.. Its just going to take some time before Harlan County can beat some of the better teams in the district. For whatever reason, they just don't seem to be ready to play in the bigger games. I'd say Harlan Co. hangs around for a while, then a few big plays later Letcher Central pulls away.

Letcher Central: 34
Harlan County: 13
Harlan Co. has some internal problems this season! Hillard will struggle a little in the early stsges & then will wind up rolling big. LCC wins fairly big!
cougarpride08 Wrote:I am here to tell you, that when Coach Howard steps down, Coach Whitaker will be the head coach.

I'm here to tell you that once again, you have no clue. He is not liked by his players, his fellow coaches, parents or the administration. He is a short timer here in Letcher County, but sounds like Harlan has an opening!!
gUrU Wrote:I'm here to tell you that once again, you have no clue. He is not liked by his players, his fellow coaches, parents or the administration. He is a short timer here in Letcher County, but sounds like Harlan has an opening!!

Until I hear this straight from Coach's mouth, I do not believe it for a minute. I'm picking Coach Larkey and staff, and their Black Bears! The Bears can do it and I can't wait until this game on Friday. Welcome to Harlan County, Cougar fans! :Thumbs:
blackbeardenmother Wrote:until i hear this straight from coach's mouth, i do not believe it for a minute. I'm picking coach larkey and staff, and their black bears! The bears can do it and i can't wait until this game on friday. Welcome to harlan county, cougar fans! :thumbs:
they will be welcomed when they come in there and leave with victory..harlan aint there yet
logmountainboy64 Wrote:they will be welcomed when they come in there and leave with victory..harlan aint there yet

For your info, I was sincerely welcoming LCC to Harlan Co. I thought LCC was very hospitable when we played over there last year and I loved the atmosphere, and I wanted to welcome them here.

AND.....we'll see who has the win after the game is over this Friday. Until then, don't count your chickens before they hatch logmountainboy.
Quote:they will be welcomed when they come in there and leave with victory..harlan aint there yet

I am glad to see that Logmountainboy64 recognizes that the Harlan County Black Bears are on there way, we are just a little anxious, because we know whats in the making.
I know more than what you think, but I am not going to get off topic again with this same conversation. If you want a disagreement then start a thread about this. Right now LCC, and Harlan Co has a game Friday, and right now that is more important. Good Luck to all teams. I do have a question though. What is the word on the the new field?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
cougarpride08 Wrote:I know more than what you think, but I am not going to get off topic again with this same conversation. If you want a disagreement then start a thread about this. Right now LCC, and Harlan Co has a game Friday, and right now that is more important. Good Luck to all teams. I do have a question though. What is the word on the the new field?

Right now there are folks seeking some federal grant money and we are hoping that we can get some help from our Representatives/Senators in Frankfort. They are starting on the baseball, softball, tennis courts, etc. right now. They are gonna be nice! Hopefully it will be sooner than later for the football field. We need one BAD! Hauling those boys back and forth to the old Cawood High field is ridiculous! They need a place to call their own. When it does get built, it is gonna be something we can all be proud of. I just wish the money was there RIGHT NOW!

Better get there early Friday night, seating has been limited. Seating is for a 3A school, NOT a 5A school.
BlackBearDenMother Wrote:Until I hear this straight from Coach's mouth, I do not believe it for a minute. I'm picking Coach Larkey and staff, and their Black Bears! The Bears can do it and I can't wait until this game on Friday. Welcome to Harlan County, Cougar fans! :Thumbs:

BlackBearDenMother, are you finished remodeling your basement yet? Any more of this foolish talk of our Coach Larkey leaving and we will keep him in your basement. I have enough beans and corn canned to keep him nourished enough for practices and game days. Let's not get too tore up over this. I'm sure there are fans around us who would love to see Coach leave right now.

Can't wait until Friday!!
cougarpride08 Wrote:What is the word on the the new field?

How did LCC get their field? Didn't you all have to play at Whitesburg's old field for a year?
Mama Bear Wrote:BlackBearDenMother, are you finished remodeling your basement yet? Any more of this foolish talk of our Coach Larkey leaving and we will keep him in your basement. I have enough beans and corn canned to keep him nourished enough for practices and game days. Let's not get too tore up over this. I'm sure there are fans around us who would love to see Coach leave right now.

Can't wait until Friday!!

Great idea Mama! We're almost done with it and I'm sure he'd be snug as a bug in a rug down there, satelite TV, fire place...there's even a bar down there if he ever needs a drink, lol. I'm glad you're going to take care of the food because I hate to cook. :biggrin:
Harlan County in a shocker at home 26-13.
BlackBearDenMother Wrote:For your info, I was sincerely welcoming LCC to Harlan Co. I thought LCC was very hospitable when we played over there last year and I loved the atmosphere, and I wanted to welcome them here.

AND.....we'll see who has the win after the game is over this Friday. Until then, don't count your chickens before they hatch logmountainboy.
dang calm down should be a good game but i think that lcc is just to good for the black bears...
Patriot Wrote:How did LCC get their field? Didn't you all have to play at Whitesburg's old field for a year?

No the field was completed the first year before the school was. The students attended the old Whitesburg High School until March of the first year. The basketball teams had to play their whole season in the old Whitesburg Gym the first year. LCCHS has played every home game at the new field.
tcb Wrote:Harlan County in a shocker at home 26-13.

Sounds like tcb stands for "toking cannibis"
You must not be an Elvis man ONB, tcb means Take Care of Business, which is what the Black Bear's plan on doing. :biggrin:
Mama Bear Wrote:You must not be an Elvis man ONB, tcb means Take Care of Business, which is what the Black Bear's plan on doing. :biggrin:

LOL. I know. I was just digging at tcb a little. I look forward to the trip to Harlan County Friday night.
Hey COUGAR PRIDE,word is another younger coach on LCC staff is going to be new head coach when Coach Howard is gone.If it is up to Mrs. Craft she will pull strings for other coach on LCC staff. Take that to the bank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
touchdownkentucky Wrote:Hey COUGAR PRIDE,word is another younger coach on LCC staff is going to be new head coach when Coach Howard is gone.If it is up to Mrs. Craft she will pull strings for other coach on LCC staff. Take that to the bank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would agree with you if they hadn't hired Coach Whitaker. I don't believe she would have hired him and his wife who works in central office with Mrs. Craft if she was going to give it to someone else.
Mama Bear Wrote:I can't imagine if Howard or Larkey were not coaching. Wal-Mart greeters maybe? :biggrin: I hope they'll both stay with it for awhile longer.

Thats a good one Mama Bear.
Call me crazy but i think the black bears will pull this off by 7 to 10 points i think coach L will put some fire in them after their bad outing with whitley and they play at home witch is a good advantage for to closely matched teams
OrangenowBlue Wrote:No the field was completed the first year before the school was. The students attended the old Whitesburg High School until March of the first year. The basketball teams had to play their whole season in the old Whitesburg Gym the first year. LCCHS has played every home game at the new field.

Triva question. Who was the first regular season home game against???
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Triva question. Who was the first regular season home game against???
I know this one!