Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland 31 Raceland 0
FBALL Wrote:Raceland is not very good. That is to be expected with the amount of talent they lost.

Ashland better get the offense in gear. Their defense is outstanding but I believe will have a much harder time the next few weeks when they have to play some power running teams that will go straight at them. That kind of running game could negate the speed of the Ashland defense. Something Raceland was incapable of doing.

They are a mostly young team they will hit there stride. Albers will get untracted an lookout. The passing game is what will seperate them from most there are a couple 3/4 kids that can flat go up an get it Withrow kid is a stud. Once that is established that should open up everything else.
FBALL Wrote:Raceland is not very good. That is to be expected with the amount of talent they lost.

Ashland better get the offense in gear. Their defense is outstanding but I believe will have a much harder time the next few weeks when they have to play some power running teams that will go straight at them. That kind of running game could negate the speed of the Ashland defense. Something Raceland was incapable of doing.

Is it because they are so young or no talent or both? Oct 23 aside, how do think they will look once they get a few games under their belt? Any potential for a good season? I saw the Rams for the second half of Boyd Co. was not real impressed until the last 3 min. Hopefully they will be better when I see them in Oct. for the Russell game. I really don't want to drive 3hrs for a blowout.
Where is Ram-a devil? LOL
Coupon21 Wrote:Where is Ram-a devil? LOL
My thoughts as well, I picked Ashland by 30, he told me I shouldnt show my face on here after last week. Well ol' kosar missed it by 1 point, and I told you I would remind you on saturday.
Jarons Wrote:Is it because they are so young or no talent or both? Oct 23 aside, how do think they will look once they get a few games under their belt? Any potential for a good season? I saw the Rams for the second half of Boyd Co. was not real impressed until the last 3 min. Hopefully they will be better when I see them in Oct. for the Russell game. I really don't want to drive 3hrs for a blowout.
A little of both. They do have some talent but most of it is injured or out of shape. They lost so much from one of the better teams they ever had. They have very little experience returning and should improve in that aspect as the year goes on.

Thats as straight up as I can put it.
Jarons Wrote:Is it because they are so young or no talent or both? Oct 23 aside, how do think they will look once they get a few games under their belt? Any potential for a good season? I saw the Rams for the second half of Boyd Co. was not real impressed until the last 3 min. Hopefully they will be better when I see them in Oct. for the Russell game. I really don't want to drive 3hrs for a blowout.

I could see Raceland losing to Russell, LCA and and possibly ending up with a 7-3 regular season and a couple of the other games I consider tossups.
But if they do finish 7-3 that wouldn't be a bad season for as much as they lost.
Kosar Wrote:My thoughts as well, I picked Ashland by 30, he told me I shouldnt show my face on here after last week. Well ol' kosar missed it by 1 point, and I told you I would remind you on saturday.

That's right Hosar you are the greatest Prognosticator ever. Assland is decent and we played awful. Since you are the greatest prognosticator ever I'll bet you knew the whole time that Greenup would get beat by a combined score of 88-7 in thier first two games. That's it!! I want to be the first to say it. Greenup is the best team in the area. You guys need to keep doing whatever it is you are doing down therebecause it is working.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:That's right Hosar you are the greatest Prognosticator ever. Assland is decent and we played awful. Since you are the greatest prognosticator ever I'll bet you knew the whole time that Greenup would get beat by a combined score of 88-7 in thier first two games. That's it!! I want to be the first to say it. Greenup is the best team in the area. You guys need to keep doing whatever it is you are doing down therebecause it is working.
What does GC have to do with this thread? I said Ashland by 30, you did everything but call me stupid for it. Now you want to play it off, by trashing GC, how many total yards did GC have against Ashland? How many did Raceland have against Ashland? Not to mention GC played a Ashland team with Carter and Alber on it, Raceland on the other hand didnt have to deal with Carters speed around the end and on special teams.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:That's right Hosar you are the greatest Prognosticator ever. Assland is decent and we played awful. Since you are the greatest prognosticator ever I'll bet you knew the whole time that Greenup would get beat by a combined score of 88-7 in thier first two games. That's it!! I want to be the first to say it. Greenup is the best team in the area. You guys need to keep doing whatever it is you are doing down therebecause it is working.

I know Raceland is the best team ever to put on the pads, if assland didn't take out the starters in end of third quarter we couldve been a little better than decient? Hail to the land of football kings you are the greatest.:igiveup:
My thoughts exactly, Raceland fans make people not root for Raceland because they never think anybody beat them. Raceland is average folks I see them as number 2 or 3 seed in district depending on the Fairview game. It's time you Raceland fans start to realize that Barr is not the savior and Carver/Denton are not walking out of that facility. Nor are those lineman you had last season. Good luck to all teams, but Ram-a-Devil wow you don't have a leg to stand on here calling people out all the time.
BADCAT74 Wrote:I know Raceland is the best team ever to put on the pads, if assland didn't take out the starters in end of third quarter we couldve been a little better than decient? Hail to the land of football kings you are the greatest.:igiveup:
^ Thats about the best way I've seen it described.:moon:
Is this pick on RAM-A-Devil day or what? All I've got to say to the Assland fans is....3 out of 4 aint bad. Fball is a closet Ram and always has been, and ussle pride.....who are you? have some pride and post a little mor often. Us Ram fans know it's us against the world it always has been. We don't think we are the greatest we know it!! You Assland fans win 1 out of 4 and you think you are a big ape standing on top of the empire state building with a little woman (FBALL) in your hands swiping at Bi-planes as they fly by.
Did not see that one coming.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Is this pick on RAM-A-Devil day or what? All I've got to say to the Assland fans is....3 out of 4 aint bad. Fball is a closet Ram and always has been, and ussle pride.....who are you? have some pride and post a little mor often. Us Ram fans know it's us against the world it always has been. We don't think we are the greatest we know it!! You Assland fans win 1 out of 4 and you think you are a big ape standing on top of the empire state building with a little woman (FBALL) in your hands swiping at Bi-planes as they fly by.

No i believe a thirteen and six record vs the rams and victory number 608 does that for us congrats on your good teams see but 3 good teams every twenty five years doesn't make a proud tradition so sit down shut and up and see you in the next quarter century
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Is this pick on RAM-A-Devil day or what? All I've got to say to the Assland fans is....3 out of 4 aint bad. Fball is a closet Ram and always has been, and ussle pride.....who are you? have some pride and post a little mor often. Us Ram fans know it's us against the world it always has been. We don't think we are the greatest we know it!! You Assland fans win 1 out of 4 and you think you are a big ape standing on top of the empire state building with a little woman (FBALL) in your hands swiping at Bi-planes as they fly by.
You take that back. Of all the dirty things you ever called me a "closet am" is by far the worst. The rest of it I can live with.:ChairHit:

What has Raceland won? That's my point to this all, 2 state championships for Russell 0 for Raceland.
Originally Posted by RAM-A-DEVIL
Is this pick on RAM-A-Devil day or what? All I've got to say to the Assland fans is....3 out of 4 aint bad. Fball is a closet Ram and always has been, and ussle pride.....who are you? have some pride and post a little mor often. Us Ram fans know it's us against the world it always has been. We don't think we are the greatest we know it!! You Assland fans win 1 out of 4 and you think you are a big ape standing on top of the empire state building with a little woman (FBALL) in your hands swiping at Bi-planes as they fly by.

YES I BELIEVE IT IS
I believe it is 13 out of 19 an a big ape standing on the empire state building with a little woman (fball) in our hand swiping at bi-planes. Are you trying to be like FBALL and forget the past? I'll be paul harvey , "Now you know the rest of the story"
BADCAT74 Wrote:Originally Posted by RAM-A-DEVIL

YES I BELIEVE IT IS
I believe it is 13 out of 19 an a big ape standing on the empire state building with a little woman (fball) in our hand swiping at bi-planes. Are you trying to be like FBALL and forget the past? I'll be paul harvey , "Now you know the rest of the story"
You must have forgot that over the past 35 years Russell has beaten the Kitty Cats more often then not.:devilflam
Tell it all Paul.
FBALL Wrote:You must have forgot that over the past 35 years Russell has beaten the Kitty Cats more often then not.:devilflam
Tell it all Paul.

I believe you need to tell it all?? I'm pretty sure our rivalry goes back more than 35 years more like 51! Now we no the REST of the story! lol
[B]There you go again using that selective memory again. Whether it happened before a time you choose not to remember or not the fact is the record is 32-19. And I'm not sure does a mercy rule give us xtra points? If you want to break something down check out the lopsided scores one of which was 41-14 not to mention last yr.:igiveup: I believe they are lopsided as well being to my knowledge they never beat us by more than a couple tds.
Go Evils!
BADCAT74 Wrote:I believe you need to tell it all?? I'm pretty sure our rivalry goes back more than 35 years more like 51! Now we no the REST of the story! lol
[B]There you go again using that selective memory again. Whether it happened before a time you choose not to remember or not the fact is the record is 32-19. And I'm not sure does a mercy rule give us xtra points? If you want to break something down check out the lopsided scores one of which was 41-14 not to mention last yr.:igiveup: I believe they are lopsided as well being to my knowledge they never beat us by more than a couple tds.
Go Evils!

I think we should team up on these haters on here they choose not to include the whole history cause they don't compare unless its ironton who owns the tomcats there maybe you guys can take a lesson and admit when a series is historically lopsided or. Can we just erase the ironton games from 91 to present
I'm not disregarding the history. Before color TV Ashland was the stuff around here. Since I've been alive they have not. As for the lopsided scores there have been a few both ways but most of the time the games between the two have been very competitive.
FBALL Wrote:I'm not disregarding the history. Before color TV Ashland was the stuff around here. Since I've been alive they have not. As for the lopsided scores there have been a few both ways but most of the time the games between the two have been very competitive.

You will have to refresh my memory on lopsided scores? I know in 96 or 97 somewhere in there we beat them 41-14. That was the worse one I remember. I honestly can't remember losing to them by more than couple scores.
FBALL Wrote:I'm not disregarding the history. Before color TV Ashland was the stuff around here. Since I've been alive they have not. As for the lopsided scores there have been a few both ways but most of the time the games between the two have been very competitive.

but then why only include the last 35 years and instead of the whole history if you r not desregarding it and even if u include the last 35 years there are alot of great ashland teams in that span
BADCAT74 Wrote:You will have to refresh my memory on lopsided scores? I know in 96 or 97 somewhere in there we beat them 41-14. That was the worse one I remember. I honestly can't remember losing to them by more than couple scores.

Going back to 1980 I can only find a few lopsided games.

1986 Russell 27 Ashland 6
1990 Ashland 49 Russell 12
1992 Ashland 34 Russell 0
1994 Russell 41 Ashland 20
1997 Ashland 42 Russell 14

As even you said most of the games between the two are very close. Also in that time Russell leads the series with Ashland 16-14. Both schools have had slot of success.

Going back to 2000 Russell is 6-3 against the Tomcats.

That's the recent history and as far as I am going back right now because it's late and I am sleepy.
FBALL Wrote:Going back to 1980 I can only find a few lopsided games.

1986 Russell 27 Ashland 6
1990 Ashland 49 Russell 12
1992 Ashland 34 Russell 0
1994 Russell 41 Ashland 20
1997 Ashland 42 Russell 14

As even you said most of the games between the two are very close. Also in that time Russell leads the series with Ashland 16-14. Both schools have had slot of success.

Going back to 2000 Russell is 6-3 against the Tomcats

That's the recent history and as far as I am going back right now because it's late and I am sleepy.

Here let me help you, the real stats from all the games Ashland 32 Russell 19. They won there first game against the tomcats in 1970 an guess who was coaching them.... A TOMCAT Lafe Walters. Mmm, I see a pattern here that's why none of those games count before color tv cause Russell couldn't win one before 1970 I wouldn't want to talk about it either!:1:

Sleep tight Fball, don't let the Tomcats bite. I'll bet he count lil devils:devilflam to Help him go to sleep at night!:zzz:
I have tried to stay out of this, but, man what haters against the rams!! I hate to bring this up but it's facts. I get to ashland and start unloading stuff for the sidelines and they block where we always unload our gear, Mark Swift is there and I ask why and also ask why we have no sideline benchs and every year it's like this, Mark says I guess you have a point and just smiles. Mark says I just want to get this thing over and get the big gate and write you guys a little check and go home. Well, after getting everything on the sideline we go in the locker room like every year and get two beat-up benches and ashland has ran the toilet over many times with crap all over the floor. If it was pouring the rain we would have been out in it because the locker room is the worst we have ever had in the state!! The health dept. should have been called. concrats ashland boys on you win. Total "O" for ashland wasn't that great.
that's right Wrote:I have tried to stay out of this, but, man what haters against the rams!! I hate to bring this up but it's facts. I get to ashland and start unloading stuff for the sidelines and they block where we always unload our gear, Mark Swift is there and I ask why and also ask why we have no sideline benchs and every year it's like this, Mark says I guess you have a point and just smiles. Mark says I just want to get this thing over and get the big gate and write you guys a little check and go home. Well, after getting everything on the sideline we go in the locker room like every year and get two beat-up benches and ashland has ran the toilet over many times with crap all over the floor. If it was pouring the rain we would have been out in it because the locker room is the worst we have ever had in the state!! The health dept. should have been called. concrats ashland boys on you win. Total "O" for ashland wasn't that great.

While I agree about the locker rooms no big suprise there, I want to see that fixed as well! It's a terrible shame that the school system hasn't done any repairs to our beloved stadium or locker rooms they need to get on the ball!!!

But I seriously doubt the A.D. Swift said to you I just want to get the big gate give you guys a little check an go home. Not that he wasn't thinking that very thing.:biggrin:
that's right Wrote:I have tried to stay out of this, but, man what haters against the rams!! I hate to bring this up but it's facts. I get to ashland and start unloading stuff for the sidelines and they block where we always unload our gear, Mark Swift is there and I ask why and also ask why we have no sideline benchs and every year it's like this, Mark says I guess you have a point and just smiles. Mark says I just want to get this thing over and get the big gate and write you guys a little check and go home. Well, after getting everything on the sideline we go in the locker room like every year and get two beat-up benches and ashland has ran the toilet over many times with crap all over the floor. If it was pouring the rain we would have been out in it because the locker room is the worst we have ever had in the state!! The health dept. should have been called. concrats ashland boys on you win. Total "O" for ashland wasn't that great.

just to clarify no disrespect to the rams intended i just think ram-a-devil says some very moronic things like this years racelands team was the toughest on ashlands schedule and most fields dont even have lockerrooms for visiters and russells is up on top of the track so while it could be better it could be worse
The vistors locker room, if that is what you want to call it, it's more like a dungeon, is the worst in the area. I have said for years they should just blow that place up and start over.
FBALL Wrote:The vistors locker room, if that is what you want to call it, it's more like a dungeon, is the worst in the area. I have said for years they should just blow that place up and start over.

"oh no you didn't "Don't even get that one started... FBALL! :ChairHit: