Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bishop Brossart 22 - Betsy Layne 19
Congrats BB.
Real Badman Wrote:Why would Betsy Layne throw the ball if there winning in the 4th???? And with 32 seconds left? Bad coaching mistake

Running the ball isn't always save.

Remember Big Ben's back-peddling, mid-field, game-saving tackle after Bettis' fumble?

I know of a worse one than that.
Had a SW VA game last year where a team lost like that on Halloween night.
They slipped in the ratings and had to open the playoffs on the road instead of at home.
http://www.martinsvillebulletin.com/arti...m?ID=16429
OrangenowBlue Wrote:I warned you guys in a previous thread that I thought Brossart would win this game. They have to compete against tougher teams in NK. I am not trying to be mean but Betsy Layne is a team that most mountain teams like to play on homecoming.

Man, you were dead on there. I thought Betsy Layne would win it on experience alone. No way I'd have picked this kind of upset. Good thing I don't gamble. Congrats to the Mustangs. This is a huge step.
15th region slamdunk Wrote:Yep, Bishops first win I do believe.. Really wanted BL to pull it out. Dont give up BL, keep at it, you will win. As for Bishop, congrats on your first win, must be an amazing feeling.

yea Bobcats are ok hopfully an eye opener need to make less turn overs, N. Martin needs to calm down the line was blocking for him now needs to just focuse on making a good pass...C. Adkins plkayed good at running back an linebacker now the d-fense needs to go harder and really hit some boys they lokked week one arm tackling isn;t going to do it...lets go boys and go harder play some fundamental football....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC/]
15th region slamdunk Wrote:Yep, Bishops first win I do believe.. Really wanted BL to pull it out. Dont give up BL, keep at it, you will win. As for Bishop, congrats on your first win, must be an amazing feeling.

betsylaynealum Wrote:The bobcats will be alright. They overlooked a good opponent. BB is no slouch and will do good this year. I will guarantee they will win one more. If they dont this year I will stop posting on this site forever! The bobcats will bounce back. They first must take a step back and fix what has been broken. GO BOBCATS!!!

The seniors really need to bear down and play some football and not hold on a 3and 25 completion that would have won it thats the bottom line step up or step out...
I've not noticed a single post that said Brossart "looked good". Is this the case? I'm not asking that to be negative to either team. I truly anticipated that Brossart would not win a game for the next two, possibly three years. Their best football players all decided this year to hang it up and concentrate on soccer. To see that they could have put up not one TD, BUT 3 Is a shocker to me. This team should never have been able to do that against an experienced and prepared team. I see the Brossart kids every day. They at times don't even have enough to have an 11 on 11 practice. I am extremely proud for them, but it does come as a shock.
The bobcats overlooked them.
^ that makes complete sense.
Stardust Wrote:I've not noticed a single post that said Brossart "looked good". Is this the case? I'm not asking that to be negative to either team. I truly anticipated that Brossart would not win a game for the next two, possibly three years. Their best football players all decided this year to hang it up and concentrate on soccer. To see that they could have put up not one TD, BUT 3 Is a shocker to me. This team should never have been able to do that against an experienced and prepared team. I see the Brossart kids every day. They at times don't even have enough to have an 11 on 11 practice. I am extremely proud for them, but it does come as a shock.

I said Bowman ran over us,,,in the 1st half...The Bobcats made alot of mistakes that shouldn't have happen as an older team from last yr....this team rides on the Jrs. shoulders and these boys can play football the mustakes that they made shouldn't happen now they need to regroup and play some football like they no how to....Brossart did good and good luck to them boys they'll need it they play in a tough confrence....3 interceptions and 4 fumbles isn't good, turn over beat us bottom line...
Caught the game on channel 5. One of the worst play called games ive seen in awhile. Congratulations to Brossart on first win though. Not looking like it will be the season the Bobcats hoped for. Good luck to both teams throughout the rest of the season.
I think this season will be fine. You must look and see saint 52 that the bobcats have never had this much hype about a team. We have never been the favorite. In three years we won our first district game in 10 years(first year), made the playoffs in the second year.(first time ever) So is this season over after we lost. I THINK NOT. Something is going on, why do you ask? Well the bobcat game was one of the biggest crowds that the administration could remember. Were just in week one. The bobcats need to tweak some things. But in week one you so Belfry, Bell County, JC, lose why is it such a big deal the bobcats did......

This season will be one to remember........
betsylaynealum Wrote:The bobcats overlooked them.

I can understand why Johnson Central, Belfry, Bell County, and Breathitt County might overlook someone but for Betsy Layne to overlook someone, I would consider that lunacy.
Stardust Wrote:I've not noticed a single post that said Brossart "looked good". Is this the case? I'm not asking that to be negative to either team. I truly anticipated that Brossart would not win a game for the next two, possibly three years. Their best football players all decided this year to hang it up and concentrate on soccer. To see that they could have put up not one TD, BUT 3 Is a shocker to me. This team should never have been able to do that against an experienced and prepared team. I see the Brossart kids every day. They at times don't even have enough to have an 11 on 11 practice. I am extremely proud for them, but it does come as a shock.

Where do you get you're information?
1. Brossart was up 14-0 and because of the lack of playing with the lead let BL back into the game.
2. BL scored all touchdowns on big plays- two long sweeps and a fumble return at the end of the first half.
3. Brossart had the ball twice inside the 5 and did not score. Once because of the poor field conditions and a missed field goal.
4.Brossart should have scored 35 but again lack of winning attitude.
5. Brossart practices with 30+ players everyday. I don't know what you have heard or seen but they have plenty for 11 0n 11. They do a passing period in practice 7 on 7 and the linemen work on pass blocking.
6. Brossart lost no impact players to other sports. They have some young kids starting but the a quality players.
7. Conditioning was an issue for Brossart but it was for BL.
8. this will not be Brossart's only win.

Don't just be a drive by non informed person. Things are moving in the right direction at Brossart.:Thumbs:
I like that NKY.

Good Post

Both teams got a lot to prove!!!!
betsylaynealum Wrote:The bobcats overlooked them.

How do you overlook someone in week 1?
Their record.
betsylaynealum Wrote:Their record.

How does a 3-8 team justify overlooking an 0-10 team? I didn't think much of Brossart's chances coming into the game, but I have a hard time thinking that Betsy Layne's coaching staff didn't preach against their team looking on this game as a pushover.
I also Caught the game on channel 5 bobcats was to worried about there self and was not blocking for each other. Also the coaching was no the best.
I agree. How do you look over some one when you are 3-8 last season? I think the coaching staff bought in to all this blog talk and felt they were going to be great because they went as the #4 seed in the weakest district in the state. I also saw the game on channel 5. How do you not question the coaches when you see that playcalling?
Hopefully this game brings everyone from Betsy Layne back down to earth. If you didn't know much about Kentucky high school football you would have thought Betsy Layne was one of the top programs in the state this preseason.

As hard as it may be for some of you to realize your still Betsy Layne. Your not going to have any games where they'll be cakewalks. You'll have to fight until the very end to win a game and you will probably take your lumps from some teams on your schedule.

I wish nothing but the best for the Bobcats, but I'm with everyone else and I don't understand how a team who went 3-8 last season and hasn't won but 10 games in the last decade can overlook anyone.
brain cramp Wrote:I agree. How do you look over some one when you are 3-8 last season? I think the coaching staff bought in to all this blog talk and felt they were going to be great because they went as the #4 seed in the weakest district in the state. I also saw the game on channel 5. How do you not question the coaches when you see that playcalling?
I think there is some truth here
I think the inexperience of the coaching staff to the game of football itself is starting to show. The games in the past season won by Betsy Layne was won because the team was just overall more talented. Like i've stated before Coach Parsons needs to add some new experienced coaches to the staff.
To be honest what the Cats truly need more than anything and it would help them to improve more than anything is MONEY. The program needs a total overhaul of facilities and equipment. This would help Coach Parsons out more than anything. If the kids had a field and equipment they could take pride in more would come out, which would lead to experienced coaches being interested in joining the staff which would lead to more wins. BL has the potential to have the nicest facilities in eastern Kentucky with how their field is laid out, but having potential isn't the same as having a nice field. They need that fixed before anything and that would be a tremendous boost to the program. That would be a great place to play with a little turf and some more room on the school end.
I believe you have your stuff out of order. The kids that aren't playing football are the kids that don't have their hearts into it. If their hearts are not into it then who would want them on their team? You have to play with what you've got. It is the coaches and the players responsibility to get these kids out. In order to get the money you have to become a consistent winner because no one will want to money into a loser. Once you become a consistent winner then the kids will come out and then maybe you can get some decent facilities. But going from message board super bowl champions to returning 80% of your team and losing to 0-10 Bishop Brossart is never going to get the job done. I feel for the kids at BL, and for the coaches as well. I believe they got themselves into more than they could handle when they got into coaching. This isn't a learn on the fly game and it makes me sick when people think that.
hammertime Wrote:I believe you have your stuff out of order. The kids that aren't playing football are the kids that don't have their hearts into it. If their hearts are not into it then who would want them on their team? You have to play with what you've got. It is the coaches and the players responsibility to get these kids out. In order to get the money you have to become a consistent winner because no one will want to money into a loser. Once you become a consistent winner then the kids will come out and then maybe you can get some decent facilities. But going from message board super bowl champions to returning 80% of your team and losing to 0-10 Bishop Brossart is never going to get the job done. I feel for the kids at BL, and for the coaches as well. I believe they got themselves into more than they could handle when they got into coaching. This isn't a learn on the fly game and it makes me sick when people think that.

Now I do agree that it is easier to get money with a winning program, but its hard for a kid to practice all summer and play a game during the year with an old helmet from the 80's or 90's that hurts his head, pads that are old and worn out, uniforms that don't fit, and on a field that's in terrible shape. I've seen the impact of putting money into a program that isn't very good. It can change things around. You have to consider what we're talking about here. These are 14-18 year old kids, appearance matters to them and if you offer some kid from the head of a hollow the oppurtunity to wear nice uniforms and equipment and play on a nice field chances are you'll have more success getting these athletes out. Plus it would lead to a lot less conflicts with coaches from other sports not wanting their kids playing football. You know if the star basketball player wanted to play I would think he'd have a lot better chances if the coach could say hey this equipment is top notch and will protect him better than what school A offers and this is why. You clearly haven't ever coached before or you wouldn't say things like that because it does matter. When you were in school if you were offered the oppurtunity to wear nice new stuff wouldn't it have been more enticing. You can never underestimate the psyche of teenagers.
Does Betsy Layne have a football boosters club?
Congrats to Brossart. You made a 4 hour bus trip and went home a winner. That speaks well of your character.

Betsy Layne? You don't have any reason to overlook anyone? Your fundamental were pitifull. You played with little teamwork, and evidently you all have been reading way too many preseason predictions, including mine about this season on this forum.
Why give up on some kids because they lost one game? So if Brossart beats Bracken County are you all going to diss their program the same way? Parsons has had this program for two years. This being his third. Did you all know that this program hadnt made the playoffs until last year for the first time in 32 years. And even the first game against Brossart do you realize that the bobcats kicked their first extra point in 14 years..Thats right 14 years. So just put this on one more thing that the coaching staff has done that hasnt been done. Give them time, the wins will come. Enough from this game, bobcats lets go get the bulldogs.
betsylaynealum Wrote:Why give up on some kids because they lost one game? So if Brossart beats Bracken County are you all going to diss their program the same way? Parsons has had this program for two years. This being his third. Did you all know that this program hadnt made the playoffs until last year for the first time in 32 years. And even the first game against Brossart do you realize that the bobcats kicked their first extra point in 14 years..Thats right 14 years. So just put this on one more thing that the coaching staff has done that hasnt been done. Give them time, the wins will come. Enough from this game, bobcats lets go get the bulldogs.

I agree.
Betsy Layne has a lot of talent. They have developed a solid middle school program. Time will tell how good or bad the Bobcat coaching staff is.