Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry -47 Sheldon Clark -7
Great season SC....3 peat pirates
Congrats to Belfry on the win. It didn't much surprise me that Belfry won but the score did surprise me. SC has an excellent football team and the scary part is most of them are soph's and jr's. I expect the same out of this program for the next couple of years. Congrats to them on a surprising cinderella season.
Now let's go Belfry, beat Russell AGAIN!!
This game was amazing to watch as a Pirate fan. This was the best game of the year by far. Some people had thought that Belfry had peaked already, but the Pirates proved that theory wrong last night. One thing I noticed last night was the fact that this Belfry team doesn't get rattled when the momentum shifts a little bit. They just maintain their composure and get the job done that needs to be done to get it back in their favor.

The pass from Phillips to Aaron Chapman was beautiful!!! Maynard, Chapman, & May was great tonight....As was the entire Pirate team!!! It was a great atmosphere at CAM last night. I loved it!!! Great Job Pirates!!!!!

As far as SC goes, you kids have nothing to look down upon. You had an amazing run this year. Coach Hager will have a regional trophy and possibly a state championship under his belt before his career is over. The seniors who were laying on the field at the end of the game broke my heart as well. There is nothing that can be said that will ease the pain and disappoint they are feeling right now. One thing that broke my heart all night was #34 for SC. This kid was playing with some intense pain in his left leg and I was worried all night for this kid. I hope that he is alright.
Congratulations to Belfry on a huge win and this wonderful 3 title in a row run.
Best of luck to them in all further games.
The comment made earlier about no matter what school and what community you are from, we stand behind our own is so very true. All of Eastern Kentucky is proud of Belfry and cannot wait for their run to bring another state championship to the mountains.
Great season for Sheldon Clark, sorry that it had to end like that but you made it that far and faced one of the toughest if not THE toughest opponent in the state. Don't hold your heads over anything. There is a time and place for everything, and there is always another season to come.
Lots of heart was shown out on the field and Belfry had an amazing game. The boys were just running so finely tuned. A few standouts in the game and congratulations to them.
I was watching the game last night as I read a chapter for my Statistics and Data Analysis class. Hahaha. GREAT GAME PIRATES and once again, Best of luck in all that you continue to do this season.
Hey, the Tribe. Do you have any statistics on weather or not Belfry is going to win it all again.:link:
Congrats sc for a good season..ITs tough but if u gave it all you had then that all you can give!!
Good Luck Belfry against Russell!!
I thought this would be a much closer game. Congrats Pirates
it broke my hart to see some of the seniors lying on the field...you boys have nothing to be a shamed of you all had a great season....james maynard #34 played the leslie game and belfry game with a broken leg this guy loves football and plays with hart and gives it 110% every time he steps out on to the field good luck next year cards..
XxXxRebelxXxX Wrote:it broke my hart to see some of the seniors lying on the field...you boys have nothing to be a shamed of you all had a great season....james maynard #34 played the leslie game and belfry game with a broken leg this guy loves football and plays with hart and gives it 110% every time he steps out on to the field good luck next year cards..

I didn't know what #34's name was but I was worried about him the entire night. My heart broke to watch him try to play with that much pain. I couldn't believe Coach Hager would let him out there in that condition. I know that the kids want to be there and give it all they have, but sometimes the adult has to step in and do what is physically best for the child. I really don't think that he should have been playing on that leg. He could have done permanent damage to his leg last night. It really bothered me that an adult didn't step in and say that his health was more important.
The kid played on a broken leg? Thats dedication to the team and true love of the game.
Pirate Pal, I wonder if the kid got prior consent from a doctor before he took the field.
Does anyone know? Was this just a stress fracture?
toolbox Wrote:The kid played on a broken leg? Thats dedication to the team and true love of the game.
Pirate Pal, I wonder if the kid got prior consent from a doctor before he took the field.
Does anyone know? Was this just a stress fracture?

I don't know. But, love his heart, he could barely stand on it and he was trying to run down the plays and he would take one or two steps and starting hopping on the good leg. I couldn't stand to watch it. I guess it's the motherly instinct taking over, but I just wanted to go down there and take him off the field and take care of him.
Pirate Pal Wrote:I don't know. But, love his heart, he could barely stand on it and he was trying to run down the plays and he would take one or two steps and starting hopping on the good leg. I couldn't stand to watch it. I guess it's the motherly instinct taking over, but I just wanted to go down there and take him off the field and take care of him.

Yes, I can understand the motherly instinct part.

However, regardless, some kids just won't take NO! for a answer. Some would play without legs at all. Now that I think about it, there was this story of a kid that actually played football without any legs at all. It's sad for us to watch, but I'm sure the handicap player is more concerned with making a playSmile

But I do agree with you. Sometimes adults need to step if the injury is the type of injury that could possibly effect ones present and future health. Im not saying this was the case in the Sheldon Clark game. Kids just sometimes don't see the big picture. They can easily get too caught up in the moment and not realize how easily things could affect their future. I hope I make sense here because I triedSmile Forgive me if I didnt
toolbox Wrote:Yes, I can understand the motherly instinct part.

However, regardless, some kids just won't take NO! for a answer. Some would play without legs at all. Now that I think about it, there was this story of a kid that actually played football without any legs at all. It's sad for us to watch, but I'm sure the handicap player is more concerned with making a playSmile

But I do agree with you. Sometimes adults need to step if the injury is the type of injury that could possibly effect ones present and future health. Im not saying this was the case in the Sheldon Clark game. Kids just sometimes don't see the big picture. They can easily get too caught up in the moment and not realize how easily things could affect their future. I hope I make sense here because I triedSmile Forgive me if I didnt

Perfect sense.:Thumbs:

That is what I was saying also. He wasn't a very big kid and if it was just a stress fracture, one 250 lb lineman falling on it would have snapped it in two. I just didn't see it in the best interest of the child to let him play on it.
Belfrys # 1
Belfry will win russell game
Matt Maynard has broke 1000 yards
Good luck pirates
well Belfry is A Good town for Football.

Belfry Middle = 1 Championship
Belfry High = 2AA 2 State Championship Soon to be three
To the one that wanted to know about James Maynard he went to the doctor in Ashland he broke a bone that cant be fixed, and they said he could play in teh game as long as he was able to bear the pain. This kid is tough and he didnt want to set out.
imgman94, please post your thoughts in one, easy to read post.

This was a little uncalled for.

Next time, please don't post so many one line sentences.
Thanks.
I already sent him a pm tribe
It all came down to these things last night:

1) Big Plays- I said it over and over again that in order to beat Belfry you have to cut out the big plays...and in order fro SC to do this they had to play flawless assignment football. Belfry thrived off the big play and Haywood coached a mesterful offensive game last night..he rode the fullback to set up the outside..he used the outside to set up the interior running with Chapman...and by the second half the Cards were just gassed.

2) Matt Freakin Maynard!- The kid broke the Cards back...plain and simple. The fear of his return game cost the Cards a good 50 yards in field position tonight on punts and kickoffs,,,, and he just ripped them apart with his team speed. The kid had 1 carry the secnd half and it was a TD... think about it... nearly half his carries were TD's!

3) Trenches- Belfry's oline DOMINATED the Cards on every posession except one... defensively the Cards were using their wedge well early... but as the ame wore on Belfry got more and more pentration and when the cards had to and when the Cards spread the field then it was curtains.

4) Composure- You could tell these Belfry boys were used to being here...they were as cool as a cucumber all night in every aspect possible. First posession with all that emotion they force a 3 and out. First offensive posession= TD. SC marches it back and answers, Belfry stays calm and drives it down their throat. Then as extracurricular activity ensued as the game went on the Pirates did a good job of keeping cooler heads and not jeopardizing a suspension for next week.
do you want to see photos from last nights game? goto http://www.austinstepp.com/belfry
Steel_Cut_Oatmeal Wrote:do you want to see photos from last nights game? goto www.austinstepp.com/belfry

Thanks man. :rock:
Nice pics, Thank you for sharing the link Steel
congratulations to the boys from pond creek, they are steadily accomplishing something that no one expected to happen this season. they played thier best game of the season by far and they appear to be focused on doing what it takes to achieve thier goal of a third straight AA state title. i truly expected a closer game than this, hats off to the cardinals and shawn hager on a terrific season, what a difference a year has made for you guys, it looks like that program is headed in the right direction. there was a great atmosphere at the game to, that was a great game to be at, cant wait till next week.:#1: :#1: ......and maybe :#1: :wenumber1 TongueirateSho
Sheldon_Clark_Fan Wrote:Great game to the pirates! Too bad I can't say the same about Sheldon Clark. That really let me down. Daniel Harless needed to step it up and he didn't. All of the SC team needed to step it up. Anyways great game.

Go to Russell and show them some more mountain football.

Why would you even say that about Daniel Harless? There were 10 other Sheldon Clark players on that field that played no better than Daniel. No point in calling out an individual. Things did not go SC's way but no single player is to blame for that, well maybe Matt Maynard. Its amazing how everyone thinks teams win games and individuals loose them. Congrads go out to the Cards. SC had an amazing season and has nothing to hang their heads about, but on this night Belfry was a much better team. Congads to Belfry and the rest of Pond Creek Nation. Good luck against Russell friday. I will definatley be there pulling for the Pirates.
Congrats Pirates
Wow.... i really thougth the game would be closer than this but congrats to Belfry.
Congrats Pirates!! Good luck against Russell! All the way to state!!!