Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did Knott Central Fire Justin?
This seems to be a bad trend at Knott. Hard for a system to get straight when they keep changing coaches. Amburgey has been pretty successful the past couple of seasons. It isn't like they were the only team that had a chance to win the 14th. Tough region and they fell to one of those teams in PCC.
Kim King don't like Justin and she wants to get her family in there coaching. Thats just my opinion though. I also heard that before she was elected as super, that she saw Justin and Tim Parks in Hazard right before being put in office that she was gonna get rid of them. But like I said it is just hearsay, but I do believe she has a hidden agenda and wants to get her family in there.
For those of you that don't remember.....Harold Combs was fired (Not RENEWED) as Coach after he took KCC to the state tournament.....he was known to sit players who's parents liked to coach from the stands.....when they got tired of seeing there kids on the bench and stopped coming to the games......Combs started playing them again and they won the region.....maybe they need something like that again......rumor has it....he may be your next coach at KCC! TongueirateSho
The basketball team was ranked in the top 20 of the state somewhere right? How long has that been since it has happened? The higher ups have no reason to make this change, by the way I have heard some schools close by have been in contact with him, anybody else heard this? Might be some migration?
Willie_Mays_Hayes Wrote:For those of you that don't remember.....Harold Combs was fired (Not RENEWED) as Coach after he took KCC to the state tournament.....he was known to sit players who's parents liked to coach from the stands.....when they got tired of seeing there kids on the bench and stopped coming to the games......Combs started playing them again and they won the region.....maybe they need something like that again......rumor has it....he may be your next coach at KCC! TongueirateSho

When is the last time he coached in a basketball game? 1982? I think the game has passed him by, looks like if he even cared about the team he used to coach he would come to a game every now and then, he never even attented games when he was super.
this team will split if she fires amburgey........iv also heard rumors of people contacting him
king360 Wrote:Who needs Bryant when you have Bartrum?:lmao: ..small joke small joke

And Your In The Pep Section And Will Be Next Year...Small Joke Small Joke....:lmao:
Is it true that Hazards coach is going to Knott?
americangirl Wrote:It's called can't leave well enough alongConfusedhh: ....the boy has done nothing wrong....he needs to get to stay....if the board doesn't renew his contract, then they have gave him injustice....sure he still learning....don't we all? Justin is good for these kids, the boys love him.... :please: please board menbers think really hard before you do what I think you are going to do. Think about these kids......your motto is (It's all about Kids), listen to what the kids say. this great sport is not about us.....but its about these good kids we have.....please dont tear this team apart.....if you guys do this then shame on you.
p.s I have no ties to the ball team,Justin nor to any of his family, but I'am concerned about the outcome of all of this and the effect it will have on these kids.

I agree!
SteppUp Wrote:And Your In The Pep Section And Will Be Next Year...Small Joke Small Joke....:lmao:

Idk about next year...but Hey what can i say im a loser...lol:rockon:
king360 Wrote:Idk about next year...but Hey what can i say im a loser...lol:rockon:

You Will Be There
SteppUp Wrote:You Will Be There

:king::biggrin:
As far as I have heard amburgey did not resign and is still the coach. Only a few people want him gone. I have heard that the players want him to stay. Rumor has it that the players talked to the principal and asked for their coach to remain. Hiring a coach with no head coaching experience would destroy the team.
If he does leave then it would be a shame.
This is really becomming a joke and an embrassment to knott county. They have the program on the right track and just when it looks like the kids matter most she is trying to pull this stunt. If she removes Amburgey , all i know is they better get to rupp next year or they will remove her, its a shame politics have to get in the way of kids lifes. Knott County has the worst rep in the state for this crap, when is it going to change?
The sad thing about this whole situation is that Justin took this job when the program was in shambles, and when he and his staff built it up they took it away from him. I really hate to see the kids go through this and Justin as well. I'm sure he will end up at a good school somewhere because he is a good coach.
eddierabbit Wrote:Can anyone else ever remember a situation were the team was 22-8, ranked in the top 20 for most of the season, and will be the favorite to win the region next season, and they decide to replace the coach? Has to be more to the story, i'm not getting it. Tried to think of another situation but this, never heard of anything like this.

Whitesburg fired Danny Bates after he took the Yellow Jackets to the Elite Eight...... Nice Move Anna Craft.....
High Sheriff Wrote:He lost in the district finals as well.

Two years in a row........
boogieman Wrote:Kim King don't like Justin and she wants to get her family in there coaching. Thats just my opinion though. I also heard that before she was elected as super, that she saw Justin and Tim Parks in Hazard right before being put in office that she was gonna get rid of them. But like I said it is just hearsay, but I do believe she has a hidden agenda and wants to get her family in there.

I agree with you there..... I've heard for two years now she is gonna hire her niece's husband; Cavanagh Trent.
Educated Fan- Danny Bates did NOT get fired. He chose to resign and start a family. He was also having medical problems with his hands. Know what you are talking about before you post something like that.
Remember the name Whitaker. In my opinion, you'll be hearing it alot.
I've heard the name Whitaker ALL morning, Could it be
The word from the State Tourney is that Knott will open the job up and see what kind of interest they get from any big name coaches, they will not hire anyone unless they have a good resume, so if some of the big names put their name in the hat, such as Whitaker, Holland, High, ETC. They will hire one of them, but if they don't get anyone with any credentials, good ole Justin will be right back on the sidelines. So only time will tell, but it will be opened up for looks.
While at the State tourney, I was told that Coach Amburgy was asked to resign and refused and then was told he would not be retained. The name of his replacement was Cavanagh Trent. This came from an excellent source very close inside the situation
JOBAKKA Wrote:While at the State tourney, I was told that Coach Amburgy was asked to resign and refused and then was told he would not be retained. The name of his replacement was Cavanagh Trent. This came from an excellent source very close inside the situation

Ive heard CT a lot over the last few weeks as well so if Amburgey isnt back I would say Trent is the next coach at KCC but I also heard that KCC would try to get Trent to come to KCC to be the Athletic Director and see what other opitons come open for the coach positson.
Like some of the others have said already, would be tough on Trent coming in with the best team in the region and having to start of your coaching career with so much pressure. I agree he will be there eventually, but I don't think next year would be a good place to start for him.
Windsprint Wrote:Educated Fan- Danny Bates did NOT get fired. He chose to resign and start a family. He was also having medical problems with his hands. Know what you are talking about before you post something like that.

I know he didn't get fired, but he might as well have...... He asked for one thing and Mrs. craft wouldn't do it so he resigned........ Or atleast thats what he told me...... But as you know, he could have very easily been hired back....
He did resign from what he told me and said he would not.
this has turned in to a LIVELY discussion
When Knott is involved, it always does! Smile