Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State Championship or Championships
i still dont think one can argue for classes in one sport due to an unfair advantage but not another. Granted i wouldnt change the basketball one at all
gtowntiger Wrote:i still dont think one can argue for classes in one sport due to an unfair advantage but not another. Granted i wouldnt change the basketball one at all

I don't see football as an unfair advantage at all. If they had one state champion, I would be fine with it. To me the 6 class system is a joke. Winning a state championship isn't nearly as hard.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:I don't see football as an unfair advantage at all. If they had one state champion, I would be fine with it. To me the 6 class system is a joke. Winning a state championship isn't nearly as hard.

its simple most player in 6A unless they are just simply "that good" will not play both sides of the ball like a class A school would which in the end the smaller school will be "outmanned"
the 1 the only Wrote:its simple most player in 6A unless they are just simply "that good" will not play both sides of the ball like a class A school would which in the end the smaller school will be "outmanned"

I know it is simple. I understand that and even posted something related earlier. I do, however, think 6 classes is too many.

Basically what I was trying to say is that if both football and basketball had to be done the same way (which they don't), I would opt for the 1 champion format. Luckily for us, the people who make decisions in this state are smarter than that.
No no NO
IMO there should be a champion for each class.
I think they should leave it the way it is.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:It is easier for a small school to come up with 5-8 good basketball players than 20-30 good football players.

BINGO!!

You hit the nail on the head. That is why the class system only exists in football, and not in any other sport. Football is the only sport that divides by classes, because the difference in school enrollment gets magnified when you play a game that has 22 starters instead of one with 5.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
No, but I am curious what the classes would look like. Same as football?
track does classes, what is the basis for that??? you cant use the same argument as you would football? so y all different situations for different sports? its too confusing if you ask me. and yes 6 classes for football in ky are way too many
gtowntiger Wrote:track does classes, what is the basis for that??? you cant use the same argument as you would football? so y all different situations for different sports? its too confusing if you ask me. and yes 6 classes for football in ky are way too many

Not sure what the basis is for track. I have never really thought about it.

Baseball and softball crown one champion don't they?
I would like to consider myself a pretty decent knowledge when it comes to sports. And My Opinion is that no person with an above-average sports knowledge would ever want this done. It seems to be the people that don't get into it, don't go to every state tournament, don't remember the upsets of the small school over the large. Let me tell you, there is no better feeling than to be sitting at Rupp when a small school is up against a traditional power and have 18,000 fans pulling for the underdog. You know why, these people know what Kentucky High School Basetball is about. The sweet 16, The GREATEST show in hoops!
We have 4 classes in Ohio and I personally hate it! I follow Kentucky's because a one class system is so exciting! All the schools in the state for one big tournament . It doesn't get any better than that! I for one hope they never changeit.
They will ruin it if they change it..... One champion is what makes it so special.....
no
Sweet 16 is outstanding, it would be horrible to change it.