Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 59 - Pikeville 55
mrfootball03 Wrote:lol.. ole' 60th District puttin' the hurtin' on the 59th.. Its funny seeing everyone said 60th is notoriously known as the weakest in the 15th haha

Wheres the posters who said Coach Casey needs to run a different offense now????

Didn't see this coming in the girl or boys game, looks though the 60th District just put a hurt on P-ville to me. But we'll see if the 60th can keep it up when they run into Valley from the 59th.:dontthink Just wanted to add that I enjoyed watching the Clevenger boy from P-ville play he's a real nice player.
Hate to stir controversy but with 2 consecutive 1st round district losses is Bart Williams on the hot seat at Pikeville?
How was the officiating tonight guys?
PC_You_Know Wrote:How was the officiating tonight guys?
Non-factor
Great win Belfry. Don't know any stats but Belfry beat them on the boards and with defense. They came ready to play, they wanted it. Bye Pikeville!!!
Two years in a row Pikeville not in Regional Tournament
Cupcake schedule gives them 17 wins. Time 4 a overhaulin let Todd May take over.
Congrats to Coach Casey and the Belfry Pirates...what an AWESOME job last night.

TongueirateSho TongueirateSho TongueirateSho
Coach Casey for President!TongueirateSho
They'll be two schools who won't vote for the super district next year.
Congrats to Coach Casey and staff and the players.

This is the kind of team ball that I knew you all could play with everyone contributing to this win.
WOW congrats Pirates! This proved my prediction worng i had the Panthers in this one!
:lmao: It doesnt matter b/c i dont see anyone getting past Shelby Valley..........
Congrats to Belfry on the huge win. Just goes to show thats why they play the games.
Enter The Dragon Wrote:Hate to stir controversy but with 2 consecutive 1st round district losses is Bart Williams on the hot seat at Pikeville?

Copley lost his job after a regional runner-up season. I'd say the rearend is starting to heat up, maybe just as warm as those ears.
bull Wrote:Two years in a row Pikeville not in Regional Tournament
Cupcake schedule gives them 17 wins. Time 4 a overhaulin let Todd May take over.

Outcoached 2 years in a row in the tourney.
Congrats Belfry!
In his few years at Pikeville numerous kids have quit come back quit again his teams are always split. 10 out of 14 kids are glad its over. What reason does Pikeville have to keep him?
Quality wins can be counted on one hand.
The King Wrote:Nice career for Matt Clevinger. Pikeville will really miss him next year.

You are so right, he was the heart and soul of the team, he had to score

25 per game for them to win. Good high school career, good luck to him.
lol who cares about shelby valley.. just that everyone said 60th is weak, that they couldn't beat anyone, and if the teams were in different districts, they would be one an out..

an like I said.. who cares about SV?.. they'll win the 15th.. who said they wouldn't? Jus said it was funny coz the 60th wiped out the rest of the old 59th.. As for SV, what do you want us to do? :notworthy Bow down, and kiss their feet?.. :worthy: Its a trade off I can live with, they can beat Belfry in basketball, and Belfry will continue to make them look like little sissy's on the football field.. :biggrin::Thumbs::lmao::eyeroll:
mrfootball03 Wrote:Its a trade off I can live with, they can beat Belfry in basketball, and Belfry will continue to make them look like little sissy's on the football field.. :biggrin::Thumbs::lmao::eyeroll:

Would a 102-52 whipping make on look like a little sissy?:flame: TongueirateSho
InstantOffense Wrote:Would a 102-52 whipping make on look like a little sissy?:flame: TongueirateSho

If you would read his post correctly you would see he was saying this about the humiliating defeats the Pirates hand to Shelby Valley year in and year out on the football field. No disrespect I do believe, he simply stated he would gladly take the split each year with one school being more dominate than the other in different sports.
InstantOffense Wrote:Would a 102-52 whipping make on look like a little sissy?:flame: TongueirateSho
No it just means they lost in a contest during off season conditioning for football and that is all B-ball is.:flame:
wooderson Wrote:If you would read his post correctly you would see he was saying this about the humiliating defeats the Pirates hand to Shelby Valley year in and year out on the football field. No disrespect I do believe, he simply stated he would gladly take the split each year with one school being more dominate than the other in different sports.

Yes sir, you are correct! :Thumbs:
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:No it just means they lost in a contest during off season conditioning for football and that is all B-ball is.:flame:

haha yeah thats about right lol :thatsfunn:Clap:
bull Wrote:In his few years at Pikeville numerous kids have quit come back quit again his teams are always split. 10 out of 14 kids are glad its over. What reason does Pikeville have to keep him?
Quality wins can be counted on one hand.
I agree. There seems to be alot of drama on this team as tournament time approaches and it shows. Of course the point could also be made that when 6-7 kids are all that see the floor and the bench isnt properly developed then those 6-7 kids are gonna be gassed come tournament time. Ever notice that most of those kids on the bench not getting in are football players?
Pikeville OT Wrote:great upset by Belfry after trailing at halftime and then leading after 3rd by 2...

the 4th quarter rally by Pikeville was derailed when #15 Clark fouled out. The coaches should have instructed one of the other 4 players in the game to step up and make the fouls on the perimeter (#11 Clevinger and #3 had no fouls and #4 only had one foul when Clark already had 3 personals). Yet, Clark was forced to give the last two that sent him to the bench early. This put one of the hustling defensive players and better perimeter passers/shooters out of the game and ultimately kept Pikeville from being able to make a comeback.

Congrats to the Pirates.

I will agree with you on this one...This guy is one of the most hustler players that pikeville has...Not good ball sense here....Well you see what happens when you make misjudgement....You lose.
that's my point exactly.. either the head coach (and the bench coaches) didn't instruct the team properly or the on-court players failed to execute. It is the smart thing to do to obviously let one of the players on court commit the fouls who is not already in foul trouble and it was clear from my seat that once #15 (Clark) fouled out that the Panthers comeback was impacted. Three other players had a chance to foul at the end with 1 foul or less and still Clark had to pick up his 4th and 5th fouls to stop the clock... Poor management down the stretch by the coaching staff might have robbed the team of a last minute comeback.
Was it possible that Pikeville was overlooking Belfry a little bit in practice leading up to this game..maybe concentrating on a possible game with Shelby Valley?

I'm in no way taking anything away from the way that the Belfry players performed in this game because I think they played to win every step of the way, but it looked like Pikeville wasn't expecting Belfry to come out and play hard and physical like they did.
Pikeville OT Wrote:that's my point exactly.. either the head coach (and the bench coaches) didn't instruct the team properly or the on-court players failed to execute. It is the smart thing to do to obviously let one of the players on court commit the fouls who is not already in foul trouble and it was clear from my seat that once #15 (Clark) fouled out that the Panthers comeback was impacted. Three other players had a chance to foul at the end with 1 foul or less and still Clark had to pick up his 4th and 5th fouls to stop the clock... Poor management down the stretch by the coaching staff might have robbed the team of a last minute comeback.

It didn't look like the foul was intentional at the end, but that's not what beat Pikeville.
The Box and 1 worked against Pikeville's boys the same way it worked against their girls team. Good coaching by the staff at Belfry. I didn't see much activity in the middle by Pikeville's offense. I'm sure that Pikeville's coaching staff knows that is where you attack a 2-2 defense, but it seemed like there was too much passing along the perimeter.