Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
District Cheer title in 15th region.
The 57th cheer competition was a JOKE! No squad was better than JC on any given night! Just my opinion Smile.
im pretty sure LC won so i guess they are better than JC....you dont have to make up excuses..
:Cheerlead
I don't think judging is fair.
When you have 20+ girls on a squad, of course they are going to look better than a team with 12 girls.
yeah seriously.
im sure if jc had won you wouldnt be saying it was a joke!

the best team won for the boys night and that would be lc.
given the many compliments from not only lc fans but fans from other schools id say lc had deserved it.
people need to quit being sore losers and accept that fact that there are other squads BETTER than them.:1:
EYESPYPVILLE Wrote:The 57th cheer competition was a JOKE! No squad was better than JC on any given night! Just my opinion Smile.

the way i see it, put JC on a blue mat, and they are good. put them on the sidelines and they are cocky. Also, IMO their coach is a tad-bit stuck up.

but im not trying to start anything im just stating my opinion. Congrats LC & SCHS. btw- SCHS looked so cute Friday night with the tall socks & jerseys!
cheer1020 Wrote:the way i see it, put JC on a blue mat, and they are good. put them on the sidelines and they are cocky. Also, IMO their coach is a tad-bit stuck up.

but im not trying to start anything im just stating my opinion. Congrats LC & SCHS. btw- SCHS looked so cute Friday night with the tall socks & jerseys!

Yea, you are correct. They are good on a blue mat. Or even really good. I guess you would see them as cocky on the sideline, because their sidelines are the cleaniest and sharpest sidelines with a varity of cheers. They are not sloppy at ALL. So if that makes them cocky, then so be it. As for the coach remark. Do you even know her? I venture to say NOT. She just works hard at her job. She knows what it takes to make a clean and sharp squad who can compete with anyone when given a fair chance. She has no time to brown nose or anything else. It is all about her GIRLS. That makes her an awesome coach. Everyone is just jealous because she has had so many successful squads over 21 years. That is pretty AWESOME, wouldn't you say so?
Johnson Central is a pretty good squad, but like someone said early, when you have 10 more girls than the other team you are competiting against, you are going to look better!! Lawrence Co. was awesome, and I thought Magoffin deserved to place somewhere. I just wish JC could have been louder, with all those extra voices they had out there!
yeah put jc on a blue mat..they are good like what was said earlier.
but this forum isnt about any competition it is about ingame comp. and jc clearly didnt have what it took to be granted winner-for ethier game.
i dont understand why people just cant except runners up and realize they got beat out of somthing,and get over it.

and as for being cocky on the sidelines bc of how clean and sharp they are......well lc is just as sharp and clean if not cleaner.....and this has been proven not only at ingame but when they played at lc and when lc played at their gym..and you dont see their girls going around with their noses in the air thinking their better than everyone else.
just saying....
Bubbles Wrote:Yea, you are correct. They are good on a blue mat. Or even really good. I guess you would see them as cocky on the sideline, because their sidelines are the cleaniest and sharpest sidelines with a varity of cheers. They are not sloppy at ALL. So if that makes them cocky, then so be it. As for the coach remark. Do you even know her? I venture to say NOT. She just works hard at her job. She knows what it takes to make a clean and sharp squad who can compete with anyone when given a fair chance. She has no time to brown nose or anything else. It is all about her GIRLS. That makes her an awesome coach. Everyone is just jealous because she has had so many successful squads over 21 years. That is pretty AWESOME, wouldn't you say so?

People would say they are cocky because of remarks like that one, and probably because of the poor sportsmanship that they displayed throughout the tournament.

And yes, I do think that is awesome for Mrs. Sturgill to have that many successful squads. She does a great job with her teams. Now, some teams are getting better and starting to catch up with them, and JC doesn't know what to do about it. I guess that's understandable.

I think it's great that our district is finally getting competitive.

And this is probably the nicest I could possibly be after reading some of these posts, so I probably will not be posting much more.
letsgo! Wrote:yeah put jc on a blue mat..they are good like what was said earlier.
but this forum isnt about any competition it is about ingame comp. and jc clearly didnt have what it took to be granted winner-for ethier game.
i dont understand why people just cant except runners up and realize they got beat out of somthing,and get over it.

and as for being cocky on the sidelines bc of how clean and sharp they are......well lc is just as sharp and clean if not cleaner.....and this has been proven not only at ingame but when they played at lc and when lc played at their gym..and you dont see their girls going around with their noses in the air thinking their better than everyone else.
just saying....

Well maybe we are cocky as you see it. However, we are not unsportsmanlike.
LC came with stickers on their cheer bags that read, and I quote, "Smile at least your not from Johnson County." How would one justify that action. Can't be done. How would your girls feel if that happened to them. As if the girls had not had enough to deal with that day due to the tradgey. Everyone seems to be really good at the digs against them. No one can face that things could have been handled correctly. Then these comments would have never been made by anyone. Do things that don't cause doubt. Everyone is better off in the long run.
This is enough comments ,it is time to move on by all. Will not hear me on this issue again. Boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Where do I begin?

Well, I'm pretty sure the KAPOS handbook says you must not arrive late for competition....JC arrived at halftime for the girls game where they were being judged. Granted they did not get ample time to warmup but they just didn't look that good. Then they dropped a stunt when they were being judged for boys. Also formations were off on the floor. They had so many girls on the sidelines and tried to stand in three lines which really cramped their formation. They tumbled onto the floor during foul shots which I'm pretty sure is still considered a live ball. Also, the KAPOS handbook says that once the ball is placed in the shooters hands for a foul shot all cheering must cease....but they continued rebound cheers. They are a great squad but GIVE ME A BREAK!
They couldn't even clap when SC won for the girls division and several cheerleaders made remarks to them when they walked by to accept their trophy.

I was at every game last week. Lawrence was definitely the most peppy on the sidelines. Their cheers were solid as well. I think considering JC and SC dropped stunts during their judging LC was definitely deserving of their 1st place trophy in the boys division. Magoffin also has a great squad and a new coach who has done a great job. They were solid all week and I wish they could have gotten one of the trophies. SC did an excellent job on Wednesday night when they were judged for girls. They were much more peppy than Monday nights game and their cheers looked awesome. I would find it hard to dispute the results of this division after witnessing all teams judged.

Let's face it....in game competition is more about being peppy and leading the crowd. Tumbling is not even a part of the score sheet. I can only think of one team who thinks they should win a competition if they drop stunts, aren't clean and don't follow competition rules.

Congratulations to all the cheerleaders in District 57!
Bubbles Wrote:Well maybe we are cocky as you see it. However, we are not unsportsmanlike.
LC came with stickers on their cheer bags that read, and I quote, "Smile at least your not from Johnson County." How would one justify that action. Can't be done. How would your girls feel if that happened to them. As if the girls had not had enough to deal with that day due to the tradgey. Everyone seems to be really good at the digs against them. No one can face that things could have been handled correctly. Then these comments would have never been made by anyone. Do things that don't cause doubt. Everyone is better off in the long run.
This is enough comments ,it is time to move on by all. Will not hear me on this issue again. Boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well for your information every LC fan was handed the stickers as we walked in...We would never do something like that if we knew how big of a problem it was going to be..... You just need to grow up and quit being a sore loser... im sure if someone would have took the time and money to make stickers for your team you would have worn them to!!!!:Thumbs:
Bubbles Wrote:Well maybe we are cocky as you see it. However, we are not unsportsmanlike.

First of all, not all of the stickers said that. some just said we love our dogs. it's just a little excitement going on. Lawrence Co. hasnt made it this far in a few years so the whole community was buzzing. The stickers were not made by the girls.

secondly, a few LC girls went to turn their bags over and hide the stickers once they realized how it affected the JC girls. While they were doing so, the JC COACH todl them "At least we're not trash, and we have class"

who would say that to a kid? and to beat it all, the Senior Head Cheerleader on JC had to be the one to come apologize to LC for the way her coach and team acted.
If you are going to tell something at least get it right. Doesn't matter the reason no stickers should have been on the bags to start with. Glad that you all are excited, but does not excuse the stickers. As for Coach S she would NEVER call any child trash. She would be extremely upset if she even thought some one would think that of her. She is an awersome Christian and rarely even raises her voice at her own girls. So don't accuse her of something that every one who knows her knows she would Never do. Shame.
Bubbles Wrote:If you are going to tell something at least get it right. Doesn't matter the reason no stickers should have been on the bags to start with. Glad that you all are excited, but does not excuse the stickers. As for Coach S she would NEVER call any child trash. She would be extremely upset if she even thought some one would think that of her. She is an awersome Christian and rarely even raises her voice at her own girls. So don't accuse her of something that every one who knows her knows she would Never do. Shame.

SERIOUSLY YOU ARE RIDICULOUS IT IS A STICKER !!!!!!!! And actually she did say and I quote "Thats alright girls we have class and were not trash".....So get your story straight..... She also went up to LC's coach and told her off and the captain of JC's team came and told the cheerleaders she was sorry.:dontthink
The truth will set you free. Enough is enough. What ashame that people attack innocent peoples reputation. You just don't get it. But, I can see this is a total waste of my valuable time. Have fun. Moving on to more important issues and this is not it.
Its alright LC won and thats all that matters!!!..whooo!!!:Cheerlead
Bubbles Wrote:The truth will set you free. Enough is enough. What ashame that people attack innocent peoples reputation. You just don't get it. But, I can see this is a total waste of my valuable time. Have fun. Moving on to more important issues and this is not it.

HAHA thanks thats what I:Clap: wanted
Maybe this thread needs to be closed also? It's sad that so many topics have to be closed due to bickering like this.
Did anyone else think that JC's sideline dance where the girls rotate positions was not absolutely adorable!!! I think JC's squad pushes cheering to higher expectations by trying things others dont. Making small mistakes when you do really hard stuff isn't so bad if you ask me. I think the squad members a few years ago doing the things they do know would be unstoppable.
The only thing meant by the other members is a lot of the squad is young, but still very good so dont take that the wrong way for those of you who may.
I believe LC won, fair and square.

The sticker thing is ridiculous, let it go.
congrats lc girls Smile
CheerCrazy90 Wrote:Where do I begin?

Well, I'm pretty sure the KAPOS handbook says you must not arrive late for competition....JC arrived at halftime for the girls game where they were being judged. Granted they did not get ample time to warmup but they just didn't look that good. Then they dropped a stunt when they were being judged for boys. Also formations were off on the floor. They had so many girls on the sidelines and tried to stand in three lines which really cramped their formation. They tumbled onto the floor during foul shots which I'm pretty sure is still considered a live ball. Also, the KAPOS handbook says that once the ball is placed in the shooters hands for a foul shot all cheering must cease....but they continued rebound cheers. They are a great squad but GIVE ME A BREAK!
They couldn't even clap when SC won for the girls division and several cheerleaders made remarks to them when they walked by to accept their trophy.

I was at every game last week. Lawrence was definitely the most peppy on the sidelines. Their cheers were solid as well. I think considering JC and SC dropped stunts during their judging LC was definitely deserving of their 1st place trophy in the boys division. Magoffin also has a great squad and a new coach who has done a great job. They were solid all week and I wish they could have gotten one of the trophies. SC did an excellent job on Wednesday night when they were judged for girls. They were much more peppy than Monday nights game and their cheers looked awesome. I would find it hard to dispute the results of this division after witnessing all teams judged.

Let's face it....in game competition is more about being peppy and leading the crowd. Tumbling is not even a part of the score sheet. I can only think of one team who thinks they should win a competition if they drop stunts, aren't clean and don't follow competition rules.

Congratulations to all the cheerleaders in District 57!

First of all I would like to say congratulations to all the squads for working hard and doing a great job. Lawrence County was very good on the sidelines and they are very peppy! Sheldon Clark was also a lot better this year than they have been in the past few years. Magoffin and Johnson Central both have solid squads every year and continue to do so. I have said before all of these bickering problems would be solved if every district tournament sponsor found judges from other districts with no affiliation to the school hosting the tournament. It may not change the results but, it may cut down on some of the problems. With that being said, make comments that make sense. I don't know how many people who have made comments about the Johnson Central Cheerleaders being late. You talk like they wanted to make some kind of grand late entrance because they think they are better or something. For crying out loud their bus broke down!!!! Know where in the KAPOS handbook does it say you are responsible for your bus breaking down. They left their school in plenty enough time to get from Paintsville to Sheldon Clark. They also were glad for Sheldon Clark because a girl on Sheldon Clark's squad used to cheer at JC and many of the girls still love her! People are just so ridiculous it cracks me up. Also you can do standing tucks on the sideline that is not tumbling on the floor. Yes, Johnson Central looked crowded on the sidelines they are the largest school in the region and they have a super large squad where did you want them to stand in the hallway? They had to modify their sideline formation to fit in a much smaller gymnasium. Just make intelligent comments when you make them. Don't just try to pull something out of the air to complain about.
Apparently Luv2cheer is trying to infer something that just isn't there. I did not say JC was trying to make a grand entrance when they came late. It doesn't matter what the circumstance is if you arrive late...your late. I'm sure they didn't mean for their bus to break down.
And as far as making comments that don't make sense... read the KAPOS manual and stop making excuses! Sometimes squads make mistakes...don't take it personal...just do better next time!
BTW, I guess the Expo center is also a much smaller gymnasium than JC's....since they used the same sideline formation during the regional tourney.
Johnson Central didn't use the same sideline formation at the expo they stood in two lines like everyone else. They only stood in the three lines at the district tournament because there wasn't enough room in the gym. Nothing has been said to take anything away from the winners on my part so find someone else to bicker with. That is not what this site is for. You are partial to your team and the people from JC are partial to theirs and there isn't anything wrong with that. The way I see it Cheerleading gets under appreciated in the school systems and instead of putting each other down we need to stick together. Ugly bickering is what gives cheerleading a bad name.
luv2cheer Wrote:The way I see it Cheerleading gets under appreciated in the school systems and instead of putting each other down we need to stick together. Ugly bickering is what gives cheerleading a bad name.

:Clap: