Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 77 - Lawrence County 56
Good job cats.. keep it up
Is wade skaggs leaving LC? I heard he might be going to johnson county to play for one of the teams there ?
dortonite Wrote:How was EJ's overall game?

The LHL said he was 15-23 from the field with 5 assists.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Two of those three are second 5.

What do you mean 2 of those 3 are second five? Aren't those the first three guys off the bench?
The King Wrote:The LHL said he was 15-23 from the field with 5 assists.

Thanks for the info, probably had a couple of 3's also.
asdfasdf Wrote:What do you mean 2 of those 3 are second five? Aren't those the first three guys off the bench?
I read the names wrong, it has been a long month for me. I am still trying to get over Richmond.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:I read the names wrong, it has been a long month for me. I am still trying to get over Richmond.

I hear ya, its easy to mistake Taylor for Tyler in print.
puppydawg Wrote:Is wade skaggs leaving LC? I heard he might be going to johnson county to play for one of the teams there ?

Are you kidding me? Skaggs would never leave LC to play in Johnson County especially, he has too much heart in his team at LC and always has. Imo Skaggs would never even consider transferring from LC.
sportfan Wrote:Well EKY I could care less who won this game,but it is comments like yours to bash LC OR RUB IT in their face that makes some of these threads bad.I know SV is the team to beat in 15th and so does everyone elsc,I think correct me if i am wrong LC just finished playing 5 games in 5 days.Not saying would have made a diffrence cause it wouldn't just don't bash anyone.

i think that matters alot. im not going to say LC would have won and all of this because SV won and thats it. LC will have another chance in regionals.

SV didnt impress me that much when they played LC they had no outside game at all, they only had an inside game mainly because of their size i mean just face is LC has no chance inside at all.
but it also might have just been an off night for SV because i have seen them play better in the past and then again maybe not
cricket Wrote:Are you kidding me? Skaggs would never leave LC to play in Johnson County especially, he has too much heart in his team at LC and always has. Imo Skaggs would never even consider transferring from LC.

I agree. He's a great team player and I couldn't see him leaving LC..
another great win for valley.cant wait to see the pikeville game its such a great rival always fun to watch.
does anyone know if sv is going to make up the game with jc
redman chick Wrote:does anyone know if sv is going to make up the game with jc
No, they had to drop 2 games due to the run in the All A. The JC and P-burg games were dropped is what I heard.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
sportfan Wrote:Well EKY I could care less who won this game,but it is comments like yours to bash LC OR RUB IT in their face that makes some of these threads bad.I know SV is the team to beat in 15th and so does everyone elsc,I think correct me if i am wrong LC just finished playing 5 games in 5 days.Not saying would have made a diffrence cause it wouldn't just don't bash anyone.

Not bashing anyone! LC is a good team and 1st or 2nd in the 57th. I have not bashed LC, but I didn't appreciate getting PM'ed by a few LC fans over making a statement on another thread in response to the LC fans thinking they could beat Valley. No one in the 15th is going to beat Valley this year. Doesn't matter if you are LC or JC or anyone else. That is reality, not bashing. If you want to blame anyone for making threads bad, then blame some of the LC fans for getting hyped up on a matchup that is not going to work out for them and then attacking other people for saying such.

Good luck to LC, but I honestly don't see anyone beating Valley. But apparently some of your peers in LC believed that they would. That was my only point! Enough said on the matter. No bashing intended!!
LC_HAMMER Wrote:i think that matters alot. im not going to say LC would have won and all of this because SV won and thats it. LC will have another chance in regionals.

SV didnt impress me that much when they played LC they had no outside game at all, they only had an inside game mainly because of their size i mean just face is LC has no chance inside at all.
but it also might have just been an off night for SV because i have seen them play better in the past and then again maybe not

Not impressed with SV's performance against Lawrence? I guess a 21-point blowout doesn't mean much these days... Rolleyes

Myself, if some other team came into my school's gym and came away with a 21 point win on my home court, I'd be singing their praises. Saying that the winning team wasn't all that good just makes your team look that much worse.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congrats to Shelby Valley!!
Amen, More Cowbell.

SV won by 21 and was up by more than that when they stopped pressing the issue on offense (the entire 4th qtr, they slowed down).

I've heard this type of statement several times this year concerning SV, saying "they only beat us by 15, 18, or in this case 21; they're not that good, they don't impress me."

I guess fans, in making such statements, have no regard even for their own team. Because if Valley is not that good and they beat you by 21 on your home floor, than your team must be awful (using some's logic).
justabballfan Wrote:Looks like SV is just rolling along, if they keep playing like this they will be very hard to contend with. Congrats on the win keep them coming. :Thumbs:

EKY Sportster Wrote:Not bashing anyone! LC is a good team and 1st or 2nd in the 57th. I have not bashed LC, but I didn't appreciate getting PM'ed by a few LC fans over making a statement on another thread in response to the LC fans thinking they could beat Valley. No one in the 15th is going to beat Valley this year. Doesn't matter if you are LC or JC or anyone else. That is reality, not bashing. If you want to blame anyone for making threads bad, then blame some of the LC fans for getting hyped up on a matchup that is not going to work out for them and then attacking other people for saying such.

Good luck to LC, but I honestly don't see anyone beating Valley. But apparently some of your peers in LC believed that they would. That was my only point! Enough said on the matter. No bashing intended!!

there is still regionals big guy, listen teams can be beatin, SV is a great team LC is almost a great team, they need a "big man" size, they have shooters and guards but they dont have a big post up rebounder.
valley has all the size, if LC can keep the ball from getting down low, includin keeping justice from driving, and a limited number of LC turnovers they can win,
just keeping talking about how good valley is and let them get full of themselves, that game theother night didnt matter that much, in regionals when LC plays SV that will be what matter, im just saying dont count LC out, just because valley won this time doesnt mean they will the next, correct me if i am wrong but look at the NBA and even NFL teams pound the other team in the regular season but in the playoffs when it counts they blow it because the other team steps up. i love the adversity it should just drive LC to stepup and prove everyone wrong:ChairHit: :rockon:
dortonite Wrote:Thanks for the info, probably had a couple of 3's also.

he had like one 3... he isnt a 3 shooter just face it. all he can do it drive and dribble, and pass. but hes a point gaurd thats what they do,.
LC_HAMMER Wrote:there is still regionals big guy, listen teams can be beatin, SV is a great team LC is almost a great team, they need a "big man" size, they have shooters and guards but they dont have a big post up rebounder.
valley has all the size, if LC can keep the ball from getting down low, includin keeping justice from driving, and a limited number of LC turnovers they can win,
just keeping talking about how good valley is and let them get full of themselves, that game theother night didnt matter that much, in regionals when LC plays SV that will be what matter, im just saying dont count LC out, just because valley won this time doesnt mean they will the next, correct me if i am wrong but look at the NBA and even NFL teams pound the other team in the regular season but in the playoffs when it counts they blow it because the other team steps up. i love the adversity it should just drive LC to stepup and prove everyone wrong:ChairHit: :rockon:

If Elisha Justice scored 35 points on you, you don't have good guards.

If you focus too much on keeping Elisha from driving he's going to get the ball down low, and vice versa.
LC_HAMMER Wrote:he had like one 3... he isnt a 3 shooter just face it. all he can do it drive and dribble, and pass. but hes a point gaurd thats what they do,.

He shoots over 40% from 3, lol.
LC_HAMMER Wrote:there is still regionals big guy, listen teams can be beatin, SV is a great team LC is almost a great team, they need a "big man" size, they have shooters and guards but they dont have a big post up rebounder.

Congrats on being a big time LC fan and standing behind your team! I hope you are right and LC steps it up! I am just saying don't get your hopes up though because it isn't likely to happen. It is SV's to lose, not LC's to win.
LC_HAMMER Wrote:he had like one 3... he isnt a 3 shooter just face it. all he can do it drive and dribble, and pass. but hes a point gaurd thats what they do,.
I hate to say it but he had more then one three... maybe more like four or five... He is the complete guard.. but his size will hurt him at the D-1 level.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Same thing is said after every Valley win by the opponents fans, "if we limit turnovers and limit second chance points will have a chance to win", although that statement is true, its probably not going to happen because not one team in the the 15th region maybe even EKY can limit their turnovers against Valley. It happens in every game they play. They win because they force turnovers and get second chance points.

Fans just need to face the fact that Valley is 15-20+ points better than everyone in the region. I'm not saying that you have to give up on your team when they play Valley because anything can happen, but the chance of it happening is slim.

I hope this is a joke because you can't be serious. All I said was if SV keeps playing like this they will be hard to contend with and I think that is a pretty good observation don't you think. I sure bet that SV is scared to death of LC, probably hoping they can avoid them when the tourney starts. GET REAL.:igiveup:

LC HAMMER must have been a little impressed with SV from looking at some of his other posts when he said (SV all the way over Pikeville) because they had just beat a GREAT LC TEAM. hope SV don't run into LC again.Rolleyes
Hondo Wrote:I've heard this type of statement several times this year concerning SV, saying "they only beat us by 15, 18, or in this case 21; they're not that good, they don't impress me."

I guess fans, in making such statements, have no regard even for their own team. Because if Valley is not that good and they beat you by 21 on your home floor, than your team must be awful (using some's logic).

Agreed, exactly what I said.

If SV isn't that good, and they beat your team by 21, I guess that makes your team even less than "not that good". Right?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Same thing is said after every Valley win by the opponents fans, "if we limit turnovers and limit second chance points will have a chance to win", although that statement is true, its probably not going to happen because not one team in the the 15th region maybe even EKY can limit their turnovers against Valley. It happens in every game they play. They win because they force turnovers and get second chance points.

Fans just need to face the fact that Valley is 15-20+ points better than everyone in the region. I'm not saying that you have to give up on your team when they play Valley because anything can happen, but the chance of it happening is slim.

Good post, BA. I think it's fine that people on here support their team and hope that they win when they play Shelby Valley. Nothing wrong with a little school spirit.

But it makes no sense for these same fans to get on here and say that SV isn't any good. It just comes off as sour grapes.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LC Hammer, if Justice had 4 or 5 3's, why do you come on here and say

he only had 1 and can only drive,dribble,etc, at least be correct?