Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Channing Fugate Breathitt County
I watched the highlight videos on youtube of Channing and the differences from '2007 and 2008 are drastic...In 2007, it looked as if Channing really was not as fast as he is now and kids caught him from behind. In the 2008 highlights, he broke away from just about everyone. If he keeps improving he will be looked at by more than a few schools.....D1, maybe, but he will star at a team like EKU or WKU in my opinion....WKU is D1 now....
Twitter: @tc_analytics

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Do not forget that Central keyed on him and he still had 170+ total yards.....It is hard enough to get that many yards if a team is not keying on you, but it is impressive to get those numbers against a team like Belfry and Central that know that he is just about the only kid that they need to focus on...

My point was that he handled himself fine against all that D1 talent on Central team. Most of his rushing yards in that game came with him running counter trey.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I watched the highlight videos on youtube of Channing and the differences from '2007 and 2008 are drastic...In 2007, it looked as if Channing really was not as fast as he is now and kids caught him from behind. In the 2008 highlights, he broke away from just about everyone. If he keeps improving he will be looked at by more than a few schools.....D1, maybe, but he will star at a team like EKU or WKU in my opinion....WKU is D1 now....

He is being looked at.You would be suprised by who.He and Jade are attending some college camps this year.I believe they are also going to the Nike camp also.Csportsman11 could tell you for sure about which camps.
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:He is being looked at.You would be suprised by who.He and Jade are attending some college camps this year.I believe they are also going to the Nike camp also.Csportsman11 could tell you for sure about which camps.

You should go to the college camps to. I am sure they will let you come also, along with about 300 other campers.
ZoneRead Wrote:You should go to the college camps to. I am sure they will let you come also, along with about 300 other campers.

I'm not actually thinking about college right now.You are so funny though.
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:I'm not actually thinking about college right now.You are so funny though.

Not trying to be funny. Pointing out to you that just because you go to a college football camp does not mean that they are going to sign you. I don't think you need a invite to attend so you can go to if you pay the camp fee.
Is Channing Fugate the best football player ever in the mountains?
ZoneRead Wrote:Yes he is only a Jr. but if a kid is Div. 1 he would have been offered by now unless schools just don't know about him. I hope he has got the offer. I would love to see him play at the next level.

In football you cannot talk to a junior face to face until after June 15th prior to their senior year. No coach has had an opportunity to offer yet because they are not allowed.
BIGREDDAWG Wrote:In football you cannot talk to a junior face to face until after June 15th prior to their senior year. No coach has had an opportunity to offer yet because they are not allowed.

Where did you come up with that? I know for a fact that kids have been offered as early as soph. year. So if a player goes to camp the coach is not allowed to talk to them.
I am tired of people looken at 40 times to see if this kid is ready for D-1 football. All I half to say is watch him he is for real. If the kids from Louisville Central is really that good Fugate will go to Div-1. He had a great game two or three touchdowns and over 100 yards rushing. Not bad for a guy playing against several div-1 players. He did all one man could do. I agree, he is no rocket Ishmail, but he is one bad mama jama who knows how to play football.
I am not a Breathitt Co. fan but beleive me Fugate is for real !!!!
No he is not the best ever. Not even the best in Breathitt Co. history.
What is Channings numbers on the Bench, Squat, and Deadlift? Is he as strong as he looks?
ZoneRead Wrote:Not trying to be funny. Pointing out to you that just because you go to a college football camp does not mean that they are going to sign you. I don't think you need a invite to attend so you can go to if you pay the camp fee.

Yes I know that.I know all that.Channing will be attending alot of camps.He was at WKU today with Jade as a matter of fact.
ZoneRead Wrote:Is Channing Fugate the best football player ever in the mountains?

Yes.......by the end of next season everyone will realize it.
Old Jacket Wrote:No he is not the best ever. Not even the best in Breathitt Co. history.

Your crazy...........who is or was better.I don't want to hear Danny Back or Dennis Cornet or Ricky Brewer.The 3 together couldn't carry his jock.
ok let me straighten things up channing fugate is the best RB to ever hit breathitt. channing fugate is attending the nike combine channing fuagte is being looked at by iowa state. channing fuagte is fast enough to play HB in college runs legite 4.7 so there u go the scoop on the big horse
Best in the mountains. Yes last season he was, but all time, that is stupid.

I really hope that Channing Fugate is one of these crazed BHS fans, because that would mean he wants to play in college football more than any person in history, and has the most self-interest swagger of all time.

IMO, and this is my personal opinion on this matter.

!!!! Channing Fugate has the potential to play in college football, but not at RB, there is no chance. At another position yes! TE, DE, ILB he would fit the needs of many team. With his large frame and above average skill set.

Please dont get caught up in the numbers. Even if he brakes SH rushing record, he will never be Shawn Alexander.

Mountain Runners who put up huge numbers and never really made it big.

Doug Howard-Belfry-much faster than CF, but not the size
Dustin May-Belfry-Same body, probably stronger, but slower.
Shawn Grimm-JC-Record breaking number, but tiny back
Josh Gross-Russell
Kasey Clark-Russell
Shawn Robbins-Bell Co
Kelvin Turner-Danville
Lee Renfro-Pul. SW.-plays at OU, but not as RB
Wayne Stevens-Rowan Co.
Micheal West-Lawrence Co

Stats mean nothing. If he wants to go to college he needs a RB coach, He runs to high, he needs a lot of plyo work, he has to change direction better.

He seems to work hard, by the way he runs. Thats something you cant coach, so thats in his favor
bobcatlunatik Wrote:ok let me straighten things up channing fugate is the best RB to ever hit breathitt. channing fugate is attending the nike combine channing fuagte is being looked at by iowa state. channing fuagte is fast enough to play HB in college runs legite 4.7 so there u go the scoop on the big horse

There you go.Right from the Big Horse's mouth. Channing Fugate is the man.How can you say he won't be the best ever.Shawn Alexander wasn't even recruited by UK.Was he not good enough in highschool?Who knows for sure but he showed all the naysayers.Channing will too.:notworthy
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:There you go.Right from the Big Horse's mouth. Channing Fugate is the man.How can you say he won't be the best ever.Shawn Alexander wasn't even recruited by UK.Was he not good enough in highschool?Who knows for sure but he showed all the naysayers.Channing will too.:notworthy

Now that is crazy talk. Alexander most certainly did get recruited by UK. He was recruited during his Jr year. He has the National Gatorade player of year among other things. He was one of the top RB recruits in the nation. 3,166 yds his Sr year alone with 54 TDs. 2396 yds and 42 TDs. Over 6000 yds for his career and 110 TDs.
I think we all agree that Channing is a great player. What he does on the feild shows me that he has a ton of heart, plus size, speed, and the willingness to learn from his mistakes will take him far. How far who knows, but the sky is the limit for this kid aslong as he keeps his head on straight and keeps himself grounded.
Strong like Russian bear he is....
I hear Channing is going to challenge Fedor Emalinko in an MMA match soon. Chan is the Man.
warmachine Wrote:I hear Channing is going to challenge Fedor Emalinko in an MMA match soon. Chan is the Man.

He is not that good lol.
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:There you go.Right from the Big Horse's mouth. Channing Fugate is the man.How can you say he won't be the best ever.Shawn Alexander wasn't even recruited by UK.Was he not good enough in highschool?Who knows for sure but he showed all the naysayers.Channing will too.:notworthy
what do u mean big horses mouth im not channing fugate but i talk to channing everyday and am good friends with him. he also jus recently told me he runs a low 4.6 in 40
Hitman7 Wrote:What is Channings numbers on the Bench, Squat, and Deadlift? Is he as strong as he looks?
not for sure but i think the bench is up close to 300 the squat is around 380 or 390 and never seen him deadlift but as for power cling its like 280

barrel Wrote:Now that is crazy talk. Alexander most certainly did get recruited by UK. He was recruited during his Jr year. He has the National Gatorade player of year among other things. He was one of the top RB recruits in the nation. 3,166 yds his Sr year alone with 54 TDs. 2396 yds and 42 TDs. Over 6000 yds for his career and 110 TDs.

It's Shaun, not Shawn.

Yes, that's a fact. UK was never a consideration for Shaun Alexander. The Boone Co. Star was acutally being looked at as a Sophomore and was on everyones National recruiting lists going into his Junior year. Bama was on his list as a Junior, and he made it official on the first day of signings.

It was a fmily decision for the Alexander's and Shaun was told from the very beginning to play where he wanted to play and not somewhere close that assured the family the opportunity to see him.
Are there other videos of Channing besides the two on this thread. He looks imrpessive here.

^ I haven't found any others but watching him in person is the real ticket.
Stardust Wrote:Are there other videos of Channing besides the two on this thread. He looks imrpessive here.

Go to YOUTUBE and just type his name.There is plenty.