Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 10 players in the state
PC_You_Know Wrote:But our boy just outperformed yours today basically being double teamed by the twins the entire time he had the ball.

Look im giving him credit were its due the kid can play. Its more like this you wear your VALLEY shirts and ill wear my ELLIOTT shirts. They are all winners, only today you beat us ok.
My Top 10 on Talent alone:

1.Jon Hood-Madisonville-NH
2.CJ Penney-Anderson Co.
3.Ge'lawn Guyn-Scott Co
4.Chad Jackson-Scott Co
~Could be the best raw talent in the state, thats why he's so High
5.Jacob Jenkins-Manual
6.Richie Phares-Scott Co
7.Elijah Justice-Shelby Valley
8.Jordan Hickman-Bardstown
9.Ricardo Johnson-Holmes
10.Darrin Ballou-Adair
ky wildcats Wrote:Look im giving him credit were its due the kid can play. Its more like this you wear your VALLEY shirts and ill wear my ELLIOTT shirts. They are all winners, only today you beat us ok.

LOL, I find it so funny that you Elliott fans thought you would dominate Valley, and when Valley beats you, you still make claims that your players are better, good grief.
Warriors23RJ Wrote:My Top 10 on Talent alone:

1.Jon Hood-Madisonville-NH
2.CJ Penney-Anderson Co.
3.Ge'lawn Guyn-Scott Co
4.Chad Jackson-Scott Co
5.Jacob Jenkins-Manual
6.Richie Phares-Scott Co
8.Jordan Hickman-Bardstown
9.Ricardo Johnson-Holmes
10.Darrin Ballou-Adair

See PC YOU KNOW this is his opinon i respect it.Big Grin
I'll give this a shot...

1. Jon Hood (Madisonville-North Hopkins)
2. Ricardo Johnson (Holmes)
3. Ge'lawn Guyn (Scott County)
4. CJ Penny (Anderson County
5. Aaron Cosby (Jeffersontown)
6. Darren Ballou (Adair County)
7. Vee Sanford (Lexington Catholic)
8. Richie Phares (Scott County)
9. Elisha Justice (Shelby Valley)
10. Ethan Faulkner (Elliott County)
ky wildcats Wrote:See PC YOU KNOW this is his opinon i respect it.Big Grin

??? You also respect the person's opinion who didn't put Elisha in the top 10, now you're confusing me.
ky wildcats Wrote:Im not at all knocking this kid (justice) he is a very very good player athletic jumps very well and is quick as lighting. I IMO I think that ETHAN is a better point guard. As far as Ferguson goes they dont even play the same postion, he is a scorer. I personally dont think Justice can shoot or score the ball like Ferguson can. They too have similarities though they can both jump and are very quick. Once again im not knocking this kid i would love to have him in Sandy Hook but just like your heart belongs to Valley mine belongs to the Lions. :Clap:

I will give it to you, Justice and Ferguson have diferent style games and are used by their teams in different ways, but as far as the Faulkner boy, him and Justice are both are good at their postion but from what I saw today Justice is by far better at it and I think you saw the same thing but I know it is hard to admit.Wink
Pupaw Wrote:Here's my Top Ten, Jon Hood being the #1. The rest are in no particular order.
Jon Hood-Madisonville North Hopkins
Ricardo Johnson-Holmes
Jacob Jenkins-DuPont Manual
Richie Phares-Scott Co.
CJ Penny-Anderson Co.
Ge'lawn Guyn-Scott Co.
Darren Ballou-Adair Co.
Jonathan Ferguson-Elliot Co.
Ethan Faulkner-Elliot Co.
Dakotah Euton-Scott Co.

ky wildcats Wrote:Big Grin

I AGREE

Couldn't disagree with this list more.

1. Jon Hood
2. Chad Jackson
3. Ge'Lawn Guyn
4. Elijah Justice
5. CJ Penney
6. Jordan Hickman
7. Ethan Faulkner
8. Richie Phares
9. Jonathon Ferguson
10. Ricardo Johnson

See there is a difference between most Elliott Co fans and other basketball fans. We realize that Faulkner and Ferguson are really good but we also realize that Justice is just as good if not better but for some reason Elliott Co fans don't want to admit it. Shoot if it were me and Justice dominated my team I'd say he was better that way it wasn't a worse player that beat me. But it's ok we don't need Elliott Co approval to know we have the better play on our team!
Afternoon_Delight Wrote:Couldn't disagree with this list more.

1. Jon Hood
2. Chad Jackson
3. Ge'Lawn Guyn
4. Elijah Justice
5. CJ Penney
6. Jordan Hickman
7. Ethan Faulkner
8. Richie Phares
9. Jonathon Ferguson
10. Ricardo Johnson

See there is a difference between most Elliott Co fans and other basketball fans. We realize that Faulkner and Ferguson are really good but we also realize that Justice is just as good if not better but for some reason Elliott Co fans don't want to admit it. Shoot if it were me and Justice dominated my team I'd say he was better that way it wasn't a worse player that beat me. But it's ok we don't need Elliott Co approval to know we have the better play on our team!

That's a good way to look at it, Elliott fans are saying their players got shown up by a player not on their talent level. Let's see what is said from Elliott now.
PC_You_Know Wrote:LOL, I find it so funny that you Elliott fans thought you would dominate Valley, and when Valley beats you, you still make claims that your players are better, good grief.

Yes im an Elliott fan and a big one at that. I told my wife this morning that this game was gonna be a war and it was. The difference in my eyes wasnt Justice (a very good player) it was Hatfield and those other big boys.. When we play we expect the twins and ferguson to peform which they do. Its the bonus of the Knipps that people are watching for. I expect the Justice kid to play well and he didnt dissapoint me that was a very good game with the guards going at it, but the way our high school plays defence you might think we were double Justice but if it was #0 for us we would do him the same way.
I quess your player were better in the post.
justabballfan Wrote:I will give it to you, Justice and Ferguson have diferent style games and are used by their teams in different ways, but as far as the Faulkner boy, him and Justice are both are good at their postion but from what I saw today Justice is by far better at it and I think you saw the same thing but I know it is hard to admit.Wink

please explain how you see this.
PC_You_Know Wrote:??? You also respect the person's opinion who didn't put Elisha in the top 10, now you're confusing me.

I respect your opinion as well as Afternoon_Delight , BlackcatAlum, and Warriors23RJ

1. Jon Hood
2. Chad Jackson
3. Ge'Lawn Guyn
4. Elijah Justice
5. CJ Penney
6. Jordan Hickman
7. Ethan Faulkner
8. Richie Phares
9. Jonathon Ferguson
10. Ricardo Johnson

Man what is with this. You are just going on and on about this have you read any of my post were i stated that the justice kid was very good? IMO (that means me not you) i just think Ethan is a better point guard just my opinion which isnt gonna win anything. Its just one game i hope we all meet again in the sweet 16 for our third and final game.
ky wildcats Wrote:please explain how you see this.

Justice is by far a better ballhandler, passer and for sure a better defensive player and he can pretty much control the tempo of the game as he did today. Is that not what you want from the point position if not you explain this to me because I may be confused. . With this being said both are good players but the Justice is just better at his position plain and simple and I don't think I was just seeing things.Sad
1-elisha justice
2-tate cox
3-dakota euton
4-chad jackson
5-hatfield
6-faulkner
7-ferguson
8-codie miller
9-guyn
10-phares

these are the best players i have seen this year so far i want to see hood
if they all transfered to one shool they may be state continders.....lol
justabballfan Wrote:Justice is by far a better ballhandler, passer and for sure a better defensive player and he can pretty much control the tempo of the game as he did today. Is that not what you want from the point position if not you explain this to me because I may be confused. . With this being said both are good players but the Justice is just better at his position plain and simple and I don't think I was just seeing things.Sad

Are you refering to all of the no called fouls that caused turnovers, playing defence is keeping your man in front of you not letting him go by and trying to swat at the ball which IMO is a foul, and guess what else we do that too but you guys are the kings at that. Back in the day i was taught to play defence you keep your man in front of you. Justice is a good ball handler but I can see him taking some ill adviced shot kinda like ferguson. With his jumping ability.
ky wildcats Wrote:Are you refering too all of the no called fouls that caused turnovers, playing defence is keeping your man in front of you not letting him go by and trying to swat at the ball which IMO is a foul, and guess what else we do that to but you guys are the kings at that. Back in the day i was taught to play defence you keep your man in front of you. Justice is a good ball handler but I can see him taking some ill adviced shot kinda like ferguson. With his jumping ability.

Please don't bring the Refs into this and result to making excuses. I thought the objective of D was stop the man your guarding or force a turnover any way you can correct me if I'm wrong looks like you said EC back tips too but their just not as good at it as SV is thats not my fault. I still can't see where you explain to me how the Faulkner boy is really better than Justice though and most shots are not ill advised if they are catching them out of the bottom of the net are they? Rolleyes
justabballfan Wrote:Please don't bring the Refs into this and result to making excuses. I thought the objective of D was stop the man your guarding or force a turnover any way you can correct me if I'm wrong looks like you said EC back tips too but their just not as good at it as SV is thats not my fault. I still can't see where you explain to me how the Faulkner boy is really better than Justice though and most shots are not ill advised if they are catching them out of the bottom of the net are they? Rolleyes

Elisha went what, 7/9 against Henry, doesn't sound like he takes too many ill advised shots to me.
Guys, no need to argue over it. Even though BOTH of Valleys guards played better than any 3 perimeter players for Elliott Co. They was the big factory in holding EC to their lowest point total for the season. Not to mention holding a team that averages 86.3 points a game to only scoring 52 points. Then you are right, they dont play good defense. Elliotts top 10 guards got a lesson in how not to play defense from people who cant play it.

Go ahead and put your two star players on the top 10 list from Elliott County. Our not so star players are busy styling and profiling beside the 2009 ALL A STATE TOURNEY trophy. Oh, congrats to ELISHA JUSTICE of SHELBY VALLEY for being the ALL A STATE TOURNEY MOST VALUABLE PLAYER!!!!!

All said and done, you are right, your players on the top 10 list. Both of them coudnt do anyting with our star player. Let me change that, they couldnt do anything with EITHER of our guards. We dont care, we are going to PARTY!!!! Until tomorrow night at is.

My top 10 list includes but not limited to:

1. Elliots point guard
2. Elliots 2 guard
3. Elliots shooter
4. Elliots other shooter
5. Elliots big man
6.. Elliots player with a mohawk. (I really liked it, no joke)
7. Elliots water boy, he just dont get a chance playing on a team full of 10 ten players.

8-10, those other guys....

Happy now?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
Jon Hood-Madisonville-NH
2.CJ Penney-Anderson Co.
3.Ge'lawn Guyn-Scott Co
4.Chad Jackson-Scott Co
5.Jacob Jenkins-Manual
6.Richie Phares-Scott Co
8.Tyler Mullins-PCC
9.Ricardo Johnson-Holmes
10.Klay Maggard-PCC

you can also throw in Deron Amis and Clint Stepp
ky wildcats Wrote:Are you refering to all of the no called fouls that caused turnovers, playing defence is keeping your man in front of you not letting him go by and trying to swat at the ball which IMO is a foul, and guess what else we do that too but you guys are the kings at that. Back in the day i was taught to play defence you keep your man in front of you. Justice is a good ball handler but I can see him taking some ill adviced shot kinda like ferguson. With his jumping ability.

While backtipping or backtapping isn't considered fundamental defense, it should not be considered a foul just because it is not fundamental. It's just like reaching in--it shouldn't be called a foul unless you actually hit the offensive player. At times I would like to see Valley play better as far as keeping their man in front of them, but with Adams, Tackett, Hatfield, and Newsome inside a lot of those shots are blocked or contested. This type of defense can actually be very effective as witnessed yesterday.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:While backtipping or backtapping isn't considered fundamental defense, it should not be considered a foul just because it is not fundamental. It's just like reaching in--it shouldn't be called a foul unless you actually hit the offensive player. At times I would like to see Valley play better as far as keeping their man in front of them, but with Adams, Tackett, Hatfield, and Newsome inside a lot of those shots are blocked or contested. This type of defense can actually be very effective as witnessed yesterday.

I think that you are correct, but we (elliott co) does it to i think it most of the time is a foul, because what i see is you get beat by an offensive player then you try to make up by reaching around, I (IMO) usually is a silly foul. Just move your feet keep them in front of you.
ky wildcats Wrote:I think that you are correct, but we (elliott co) does it to i think it most of the time is a foul, because what i see is you get beat by an offensive player then you try to make up by reaching around, I (IMO) usually is a silly foul. Just move your feet keep them in front of you.

But the thing is if he does get by you and you poke the ball from behind how is that a foul? It's not because he's not touching the offensive player.

So are you saying if an offensive player gets by a defensive player but the defensive player blocks the offensive player from behind it's a foul because he let him by instead of "just moving his feet"?
I could have swore it was spelled Elijah not elisha...maybe not.
Afternoon_Delight Wrote:But the thing is if he does get by you and you poke the ball from behind how is that a foul? It's not because he's not touching the offensive player.

So are you saying if an offensive player gets by a defensive player but the defensive player blocks the offensive player from behind it's a foul because he let him by instead of "just moving his feet"?

You read my post is that what it said? Listen im not complaning it just my opinon Ive got mine you have yours that what makes the world go around. Be happy move on.
ky wildcats Wrote:You read my post is that what it said? Listen im not complaning it just my opinon Ive got mine you have yours that what makes the world go around. Be happy move on.
Couldn't be happier.:party2:
Afternoon_Delight Wrote:Couldn't be happier.:party2:

well i could be happier, :thumpsup: but thats why they play these games cause on here we dont have a clue now do we.
Afternoon_Delight Wrote:I could have swore it was spelled Elijah not elisha...maybe not.

No, his name is spelled Elisha.

1. Jon Hood
2. Chad Jackson
3. Ge'Lawn Guyn
4. Elijah Justice
5. CJ Penney
6. Jordan Hickman
7. Ethan Faulkner
8. Richie Phares
9. Jonathon Ferguson
10. Ricardo Johnson

Well, obviously you didn't disagree with me too much, you only have 3 players on your list that I didn't have on mine. Besides I said in a later post the other people that I could have put in there, and just flat out forgot about.
Nonetheless, there is great talent in the entire state of Kentucky. But obviously I don't have a clue as to what I'm talking about, just cause I don't have Elisha Justice in my top 10. Who cares what we think anyway?LOL
Were just a bunch of "average joe's" on BluegrassRivals arguing over who the top 10 players in the state are.
I really dont understand why nobody is putting Vee Sanford in top 10 he's prlly the best player in the State...Now Jon Hood he is good and all and going to UK but plz he rlly isnt the best player