Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Religious Questions
DevilsWin Wrote:She seems to have questions about the validity of The Bible.

True, both believers and non-believers have had questions about the validity.
DevilsWin Wrote:How many Preachers/Preists were annointed then went on to be liars and sinners?

Annointed or not they are still human and have the propensity to make mistakes.
When your anoninted your anointned..EX "no matter what i do tomorrow that doesnt mean i wasnt anointed last night"
Homer Simpson Wrote:When your anoninted your anointned..EX "no matter what i do tomorrow that doesnt mean i wasnt anointed last night"
With that pretext, being anointed doesn't really mean anything.

You get the same effect by jumping in a mud puddle.
Just convert to Atheism
its much better not having a mythical creature control everything you do
what i saying is its up to the person what they wanna do even after they have a religous experience.. the devil can also talk through you.. who are you gonna listen to
FenrisGrim Wrote:Just convert to Atheism
its much better not having a mythical creature control everything you do

:Thumbs:
i believe that questions should be directed to God FIRST. Pray about them and look for answers in the bible since the bible is God's message to us. It is okay to not understand the Bible but the Bible was inspired by God. He is in complete control of everything. This means that nothing was changed that wasnt meant to be changed. It is always good to question whether we are digging into the Bible to find out all we can though.
fanatic11 Wrote:i believe that questions should be directed to God FIRST. Pray about them and look for answers in the bible since the bible is God's message to us. It is okay to not understand the Bible but the Bible was inspired by God. He is in complete control of everything. This means that nothing was changed that wasnt meant to be changed. It is always good to question whether we are digging into the Bible to find out all we can though.

Another good post
thank you again
*Central_Cheer_Chick Wrote:One thing that always worried me, is that what if some things got left out of the Bible? Didn't a group of people sit down and decide which books went in and which didn't? And what if things got lost in the translation? We would never know

I understand you worrying about this because I questioned the bible for a while. The answer I found was to not worry about whether or not something was left out of the Bible. I personally read the New King James Version since it was (to my understanding) strictly translated from the language the Bible was originally made in and it's easier to read than the King James Version. The Bible was written by a group of people who knew what they were doing, who were inspired by God to write what they did. Yet, sometimes people (including me) misunderstand what they wrote and as a result can encourage people to go away from the faith. You are right in that the people who made the Bible can make mistakes, but God made sure the Bible was right.

Also, I noticed you had another post talking about how you go to church and you trust in God. I don't mean to judge you, but you remind me of myself when I was going through a hard time in my faith. Relax, God loves you, I'm sure you already know that.
Deathstar 80 Wrote:I understand you worrying about this because I questioned the bible for a while. The answer I found was to not worry about whether or not something was left out of the Bible. I personally read the New King James Version since it was (to my understanding) strictly translated from the language the Bible was originally made in and it's easier to read than the King James Version. The Bible was written by a group of people who knew what they were doing, who were inspired by God to write what they did. Yet, sometimes people (including me) misunderstand what they wrote and as a result can encourage people to go away from the faith. You are right in that the people who made the Bible can make mistakes, but God made sure the Bible was right.

Also, I noticed you had another post talking about how you go to church and you trust in God. I don't mean to judge you, but you remind me of myself when I was going through a hard time in my faith. Relax, God loves you, I'm sure you already know that.

:thumpsup:
Deathstar 80 Wrote:I understand you worrying about this because I questioned the bible for a while. The answer I found was to not worry about whether or not something was left out of the Bible. I personally read the New King James Version since it was (to my understanding) strictly translated from the language the Bible was originally made in and it's easier to read than the King James Version. The Bible was written by a group of people who knew what they were doing, who were inspired by God to write what they did. Yet, sometimes people (including me) misunderstand what they wrote and as a result can encourage people to go away from the faith. You are right in that the people who made the Bible can make mistakes, but God made sure the Bible was right.

Thank you. That helps a lot.
Okay, I've thought of a lot more questions. And some may sound stupid, but at least they make you think. (well, at least they made me think).

On Noah's Ark he took 2 of every animal, one male and one female. So were dinosaurs extinct by this time? If not, then did he have a T-rex just walking around the boat? The Ice Age was supposedly AFTER the great flood. Your thoughts?
its OK to ask or question the BIBLE as long as you beleive the answers it gives you don't want to tare a page out or mark a scripter out because you don't want to receive or beleive itor obay it.
*Central_Cheer_Chick Wrote:Okay, I've thought of a lot more questions. And some may sound stupid, but at least they make you think. (well, at least they made me think).

On Noah's Ark he took 2 of every animal, one male and one female. So were dinosaurs extinct by this time? If not, then did he have a T-rex just walking around the boat? The Ice Age was supposedly AFTER the great flood. Your thoughts?

Yes, and Scientist want us to believe that the earth is BILLIONS of years old, but if you believe that, then the Bible cannot possibly be accurate, since in Bible years, theologins date the earth in thousands of years.
*Central_Cheer_Chick Wrote:Okay, I've thought of a lot more questions. And some may sound stupid, but at least they make you think. (well, at least they made me think).

Baby dinosaurs. Before the flood all animals were vegetarians.
Genesis 1:30
Noah wouldnt have had to feed them meat. Just straw, hay, veggies, ect.
Stardust Wrote:Yes, and Scientist want us to believe that the earth is BILLIONS of years old, but if you believe that, then the Bible cannot possibly be accurate, since in Bible years, theologins date the earth in thousands of years.

If the translation is accurate, and I read it right, jesus referred to the "time of Noah" and the flood; however, he made no mention of how "god" accounts time. He was silent on the matter. I am not sure the spiritual accuracy of the bible, its depiction of the human heart, is out there utterly riding on the interpretation of theologians. In fact, I find that hardly credible.
Aslan Wrote:Baby dinosaurs. Before the flood all animals were vegetarians.
Genesis 1:30
Noah wouldnt have had to feed them meat. Just straw, hay, veggies, ect.
Utterly ridiculous!
DevilsWin Wrote:Utterly ridiculous!

Why is that rediculous?
DevilsWin Wrote:Utterly ridiculous!

The bible does say animals were herbivores. Some of the animals became carnivores after the flood, including man.

Quote:"Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things." Genesis 9:3

About your question,

Quote:Okay, I've thought of a lot more questions. And some may sound stupid, but at least they make you think. (well, at least they made me think).

I didn't know the answers to these questions either. I had to go to a christian website in order to find the answers myself. According to FresnoeJoe (a member of the christian website), dinosaurs were alive during the time of Noah, and Noah did take dinosaurs onto the ark. The reason the dinosaurs didn't eat Noah or his family were because, as I and Aslan mentioned earlier, they were herbivores during that time.

Here's the link to that website if you want to go to it. http://www.worthychristianforums.com/que...try1332679

About you quote,

Quote:The Ice Age was supposedly AFTER the great flood.

Actually, according to what I've heard from the TV series "Creation in the 21st Century", which comes on TBN every Monday at 7:00, the Ice Age was during the great flood. I would explain it, but I find it very hard to explain (I'm not exactly a scientist Smile ). I think they explained how the rain turned into snow and ice. As a result, animals in those higher elevations , such as mammoths, were instantly frozen. Some of this might not make sense because I'm struggling to explain this; you should really ask someone else who knows about this and knows how to explain this better.
I refuse to have a serious debate with people who think Tyrannosaurus Rex was not only on the ark, but was also a grass eater.

I've found Indian Arrowheads older than Earth if what some of you think is true.
DevilsWin Wrote:I've found Indian Arrowheads older than Earth if what some of you think is true.

How old? Or do you not know a specific date. I'm just curious.

(I hope *Central Cheer Chick won't mind if I change the subject a little bit.)
Everyone stop trying to find ways to validate a book that obviously is more fictitious than the Harry Potter series. I'd rather believe in Voldemort than the god of Abraham and Isaac.

Convert to Atheism/agnosticism it's infi easier.
Deathstar 80 Wrote:How old? Or do you not know a specific date. I'm just curious.

(I hope *Central Cheer Chick won't mind if I change the subject a little bit.)
Appx 10,000 years ago.
DevilsWin Wrote:Appx 10,000 years ago.

If you found them in the eastern U.S. they weren't 10,000 yrs old.
lawrencefan Wrote:If you found them in the eastern U.S. they weren't 10,000 yrs old.

They came from California, New Mexico and Arizona.

Answer me this.

How do you explain fossils found in petrified wood that lived 230 million years ago.
DevilsWin Wrote:They came from California, New Mexico and Arizona.

Answer me this.

How do you explain fossils found in petrified wood that lived 230 million years ago.

If they used carbon dating to find that time (I'm pretty sure that's the only way they can find how old an object is), then that time is questionable. This is because the atmosphere before the flood, being different than our atmosphere today, would affect the carbon dating by increasing the age. This means the age of those fossils are wrong.
Deathstar 80 Wrote:If they used carbon dating to find that time (I'm pretty sure that's the only way they can find how old an object is), then that time is questionable. This is because the atmosphere before the flood, being different than our atmosphere today, would affect the carbon dating by increasing the age. This means the age of those fossils are wrong.
Its like rings on a tree my man and its pretty simple. You find something so far down and even without carbon dating you can determine age.

Theology has absolutely NO place in science! NONE!:redboxer:
Personaly i like to have a little comprimise in this one. I believe that God set everything up to unfold in any way that science says it does. If you take the extremely rare occasions that would have to occur for these things to take place then I believe it had to be set up by God.
What about tattoos? Are they a sin? Or coloring your hair? Or dieting or tanning? Are these things okay in God's eyes?

I tan and highlighted my hair, and I diet. But I don't do it to be 'seen', I just do it because I feel better about myself. I had more confidence about myself after I did these things. I don't do them to try to be 'hot' or to please anyone else. I just like myself that way.