Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2009 KAPOS Results?
The small divison was a tough race. Pike Central did good. But had a fall at the end. Magoffin had a fall at the beginning and didn't have much tumbling. However Pike Central's routine was rather sloppy, their dance was probably the worst part, might want to change that if you want to be competitive in state. Every part counts, even the dance. Prestonsburgs sound checks did throw them off.
Medium was expect its nearly impossible to beat Pikeville in the 15th Region. They were good but being a junior varsity squad, they really need to step it up for state. North Laurel is usually good.
Large/Super Large/Traditional didn't have any competition. JC didn't impress me as much as i expect, they did good, but had some very obvious mistakes.
omg smokey.blue THAT EXACTLY WHAT I SAID lol.
Pike Central didnt Impress me at all!
I thought If P-burg wouldve tumbled more they wouldve won!
They didnt even mess up either.
I just watched Pike Central's tape as well, and I really think they deserved it. They had good stunting and tumbling. I think it was close between them and Magoffin. Had Magoffin not fallen and had more tumbling, they probably would have won. I agree, PC needs a new dance! It was slow, no ripples, and it looked like they were barely moving on the video. Just clean up the timing on the squad tucks and do the "little things" and I think they will place well at state. I'm not saying they will win, but they have the potential to place very well.

And yes, 15thRegion, Medium was close. There was less than 10 points between Pikeville and SC, and there was one score that SC received that was highly disputable. Every other judge scored it close. I still don't think the fall SC had would've changed anything. It is very hard to beat Pikeville. The name carries alot of weight with it. We'll get 'em next time!!!
14th region results

small -- perry central
medium -- estill
large -- hazard
super large -- breathitt
traditional -- powell
small coed -- letcher
large coed -- jenkins
loves2cheer Wrote:14th region results

small -- perry central
medium -- estill
large -- hazard
super large -- breathitt
traditional -- powell
small coed -- letcher
large coed -- jenkins

All of the squads did very well today! 14th region is going to be represented well again this year at state.
I thought Hazard was best overall;then Breathitt;Perry Central;Lenkins;Powell.Just my opinion.Too many classes for me.
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:I thought Hazard was best overall;then Breathitt;Perry Central;Lenkins;Powell.Just my opinion.Too many classes for me.

I liked :

Estill
Perry Central
Breathitt
Hazard
Letcher
Jenkins
Powell
Good Job 14th region! and good job powell co. we did awesome girls! and alot of other teams did to. i liked hazards. But good luck to all the teams that made it to state !
*Central_Cheer_Chick Wrote:Well ANY thing can happen at ANY time. I think they did a pretty good job of finishing the routine. At least they got out there and tried. They still have time to work before State. They will have some good teams competing against them then.

Well i am glad you dont down Shelby Valley. at least they had enough effort to finish the routine. you never know what can happen.. they havent competed in 3 years. so all there girls and boys are new besides 2 and all of the rest were nervous. So therefore you dont have to laugh at people.. I would like for you to get out there and something happen like that.. What would you do..
So for your information. dont laugh at people unless you want to be laughed at.
I apologize if you think I was laughing at you. I in no way intended for it to sound like that. I was actually taking up for Shelby Valley
no offense to my own team but breathitt sucks. we could do better crap then what we do. its pretty sad that my own mom said we did horrible and she thought we could do better and be more creative. my sister use to cheer for hack she was very disapointed.
Shew i know how Shelby Valley is feeling right now. Phelps was in the same situation back in the 2006-2007 year. Doing Co-Ed, yet along Kapos, was new to us and we struggled. But time state came, we impoved so much. We had great stunts, gymnastics, a full; we may have not been the best team there but we put forth effort and we were very proud in the end!

Keep your heads up Shelby Valley!
*Central_Cheer_Chick Wrote:I apologize if you think I was laughing at you. I in no way intended for it to sound like that. I was actually taking up for Shelby Valley

I wasnt talkin about you.. i was talking about PC TO KNOW..

Donathon.. thank you.. at least you no the feelin shelby valley haves.. and the way it feels to be new to competition.. thanks you so much for showing the shelby valley cheerleaders that they have potential and everything..
cats_005 Wrote:Donathon.. thank you.. at least you no the feelin shelby valley haves.. and the way it feels to be new to competition.. thanks you so much for showing the shelby valley cheerleaders that they have potential and everything..

no prob. i mean all it is is spending alot of time and being confident in your routine and team. all you have to do is take your time and never rush anything.
trust me, we learned our lesson with trying to rush things. but it can only go up if you all put your time and dedication into it!
donathanhurley Wrote:no prob. i mean all it is is spending alot of time and being confident in your routine and team. all you have to do is take your time and never rush anything.
trust me, we learned our lesson with trying to rush things. but it can only go up if you all put your time and dedication into it!

yea that is true.. well thanks for the advice.. maybe we will meet sometime and we will talk
I agree with Ashloves to cheer. You all cheered great. The crowd was a buzz about your pom routine. Personally, I think you should have placed 1st overall and hazard 2nd overall. You have a very crowd pleasing performance. Last year's was great too. I still remember it. I'm not a judge just a spectator who loves the sport; but I appreciate talent and you have a talented squad. I saw a lot of talented squads. Good luck at state.
I have a ? for Donathan Hurley. Did you see the 14th region KAPOS competition? If so what is your opinion?
cheerbeauty Wrote:I agree with Ashloves to cheer. You all cheered great. The crowd was a buzz about your pom routine. Personally, I think you should have placed 1st overall and hazard 2nd overall. You have a very crowd pleasing performance. Last year's was great too. I still remember it. I'm not a judge just a spectator who loves the sport; but I appreciate talent and you have a talented squad. I saw a lot of talented squads. Good luck at state.

Thank you (:
cheerbeauty Wrote:I have a ? for Donathan Hurley. Did you see the 14th region KAPOS competition? If so what is your opinion?

nope, i didn't get to see it. but i heard hazard was really good. it must have been a great competiton to watch!
I believe all the teams there did very well, including the teams that fell!

Congratulations teams going to state! Good Luck!
Hazard was really good. They always have an awesome routine full of difficulty. Actually, everyone did a super job. There were a lot of good performances. It was a very entertaining competition. This region has a lot of talented cheerleaders.
I wish I was on a big competiton squad like Pikeville or someone like that; it's really fun to compete!
Donathan, you and I should start an all star team! Big Grin lol
*Central_Cheer_Chick Wrote:Donathan, you and I should start an all star team! Big Grin lol

Haha, we should! That would be tons of fun!
Big Grin

I plan on coming back to Phelps in my later years and coach cheerleading.
So if Phelps dominates in the years to come, everyone can say i remember that kid saying that!
LOL.
so could anyone give me some information about the following teams ::

Marshall
Henderson
Daviess
Barren
Fairdale
Jeffersontwon
Grant
Conner Blue
Mason
Henry Clay
Boyle
North Laurel
Estill
Pikeville White
Boyd

thanks a bunch (:
loves2cheer Wrote:so could anyone give me some information about the following teams ::

Marshall
Henderson
Daviess
Barren
Fairdale
Jeffersontwon
Grant
Conner Blue
Mason
Henry Clay
Boyle
North Laurel
Estill
Pikeville White
Boyd

thanks a bunch (:

I saw Boyd's routine, and they are amazing!!!! They get VERY high scores. North Laurel is really good also. I haven't seen their routine, but I hear they are top-notch, as always. It should be between those two at state. After seeing Boyd, I think it is going to take alot to beat them! They performed better than Greenup at their regionals. Pikeville White is pretty good. They have some cleaning up to do. At regionals, they were beatable. I'm sure that Mrs. Wheeler has kicked it into high gear for states, though. They will probably place. I know nothing about any of the other teams.
loves2cheer Wrote:so could anyone give me some information about the following teams ::

Marshall
Henderson
Daviess
Barren
Fairdale
Jeffersontwon
Grant
Conner Blue
Mason
Henry Clay
Boyle
North Laurel
Estill
Pikeville White
Boyd

thanks a bunch (:

Boyle County is on you tube

north laurel is usually always a good and very strong team but i havent saw them this year!
Lawrence Co. did a really good job! They we're just a little off cause they had a few girls missing, and such... I believe the next competition they attend they will hopefully place.
oh wow! thanks so much!!!
It would be a great and awesome thing if someone could post the list of the Small Co-Ed Regions that have already won their title...

Garrard Co.
&
Letcher
are the only two I know of...
May I add... Garrard Co. Fresh and New to the whole Cheerleader winning system ROCKED IT!
They with out a doubt PUT ON A SHOW!
They now have a name..and dont forget it. GARRARD COUNTY!