Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 73 - Breathitt Co. 70
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Tiller has a very bright future for the Tigers!

I agree as well! The deficiencies that he has right not and the mistakes that he makes right now are all attributable to his age and experience level. But any time an 8th grader can come onto the floor and distinguish himself in a varsity game only shows that that player is going to be a very good player in the years to come. Keep up the hard work Tiller!!
EKY Sportster Wrote:I agree as well! The deficiencies that he has right not and the mistakes that he makes right now are all attributable to his age and experience level. But any time an 8th grader can come onto the floor and distinguish himself in a varsity game only shows that that player is going to be a very good player in the years to come. Keep up the hard work Tiller!!

Is this Tiller any kin to Brad Tiller who played football at Paintsville several years ago?
MonsterMan Wrote:Is this Tiller any kin to Brad Tiller who played football at Paintsville several years ago?

Several? I'm pretty sure it was more than several...he graduated from Sheldon Clark I believe...and I think it is his younger brother.
Joker Wrote:I have only watched the Tigers play 2 games this season. They are young and improving. Tiller is a good player, but I wouldn't say great. He can't do anything on his own. There are 4 other kids on the floor with him. And to say that they let Tiller beat them is just crazy. 24 points only didn't beat 70 points by Breathitt. Give all the kids on the floor some credit

Ok...Heres some credit. Since no one else ever posts anything about these two kids I will. Shey Spencer plays the same nite in nite out, he gives 110% if hes starting or not as soon as he hits the floor its Mr. Hustle. I would say he has almost as many rebounds during a game as any big man on the floor. The only problem is I dont think he shoots enough. What did he take last game 1 or 2 maybe. As for Josh Hall he has really stepped it up in the last two games. He started the JV game and then came in the Varsity game and gave some good minutes against the Bobcats. Same as Spencer full blast. Hopefully these group of kids learn there roll a little quicker than lasts. They dont have four years to figure it out. One more thing since you have only watched 2 games Tiller is the go to guy. Good game by ALL of the Tigers just not a few.
MonsterMan Wrote:Is this Tiller any kin to Brad Tiller who played football at Paintsville several years ago?
Trevor is Brad's little half bro. Brad graduated in '94 from SCHS where his family is from. But he did play at PHS for a couple of years.
Nice win Paintsville...keep it up
the 1 the only Wrote:is he phil jackson no is he rick pitino no but he is the coach at breathitt this year so give the man the break apparently you have a personal issue with him but these kids are playing under him so hope for the best instead of being negative about it i know coach noble is not the best fit as coach but he is. so deal with it and cheer for them and hope for the best of him but you sound like nothing than a disgruntled parent/fan

Noble is lost when it comes to coaching high school basketball, disgruntled or not facts are the same. What will happen with this program?
Legislature Wrote:Csportsman11 the only way you would say SMS has a player like Tiller if Haddix was still at the middle school. Your qualifications and recommendations in this community are very limited we all see the light now dont we.

I say that i have seen as many games as next person and i do think i try to give all kids the best,and as a fan and parent, i really dont think most do that, I would have been very happy if i had a kid that played as hard as Tiller did and just an 8th grader,not say we(Bobcats) didnt play hard against him he is just an athlete and hate to say it we have 8-10 athletes and just didnt get the Job DONE .....By the way Haddix did play as hard and as good as anyone did against the Tigers wasnt you proud of him doing that......
Nice win Tigers!!
Csportsman11 Wrote:I say that i have seen as many games as next person and i do think i try to give all kids the best,and as a fan and parent, i really dont think most do that, I would have been very happy if i had a kid that played as hard as Tiller did and just an 8th grader,not say we(Bobcats) didnt play hard against him he is just an athlete and hate to say it we have 8-10 athletes and just didnt get the Job DONE .....By the way Haddix did play as hard and as good as anyone did against the Tigers wasnt you proud of him doing that......

I was very proud of Haddix and he did play very hard, Haddix is a very good young man with great qualifications. I just wish his dad had half of the same qualifications as his son does, and keep a good commitment certainly towards other kids in this community.
TheRealVille Wrote:Nice win Tigers!!

Nice win for the Tigers. Breathitt is not going to get very many nice wins as long as noble is coaching,unless they are against Louisville Collegiate or Whitefield Academy and thats not even a win.
Eagle_Fan442 Wrote:Nice win Paintsville...keep it up

Good young team.
Legislature Wrote:Noble is lost when it comes to coaching high school basketball, disgruntled or not facts are the same. What will happen with this program?
nothing really the same thing that has been goin on with this program for the last few years
the 1 the only Wrote:nothing really the same thing that has been goin on with this program for the last few years

Please this is ironically the worse I have ever seen this program from the coaching part of it. We have some of the best players in the region and can not beat a grade school team.
Legislature Wrote:I was very proud of Haddix and he did play very hard, Haddix is a very good young man with great qualifications. I just wish his dad had half of the same qualifications as his son does, and keep a good commitment certainly towards other kids in this community.

I say his dad has lots of qualications and being a fan of the game is where you can see him,so i say he sees as many games and know as much about talent as most do so yes i see him at lots of games and never does he say things but support of the kids in mountains,and as far as local Breathitt Co. kids know him very well also,so u must not be talking about the Dad/fan i know,so he will be at the next game go talk with him and see if thats not way he is..Go Bobcats...
Legislature Wrote:Please this is ironically the worse I have ever seen this program from the coaching part of it. We have some of the best players in the region and can not beat a grade school team.

I really dont understand why you didnt apply for the Job,Coach Noble is our Coach and we got him and the other one(Banks) quit because players wouldnt play for him (can you or do you know WHY),so untill he(Noble) isnt the coach ,we have to support him and our kids and most have and will,and all former players are playing so whats your problem with Coach Noble( is it because the players are playing for him if it is get over it),give him a year or two at least thats what the rest got....
Csportsman11 Wrote:I say his dad has lots of qualications and being a fan of the game is where you can see him,so i say he sees as many games and know as much about talent as most do so yes i see him at lots of games and never does he say things but support of the kids in mountains,and as far as local Breathitt Co. kids know him very well also,so u must not be talking about the Dad/fan i know,so he will be at the next game go talk with him and see if thats not way he is..Go Bobcats...

He is a fan of talking about people and kids I see you at the games and you know nothing about talent. As for talking to you I have never talked to you and never will.
Csportsman11 Wrote:I really dont understand why you didnt apply for the Job,Coach Noble is our Coach and we got him and the other one(Banks) quit because players wouldnt play for him (can you or do you know WHY),so untill he(Noble) isnt the coach ,we have to support him and our kids and most have and will,and all former players are playing so whats your problem with Coach Noble( is it because the players are playing for him if it is get over it),give him a year or two at least thats what the rest got....

As for Banks he never was my favorite coach, in my book he was a far coach and had discipline but he is crazy,its his way or the high-way. You can not always be that hard on kids you must give a little. If you want to find anything out from Banks you go find it out and let me know. As far as all these players go Noble could have all the players in the school and still could not win. One other thing you are wrong about I dont have to support anyone, espesially when I know they are lost when it comes to coaching. I just wish that we had Brian Hall back he was better than Banks and espesially your friend the lost man Noble.
Wow, Brian Hall he is at Powell Co. ,come on lets support our Coach be positive and good things will happen,no we cant keep downing our coach cause he is the one that coaches Breathitt Co. and with/without your support he will be just fine,cause sounds like you want to play in past we are playing at Eastridge Friday night for the future of our Bobcats, see you there,and lots more Bobcat fans.....
Some one was telling me that the top three players for Paintsville had attended or had parents who had or were working in the JC system. Anyone know anything about this?
I don't know who the top three players are. You will have to help me out there. I do know this about the starting lineup. V's parents both work in the prison system and he has never gone to JC. Tillers mom works in Pville school system and dad is retired, and he has never attended JC. I don't know about seth daniels parents and he was in county system until 7th grade I think. Caldwell went to county to 8th grade and his dad is in the military in afghanistan right now and his mom owns a business and is not in the school system to my knowledge. Greens parents own a flower shop and he transferred to PHS during his freshman year. Spencer who is 6th man doesn't have a parent in the school system and I don't think he is a transfer. So, who are the top three you are hearing about?
warner Wrote:I don't know who the top three players are. You will have to help me out there. I do know this about the starting lineup. V's parents both work in the prison system and he has never gone to JC. Tillers mom works in Pville school system and dad is retired, and he has never attended JC. I don't know about seth daniels parents and he was in county system until 7th grade I think. Caldwell went to county to 8th grade and his dad is in the military in afghanistan right now and his mom owns a business and is not in the school system to my knowledge. Greens parents own a flower shop and he transferred to PHS during his freshman year. Spencer who is 6th man doesn't have a parent in the school system and I don't think he is a transfer. So, who are the top three you are hearing about?

It was a Pville fan who was talking, I think they were Tiller, Caldwell and Daniels. I think the way it was stated Tiller's mom had taught for a year in the county before coming to P'ville and I guess Daniels and Caldwell had gone to the county. No big deal, they are all great kids and I wish them luck. If a kid and his family are happy that is all that matters.
it was a pretty good game beside the calls
MonsterMan Wrote:It was a Pville fan who was talking, I think they were Tiller, Caldwell and Daniels. I think the way it was stated Tiller's mom had taught for a year in the county before coming to P'ville and I guess Daniels and Caldwell had gone to the county. No big deal, they are all great kids and I wish them luck. If a kid and his family are happy that is all that matters.
I don't know about the Daniels kid but I have watched Tiller since he was in the 6th grade at Paintsville and at that time Caldwell was in 8th, playing at Paintsville.
MonsterMan Wrote:Some one was telling me that the top three players for Paintsville had attended or had parents who had or were working in the JC system. Anyone know anything about this?

I really don't think this is any of your or anyone elses buisness. There was no need in bringing this up because it gets everyone insinuating something of recruiting or what-not that goes on in everyone's head. Had something the other day not been brought up about JC "possibly" getting a transfer in from VA then I highly doubt that you would have brought this up. I just don't understand why this matters about Paintsville basketball anyways. They are a very young team that is about 2-3 years away from competing within the region. Chase Richardson was at Paintsville at one point in his school days, him mom got a job at JC and he goes there. I totally understand that. Some people believe that if the school they are working for is good enough to hire them for their services, then it is good enough for their child to attend. Some on the other hand may not. It's not a big deal, if that is where they want their child to be or where their child wants to be why should any of us care. Several years ago Adam Rice's father was employed by PHS and he attended JCMS, nothing was ever said about that. In this day in age, before Al Gore invented the internet(or so he wants everyone to believe) you have these message boards, where the majority of the stuff is said to get people's feathers ruffled. I attended PHS, father went to JC, and have a brother that graduated from Paintsville that is currently teaching at Johnson Central High School. My brother loves his teaching position out there and I am 100% supportive of him and his current school, even though I went across the creek. Some people may see it the way I do or some people may not. But that comment should have never been brought up because whether or not it is true, all it is going to do is get things started on here and we'll be back to square one on all that recruiting non-sense.
MonsterMan Wrote:If a kid and his family are happy that is all that matters.

I agree.
DALE Wrote:I really don't think this is any of your or anyone elses buisness. There was no need in bringing this up because it gets everyone insinuating something of recruiting or what-not that goes on in everyone's head. Had something the other day not been brought up about JC "possibly" getting a transfer in from VA then I highly doubt that you would have brought this up. I just don't understand why this matters about Paintsville basketball anyways. They are a very young team that is about 2-3 years away from competing within the region. Chase Richardson was at Paintsville at one point in his school days, him mom got a job at JC and he goes there. I totally understand that. Some people believe that if the school they are working for is good enough to hire them for their services, then it is good enough for their child to attend. Some on the other hand may not. It's not a big deal, if that is where they want their child to be or where their child wants to be why should any of us care. Several years ago Adam Rice's father was employed by PHS and he attended JCMS, nothing was ever said about that. In this day in age, before Al Gore invented the internet(or so he wants everyone to believe) you have these message boards, where the majority of the stuff is said to get people's feathers ruffled. I attended PHS, father went to JC, and have a brother that graduated from Paintsville that is currently teaching at Johnson Central High School. My brother loves his teaching position out there and I am 100% supportive of him and his current school, even though I went across the creek. Some people may see it the way I do or some people may not. But that comment should have never been brought up because whether or not it is true, all it is going to do is get things started on here and we'll be back to square one on all that recruiting non-sense.

I agree with you on most of the post and I am for a kid being where he is happy. It was a Pville fan that was out in public talking the talk and some more that I will not mention on here, it really does not matter. Remember most of this started with the Grayson Boyd and Dip Stafford investigation and it opend a deep wound between the two schools that was almost healed.

I was just curious after I heard the coment in public. It is a legitimate question. Come the end of the day nothing is lost either way and I just hope everyone is happy.
DALE Wrote:I really don't think this is any of your or anyone elses buisness. There was no need in bringing this up because it gets everyone insinuating something of recruiting or what-not that goes on in everyone's head. Had something the other day not been brought up about JC "possibly" getting a transfer in from VA then I highly doubt that you would have brought this up. I just don't understand why this matters about Paintsville basketball anyways. They are a very young team that is about 2-3 years away from competing within the region. Chase Richardson was at Paintsville at one point in his school days, him mom got a job at JC and he goes there. I totally understand that. Some people believe that if the school they are working for is good enough to hire them for their services, then it is good enough for their child to attend. Some on the other hand may not. It's not a big deal, if that is where they want their child to be or where their child wants to be why should any of us care. Several years ago Adam Rice's father was employed by PHS and he attended JCMS, nothing was ever said about that. In this day in age, before Al Gore invented the internet(or so he wants everyone to believe) you have these message boards, where the majority of the stuff is said to get people's feathers ruffled. I attended PHS, father went to JC, and have a brother that graduated from Paintsville that is currently teaching at Johnson Central High School. My brother loves his teaching position out there and I am 100% supportive of him and his current school, even though I went across the creek. Some people may see it the way I do or some people may not. But that comment should have never been brought up because whether or not it is true, all it is going to do is get things started on here and we'll be back to square one on all that recruiting non-sense.

Chase Richardson never attended Paintsville school system at any time. I believe his sister attended there while her mother was employed at PHS. After her daughter's eighth grade year she returned to JC.
Eagle Eye Wrote:Chase Richardson never attended Paintsville school system at any time. I believe his sister attended there while her mother was employed at PHS. After her daughter's eighth grade year she returned to JC.
Sorry but you are wrong. Kids go back and forth all the time between these schools, but everytime a kid comes to PHS from anywhere, and does anything at all, a bunch from over there start crying that the only reason PHS ever has anything is because of transfers. truth is, that kids tend to gravitae to where they think is best suited for them. I coached Chase in elemtary when he attended Paintsville. He is a great kid and from a great family. I miss the dickens out of him but wish him and all the kids the very best. Now....back to the thread. Congrats Tigers!!! It was nice to see you play hard and together for an entire game.
The Guru Wrote:Sorry but you are wrong. Kids go back and forth all the time between these schools, but everytime a kid comes to PHS from anywhere, and does anything at all, a bunch from over there start crying that the only reason PHS ever has anything is because of transfers. truth is, that kids tend to gravitae to where they think is best suited for them. I coached Chase in elemtary when he attended Paintsville. He is a great kid and from a great family. I miss the dickens out of him but wish him and all the kids the very best. Now....back to the thread. Congrats Tigers!!! It was nice to see you play hard and together for an entire game.

Didn't know that and thought that when he moved in he went to Highland. I guess we learn something new everyday. I knew his sister had went but didn't think he did. :thumpsup: