Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fav/Least fav college team
IRISH4 Wrote:Favorite - UK, Notre Dame
Least - USC, Ohio State (the love affairs that the media has with these two schools is sickening)

Big Grin
I am sorry...but if you list Notre Dame as a favorite, but your least favorites are there because of the media's "love affair" then something really doesn't add up.

NO SCHOOL IN AMERICA has more of a love affair from the media then Notre Dame.... Notre Dame won 7 games this year but they got more airtime then any other team in the country!
Fav Duke
Least Uk,
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Fav- Kentucky
Least- Tennessee, Duke, North Carolina, UCLA, Notre Dame, Louisville, Florida, and South Carolina.

thats alot of hate running through you blackcat lol
Fav.-Kentucky
Least-All ACC teams, Louisville, Tenn., Florida, Notre Dame, and the ACC spokesperson/recruiter D. Vitale.
Favorite Basketball team Duke Bluedevils
team hated Kentucky Wildcats
DukeFan4life Wrote:Fav Duke
Least Uk,

DukeFan4life Wrote:Favorite Basketball team Duke Bluedevils

:igiveup: I think we get it Big Grin
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Big Grin
I am sorry...but if you list Notre Dame as a favorite, but your least favorites are there because of the media's "love affair" then something really doesn't add up.

NO SCHOOL IN AMERICA has more of a love affair from the media then Notre Dame.... Notre Dame won 7 games this year but they got more airtime then any other team in the country!

In my defense, I have been a Notre Dame football fan since 1994 and have been through the tough times with Davie, Willingham and now Weis. They are under contract with NBC for all their home football games, but I agree they were very overrated last year but could've easily beaten Pitt, UNC, and a few others. I think the nation has a love affair with them and the rumors of firing Weis right now....haha. Big Grin
IRISH4 Wrote:In my defense, I have been a Notre Dame football fan since 1994 and have been through the tough times with Davie, Willingham and now Weis. They are under contract with NBC for all their home football games, but I agree they were very overrated last year but could've easily beaten Pitt, UNC, and a few others. I think the nation has a love affair with them and the rumors of firing Weis right now....haha. Big Grin

HAHA... the nation would have a love affair with the waterboy if ESPN or NBC decided that waterboy needed a mention every single broadcast.

And for a Notre Dame fan to ramin a fan the past 15 years despite the outcomes of those seasons...that is a TRUE fan HAHA
IRISH4 Wrote:In my defense, I have been a Notre Dame football fan since 1994 and have been through the tough times with Davie, Willingham and now Weis. They are under contract with NBC for all their home football games, but I agree they were very overrated last year but could've easily beaten Pitt, UNC, and a few others. I think the nation has a love affair with them and the rumors of firing Weis right now....haha. Big Grin

The 40 & up generation, because no one under that would know the success that ND had. It's proven in the difficulty that ND has in getting the best players to come there now. Notre Dame is an old fan's team, but they are not a team of now. Time has passed them by.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:thats alot of hate running through you blackcat lol

Yeah, I guess you could call me a hater. lol
Fav.Team: KENTUCKY and any team playing NC, Tenn, and Loserville
Favorite..UK, Louisville, Florida
Least Favorite..North Carolina, Duke
Basetball
Fav- Duke
Least- UNC,

Football
Fav- Texas
Least- USC, Tenn
Why Does Every One Hate Duke 4 lol
NYY10 Wrote:Why Does Every One Hate Duke 4 lol

1) Dicky V's inherent need to mention them every broadcast... even if it has nothing to do with college basketball. he could be speaking for the V Foundation and still name drop Duke or Coach K.

2) Not only can Duke have the resume of a 4 or 5 seed as they enter the big dance and still get a 1 or 2 seed...but then the entire bracket is set up for them to play within 200 miles of their campus, even where the 1 seed has to travel across country.

3) Despite having everything lay out perfectly geographically. Duke gets beat in the first or secnd round,

4)Coach K cries and whines on national TV every year they get bounced way too soon in the NCAA's

5) The over glorification for whoever Duke's best white player is. (Wojo, Reddick, Paulus, etc)

6) Coach K being allowed to do credit card commercials and 50 other commercials on primetime V and it not being a NCAA violation.

7) The fact that Duke could lose 3 of their next 4 games and still would be a Top 15 ranked team.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:1) Dicky V's inherent need to mention them every broadcast... even if it has nothing to do with college basketball. he could be speaking for the V Foundation and still name drop Duke or Coach K.

2) Not only can Duke have the resume of a 4 or 5 seed as they enter the big dance and still get a 1 or 2 seed...but then the entire bracket is set up for them to play within 200 miles of their campus, even where the 1 seed has to travel across country.

3) Despite having everything lay out perfectly geographically. Duke gets beat in the first or secnd round,

4)Coach K cries and whines on national TV every year they get bounced way too soon in the NCAA's

5) The over glorification for whoever Duke's best white player is. (Wojo, Reddick, Paulus, etc)

6) Coach K being allowed to do credit card commercials and 50 other commercials on primetime V and it not being a NCAA violation.

7) The fact that Duke could lose 3 of their next 4 games and still would be a Top 15 ranked team.

Nice.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:1) Dicky V's inherent need to mention them every broadcast... even if it has nothing to do with college basketball. he could be speaking for the V Foundation and still name drop Duke or Coach K.

This is beautiful. You pretty much covered it.Wink
Fav-UK in everything.
Least-in basketball UNC and UCLA in football Tennessee.
DukeFan4life Wrote:Fav Duke
Least Uk,

DukeFan4life Wrote:Favorite Basketball team Duke Bluedevils

Want to tell us a third time?

I sense a little bandwaggoning?:p
And I would probably throw in the Shot by Christin Laettner to send the blue devils over UK..., am I right.. HAHA
NYY10 Wrote:And I would probably throw in the Shot by Christin Laettner to send the blue devils over UK..., am I right.. HAHA

Can I throw in the 7 championships that UK has to Duke's 3 championships?Wink
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Can I throw in the 7 championships that UK has to Duke's 3 championships?Wink

haha no you can't
NYY10 Wrote:haha no you can't

I rest my caseSmile
outdoorsman43 Wrote:I rest my caseSmile

I mean there both real good basketball programs lol
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Yeah, I guess you could call me a hater. lol

haha fair enough:moon:

1. Coach K was one of Jimmy V's best friends, so I would hope he would be mentioned when talking about Jimmy V.

2. North Carolina has great venues for basketball games, so what's wrong with that? When 3 universities (Charleston, NC, Duke) are having games there a year and they're all in NC, Duke has a good chance of playing near their home.

3. It's not like Duke plays cupcakes in the tournament.

4. Coach K does everything he can, he won a GOLD medal with the USA team, if he whines, there's a reason.

5. All of those players were VERY good in college, along with their current GLORIFIED white guy, Scheyer.

6. Coach K is not only affiliated with NCAA basketball, he is, unless you have forgotten, the USA mens basketball coach.

7. Duke plays in one of the toughest conferences in the NCAA, when they lose, it's to an ACC opponent, they have what, a 70 game home wining streak against non-conference opponents, what's that say about their losses? Currently in the AP poll, there are 2 other ACC teams ranked in the top 5 other than Duke, their losses come to TOP NOTCH teams.
Basketball - Fav is UK, hated is Duke
Football - Fav is UK and Tim Tebow, hated is Louisville, LSU
Basketball Fav- UK
Least- Duke and Georgia

Football Fav- West Virginia
Least- Pitt
PC_You_Know Wrote:1. Coach K was one of Jimmy V's best friends, so I would hope he would be mentioned when talking about Jimmy V.

2. North Carolina has great venues for basketball games, so what's wrong with that? When 3 universities (Charleston, NC, Duke) are having games there a year and they're all in NC, Duke has a good chance of playing near their home.

3. It's not like Duke plays cupcakes in the tournament.

4. Coach K does everything he can, he won a GOLD medal with the USA team, if he whines, there's a reason.

5. All of those players were VERY good in college, along with their current GLORIFIED white guy, Scheyer.

6. Coach K is not only affiliated with NCAA basketball, he is, unless you have forgotten, the USA mens basketball coach.

7. Duke plays in one of the toughest conferences in the NCAA, when they lose, it's to an ACC opponent, they have what, a 70 game home wining streak against non-conference opponents, what's that say about their losses? Currently in the AP poll, there are 2 other ACC teams ranked in the top 5 other than Duke, their losses come to TOP NOTCH teams.

Thats Right lol..Big Grin
Fav-UK
Least Fav-Tennessee